Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Is Naruto getting boring?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

76 35.68%
  • No

137 64.32%
New Reply
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto is getting worse/boring/unattractive Thread

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Going a Bit Downhill? (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by poopoomaru
    Naruto Freaking Uzumaki
    actually its Uzumaki Naruto. other than that i agree 100% with what you said. and think about it, how bad of a teacher is jiraya if he didnt even teach naruto his element? what the hell did they do those 2,5 years? spy on babes and go 4 tail? wow, progress................

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol I am an American and hence choose to place LAst names after first names , making it Naruto Uzumaki ( I feel there is no harm in calling a fictional being whatever I want , like I will make a point to pronounce naruto , Nar-uto , instead of na-ru-to. Its just easier for me ).

I am hoping that this training method will be the redeming factor in this mistake that I think was made. I just hope Kishi doesnt put it up on a shelf and never acknowledges it after this wind rasengan training ( like kuchiyose for example ).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BoffenJL
    actually its Uzumaki Naruto. other than that i agree 100% with what you said. and think about it, how bad of a teacher is jiraya if he didnt even teach naruto his element? what the hell did they do those 2,5 years? spy on babes and go 4 tail? wow, progress................
    lmao! so true about the progress, I also completely agree with you poopoo. Even Ichigo is becoming MUCH stronger compared to how he was, when HE might his rival after his power boost, he showed him how much of a boss he really was. And, I really wonder wtf kind of training they did those two years. Jiraiya says Naruto has one technique he can't use period... so in 2 and a half years Naruto learned one deadly jutsu, and has perfected Oodama Rasengan.... YAY!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, on the training, Jiraiya always believed that the Kyuubi is Naruto's greatest power and after the timeskip, we see he can go to 4-tails. Chances are Jiraiya focused a lot on bringing out more of Kyuubi's power without knowing the danger, especially since he'd be tangling with Akatsuki. And who knows how long it took him to teach Naruto the unknown jutsu. At least that's my theory... I wish Jiraiya would show up and reveal more.
    Quote Quote:
    so in 2 and a half years Naruto learned one deadly jutsu, and has perfected Oodama Rasengan.... YAY!
    And improved his Kage Bunshin usage, learned to cancel genjutsu, and how to summon weapons from scrolls. Probably gained a lot more stamina/chakra as well.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a problem with the way the story is progressing at all. We were already told that Jiraiya was only going to focus on Kyuubi's power ever since he taught Naruto the summoning technique. It's always been Kakashi that dealt with making Naruto stronger as a ninja. And just because Naruto didn't make the jump from Genin to Jounin in 2.5 years doesn't mean he didn't progress. He took the skills he had and refined them. Remember in the Wave Country arc when Kakashi was better at using Kage Bunshins than Naruto? Look at Naruto now, even Kakashi states that he can't compete with Naruto's chakra strength or his Bunshin control.

Naruto has improved a lot imo, but you're really not looking for ways he's improved skills he already had as much as you are looking for new flashy jutsu's that you want him to have. I bet you wanted Naruto to come back with 100 new Jutsus that all took the form of Elemental Dragons, Invisibility and the power to fly. Naruto isn't that kind of a character. If you're looking for diversity in techniques, look at Orochimaru or Sasuske. Naruto is all about doing things his own way and creating his own way of the Ninja. You're nuts if you think that after 2.5 years of training Naruto is going to totally abandon his signature jutsu just because 3 of the strongest characters in the manga can do the same Jutsu w/o a Kage Bunshin (Jiraiya, Yondaime, and Kakashi.) No shit they can do it w/o a Kage Bunshin, they've been Ninja's for 20+ years. Narutos' only been at it for <5 years. Cut him some slack.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zero1986
    I don't have a problem with the way the story is progressing at all. We were already told that Jiraiya was only going to focus on Kyuubi's power ever since he taught Naruto the summoning technique. It's always been Kakashi that dealt with making Naruto stronger as a ninja. And just because Naruto didn't make the jump from Genin to Jounin in 2.5 years doesn't mean he didn't progress. He took the skills he had and refined them. Remember in the Wave Country arc when Kakashi was better at using Kage Bunshins than Naruto? Look at Naruto now, even Kakashi states that he can't compete with Naruto's chakra strength or his Bunshin control.

Naruto has improved a lot imo, but you're really not looking for ways he's improved skills he already had as much as you are looking for new flashy jutsu's that you want him to have. I bet you wanted Naruto to come back with 100 new Jutsus that all took the form of Elemental Dragons, Invisibility and the power to fly. Naruto isn't that kind of a character. If you're looking for diversity in techniques, look at Orochimaru or Sasuske. Naruto is all about doing things his own way and creating his own way of the Ninja. You're nuts if you think that after 2.5 years of training Naruto is going to totally abandon his signature jutsu just because 3 of the strongest characters in the manga can do the same Jutsu w/o a Kage Bunshin (Jiraiya, Yondaime, and Kakashi.) No shit they can do it w/o a Kage Bunshin, they've been Ninja's for 20+ years. Narutos' only been at it for <5 years. Cut him some slack.
    True , he didnt jump from Genin to Jounin , but Neji did , Kankuro and Temari did. Gaara went from Genin to KAge for fudges sake. Granted he has progressed , that isnt the problem to me, the problem is that that progression isnt shown , he still is getting handled and mocked left and right ( note the examples I gave in previous post ) Sure he was progressed , but he is still the underdog amongst his peers, and thats something I thought he would actually have grown past by now.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But the entire story of Naruto is based on Naruto being the underdog. For him to become the Sasuske-esque genius would be ridiculous. The theme of Naruto is that if someone works hard enough they can do anything. This isn't DBZ, there are no time-chambers for people to get powered up in 8 chapters.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zero1986
    But the entire story of Naruto is based on Naruto being the underdog. For him to become the Sasuske-esque genius would be ridiculous. The theme of Naruto is that if someone works hard enough they can do anything. This isn't DBZ, there are no time-chambers for people to get powered up in 8 chapters.
    No , but the time-skip was the perfect time for him to get up to the level where he would at least contend with Everyone. I never expected him to be a genius sasuke where he then trumps everyone he fights I just wanted it to change from the whole , Naruto is weaker then everyone , he fights a guy who is stronger then him , and then through his belief in himself and his pure heart he suddenyl pulls out a win , and then goes back to being weak. I wanted him after the time skip to actually change , for some actual character development to happen , to be able to show those around him that he really isnt weak. Instead he has been shoved into the underdog category again like before.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sharinganLS's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know, i cant really argue abt this and i dont have a point to add but i will say this yes naruto is an nderdog even in part 2; Im guessing Kishimoto is portraying his main charcter in this manner to show us that he isnt perfect and he is still growing into the man he will become (the hokage). I do feel he is much cool than in part 1 he is not affraid to take on an akatsuki member (unlike in part 1). Again im not adding to any point im just saying Naruto is still growing up he still has alot to learn.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been going downhill alot recently, there are just too many issues that Kishi seems to be having, and combined with the fact that One Piece is on the continual rise, Naruto has fallen from favour:

a)Shikamaru is not the main character, why the hell can't Kishi realise that if he's going to give secondary characters air time, he's got to share the airtime. Where is team Gai, where is team Kurenai. Where the hell is Sakura and Sai for that matter.
    b)Nice to know that Shikamaru can somehow master how to use the wind element in like an afternoon, much quicker than Naruto using several hundred kage bunshins.
    c)Akatsuki's overall plan has fallen flat in terms of intrigue, "WE WANT MONEY BWAHAHAHAHAHA"
    d)Too little content in alot of the recent chapters. It feels like he's stretching out things so he has time to plan ahead, when what he really should be doing is taking a break to come up with some good material. The manga is suffering and has been since the Naruto/Orochimaru fight.
    e)Like I said before, One Piece is blowing this manga out of the water as it is in terms of quality.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LightReaper
    a)Shikamaru is not the main character, why the hell can't Kishi realise that if he's going to give secondary characters air time, he's got to share the airtime. Where is team Gai, where is team Kurenai. Where the hell is Sakura and Sai for that matter.
    b)Nice to know that Shikamaru can somehow master how to use the wind element in like an afternoon, much quicker than Naruto using several hundred kage bunshins.
    I dont agree that naruto should have the main attention throughout the series. Other than Naruto Kishimoto has given sasuke alot of detail and background (even Lee to some extent) so i think its good shikamaru is getting some detail.
    As so shikamaru learning wind chakra within one aftyernoon. Nobody knows if that really is wind chakra. It could be his shadow or some other element.

Now 20% Cooler 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sahugani's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree with you

a) i have been wanting desperately some air time for team kurenai. team gai had the rescue gaara arc, team asuma has...well...the asuma issue, but team kurenai was shoved aside. what i would like more than anything (right up with Franky joining the strawhats in OP) even though it'll never happen is a team 8 rescue nibi mission where they fight zetsu. it would make me so happy
    b) uhh i believe shikamaru was channeling shadow chakra into asuma's blades (shadow whips "hope") as can be determined by a number of factors
    c) ya i agree completely
    d) i guess
    e) amen to that. grandpa, father, coby and helmeppo, shanks, whitebeard, ace, blackbeard. it made me so happy

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sharinganLS
    I dont agree that naruto should have the main attention throughout the series. Other than Naruto Kishimoto has given sasuke alot of detail and background (even Lee to some extent) so i think its good shikamaru is getting some detail.
    As so shikamaru learning wind chakra within one aftyernoon. Nobody knows if that really is wind chakra. It could be his shadow or some other element.
    I never said that Naruto should have all the attention, merely that if he's going to showcase the secondary characters, give them equal air time. Sasuke is a main character so lot's of airtime is to be expected. Shikamaru however isn't.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

naruto is just becoming boring and boring...... adding another bunshin to create his new jutsu makes it more boring...

pirates are way better than ninja!!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LightReaper
    I never said that Naruto should have all the attention, merely that if he's going to showcase the secondary characters, give them equal air time. Sasuke is a main character so lot's of airtime is to be expected. Shikamaru however isn't.
    Its just like Bleach and any other series (remember ishida, chad, Inoue battles). U cant give the main character the spot light the entire time and i agree wat ur saying abt sharing the spot light. If it was possible to do so Kishimoto would have shown it but he didnt , besides all mangakas plan the way they would portray the storyline according to wat would keep their readers into the story. Switching very frequently between naruto and shikamaru would just screw around with the readers attention (it sometimes impossible to share the spot light thats all). Kishimoto is currently giving shikamaru the attention he will then continue with narutos traning later. It better this way then showing pieces of both the charcters at the same time.&#160; [br]Posted on: November 14, 2006, 03:20:22 PM_________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpapakellogs
    naruto is just becoming boring and boring...... adding another bunshin to create his new jutsu makes it more boring...

pirates are way better than ninja!!
    Yeah u do make a very gud point; it is boring, but could u suggest another way by which naruto could complete this new jutsu?
    (this isnt the place to state pirates are better than ninjas LoL)

New Reply
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast