Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Devil May Cry Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Devil May Cry Thread

DMC 4 already was kinda disappointing to me since that guy... don't even remember his name... was not even 10% as epic as Dante or Vergil.
    Judging from that screenshot it seems that the decline of epicness succeeds in exponential speed.

The amount of failure feels a bit like they would replace Alucard of Hellsing with one of those Twilight-Vampires. Anyone approves?
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; September 15, 2010 at 02:01 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member redcometfm's Avatar
    Wish it were Los Angeles. Soon, very soon.
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

That reboot made me die a little on the inside. Concept aside, the character design isn't remotely interesting nor badass. Its generic.

Fuck the Western market. Seriously. That's why we have an abundance of masturbatory testosterone games like Ninja Gaiden, Halo, Gears of War and every other generic super violent shoot em up, cut em up game. Grr, Im so pissed.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

ninja theory are a poor company anyway..Heavenly sword was slow n dull...there game engines are slower than DM4 so not excited bout game play...the redsign is awful...and with it been western we gona have QTE

also there is self inplentation going on
    guy on the right is the director of ninja theory ..........

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Phenom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redcometfm View Post
    Fuck the Western market. Seriously. That's why we have an abundance of masturbatory testosterone games like Ninja Gaiden, Halo, Gears of War and every other generic super violent shoot em up, cut em up game. Grr, Im so pissed.
    Ninja Gaiden is eastern.

Being a fan of the DMC series (although I never posted here for some reason) I'm also not feeling the new look on Dante nor am I feeling the tone of the game.

I've never played Heavenly Sword and I would like to one day. I'll reserve my judgment until I see some actual gameplay footage.

http://tgs.gamespot.com/story/627593...opslot;thumb;1

For those who haven't seen the trailer.
    Last edited by Phenom; September 15, 2010 at 06:24 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

People need to step back and calm down. I see people complaining that this Dante looks "emo" or like a "Twilight character". People obviously are obviously ignorant to the punk aesthetic of 70's/80's Britain. Think Johnny Rotten. Also if it's a reboot bring it on, nobody was going to touch on what should have followed Devil May Cry 2 and the story had become disjointed anyway. If it is a prequel then that's all good too, he's 16 at the most in that trailer so it would take place before DMC3. Who's to say Dante wasn't a wayward teen?
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

there been that much uproar that on capcom forums capcom staff had put input (also Ninja Theory has blocked new member joining and there forums have crashed).

capcom said-

THIS IS A FULL REBOOT

everything has been scrapped..Dante is not a devil he a expirement wanting revenge (cliche)..this dante is only a small part of DmC.

the reason im irked is yes the character design dante si one most reconized Capcom icons like Ryu n Ken from Street Fighter.

but also the trouble i dont like is again Capcom is not making a game they just publishing it..and ninja theorys games arent good they poor God of War copies..they slow n framerate issues are abundant even in there lastest game Enslaved...

i just dont understand why capcom dont make there own games anymore just pass them on to 3rd rate desginers...the fact they done this is to increase sales not make a game for fans..

i admit it need some changes to gameplay..but this aint good so far

best thing at moment is all the jokes n parodys that appeared after a day..gota be a new record for this reaction
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Hystzen; September 16, 2010 at 10:24 AM.

9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Listen I love Capcom as much as the next guy, but I do think they have self destructive tendencies when it comes to their franchises. Plus they're all about the money with their incessant need to charge us for downloadable content that is included on the game cd anyway.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warbandit66 View Post
    People need to step back and calm down. I see people complaining that this Dante looks "emo" or like a "Twilight character". People obviously are obviously ignorant to the punk aesthetic of 70's/80's Britain. Think Johnny Rotten. Also if it's a reboot bring it on, nobody was going to touch on what should have followed Devil May Cry 2 and the story had become disjointed anyway. If it is a prequel then that's all good too, he's 16 at the most in that trailer so it would take place before DMC3. Who's to say Dante wasn't a wayward teen?
    Yeah I'm totally ignorant to that style. I'm glad it kinda diminished decades ago so I don't have to be annoyed by it these days. It's just not what I'ld every be able to accept as cool, it only looks... disgusting? Well that's an extreme word but kinda describes my view on it.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Horses for courses dude... I think the look is pretty cool for the character.

Having said what I had before, I have to say that if this is indeed a complete reboot then I will sorely miss the original cast of the series. I mean would it really have been so hard to write a game about a devil hunter that took place in hell? Because that's where are sequel for Devil May Cry 2 would've taken us. I know Dante's character in that game was off, but all they had to do was retcon his character and all would be good.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree see what happens..but the change of a ICON is not good to me.

but ninja theorys back catolog are not good in my opinon..

heavnely sword can be beat in under 4 hours first time you play it.
    controls are clunky n frame rate trouble when 6 or 4 people on same screen

enslaved there latest that aint out yet seems the same.

i think if capcom coundt be arsed they should give it back to kamiya (he did create DMC n Resident Evil) over at platnuim games..they got the gameplay sorted Bayonetta.

oh yea reminds me NEXT IS RESIDENT EVIL FOR A REBOOT god knows what that gona look like

best thing i love are the parodys they still coming

anyone ever seen a game hated so much from a debut trailer?

Spoiler show

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Kamiya and his team get shafted by Capcom? They don't deserve him to be honest. They should've given it to Suda51 in my opinion, I'd like to see what he would have done with the series.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warbandit66 View Post
    Didn't Kamiya and his team get shafted by Capcom? They don't deserve him to be honest. They should've given it to Suda51 in my opinion, I'd like to see what he would have done with the series.
    yea he made DMC 1 then capcom behind his back made DMC2 which was a fail..he let that slide then they screwed him off half way thru RE4 n DMC3 ..suda51 be epic there new games look as mad as there other games

kILLER 7 best game on ps2 no doubt.

the history now makes me laugh

DMC started the intrest in hack n slash..DMC2 failed God of War became sonys DMC released..then DMC3 came out showed it the best..ninja theory did Heavenly Sword which is a GOW clone which was a year late n not good..DMC 4 capcoms 4th biggest selling game..ninja theory making Enslaved n after playing the demo people calling it another GOW clone...so the game that re invented hack n slash has become GOW clone

more parodys..i love when people due hitler rant vids..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvdTsDOUnR4

only way i can get along with the mess they made so far is by trolling it
    Last edited by Hystzen; September 19, 2010 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Playstation Blog has interviewed the DMC team about the game.

Apparently, they changed his appearance to "toughen him up".

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

not trolled DmC for a while

forgot to comment bout that interview where they claim Dante is soft...getting stabbed 4 times by swords..punched in face n beaten up every game means he soft ?

http://scrawlfx.com/2010/09/ninja-th...t-cool-anymore

interview with everyones character deisgner and boss of NT Tameem Antoniades

he claims old dante aint cool anymore after 12 years.. (devilmaycry was out in 2001 so not good at maths)...he also boldly claims that Bayonetta aint cool either (nice dig at Kayima there who was acutally sticking up for them but meh)..what he means by not cool is the music,setting n outfit they beleive is not good for DmC...the devilmaycry gothic setting was cool and the soundtrack is good bit metal n opera music but hey what do we know eh.
    Last edited by Hystzen; October 01, 2010 at 04:33 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hollywood is going to make a Devil May Cry movie. Screen Gems, the same developer of the Resident Evil movies, will be developing the film.

Thoughts?

New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast