Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite espada/arrancar release?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yammi's Ira

3 3.45%
  • Stark's Los Lobos

13 14.94%
  • Barragan's Arrogante

8 9.20%
  • Hallibel's Tiburón

11 12.64%
  • Ulquiorra's Murciélago

27 31.03%
  • Nnoitara's Santa Teresa

6 6.90%
  • Grimmjow's Pantera

13 14.94%
  • Zommari's Brujería

0 0%
  • Szayel's Fornicarás

2 2.30%
  • Aaroneiro's Glotonería

0 0%
  • Neliel's Gamuza

4 4.60%
  • Other

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Hollows/Arrancar

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite Hollows/Arrancar

Nell: Great one, she's funny, cool and powerful, I believe kubo worked very well in Nell

Ulquiorra: The "godly" aspect that Kubo is giving him is great, his speech and actions just intimidate everyone in his way

Szayelapollo: Great and perfect strategist, he was only defeated because Mayuri is another great Strategist; Szayel can counter every attack he saw, good enough to become one of the top 3!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by patedecarne View Post
    Szayelapollo: Great and perfect strategist, he was only defeated because Mayuri is another great Strategist; Szayel can counter every attack he saw, good enough to become one of the top 3!
    I don't know about him being able to make into the top three espada with his ability. He is effective when he has collected sufficient data on his opponent. In an impromptu fight, I think an opponent sufficiently powerful could just quickly overpower him, killing him before he has the chance to develop a counter.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hehe, my bad Tsuki, I was referring about my top 3 arrancars!
    I just forgot to implement the statement, lol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Grimmy-kun
    He's so brassy xD;<3
    Quote Originally Posted by someguy0830 View Post
    1: Grimmjow - Defect already, damnit. He's just too cool to be evil for evil's sake. He needs to be evil for good's sake.
    +This. Bad guys always die, he's too awesome to die ;-;
    2) Ulquie
    Quote Originally Posted by Leen View Post
    2. Ulquiorra Schiffer
    I like him when he says, "The next word that you say is 'yes' " when he talks to Orihime.
    ^When he talks to her like that he reminds me of one of those pigs who're all 'Barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, woman!" ...Why do I <3 him again ;-;..
    3. Holow-ichi
    He's INSANE. That auto's +100 cool points imo =<
    4. Szayel
    He makes me lol =< Cuz he thinks he's the secks but he's only moderately noticable on the scale of awesomeness. STILL<3
    5. Nel
    A) I need a woman on the list [She represents<3] B) I heard the 'Bleach Beat Collections- Nel Tu'. 1st song is the best thing ever, like a 4 year old on a sugar high at a rave ^_^~

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

1. ulquiorra he's just the best and his hair is ace just wish that when ichigo fights him he manages to smash his helmet to bits so we can see all of it
    2. neliel youve got to love her cuteness in child form and sheer power in adult
    3. grimjow the blue hair is amazing
    4. halibel female espada are rare and she is in the top 3
    5. stark he is a ncie evil dude
    Last edited by kat_at_heart; April 12, 2008 at 09:30 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Nel Tu Oderschvank

2. Ulquiorra Schiffer

3. Stark

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Grand Fisher (non-hybridized) - GF, to me, represents what's missing from the current Arrancar as antagonists. He had lots of experience with Shinigami, a truly horrible ability--using the image of someone you love to create openings--and a sickening propensity to target women and little girls. He was a monster; an inhuman beast with no morals and no redeemable qualities, who took away Ichigo's mother because of his disgusting fetish.

As Arrancar, none of the Numeros will ever be as odious as him. They're still crazy, yes, but they aren't driven by insanity or instability to feed, and they're supposed to be more human in nature--which GF himself showcased in his fight with Isshin. Also, none of the remaining Arrancar have long history with the main characters; any connections they have were forged in the past month or two.

GF is, and will probably always be, my favorite villain in the series. He, Mayuri and Aizen are the only ones I wanted to see killed.

2) Grimmjow - There are several reasons why he's a favorite. His arrogant way of carrying himself; his callous disregard for the lives of others; his fighting style, which blends sword arts and hand-to-hand street fighting (something I've always wanted Ichigo to do); and his voice actor, Junichi Suwabe, who's done a great job with GJ and other cool characters (Greed from FMA, Atobe from PoT, Seymore from FFX, etc.). He might not be the strongest Espada, but he's definitely the coolest IMO.

3) Nel (kid form) - She's such a sweetie.

Seriously, though, I like her because she's the most unique of ALL the hollows we've seen in the series, personality wise. Most of the normal Hollows are bloodthirsty beasts; the Numeros are all shonen vilain archetypes; Adult Nell prides herself as a saint for being reasonable among evil spirits, and has a dully chauvenistic design.

But Kid Nell? Who else is like her? She'd a toddler-sized, tactless pottymouth with a lisp, who has the propensity to headbutt people and/or punch them in the crotch. As great as the cast in Bleach is, Nell is one of the rare likeable AND original ones. She's so much fun.

4) Wonderweiss - Rather than try to explain it, it'd be better if you watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRtU-ICG-gQ

Other honorable mentions: Edorad, The Top 4 Espada, Yammi (for being such an entertaining punching bag), Luppi (for being such a satisfying kill), and Halibel's Fracciones.
    Last edited by gigantor21; May 01, 2008 at 04:59 PM.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Best espada release

So, what's your favorite espada released now that we've seen them all? I'm gonna have to go with Barragan. He just looks awesome, not to mention unique (no trace of humanity in it at all).
    Last edited by Darth Executor; June 17, 2009 at 10:53 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ozehro's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best espada release

well since they are the main enemies at this point.
    I expected them to look really terrifying or powerful.
    and so far Ulqs segunda etapa and Barragans bad to the bone release
    are my favourites. but I have to go with segunda etapa.
    which reminds me is the poll refering to looks or in terms of resureccion abilities etc?

*Predictions:*
    |Ulquiorra was the only VL under Aizen|
    |Aizen is not the last villain in Bleach|
    |Use the espada sig and Credit Geoff|

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll just go through the list and pick one at the end:
    10/0 Yammi: Kinda lame, from an already giant unreleased state, to an even bigger one.
    9 Aaroniero: His ability was cool (to copy the appearence and abilities of those absorbed), but his release was lame, it was just Kaien Shiba's body on top of a big blob of stuff, that's what it honestly looked like.
    8 Syazel: Just wierd looking in every way, makes it even grosser when he is reborn from Nemu.
    7 Zommari: First of the kinda cool releases, turns him into a pumpkin with a bunch of eyes, too bad it completely ruined his whole "having the fastest sonido" thing since he no longer had legs.
    6 Grimmjow: I liked this one a lot, turned Grimmjow, who was known to be some kind of wild cat (eg. tiger, leopard, lion, etc.) into a very feline looking figure, plus, it had cool abilities (elbow bullet things, and his energy claws).
    5 Noitora: Lame, just looks like him plus 2/4 more arms, I guess it goes with the whole, being only pure power thing though.
    4 Ulquiorra: Awesome, looks like a normal human with bat wings in primera etapa, and then looks even more badass in the segunda etapa.
    3 Halibel: Pretty good, although I have to say it reduced her sexy factor (I think she looked better unreleased but with her jacket open, but her abilities were lame since she couldn't overpower hitsu.
    2 Barragan: This one is badass, turns his whole boddy into like, a skeleton with black smoky stuff around it, looks like a grim reaper with a giant axe.
    1 Stark: Better than some of the lame releases (eg. Aaroniero, Yammi, Syazel, Noitora), but not liking the cowboy thing that much, it's alright though.

My top 3:
    1. Barragan
    2. Ulquiorra
    3. Grimmjow

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Either Barragan's or Yammi's. Probably Barragan's it was extremely badass how he turned into a skeleton.

But Yammi's turned him into a beast and/or dinasaur.

@Ohzero: I'm pretty sure that it's how it looks since Darth does say now that we've "seen them all" not "seen what they can do"(since Stark hasn't actually done something in his released form).

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks (though feel free to praise their abilities too). Ability-wise it's a tie between aaroneiro and barragan for me.

And actually, concept wise barragan's abilities are eerily similar to abilities I designed for a shinigami I made up:

I figured one of his quirks was that his shikai is better than his bankai:
    shikai - stops time completely in an area around him
    bankai - scythe with a detachable spinning blade that ages and disintegrates anything it touches instantly

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tonguen_yomom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys didn't like Nnoitora's release? I thought the crescent thing was hella awesome and that his silhouette with the scythes looked friggin badass. Maybe I'm just a sucker for blades.

I, on the other hand, hated Grimmjow's release, which I thought took away that punky, devil-may-care quality of his and replaced it with a skinny little pussy (pun intended).

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonguen_yomom View Post
    You guys didn't like Nnoitora's release? I thought the crescent thing was hella awesome and that his silhouette with the scythes looked friggin badass. Maybe I'm just a sucker for blades.

I, on the other hand, hated Grimmjow's release, which I thought took away that punky, devil-may-care quality of his and replaced it with a skinny little pussy (pun intended).
    I agree. Grimmjow's was lame. Nnoitara (the espada I hate the most) had an awesome release. The anime in particular made it look even more epic.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll do what Eddy01741 did.

Yammy - Never liked him. His release did nothing for me.

Aaroniero - Liked him as Kaien. Nejibana is a cool ass weapon. But his resurrection.....EW.

Szayel - I liked the whole swallowing the sword thing, but his resurrected form is just weird to me.

Zommari - Maybe my favorite. Not his actual form, but the way he released (breaking his neck and the sword bending). That was really cool. His actual released form is....meh.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/300/06/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/300/07/

Grimmjow - One of the better ones, in my opinion. The anime really made him look so damn cool. Just get rid of the long hair and it's perfect.

Noitora - One of my favorite characters. Cool name and a cool design. His resurrected form, however, also did nothing for me.

Ulquiorra - Another character who I liked in their non-resurrected state. His Segunda Etapa was pretty cool. There's one panel where he really looks like a monster from hell:

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/348/13/

Harribel - Another whose sealed state was better looking than their resurrection. Her bone-mouth was really really cool. Her resurrection is....meh. I don't like her giant sword thingy at all.

Barragan - Yet another one.....his bone crown was cool. He even had a cool axe. His resurrected form is okay. Doesn't excite me that much.

Stark (who I REFUSE to call "Starrk") - I'll decide how I feel about him when this week chapter comes out. He looks cool so far.

So.....my favorite, I guess is Grimmjow's, but only because all of the others are "meh".

All of their un-resurrected forms are much better than their resurrected, imo.
    Is that strange?

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast