Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Devil May Cry Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Devil May Cry Thread

I loved DMC! O_o Dante is so cool I especially loved his attitude in DMC3 and DMC4(with a bigger accent on the 3rd one, he just got a bit too perverted in the 4th lol )

And I want Vergil back too! He was THE single most toughest boss EVER in the series

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Dante is still the best by far. Nero is reaching up to his level as well, I mean he is preety funny in DMC4. Lol.

In DMC3 had to fight Virgil like 3 times. The toughest was when he had the gsauntlets, he was practically invincible there. :| Still ain't played DMC3 special edition where you get to PLAY as Virgil. But with the storyline he would be fighting hiw own minions. Dont know how they did it in the special edition.

I miss Jester . Not the bold guy, just Jester. xD

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I found the gauntlets the easiest version of Vergil lol, his range wasn't as bad and he was predictable >.> Last fight with Vergil on anything above Hard mode is EVIL O_o Especially if I have no items (yeah I know, I suck so much I need items lol )

For the special edition, you DO fight the minions if that's what you're asking. Same story, but with Vergil. There's a different opening scene to put it into context that the storyline happens prior to the Dante one and you(Vergil) have to best the Temen no Gri and its guardians before you can reach your goal(since the bad guys aren't Vergil's minions but the tower's).

Nero fails because he has no styles >.> Even Vergil had styles lol(more like one but still) I'm kidding,I I like Nero

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Fighting Vergil right at the end was the easiest fight ever, even in HARD MODE. xD

I found DMC4 harder then DMC3, especially that flower/plant lady that you gotta fight. The one who is a serpent/dragon type thing lol. She was a pain in the ass. Died like 20 times as Dante . I sucked at that. xD

So who is the villain in the special edition version? Virgil himself? :P So he is fighting himself, right? I get it now

Nero is awesome. Don't worry. In DMC5 he will top Dante

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

he's impossible in DMD >_> I still can't dodge his final hit on that combo(the stab thrust), he reaches for me even when I'm halfway across the arena

The flower lady was an easy boss I found >.> On Dante she's a bit trickier since you can't just grab onto her as easily, but it's still manageable. Really, big bosses are usually pretty easy since they're easy targets. It's the smaller ones which cause me a pain in the butt since they actually tend to doge.

Oh and the last boss is Dante IIRC. Mind you, I haven't played Vergil in forever. I just know that he's a lot easier to dodge with than Dante's trickster.

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

He is dead easy . I can dodge him with my eyes closed and still be able to fight him off. LOl.

The flower lady reaches me everywhere. She is dead hard man. Have you played heaven and hell mode in DMC4? One hit from the enemy and you are dead lol. I died like 100 times. I hated the electri guy in DMC4, he just keeps , well i forgot what he does but i know he was a pain in the ass as well. He was harder then most of the bosses. xD They should make a live action movie of DMC, it would be excellent. The series has gone very popular.

We are great to keeping this thread alive. No one has posted on this since like a year. xD
    Last edited by Weapon_X; April 13, 2009 at 12:10 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

lol well to each his own I guess

And yes, I've played just about every mode on DMCs 1 through 4. I usually start on the hardest mode I can get prior to unlocks and just go from there.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Aff, time to post some update here, lol

finally after one year, I've finally reached S ranking with no damage for all the missions in DMD on DMC 3 with vergil and DMC4.

Man, this is so troublesome, my fingers weren't responding anymore, and stage 6 on DMC4 is the hardest to take no damage, aff.. damn sword-birds...

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

That's one thing that DMC does. Aches your fingers for ages, fighting the electric guy, when I finished him my fingers were literally numb. As someone commented the difficulty of the game "Nowadays games tend to give you a helping hand when playing but DMC would throw a million demons at you when you only have 5% health left". Damn right. But still, the best hack n slash game ever.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

DMC still rocks, despite making your fingers ache lol

I like the recurring theme of Dante always being impaled by something lol And let's not forget the totally unrealistic and impossible feats they do(catch bullets with a sword and then propel them at the enemy so that he can proceed to slash them in half lol )

Who's your favorite DMC character/boss guys?

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah thats another thing. The graphics /scene quality is amazing. All the tricks and shit they do, wow. Especially in DMC4 when Dante gets that weapon which turns into a gun, fires bullets everywhere. xD True, and Nero taking the piss out of Agnus because of his stuttering. LMAO! I laughed at that lol.

Fav DMC character is Dante.
    Fav villain is Vergil.
    Fav bosses are mainly from DMC3. Like Cereberus, Jester, and from DMC4 it has to be the frog. :P

Yours?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite character is obviously Dante(although I like his DMc3 version most, DMC4 seemed a bit too lecherous lol )

my favorite villain is also Vergil (yay! )

My favorite bosses were also from DMC3! That game had really neat ones lol I like Beowulf & Nevan particularly.

If I have to class them by game I'd say my favorite boss in the 1st one is Trish, 2nd one is the Despair Embodied, 3rd one is Beowulf & Nevan, 4th one is Berial.

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, please don't mention Nevan. That brings me back to the day when I kept getting kissed by her and then died obviously lol. Seriosuly, one sexy, but fatal kiss from her kills you! She was so damn hard, forgot to write her in my last post and fav villains..damn.

Mind you, ain't played DMC 1 or 2 cause my PS2 went bust when I got the PS3 lol. Trish is that blonde chick, right? Ain't she Dante's mum? How could she be a villain then..

In DMC4 it has to be the toad and forgot to mention, the flower lady. She was like Nevan lol. Hard to kill.

Favourite weapons?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I learned after the 1st time that kiss=BAD from Nevan lol Overall though she was a nice character. I found her voice acttress matched her quite well ^^

Trish is made to look like Dante's mom yes, but she isn't herself Dante's mom sooo yeah lol She's not exactly a villain either since she joins up with Dante in the end >.>

My favorite weapon has to be Beowulf gloves lol Those things helped me out in many many places lol

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought like she fell in love with Dante. :P So I let him and her finish the business, and then, game over lol. But the weapon you get is wicked! Beats any Guitar out there in the world.

So..technically..Trish ain't a villain is she? :P She was seen in the last scene in
    DMC4 with Dante, when Lady enters his shop.

Same, the gauntlets were awesome. Shook the whole ground when you use them. Favourite style has to be quicksilver, that white horse was easy lol. All you had to do was dodge him when he is charging at you, attack him and done. You got a new style. So cool when everything is so slow, that's how I finished Virgil so easily at the end. xD

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast