Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How long will/should DGM last?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Darklight0303's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How long will/should DGM last?

I'm saying over 50 volumes

Proofreaders 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darklight0303 View Post
    I'm saying over 50 volumes
    I don't think there's a chance of that happening. xD The only manga I can think of that are at that length are One Piece (Japan's favourite manga, which DGM is definitely not), and Inuyasha... Thirty-plus volumes for DGM would be pretty good, but I would worry if it went over fifty. :/ Unless Hoshino managed to write a really epic plot that never got boring...

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well let's say i have complete faith in Hoshino's story weaving abilities

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pirate-hitman:L's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably around 25-30. I hope the Noah are revealed soon, though. And everyone needs to stop being pitifully weak.

Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shaddix's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Is DGM reaching its end?

I was reading a DGM's review where a guy said DGM is shit...and he said that he has heard some rumours that Hoshino has lost interest in DGM.

Today, one of my girlfriend's friends said that DGM is reaching it's end soon...because it started with 17 pages chapters and now it has only 15 without a cover.

What do you think?

I hope that's not true...I just see that DGM is so popular in Japan, and the manga is getting more interesting with the recent 158 chapter...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It's DGM reaching it's end?

It seems weird that Hoshino would have lost interest, especially with plot developments that we've seen recently. Although they could lead to an ending, it's harder to see one than if she'd spent chapters revealing everything at once. The "crystal" thing might be an indication, but we do have yet to see all the Noah, and information about the 14th is being revealed quite slowly.

As for the number of pages in a chapter, judging from the occasional sketchy artwork, it seems that Hoshino just can't draw any more than that (which might be why it didn't get the cover, I have to wonder). She did have an injury or something, right?

Also, DGM may not be very high on the ToC, but it's never been at the lowest point from the lists I've seen. It does have an ongoing anime, and its tankoubon volumes sell very well, don't they? I doubt Shueisha would cancel it right now when it's bringing in money. Besides, the number of pages doesn't seem to be an indicator of popularity; AFAIK, most series have at least seventeen, including ones that are getting cancelled.

So unless Hoshino does lose interest (so what were those research breaks for, huh?!), I personally don't think it's likely that DGM will end soon. There's a possibility that it will get cancelled, but since I can't see DGM getting an ending in a few chapters, it's more likely it'll just get cut off somehow...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't think so
    especially since is action fantasy type
    It one of my favorites

unlike eyeshield the ended with 145 episodes(so sad!!!), although the manga's ongoing

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member black_crow's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope it is not. It seems like there is alot ahead, like the final showdown between the noah+earl+akuma and the exorcists and the order. Plus there are alot of mysteries are being revealed/ or will be revealed in the next weeks.
    But the only way i can see it ending soon is if it is a cliffhanger, kind of like shamon king.
    But i dont think it will because of its popularity~
    http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/Kendarath/ES21/moodset/?action=view&current=008.jpgHow could you not love this face?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ZeRO_'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

doubt it. we still haven't seen the other noahs and don't even know who or where the heart is

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZeRO_ View Post
    doubt it. we still haven't seen the other noahs and don't even know who or where the heart is
    Although that doesn't mean Hoshino couldn't cram it all into twenty chapters and end the story. There are other factors... like if Shueisha will let her or not.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Would they be allowed to cancel a manga that has developed so much and has had so many manga chapters? Even though I must admit that in my opinion, it does seem like Hoshino is getting bored or loosing interest in recent chapters (especially after level 4 fight). I also think that Hoshino didnt know what to do after the level 4 and thats why she was stalling for a couple of chapters and had that break. But hopefully she will regain interest once we start to find more about the 14th.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast95 View Post
    Would they be allowed to cancel a manga that has developed so much and has had so many manga chapters?
    If it wasn't bringing in a profit, absolutely. Didn't that happen to Shaman King?

Of course, as long as DGM's anime is successful and the manga volumes continue to sell as well as they do, I don't think it'll be cancelled. Its popularity on the ToC may not be high, but it's the profit that counts.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

After the expansion Hoshino pulled last chap i seriously doubt it's going to get cancelled any time soon

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Inuhanyou123's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeeze people need to stop being negative for a change, how could hoshino run out of ideas with all of those reveals she put out last chapter? There is no reasoning for such baseless statements. So she put out a comedy chapter(apparently), what's the big deal??

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DaRkCoUnTeSsB's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see it ending soon. I mean I don't think it'll be as long as Naruto or One Piece but I think Hoshino will still be willing to complete it. =)

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast