Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Immortal Regis by Ga On Bi & JUDER

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner nighthawksw's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Immortal Regis

I don't even know what this argument is about.

If a group can do it quickly, and the other does it higher quality; i don't even see the competition.

I appreciate the fast release when a group's behind, and i appreciate higher quality when it does eventually come out. Everybody prefers higher quality in the long run, but not everybody likes to wait. So you guys are handling two separate sides of the same coin.

I think it's totally absurd to have this much of an argument over whether or not somebody else has a right to release the same series Last i heard, neither group purchased copyrights, so really you're all free to do as you want. This argument kinda looks like an e-penis contest, except less direct insults; which i suppose is improvement.

I really like this series, <3 it really. Meep did an awesum thing to find and share this with the community now that i know they did it! But like was just said, groups die out at times; the more the better chance of it all getting done right? If everybody just found different mangas and manwhas to translate, we'd have a lot more to look through; but for people to start, they've gotta find a series that sparks their interest in many cases, thus you get two groups on the same thing.

That's not bad, it's promoting more possible groups to arise. That's GOOD. I'm sorry not everybody likes it, but i really think it's a bit crazy to say nobody else should ever translate/scanlate besides Meep. There's a bit too much pride and e-penis in that statement.

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Alan Smithee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I sort of get the feeling that you didnt read my last post all the way to the end or I didn't make it clear enough. Either way all I know is this thread is now officially derailed (well it has been since page 2).

So last thing I'll say on this and we can continue via pm's in order for this to not get out of hand.
    Quote Quote:
    If a group can do it quickly, and the other does it higher quality; i don't even see the competition.
    Because as talshiar already posted in this thread people dont seem to care about quality anymore. I do, I really do but most readers dont. Therefore 95% of series dont have the fanbase to support two scanlators which will lead to one of the groups dropping the project or one of the groups dying. Or something which happens often HQ group loses 90% of their downloads and their motivation wanes they drop the series and then new speed lq group burn out, get bored or lose a key member and they die. Then nobody scanlates the series. I've seen these things happen too many times and I've read through too many series with a chunk of chapters in lq and I've also seen too many groups forced into competition because of having to compete for a series that can't hold them both up. It just creates bad blood and I hate lq...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner nighthawksw's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

LQ sucks in that not only is it sometimes cleaned poorly, but the translations also don't make sense at times and i imagine are improperly translated ontop of that (as in they get a different meaning than was trying to be conveyed, as well as not making any sense). Yet i hate only being able to read manga/manhwa one chapter at a time; it's worlds more fulfilling and easier to dive into a series when you can read them in batches, and really fall into the world.

No matter how great the quality, if it's TOO slow, you can really fall completely out of a series. Even once a week made me fall out of some of the popular ones, like Greyman, Naruto, and Bleach~ though i do still read eyeshield. Deadman Wonderland for another example looked awesum when i first ran across it and read 10 chapters in one sitting. I luffed it, and followed it through till 13, but at this point i decided it's not worth waiting for it and decided not to bother with it. I dunno who is/was doing that one, but at this point i decided i was just gonna forget about it till it's finished. Not because i dislike it, just because i can't feel the same depth into the manga with the spacing between chapters.

And purely for arguments sake, i don't actually have a problem with this but just as a point:
    The problem with a series finished in HQ is that besides to support the manga/manhwa, there's no point to actually buy the books when they are released then, lol. LQs give ya a good touch to it, but they're definitely not perfect, and nowhere near as valuable as a good quality once it's all done.

I'm sorry people in the HQ stuff lose motivation at not having as high of a download rate, but anybody interested in keeping a full version DOES go through HQ stuff; at least from who i've talked to. We just sometimes download through means besides the main group, such as going to #Lurk on mIRC. They've got massive collections, and it makes it easy for people to find the stuff they're looking for. I always check there after i finish the chapters on onemanga or something is recommended that i can't find elsewhere. It's a great fall-back. But the main groups may not know their stuff is being hit/downloaded quite as much as it is. Or anywhere near as much as it truly is.

Immortal Regis is top 150 on OneManga.com, and all of it is MEEP scans. But the numbers from all those readers prolly don't show up on your website. Or anybody else that does HQ scans.

I can understand volunteer stuff requiring some sort of fulfillment, and it's a great service; but you're setting yourself up for disappointment by looking at numbers.

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Alan Smithee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Deadman wonderland is monthly the next chapter will be published in Japan on August the 26th and because it's a magazine with not many public series snoopycool scan in their own raws from the mag so it should take them a few days after that to get it out.

I use lurk a lot as do other people. I also know what you're saying about numbers but look at it like this. You release a chapter it gets 5000 downloads in the first 24 hours (made up number) this is inspite of all the online readers and people uploading their own mirrors and irc sites or torrents and whatever. A new lq speed group comes along and releases then next time you release your hq chapter it gets 200 downloads in the first 24 hours that means that 4800 downloaders plainly do not care about the quality you tried your best to achieve with your releases. It's hard for people to not lose heart over such a drop. Also, the high quality group will get less applications even when they ask for help to get out higher releases as people will not want to read a tutorial and work to get good enough to edit to hq level when they can just join the speed group download photoshop and go minimal skills and effort needed.

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Offtopic reminder: We have a thread to discuss the issue with multiple scanlations right here. If you want to drag this topic further, please do it there.

But this here is the Immortal Regis discussion thread, so please stay ontopic and discuss this nice manhwa. Keep the group fights out of it, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
    ...Umm, it's a complete series! Ended at volume 6. The chapters are not gonna go anywhere.
    The description at MU says "Note that the First 6 Volumes are just a Prelude of the real story : 심연의 카발리어." - do you know anything about this matter?
    http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=16177

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member miyavisoap's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

eni-san, immoral regis is something like prelude of immoral regis 2:심연의 카발리어.
    ive got NO idea how the translate that... haha....
    anyway no volumes are out yet because there are only 3 or 4 chapters currently.
    we probably have to wait a few months for a volume to come out =/

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Alan that's exactly what I'm saying. Like I said, meep is not the reason Immortal Regis is so popular, it just expanded it's audience. It doesn't matter who scans it, as long as it gets scanned. Do you look at NBC because you like sports, or do you look at sports because you like NBC. People like Immortal Regis because they like Immortal Regis, if meep stopped scanning it right now and another group picked it up most people aten't gonna care as long as they can read the Manhwa. In any case meep released chapter 29 not too long ago.....................yea.

And I know its a complete series, I meant that as a general statement. But somebody needs to start scanning this, the raws are there, I have some myself I just stopped looking at them cause it sucks not to be able to read it and not know when the scans will be out.

EDIT:
    The sequel is called Cavalier of the Abyss and there are currently 3 chapters out so IR was a prequel. I have high hopes for the new series...once i finish IR..........................whenever meep scans the rest.
    Last edited by defected_saint; September 15, 2008 at 09:11 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Turtle Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, i haven't been here in a while and I learned nothing new until these last 3 posts...

had no idea this was a prequel and that it was already finished and that there were already chapters out for the sequel. Kind of got me excited... except I can't start until i finish imortal regis...

I just had a thought, why dont the people doing Cavalier of the Abyss finish up immortal regis and then go back to CotA, or will this tick off meep?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dark-Knights's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Immortal Regis

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Pirate View Post
    I just had a thought, why dont the people doing Cavalier of the Abyss finish up immortal regis and then go back to CotA, or will this tick off meep?
    (MacKnight of Meep-Scans here).

Oh, it WILL tick us off...
    And many perhaps don't know this but, before i joined Meep, after IR ch4 was released.
    If I hadent joined Meep, and brought some speed on IR, it would still be on vol.2
    But now, Its on the end of vol.6, AND THAT IS THANKS TO ME AND NAT!
    And i don't think you wanna scan Meeps mangas... Bad things will happen..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Immortal Regis by Ga On-Bi & Juder

Just checked out COTA and it's pretty cool. Not sure why it's not in the manga database here. But will probably make time to read IR.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Scanlator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ~Karin~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Immortal Regis by Ga On-Bi & Juder

Oh my...all this whinning about who scans what and blah blah blah. Someone just scan the thing so we can all be happy. Hell If I had the time, I'd pick up the series myself. Actually....If any of you do have the rawsor knowledge of where i can find them, pm me. I'll be more then happy to do it.

//Back on topic

I'm liking this sequel. It's not very often a manga has a sequel and especially a decent one.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3