Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Immortal Regis by Ga On Bi & JUDER

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tal_Shiar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Immortal Regis

I like your response Keshire. And I kinda agree
    that they had alot of time to figure out what
    was happening under their nose .

Well, part of the reason I posted the manga,
    was the hope that they would realize how upset some
    of us were with their slow releases. But I think
    that message fell on deaf ears .

It just depends on how ignorant they
    are of their readers, and that will decide
    what will happen in the future.
    Last edited by Tal_Shiar; May 06, 2008 at 01:11 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I was looking for chapter 15 again the other day but couldn't find it anymore at OM.
    @Tal, Was OM the one who asked you to stop it?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, meep asked me to stop.

Although, once I agreed that I would
    stop making the manga, they asked OM
    to take down the manga. Since I agreed to
    stop. Kinda messed up, but thats what happened.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

manwha can b used to describe chinese manga/comics

chinese comic is junk that drags on and on and on (real comics like superman and marvel heros)

chinese manwha: some of its good like the one abt 3 kingdoms

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hay Tal_Shiar, if you could, can you e-mail me the translated copy of Immortal Regis chap. 15 plz.. I've been waiting for a very long time for it to be translated.

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member caesarpk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

immortal regis chapters for vol 3 is all out on Onemanga.com
    yehoo!
    Currently not taking any new project.

My Scan Group, My Trans Vault My Livejournal

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Alan Smithee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I came in here to talk about this awesome series and all I get is people bitching about the speed meep-scans are going at. It's not gonna kill you to be patient meep do HQ stuff which is generally worth waiting for or offer them your help, this thread is basically just two pages of moaning... blegh, lame!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
    I came in here to talk about this awesome series and all I get is people bitching about the speed meep-scans are going at. It's not gonna kill you to be patient meep do HQ stuff which is generally worth waiting for or offer them your help, this thread is basically just two pages of moaning... blegh, lame!
    Well it is not that usual bitching like "omg they suck because it takes forever to scan the manga", it is more like people complaing because someone is willing to do it as well prolly faster and the group dosent want it.

Now back on topic:
    The manga is pretty good but something has being bothering me, besides the fact that being undead u need ur masters blood every 3 days does being "dead" has any other negative effects? Like would he start to root or something like? Because so far taking aside the the need for blood being "dead" seems way too good, u get to live longer, can do magic, has fast regenaration i see only positive points here.

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member caesarpk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, from what I understood, it seemed like he is undead as long as he gets his master's blood, but if he runs out of "undead energy" sort of thing, he will be immobilized and die sooner or later
    Also, when he regenerates himself, he sucks "life energy" from the surrounding, i.e. people, animals, fishes, trees, therefore endangering others
    and one negative might be that he can never go back to being human, and that he sucks at magic. (don't know if that king Noche sucked at magic or not, so can't say all undead suck at magic
    anyways, I enjoyed the recent releases quite a lot. wonder how's Jae Hyuk's gonna survive though
    Also, owen was hilarious lol
    Last edited by caesarpk; May 17, 2008 at 06:12 PM.
    Currently not taking any new project.

My Scan Group, My Trans Vault My Livejournal

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure that as time passes we will understand more about what being undead really entails, it's only volume 3 after all so I'm sure that it's only going to get more indepth.

Quote Originally Posted by unholy
    Well it is not that usual bitching like "omg they suck because it takes forever to scan the manga", it is more like people complaing because someone is willing to do it as well prolly faster and the group dosent want it.
    ...so meep scans should've said although we have dedicated many many many many hours of our free time to this series and have brought it to the attention to the manga reading public. Why don't you jump on the bandwagon take all the momentum from our hardwork and kick us of now whilst we're gathering speed? Besides the quality of what meep scans puts out is very good no offence to Tal_Shiar or anything but their was a quality difference.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by caesarpk
    Also, owen was hilarious lol
    Too true!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, sure their was. And although quality is important, manga readers really only care about the story. Thus as long as the readers know whats happening, they do not mind the quality as much, at least that's how I see it (mind you I was a noob at it too ).

Look, I got tired of waiting for them to come out with the manga. And I read many posts of people complaining about how slow the manga release was, and I was kinda upset when their only response was "we have lives too", and not giving us valid reasons or times of the releases. So I just decided to do it myself, and I did. The secondary effect that I hoped it would have was force meep-scans to realize that they were starting to upset their readers were getting upset.

P.S Had they been paying attention to their forum, they could have stopped me
    long before I released my manga.

Let alone, what I did could be more considered as a creative complaint. Instead of wining
    about how slow they where with their releases. I made my own scanlation, in order to
    prove my point.
    Last edited by Tal_Shiar; May 18, 2008 at 01:10 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm so its been ages since I've been to this site, they even changed the layout...I like the old format better but maybe thats because I'm not use to this. Anyway after waiting what seems like forever on meep I remember you can find almost anything on MH so here I am and this is what I find.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
    ...so meep scans should've said although we have dedicated many many many many hours of our free time to this series and have brought it to the attention to the manga reading public. Why don't you jump on the bandwagon take all the momentum from our hardwork and kick us of now whilst we're gathering speed? Besides the quality of what meep scans puts out is very good no offence to Tal_Shiar or anything but their was a quality difference.
    I'm sorry but uhm I'm going to have to say this is a very bias and stupid statement. Meep is a scanlating group, no more no less. No matter how much time and energy they put into translating/scanning something they have no right to tell anybody not to scanlate something. They did not create Immortal Regis and they did not bring it to the attention of the manga reading public, they simply made it so english speaking people can access it. People do not know Immortal Regis because of Meep scans people know Meep scans because of Immortal Regis. If it was their true desire to introduce andand maintain the interest of people in the manga then they would welcome any help because scanlating is not supposed to be about personal glory of who scanlated what its supposed to be about getting people manga, the end. And although I'm happy that Meep scan took the time to start scanlating Immortal Regis they do NOT have any momentum and when riding a horse you kick it in the sides to make it move faster. People have been kicking Meep for months and they're still crawling.

Long story short Meep does not own any exclusive rights to Immortal Regis and as such they can NOT complain about other people attempting to do what they do, just faster. There are MANY manga that have MULTIPLE groups scanlating them. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, and even newer series like Psyren have more than one group scanning them. So I don't know what this "bandwagon" you speak of is but if you're a scanlating group and you get behind, people are gonna get tired of waiting and find ways to get their damn manga. We don't owe Meep anything, if somebody else has the resources and ability to scan Immortal Regis faster than Meep then tough titty for them. Scanlators/Subbing groups have to compete for popularity, you aren't gonna have a monopoly on a series forever. Especially not one as good as Immortal Regis is and more people are becoming aware of it. If you cant scan up to speed then you have no right to complain, thats all there is to it. Manga does not slow down to be scanned, it comes out on a continuous basis. They knew that when they started.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guy's for supporting my actions,
    It's really appreciated.

Now Alan, the only reason I stopped
    making my translations was because meep's
    translator willingly gave me the translations.
    And I stopped because I did not want to place
    him in a difficult situation. But if meep is still going
    to be crawling like this, I'm gonna start finding a
    way of undermining their monopoly.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member miyavisoap's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i love this manhwa!!! i have the raws til volume 6 ^^
    the art is great too =]]

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_Shiar View Post
    Thanks guy's for supporting my actions,
    It's really appreciated.

Now Alan, the only reason I stopped
    making my translations was because meep's
    translator willingly gave me the translations.
    And I stopped because I did not want to place
    him in a difficult situation. But if meep is still going
    to be crawling like this, I'm gonna start finding a
    way of undermining their monopoly.
    Good luck! Finding translators is far from easy as the forty plus pages in the translator recruitment section does tell you.

He also claimed he was trickered into giving you the translations as he thought you were from the group.

Quote Quote:
    They did not create Immortal Regis and they did not bring it to the attention of the manga reading public, they simply made it so english speaking people can access it. People do not know Immortal Regis because of Meep scans people know Meep scans because of Immortal Regis.
    This is nonsense so you're saying Meep scans had no hand in the current popularity of this series? So just based of the raws that were available there were still 900+ people with this on their reading list? When a group decides to put their faith in a series with no scanlations and no current fanbase and start from chapter 1 people enjoying and being able to read the series is down to that. It's not something many groups are willing to do which you can probably tell from the many many groups who just jump on whatever is weekly or popular.

Quote Quote:
    it comes out on a continuous basis.
    ...Umm, it's a complete series! Ended at volume 6. The chapters are not gonna go anywhere.

I would rather have a group that I know has good quality releases and have been around for a while and have the structure so that I can have faith that they will finish the series. Do you know how many new groups come out and die? People find out how much hard work it is and they just give up. I've seen situations were another group/person picks up a series that was being scanlated at a pace that was in their eyes at a slow pace and release it faster for a while then all of sudden they burn out because even lq releases take time. The original group has already dropped the project the new group are no more and then the project makes no progress it remains unfinished.

It's not too hard to learn how to get a bit better and then apply to join the group. Not too hard at all and the most effective way to help. Competition in scanlating is not healthy on manga that do not have the fanbase to support it. Forcing groups to compete is what's causing a lot of bad blood in a community where people used to be more supportive of each other and members of new groups got to know one another.

Goodness only knows I learnt my lesson with Kekkaishi!

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast