Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Is Naruto getting boring?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

76 35.68%
  • No

137 64.32%
New Reply
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto is getting worse/boring/unattractive Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raine_Joybringer's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Going a Bit Downhill? (spoilers)

I haven't been seeing anything really all that wrong with the series lately. The storytelling has been very good, and very different as far as comparisons to other manga go. I love how we get to see more of the supporting cast than the main characters- as much as I love Naruto and Sakura, it's good to have a breather and see 'meanwhile, over there' kind of stuff.

I don't see what the big fuss is about Naruto's training is. Can't people just be happy with the hundreds of bunshin training? I like it how he's gone back to an old way- it shows that you don't always have to be revolutionary to get results. It also shows just how "behind" Naruto is that he didn't realise it sooner... poor kid... he really does have a long way to go.

I'm actually pretty happy with how the series is progressing so far. It's not always big explosions and fight scenes- it's gritty, emotional, and has characters with real depth to them. Kishimoto has been doing great in my opinion, and I think it's only going to get better.

RJ's Avatar Rotation!:

Visit my dA account: deviantART Or my FF.net account: Fanfiction.net

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raine_Joybringer
    I haven't been seeing anything really all that wrong with the series lately. The storytelling has been very good, and very different as far as comparisons to other manga go. I love how we get to see more of the supporting cast than the main characters- as much as I love Naruto and Sakura, it's good to have a breather and see 'meanwhile, over there' kind of stuff.

I don't see what the big fuss is about Naruto's training is. Can't people just be happy with the hundreds of bunshin training? I like it how he's gone back to an old way- it shows that you don't always have to be revolutionary to get results. It also shows just how "behind" Naruto is that he didn't realise it sooner... poor kid... he really does have a long way to go.

I'm actually pretty happy with how the series is progressing so far. It's not always big explosions and fight scenes- it's gritty, emotional, and has characters with real depth to them. Kishimoto has been doing great in my opinion, and I think it's only going to get better.
    My problem with this is that just in two weeks Naruto was able to learn the rasengan technique which took like 2 years for Yondaime to create correct? But then he goes off with Jiraiya for two whole freaking years and he's barely learned anything. You'd think that somebody so far above Kakashi's lvl would be able to teach Naruto a little something? Why didn't Jiraiya bother teaching Naruto about elements? Most likely because he wants to keep him on that Kyuubi I have more chakra in the world type shit, and a lot of people are getting tired of it.

Also, imo Kishimoto has been getting worse and WORSE. It's like, "Oh yeah, I'm going to have Shikimaru best my protagonist character by using teh wind chakra in two minutes. Man that kid sure is a genious." "Ohhhhh I know, lets kill off Sarutobi Asuma! That makes it sad! I can make another funeral scene, I got a lot of feed back on that shit! Plus people will be wondering who Konohamaru's daddy is!" "Hmmmm... so I guess I shouldn't improve Naruto behind the scenes like the time skip made it look like I was going to do! I'll just make it so your able to see what he's doing but not improving him but like a tiny bit, yeah, that'll be so cool!"

I mean WTF was the point of the whole time skip? A cheap ass two month break he got out of the process, I really don't even know WHAT to look forward to when I read Naruto now, so if someone thinks there is something I should be looking forward too, please enlighten me.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS

My problem with this is that just in two weeks Naruto was able to learn the rasengan technique which took like 2 years for Yondaime to create correct? But then he goes off with Jiraiya for two whole freaking years and he's barely learned anything. You'd think that somebody so far above Kakashi's lvl would be able to teach Naruto a little something? Why didn't Jiraiya bother teaching Naruto about elements? Most likely because he wants to keep him on that Kyuubi I have more chakra in the world type shit, and a lot of people are getting tired of it.

Also, imo Kishimoto has been getting worse and WORSE. It's like, "Oh yeah, I'm going to have Shikimaru best my protagonist character by using teh wind chakra in two minutes. Man that kid sure is a genious." "Ohhhhh I know, lets kill off Sarutobi Asuma! That makes it sad! I can make another funeral scene, I got a lot of feed back on that shit! Plus people will be wondering who Konohamaru's daddy is!" "Hmmmm... so I guess I shouldn't improve Naruto behind the scenes like the time skip made it look like I was going to do! I'll just make it so your able to see what he's doing but not improving him but like a tiny bit, yeah, that'll be so cool!"

I mean WTF was the point of the whole time skip? A cheap ass two month break he got out of the process, I really don't even know WHAT to look forward to when I read Naruto now, so if someone thinks there is something I should be looking forward too, please enlighten me.

I agree with Raine_Joybringer in the sense that I feel the manga is progressing rather well. To address your points:

- First of all, Naruto has not learned to use the rasengan one handed, he just improvised a quicker way to complete the jutsu based on his strengths. It makes sense that he learned it much quicker. Besides, Naruto was not developing rasengan, merely following a blueprint to use it. Of course he'd learn it faster than Yondaime.

-Secondly, by this time it's obvious that Jiraiya thought the Kyuubi was Naruto's greatest strength, and this has turned out to be quite the opposite. Naruto in four-tailed form is extremely powerful (maybe Kage level) but this power comes at the cost of his life. Since most of the 2.5 years were spent on Kyuubi, then that means that it was time wasted, thus he wasn't able to develop as well as other characters in terms of self chakra, etc.

-We don't know if Shikamaru's new blades have wind chakra in them. It certainly doesn't look like it, more like a shadow or fire type chakra. It's bad to assume.

-Asuma's death was very fitting. As powerful a Jounin as he was, he was not central to the story, and his 4 man Nijyuu Shoutai were simply no match for Hidan and Kakuzu. This increases the Akatsuki's credibility as an extremely powerful group of ninja's, as well as allowing character development for shinobi such as Team 10, Kurenai, etc.

You may be unhappy with Naruto's portrayal of supposed weakness, but look at all of his opponents from the timeskip onward: they've all been at least Jounin level (Sai and Sasuke being the weakest, which says a lot), generally much higher. Do you expect him to be able to rape anyone who stands in his way? Give it a little more time, and if you're truly unhappy, then stop reading.
    Sig is a work in progress.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    "Oh yeah, I'm going to have Shikimaru best my protagonist character by using teh wind chakra in two minutes. Man that kid sure is a genious."
    1) The same page showed Shikamaru studying, obviously to use wind chakra. We don't know how much he studied and practiced there.
    2) Naruto isn't very skilled and knew nothing about the elements when he began.
    3) Last I checked, Shikamaru is a genius.
    Quote Quote:
    "Ohhhhh I know, lets kill off Sarutobi Asuma! That makes it sad! I can make another funeral scene, I got a lot of feed back on that shit! Plus people will be wondering who Konohamaru's daddy is!"
    Just...what are you complaining about here? That Kishimoto is adding emotion to the story (making Akatsuki seem like a threat in the process) and answering questions? Asuma's funeral was only two pages anyhow.
    Quote Quote:
    "Hmmmm... so I guess I shouldn't improve Naruto behind the scenes like the time skip made it look like I was going to do! I'll just make it so your able to see what he's doing but not improving him but like a tiny bit, yeah, that'll be so cool!"
    Just what were you expecting him to be like after the timeskip? And he HAS improved, he's just looked weak in comparison to Akatsuki and Sasuke (where he was weakened from the Kyuubi's damage). Which he's felt bad about twice in Part 2, and has driven him to take up this training and learn the wind chakra faster than expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by LightReaper
    c)Akatsuki's overall plan has fallen flat in terms of intrigue, "WE WANT MONEY BWAHAHAHAHAHA"
    Uhh...they want money AND the bijuu in order to control the world
    Did you miss most of that chapter.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raine_Joybringer's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS
    Remember that learning a technique would be easier than creating it. Yondaime must have spent ages just researching the way chakra could be molded into the most effective form, and also infusing it with an element (though he never got that far). Naruto used unconventional means to achieve the product, even if it did take him even longer to actually perfect it. His stamina would mean that it's possible he would have been able to train longer in one day than Yondaime was able to.

What Jiraiya taught Naruto must have been a lot like a going over of all the basics, since Naruto isn't the brightest crayon in the box, and as seen, Sakura and others were constantly having to remind him of things. Jiraiya also seems to have a rather short attention span as well... Odds are Jiraiya spent most of the time looking into the Kyuubi's strength inside Naruto, testing it, and developing ways to deal with it (also fact finding about the Akatsuki and perving on women). He probably just didn't get the time to get into the advanced stuff with Naruto.

Quote Quote:
    Shikamaru's chakra didn't seem to be the same colour. It looked pretty different. Also, it was just as choppy and distrorted looking as Naruto's was when he first used it. First used it are the keywords there- Naruto was able to get his chakra to get "sucked" into the blades, and Shikamaru was able to too. It's possible anyone would be able to do that. It's also possible that if Shikamaru's chakra type isn't effective in the blades, he might not be able to use them. He was just testing to see if it was possible, hence his research in the library.

I wouldn't poke such fun at Asuma's death like that. His death is vital to the storyline, and it shows just how serious the Akatsuki are in terms of their goal, and their power. Also, these are ninja we're talking about. Doubtless people die all the time. This time around, it unforunately happened to be Asuma who got in the line of fire. And it's impacted a lot of people. Of course Konohamaru would be shown- the kid lost a relative. It shouldn't matter if he was father or uncle, he still lost someone precious to him.

I'd have rather seen what was happening with Asuma and the others than seeing chapter after chapter of Naruto training... at least Naruto hasn't learnt the new technique in two chapters flat though, which is what many people were concerned about before.

Quote Quote:
    If you don't like the series, stop reading it then.

RJ's Avatar Rotation!:

Visit my dA account: deviantART Or my FF.net account: Fanfiction.net

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Now now see what happenes when you post without thinking?

I think we should all sitdown and have some of those delicious virtual bluberry muffins WinterLion hands out in the introduction thread, before a fight breaks out.

Let us just all get along, shall we?
    Blind dude rocks! click the link to find out why, I dare you
    Spoiler: awesome slashdot(and other) quote(s) show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

no bullshit i mean especially with that heavily forshadowed Asuma death and naruto making rasengan with ten bunshins
    okay maybe not 10 but u get the point
    click to join mangahelpers facebook group

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I find the manga better then it has been in a long time. The fact that people are saying Shikamaru has wind chakra and screwing up the Akatsuki goals makes me wonder if the manga is going over their heads? Are they even paying attention?

I never said that Naruto should have all the attention, merely that if he's going to showcase the secondary characters, give them equal air time. Sasuke is a main character so lot's of airtime is to be expected. Shikamaru however isn't.
    Who exactly are you to tell a mangaka who and who not are his main characters? Who is writing the story here? The only true main character is Naruto, but if Kishimoto wants to give another character panel time then that's his business and that character becomes important. He is obvisouly trying to do something big with Shikamaru. That doesn't mean his is obligated now to do the same with other characters. Only Naruto, Kakashi, Sasuke, and Sakura have appeared more in the manga than Shikamaru. So if you don't like calling him a main character than call him a semi-main one. Comic book writers and mangaka sometimes favor certain characters for whatever reason. Wolverine was just a minor character on the X-Men until John Byrne and Chris Claremont started focusing on him and he became one of the most popular comic book characters in history.

Check the panel counts. Kishimoto has never given the secondary characters equal panel time. Neji was always more important than Tenten. Lee more important then Hinata. There is a clear hierarchy to the characters. Kishimoto has been doing this for years. Shikamaru didn't start getting important overnight.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you not agree however that Team Kurenai is long overdue for some airtime? Kurenai has been in alot of the chapters recently but none of her team has, not even at the funeral. I have no problem with Shikamaru getting alot of airtime, it's the fact that other characters are suffering because of it. What has Sai been up to, or Sakura for that matter? Even team Gai has been out of the picture for a while; it just seems like a vastly different style of story telling now then before the timeskip, and *IMO* the manga has suffered because of it.

I'm not trying to convince anyone ELSE that the manga has been in a slump, merely stating the reasons that I have for thinking that the quality has taken a turn for the worse. That *is* what the thread is about, right?

On the subject of Jiraiyas training with Naruto; i'd very easily believe that he was only training Naruto on how to use the kyuubi, but from the way Kyuubi has been portrayed, it seems like the results from the 'training' would of occured naturally anyway as Naruto loses his grip over Kyuubi. We have seen no literal difference between this Naruto and the past Naruto than the odama rasengan and more tails. The former seems more like mild experimentation that Naruto carried out himself, and the latter would of occured naturally as the seal begins to weaken. So *WHY* did Jiraiya waste away so much time, I would of thought he'd be smarter than that and train Naruto on how NOT to depend on Kyuubi, much like Kakashi is doing now.

Now 20% Cooler 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sahugani's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i like anyone who agrees with me about team kurenai's lack of presence. i wanna see Kiba/Akamaru tear it up. i wanna see Hinata prove her competance compared to Neji. I wanna see more creepy bug techniques from Shino

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you all the way man! woot woot!

regretably though, I doubt we will see any of that in the next few chapters.
    Blind dude rocks! click the link to find out why, I dare you
    Spoiler: awesome slashdot(and other) quote(s) show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

What i dont want in naruto is,, that the akatsuki exposed their plan to early.. maybe it lessen my excitement to read the naruto manga recently... the opinions and predictions make it to the point that i know what will happen in the near future........................

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner mtofu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the series has been pretty stagnant since sasuke left the leaf village. the story lines have been a bit on the short side which makes it feel like either there is too much happening too soon - there's a very go/stop feeling. also, the combat sequences arent as flashy as they used to be.

i'm glad shika is getting some page time because he's an interesting character. i think i'd go crazy if i had to sit through naruto's training because he's the main character - it would be really boring. in fact, i'm happy to see anything about any character so that i won't have to sit through naruto's training.

i'm pretty sure that shika didn't use the blades to channel the wind technique. i agree that it wasn't defined like asuma's so it is possible to assume that it is just the beginning stages of whatever element he is. but, my first impression of that scene was he was channeling his shadow into the blades. also, just because we only saw one page of him playing chess and sitting in the library, doesn't mean that only one day has passed since asuma's funeral.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sharinganLS's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you not agree however that Team Kurenai is long overdue for some airtime? Kurenai has been in alot of the chapters recently but none of her team has, not even at the funeral. I have no problem with Shikamaru getting alot of airtime, it's the fact that other characters are suffering because of it. What has Sai been up to, or Sakura for that matter? Even team Gai has been out of the picture for a while; it just seems like a vastly different style of story telling now then before the timeskip, and *IMO* the manga has suffered because of it.

I'm not trying to convince anyone ELSE that the manga has been in a slump, merely stating the reasons that I have for thinking that the quality has taken a turn for the worse. That *is* what the thread is about, right?

On the subject of Jiraiyas training with Naruto; i'd very easily believe that he was only training Naruto on how to use the kyuubi, but from the way Kyuubi has been portrayed, it seems like the results from the 'training' would of occured naturally anyway as Naruto loses his grip over Kyuubi. We have seen no literal difference between this Naruto and the past Naruto than the odama rasengan and more tails. The former seems more like mild experimentation that Naruto carried out himself, and the latter would of occured naturally as the seal begins to weaken. So *WHY* did Jiraiya waste away so much time, I would of thought he'd be smarter than that and train Naruto on how NOT to depend on Kyuubi, much like Kakashi is doing now.
    I agree wih you, Jiraya's training turned out to be not a very poisitive result for naruto; i hope Kishimoto has a reason for portraying the training in this manner.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sharinganLS
    I agree wih you, Jiraya's training turned out to be not a very poisitive result for naruto; i hope Kishimoto has a reason for portraying the training in this manner.
    yeah I mean he's still the same dunce from part I
    click to join mangahelpers facebook group

New Reply
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast