Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Is Naruto getting boring?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

76 35.68%
  • No

137 64.32%
New Reply
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto is getting worse/boring/unattractive Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member walkie's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto is getting worse/boring/unattractive Thread

For some time i think naruto is not as good as it was for last almost 20 chapters....i mean:

chuunin arc: great chapters, new characters, lots of moves, good fights

persue of sasuke arc: sound 5, sasuke vs naruto, neji, shikamaru, choji, kiba, lee's new style and etc.

rescue of gaara & kakashi gaiden: akatsuki, kakashi, new faces of rookies

for last 20 chapters: sai, naruto's 4-tail. yamato's tech.

except for yamato and naruto 4-tail vs oro (2-3 chapters) we saw nothing...only sasuke in shadows and his hair...that sai thing is not very good for me....what about you? is last chapters satify you generally? i hope naruto will again get faster....

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are you satisfied? (spoilers)

Actually, i quite like this new arc. We got to see Kabuto, always my favourite char , and though my first impression had something to do with his sexual preferences, Sai actually grew on me ( a certain cover with him performing a seal even made me like how he looks for a short time ), and like how the return of Sasuke will not be a standard bada-boom fighting story, but more of a sneak-in operation, and cannot wait until we see Naruto interfering with the capturing of Sasuke (next chapter?), as he thinks Sai is trying to kill him. Though i do admit at this point i really don't care who his brother is, unless it actually turns out to be Mizuki, which will result in a Sai vs Naruto match whatever happens.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean, it sucks that it's been so long since we've seen fancy moves (apart from Sai, but tbh I don't really care as we all know he's dodo-bound, i.e. extinct), or any nice fight scenes. I want naruto jutsu development, I want a showdown between the 3 sannin apprentices, I want this chapter upon chapter or teasing sasuke to stop.

But it makes sense from a storytelling viewpoint, I mean, with this much buildup I assume when the proverbial s**t hits the fan it's gonna do so in a big way, with several kickass sequences. Then a long aftermath where the primary characters are a lil tired and the secondary characters get a chance to shine.

At least thats what i'm hoping, to be totally honest i'm more looking forward to how Naruto (and sasuke if he returns) are gonna kick so much ass in the Chuunin exam, that and Secondary character development (neji! hinata! shino! kiba!)

So to answer your question directly, the chapters haven't really satisfied me, because of the damn obsession with pointless character development of a doomed character and sasuke teasing.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Chidoki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The build up is still great I'd say. In terms of reading weekly, anything reading as a weekly is annoying. However when put together as one read is what makes it all worth it.

Now the plot lately as of this arc does lack action which I am disappointed in terms of reading as a weekly but I'm not disappointed in terms or reading as a whole (plus the fact that the anime version will add and extend certain action sequences will make it more pleasing).

It's good to add a lot more plot now for the long series of action sequences in the near future. I see nothing wrong with the current arc as every chapter still holds my attention more of what is happening next. The mystery is what drives me to want more. Others opinions are different.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LightReaper
    So to answer your question directly, the chapters haven't really satisfied me, because of the damn obsession with pointless character development of a doomed character and sasuke teasing.
    Actually, though i was certain Sai would die for months, these last weeks got me doubting my own theory. My guess would be ( *tries to keep it short* ) that sasuke will not be "rescued" during this arc, that after the failed attempt with Orochimaru/Sasuke fleeing the scene ( there's got to be some Kabuto and Kakashi things coming soon imo...? ) they return to Konoha, Sai will be the one to finish Danzou off and stay with Team 7 perhaps... something like that... I should post my more detailed "prophecy" later

What i want to say is this: i don't think Sai is a one-use-only character, like Yamato is imo. We've seen Yamato's tricks and his personality is kinda plain, so he'll prolly be gone after this arc, but Sai might stay around... Even if they "save" sasuke, the probability of him joining again is quite small i say... if it were real life i mean, in manga people do things that don't fit with their character often ( check "sai" in your dictionary )[br]Posted at: May 05, 2006, 08:45:33 PM_________________________________________________read: this arc mostly gives Kishimoto more options and mysteries to delve into later on, the previous arc had a beginning and an end

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member C4animax's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think i'm not too desapointed, the reason it is slow is because we got two "main important peopl" one is sai and the other one is sasuke, sasuke must stay in the dark that's why we only see few part of his body...and sai is the key character to make the plot move...admetting sai wasn't in that team with his mission they would be stuck back then on the bridge.

It's true that we don't see any great action/jutsu but i'm sure this is because there is a lot comming in the next few chapters...but anyway it's like the "sentimentale" thing in the manga, sometimes is good but most of the time it's just plain boring...

I have to say seeing all the anime all at once, the plot was moving very fast (maybe too fast sadly) so i'm ok being surprised by thoses betrayal...

Note : sasuke teasing sure is borring and that is what slows down everything!!!

Agree with khal for the one use character, but yamato has a power needed and i believe he'll probably come back sooner or later to help out.
    My new website, you can upload whatever you want on it : http://www.full-stream.org enjoy. (should be uploading naruto episode on it soon)

Get your naruto wallpapers here at http://meganime.ovh.org that's what all ninjas do anyway and you?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member walkie's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

as general i do not have any problems..of course sometimes everything should slow down and only stroy should come to light..but i found something interesting..sai turned sides very quickly, which i didnt expect that speed. and sasuke is just staying in shadows for too long..

for last chapters it seems to me kishiomoto getting milk as much as he can from "seeing sasuke hope"...sai's behaviour, orochimaru and kabuto stuff happening too fast..why? and why without any action? if this is about sai then give him a couple of chapters like neji had, totally background about him and info about hyuuga, or like gaara...if this arc is not about sai then let things go on...

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

We have enough info about Sai, we know he truly intends to save Sasuke, we know Naruto now thinks he wants to kill him,
    which could/will result in Naruto accidently spoiling Sai's capturing attempt perhaps?

We know him brother died, and if it is Mizuki, then we'll see a flashy fight when he finds out Naruto was the one that killed him ( if he is dead indeed, not like in the anime... ), we'll see Sai attack Naruto perhaps?

Also, the flashback chapters will be saved for when we hear his brother's name, IF he is becoming a "main" character for a while at least.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member C4animax's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Khal
    We know him brother died, and if it is Mizuki, then we'll see a flashy fight when he finds out Naruto was the one that killed him ( if he is dead indeed, not like in the anime... ), we'll see Sai attack Naruto perhaps?
    Please, are you serious about mizuki?...they don't have the same haircut and he's not root, they are like ambu they don't travel unmasked and freely....mizuki isn't dead naruto just injuried him, he was in prison....(after that it's accorded to the filler only).

I think things will really move faster in 2 chapters.
    My new website, you can upload whatever you want on it : http://www.full-stream.org enjoy. (should be uploading naruto episode on it soon)

Get your naruto wallpapers here at http://meganime.ovh.org that's what all ninjas do anyway and you?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto Going a Bit Downhill? (spoilers)

Ok. Is it just me, or has Naruto been reallllly getting lame lately. I mean not only did the fight with Asuma's squad dissapoint me, but Naruto has to add another Bunshin to do his next Rasengan. I mean, I though that it looked lame enough with one when Jiraiya could do it so easily. Maybe the only thing good in a while to happen is Shikimaru picks up smoking.

Naruto's training also seems like it'll be forever. And seeing him trans form into the Kyuubi during training and what not doesn't even excite me anymore. Akatsuki is still doing the same ol' same ol', I mean basically I still read this manga because it's just a part of my weekly routine. Anyone else feel that it's been slipping lately?

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Going a Bit Downhill? (spoilers)

Yeah, I have the same you have, but the manga is just so addicting. The jutsu creating thing really lasts forever, although Naruto adding an extra bunshin is a realistic and logical way to make that jutsu. So, in my eyes, this is a good thing. The thing what really dissapointed me is the fact that Naruto (as a character) barely improved, and that changing into kyuubi is very commonly used now. For the rest, the Asuma fight (great drama build up), Shikamaru who picked up smoking and the training thingy are major plus points, in my oppinion. I like drama, and I was really shocked when I found out that Asuma died.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Asuma's death was pretty messed up. But what really messed up the fight is that ... forgot the guy's name can't die. I was like... "Omg Kishimoto just ripped off Basilisk". And even though it's a bit off topic, I just haven't really respected Kishimoto's work after reading Hunter X Hunter. The character Sasuke is so much like Kurapica it sickens me.

Also, it does really suck that Naruto didn't improve as much as we thought he would, and now he's going to have another BIG technique that he has to land dramatically to win the fight. He needs to practice some damn Genjutsu for once, if anyone puts him under a sleep spell they have already defeated him. Needs some tai work too.

When I look at Vagabond, Bleach, eyeshield 21 and Hajime no Ippo, I think that Naruto is losing that "juice" it had.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't liked it as much since Narutos' fight with Orochimaru, but I'm still enjoying it and look forward to it every week. Plus, I think it's due to most stuff since then has been either setup or pretty filler-ish. The same happens every now and then in Bleach and even One Piece. After Naruto learns his new jutsu, I think things will pick up again.

Post Thanks / Like

When Naruto was fighting Orochimaru, and he didn't have the four tails out, the fight was going great, but when he got the fourth tail? That shit looked SO stupid (imo), I didn't read the manga for like 3 weeks. And yes, when Naruto learns his new jutsu it will be good to see. But, since it's Musashi Kishimoto, we already know what's going to happen. Naruto fights a very strong opponent he shouldn't be able to beat, he gets beat up at first, says something charming and charismatic, and hits the guy with that bigass rasengan. After the first time you see it, it'll be lame

Edit: oh and another thing I hated about the Kyuubi Oro fight, is that Kishimoto gave Naruto a blast that looks just like freaking Cero...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS
    Yeah, Asuma's death was pretty messed up. But what really messed up the fight is that ... forgot the guy's name can't die. I was like... "Omg Kishimoto just ripped off Basilisk". And even though it's a bit off topic, I just haven't really respected Kishimoto's work after reading Hunter X Hunter. The character Sasuke is so much like Kurapica it sickens me.

Also, it does really suck that Naruto didn't improve as much as we thought he would, and now he's going to have another BIG technique that he has to land dramatically to win the fight. He needs to practice some damn Genjutsu for once, if anyone puts him under a sleep spell they have already defeated him. Needs some tai work too.

When I look at Vagabond, Bleach, eyeshield 21 and Hajime no Ippo, I think that Naruto is losing that "juice" it had.
    Hmmm for me I was also extremely dissappointed when I saw that everyone seemed to be better then naruto. I mean I know the original premise of his character is like the underdog , but they keep slapping this whole " he has so much potential thing" at us and yet he doesnt show it, I mean in the beginning it was interesting , you know with comedy mixed in with his failures but I seriously had hoped that his going off and training with Jiraiya was supposed to be the end of that. I mean with all that "potential" and other hype the idea of of his going off and being personally taught by oneof the the strongest nin out there, the teacher of the character that is made out of hype, Yondaime. He he came back I expected him to show up all those people who made fun of him , everytime Sai dissed him I was seriously hoping for NAruto to suddenly be behind him with a kunai to his throat saying " who did you say was dickless? " , instead he gets shown up by Sai , Kabuto plays off his rasengan attempt like he is a academy student, and Sasuke completely trumps him when he finally comfronts him. They were pretty even at the valley of the end and then Sasuke prgresses to a point NAruto cant even perceive. Stop making naruto the underdog that is what I want to see, that is my main complaint. The manga is supposed to be about him , not sasuke , not itachi or Kakashi , or Sai , Naruto Freaking Uzumaki

New Reply
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast