Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinoy Thread v.9

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yoniekai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinoy Thread v.9

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Although slightly different, when my sis received her rejection letter for the japanese scholarship she cried for days and wouldn't eat.
    look at me. i was rejected by four straight companies. convergys rejected me for my pinoy accent, teleperformance rejected me cause i screw up the th's, NEC didn't contact me for reasons unknown, and just a while ago at teletech, i didn't even had the chance to submit my resume, i went to the counter and they said i failed the behavior test. if i would say, i feel very very very fucked up right now, would you agree?

man.
    `(•.°)~

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hunter71485's Avatar
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

yonie.

grabe na yan tol. have you gotten your diploma? minsan (o madalas) kasi yan ang hinahanap nila eh... pag wala e kung anu-anong katarantaduhan ang nirarason...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

the main thing that employers will look for is proof of graduation, either (or both) your transcript of records or your diploma. also make sure you have a few good references (i.e. teachers, guidance councelor, and previous employer [even if it's just a part-time job]).
    Last edited by Paper; March 27, 2008 at 06:26 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bakashijinsan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoah! Grabe ang competition dyan sa Call Center a. I've never had any problems when it comes to call center jobs. pero dyan, mukhang malupit talaga ang competition.

yonie, how do you speak English ba? your accent? especially th's. Word of advice for you adre'. Never use any obvious fillers (ummm...ahh...errr...) and try to reaaaally speak like an American. just imitate the ones that you've watched from movies. And don't be conscious even if you sound so gay. many agents who look like men from the middle east, with builds like wrestlers, become gay the instant they handle a phone call. BELIEVE ME!

Quote Quote:
    grabe na yan tol. have you gotten your diploma? minsan (o madalas) kasi yan ang hinahanap nila eh... pag wala e kung anu-anong katarantaduhan ang nirarason...
    diplomas is not even required in companies! they'd honor your transcript but diplomas...maybe in some. but most of the time, it's transcript. And call centers don't look at your credentials, school or what not. The only thing that matters to them is that you can speak English like and American.

currently watching Detective School Q drama!
    Last edited by bakashijinsan; March 27, 2008 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

copying an accent can be difficult... i've seen people do it, and as BSS said: they sound gay. but not only that, at times they also unconciously spit while talking and at times unconciously try too hard and end up screwing it up.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

aww, i speak directly, i never use uhm or ahhs... my weakness is that my regional accent really breaks out, i can slang deliberately but not naturally. but man the competition is really fierce, that's why i have a lot of friends that i can say i speak better than them, i that got accepted in cebu or other places.

what made me incredulous today was i failed the behavior test. i just cant believe it, i haven't made a move yet!
    `(•.°)~

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

@yonie
    bisaya accent?

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

@yonie- looking bored can work against you. some companies start the testing the moment you walk in. so make sure to put your "game face" on as soon as you enter.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

maiba naman...

tumitindi ang lahat ng manga titles ah...

tulad na lang ng hunter x hunter...

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

they gave me a 100 something test about your personality and point of views. MD you're in teletech right? they say it's really BAD to put "strongly agree/disagree", which the majority of my answers are. and i'm being really honest about myself _-_
    `(•.°)~

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe your test result came out as "chaotic good" and they became scared of the idea that someone might actually have a brain and not conform to everything they say....

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i really believe that's the case dude, that's why i'm so pissed, cause i'm not some idiot as to fail a fucking personality test. ah man forget about that, i'm hunting at jobstreet again
    `(•.°)~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bakashijinsan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by level4paperboy
    @yonie- looking bored can work against you. some companies start the testing the moment you walk in. so make sure to put your "game face" on as soon as you enter.
    I always look bored when I apply for work especially call center work. I always think: "Eto na naman tayo!"
    Plus I always get vexed when they ask you to submit your resume and they still ask you about things that have been listed in your resume! not only that, they even give you forms that are more or less photocopies of your resumes. It always turns out that your resume is just like your PASSES to get an exam or be interviewed.
    The last one that I went to made me really annoyed because I had to fill up so many other forms, take a stupid English exam and read out tongue twisters for the nth time. My face showed it all the time and I was seriously yawning at my interviewer. She had the nerve to act all high and mighty when she can't even pull a very good accent.

I always get the jobs that I don't want. And I always don't get the job that I want. Maybe I am trying too hard that I become superficial. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by yoniekai
    aww, i speak directly, i never use uhm or ahhs... my weakness is that my regional accent really breaks out, i can slang deliberately but not naturally. but man the competition is really fierce, that's why i have a lot of friends that i can say i speak better than them, i that got accepted in cebu or other places.
    If you really want a job in a call center, you've got to get an accent. That will get you a 99% chance of success. I practiced before I entered convergys, reading aloud a Harry Potter book.
    If call center's not your thing, just forget it.

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

heh, these call centres arn't really that tough on standards. i've called and been called by call centres with agents that have a hard time differenciating their p's with their f's, and their b's with their v's. not to mention that some have also had extremely heavy filipino accents (i.e. becoss instead of because, and choory, instead of theory)

@BSS- i always put my game face on when i apply to a job or school. i do what needs to be done to ensure my success, even if it means that i need to play "eager noob applicant".
    Last edited by Paper; March 27, 2008 at 07:51 AM.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hunter71485 View Post
    "Buti nalang di kita anak"

Anong klaseng linya yan?? Bakit pinapalo ba niya yung mga anak niya kaya ka sinabihan??
    Di naman. That prof, from the very start, I had a gut feeling she worried for me all the time. That's why she said that. Kasi daw kung anak nya ako, lagi syang mag-aalala hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by bakashijinsan View Post
    Not really worked hard but more like trying my luck! Whahaha! Maybe that's the reason why I wasn't so discouraged. Maybe I'll feel down after a few more months or years of preparation.
    Yeah. Lalo na if you plan to teach. My sister studied japanese for about 2 years to pass the japanese proficiency level 2. And she's still bad at conversational jap

Quote Originally Posted by yoniekai View Post
    look at me. i was rejected by four straight companies. convergys rejected me for my pinoy accent, teleperformance rejected me cause i screw up the th's, NEC didn't contact me for reasons unknown, and just a while ago at teletech, i didn't even had the chance to submit my resume, i went to the counter and they said i failed the behavior test. if i would say, i feel very very very fucked up right now, would you agree?

man.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoniekai View Post
    i really believe that's the case dude, that's why i'm so pissed, cause i'm not some idiot as to fail a fucking personality test. ah man forget about that, i'm hunting at jobstreet again

yonie, jobstreet may be the way to go. Besides, while you're waiting for the reply you can take a break. Kakagrad mo pa lang naman. For like, at least a week.

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast