Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: The Devil May Cry Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Devil May Cry Thread

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Hollywood is going to make a Devil May Cry movie. Screen Gems, the same developer of the Resident Evil movies, will be developing the film.

Thoughts?
    It's Hollywood so it will be an unmitigated disaster. The dialogue will be cheesetastic and you best expect a hell of a lot of slow-mo to sped up action sequences. The movie will also be peppered with references to the games that make little sense giving the context.

Oh and no matter who they cast as Dante he will not be good enough.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Hollywood is going to make a Devil May Cry movie. Screen Gems, the same developer of the Resident Evil movies, will be developing the film.

Thoughts?
    A Devil May Cry movie? Bad. A Devil May Cry movie made by the same losers who did Resident Evil? FAIL.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ochiru's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Has to be best Hack and Slash game ever created so far I just love it the story yes maybe bit too repreative to itself but hey the action is just simply greatest in the world you can just feel the characters power and the easyness while you still get exicted when slaining the demons off you just get hyped up go crazy and shoot and slash the f#¤k out of those demons!With all those great acrobatic skills and the handling of the sword along with that Dantes four different styles always make it worth seriously you can do such great combos with those.For my favourite weapons I would have to say the twin guns and rebellion just makes it cooler in my opinion.I love so far the story since well you simply cant beat those witty,sarcastic and funny comments of Dante which always crack you up added to Neros rebellious,loudmouth,tough guy comments being plain badass.So far for Devil May Cry franchise my favourite list would be
    1.Devil May Cry 3
    2.Devil May Cry 4
    3Devil May Cry
    4.Devil May Cry 2

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Antiheld's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warbandit66 View Post
    It's Hollywood so it will be an unmitigated disaster. The dialogue will be cheesetastic and you best expect a hell of a lot of slow-mo to sped up action sequences. The movie will also be peppered with references to the games that make little sense giving the context.

Oh and no matter who they cast as Dante he will not be good enough.
    Oh god. Hollywood should never make movies of any good animes/games etc from Japan. It's a mess. I f I remember Dragonball Evolution I really want to throw somthing hard in the producers faces. Or throw them against something hard. Like the moon.

By the way, does anyone want to buy the HD-Collection? Since I have an own Xbox now, I thought about to buy it, if it realeases.
    Madness is not a state of mind.
    Madness is a place.

Let's go there.
    Shall we?♥

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

New DmC Game from Ninja Theory

Hey guys. I started this since I can't find anywhere on the forum topic specifically about the upcoming game. Now I'm a huge fan of the games and story, beat all the games, became a pro at the game-mechanics. The story had its good and bad moments but which story doesn't, right? Still playing the games today and I think they'll never get boring.

Now the new game is about to be released and it's getting pretty bad reactions (although the more trailers come out, the more people are starting to like it). They stated this game is a reboot of the previous ones but it seems like it's more like a remake. The story, the characters, the plot, everything has changed. At first I was skeptical because they completely changed Dante's appearance and the devil trigger looks too ordinary. But as they reveal more, I'm starting to like it. You could see from the gameplay videos that the game-mechanics are more or less the same as in previous games, you could also see some signature moves like Prop Shredder and Drive. The world in which the story is set is awesomely made and I personally like Dante's attitude as it's one of the things they haven't changed, more like improved. The sound and the atmosphere are dark and very well done.

Even though the game received negative impressions even before it's been released, I think the game is gonna blow our minds. What do you think?

SPOILERS AHEAD

New trailer came out yesterday and revealed that the boss from the Order is Vergil. Yes, Dante's brother Vergil. Vergil was my favorite character from the previous games so I don't particularly like the change in his attitude. Though I like his looks and thanking God that they kept Yamato with him. I think it's gonna be interesting to see how the brothers work together to bring the end to demons since they always battled against one another in previous games.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sonia Khan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

NO HOLLY WOOD plz dont, after what you did to KOF and Tekken, please dont ruin this one of my favourite game plz

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

So...dead thread? Anyone tried the new DmC yet? I will buy it in a day or two. Looks sweet. Thank goodness they are improving upon the glaring short-comings of previous DMCs.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Last night I had a dream that I was playing DmC. It's not often that I dream about playing games (right now the only one I can remember is me playing FFVII), but yeah I am pretty excited about playing the game. I was one of those that was very skeptical about the game when it was first announced, plus I hated Dante's new look, but now I really want to play the game. What can I say, it looks great!

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I had a hateful relationship with the whole 'new concept' as well. To tell you the truth, I feel really stupid now after I look at my reactions way back then. The game looks phenomenal and Dante looks pretty cool in my humble opinion. Way better than the cliche personified original Dante.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    ^ I had a hateful relationship with the whole 'new concept' as well. To tell you the truth, I feel really stupid now after I look at my reactions way back then. The game looks phenomenal and Dante looks pretty cool in my humble opinion. Way better than the cliche personified original Dante.
    Euh sorry but is'nt it the others way around ? and I don't know what is "Cool" about a punk spouting "F**k you f**k you" left and right,not a tidy bit of charisma,just the regular hollywoodized "bad boy"

On the positive side the graphics & concept looks awesome,as well as the gameplay but they f**ed up pretty big time with their ugly "Dante" I'm glad sales ar'nt doing too well for them.that'll teach Crapcom some about reboot.I'll be getting the games but after a good price cut.
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Dog View Post
    Euh sorry but is'nt it the others way around ? and I don't know what is "Cool" about a punk spouting "F**k you f**k you" left and right,not a tidy bit of charisma,just the regular hollywoodized "bad boy"

On the positive side the graphics & concept looks awesome,as well as the gameplay but they f**ed up pretty big time with their ugly "Dante" I'm glad sales ar'nt doing too well for them.that'll teach Crapcom some about reboot.I'll be getting the games but after a good price cut.
    Who cares about a one-dimensional Dante? That guy always ticked me off.

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7