Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Seiyuu: Anime Voice Actors

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member endless_dream's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seiyuu: Anime Voice Actors

For female seiyuus, my favorites are:
    Minagawa Junko (Ryoma from PoT)
    Romi Paku (Edward Elric from FMA)
    Sanae Kobayashi (Allen Walker from DGM)
    Maaya Sakamoto (Haruhi from OHSHC and Ciel from Kuroshitsuji)

I liked the way Minagawa Junko says "Mada mada dane" and for Maaya Sakamoto, the way she voices for Ciel kind of surprised me because she usually voices female characters and this is the first time I've heard her voice for a male character...

For male seiyuus, my favourites are:
    Jun Fukuyama (Lelouche Lamperouge from Code Geass, Takishima Kei from S.A, Watanuki from xxxholic and Grell from Kuroshitsuji)
    Miyu Irino (Syaoran from TRC, Daisuke Namikawa from D.N angel and Haku from Spirited Away)
    Mamoru Miyano (Tamaki from OHSHC)

uhh...I'm don't really have a reason as to why are they my favorites and all of them are really talented seiyuus...so I just got attracted to the voices^^
    Last edited by endless_dream; December 14, 2008 at 04:15 AM.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here are some of my favorite seiyuu :

Ryōtarō Okiayu
    Bleach as Byakuya Kuchiki
    Clannad as Akio Furukawa

Why I like him? Mmm…because I like how he can portray a very serious and stoic character and also a hilarious, funny, cool dad and he does both successfully.

Maaya Sakamoto
    Arakawa under the bridge as Nino
    Ouran High School Host Club as Haruhi Fujioka

Why I like her? Her voice is girly, but not overly sweet or overly cute, which was the perfect voice for Nino and Haruhi IMHO.

Mamoru Miyano
    Death Note as Light Yagami
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood as Ling Yao
    Ouran High School Host Club as Tamaki Suou
    Skip Beat! as Shoutaro/Shou Fuwa
    Soul Eater as Death the Kid

Why I like him? I love his voice!! *swoons* He is a very talented seiyuu; he is able to transmit a variety of emotions through his voice, and he does it with ease and in a convincing manner.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is Sugita Tomokazu I always watch every anime he's part of. My favorite work of his is as Gintoki of course ^-^

I also like

Kazuhiko Inoue as Kakashi on Naruto

Toshiyuki Morikawa as Minato Namikaze on Naruto. Dante on Devil May Cry. Naraku on Inuyasha. Kimimaro also on Naruto. This guy has had an amzing career.

Hidekatsu Shibata as King Bradley on FMA

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jun Fukuyama

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion as Lelouch Lamperouge
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 as Lelouch Lamperouge
    The Legend of the Legendary Heroes as Ryner Lute

While I like him? While I was fond of Lelouch’s voice in Code Geass, it was TLOTLH that made me a fan of this great seiyuu. The reason why TLOTLH made a fan of Jun is because it showed me how versatile he could be.

He can play both a lazy, care-free, funny guy (Ryner) and a terrifying, strong and devilish man (Alpha Stigma) with such naturalness and ease. He is one of the reasons why I like Ryner so much!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Daisuke Ono and Yuu Kobayashi are my favorite male/female voice actor and actress respectively. They voice awesome characters and their voices are really....awesome I guess lol

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was a bit curious about your favorite seiyuus, CBlitz. So I decided to look for info about them and see if maybe they have participated in series I have watched and after reading the info I agree, Daisuke Ono is great. He is Gino’s seiyuu in Giant Killing and Sion’s in The Legend of the Legendary Heroes and he is fantastic in both of them. I like how he is able to play characters that are so different from each other and do it so well.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; August 19, 2010 at 09:14 PM.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by endless_dream View Post
    Miyu Irino (Syaoran from TRC, Daisuke Namikawa from D.N angel and Haku from Spirited Away)
    Doesn't mean to poke, but...LOL. You sure you didn't get anything confused there? Namikawa Daisuke is the name of another seiyuu, though. (I didn't watch D.N.Angel...-_-")

As of the seiyuus I like...well, I'm personally a seiyuu fangirl myself, so...Can't list exactly. My two most favorite for male and female respectively are Ishida Akira and Saiga Mitsuki. Other than that, I like a whole bunch of other seiyuus as well, mainly the male, like Hoshi Souichirou, Kamiya Hiroshi, Ono Daisuke, Fukuyama Jun, Sakurai Takahiro, Suzumura Kenichi, Toriumi Kousuke, Nakamura Yuuichi, Namikawa Daisuke, Miyano Mamoru, Yoshino Hiroyuki, Seki Tomokazu, Koyasu Takehito, Seki Toshihiko, etc. As of the female seiyuus, other than Saiga Mitsuki, I also like Paku Romi, Nakahara Mai and Inoue Marina. Can't remember the rest anymore...-_-"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Erza Scarlet's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Jun Fukuyama

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion as Lelouch Lamperouge
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 as Lelouch Lamperouge
    The Legend of the Legendary Heroes as Ryner Lute

While I like him? While I was fond of Lelouch’s voice in Code Geass, it was TLOTLH that made me a fan of this great seiyuu. The reason why TLOTLH made a fan of Jun is because it showed me how versatile he could be.

He can play both a lazy, care-free, funny guy (Ryner) and a terrifying, strong and devilish man (Alpha Stigma) with such naturalness and ease. He is one of the reasons why I like Ryner so much!
    He's my favourite seiyuu too, he really surprises me with his versatility, he changes his voice so easyly, Lelouch voice is so deep and serious, Aidou (vampire knight) is so soft and femenine, Grell (kuroshitsuji) is so gay xDDDD and the last character that he's dubbing is rikuo from nurarihyon no mago, he's amazing how he dubbed a childish voice for normal rikuo and then when rikuo is in yokai mode his voice is masculine, serious and really seductive.

A female Seiyuu a Like Sayaka Ohara, she's Erza Scarlet (fairy tail) and Milly Ashford (code geass) Seiyuu, Although she isn't so famous, I like her versatility.

Other Seiyuus:

Mamoru Miyano- Light (death note) Zero (vampire knight) Setsuna (Gundam 00)
    Aya Hirano- Konata (lucky Star) , Haruhi (suzumiya haruhi no yuutsu)
    Yuuichi Nakamura- Gray (Fairy Tail), Graham (Gundam 00) , Tomoya (clannad)
    Miyu Irino -zwei (Requiem for the phantom) , Saji (gundam 00), Colio (the book of bantorra)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another seiyuu I like very much is Kouki Uchiyama. He is Soul’s seiyuu in Soul Eater and Natsuno’s in Shiki. While I did like Soul’s voice when I watched Soul Eater, it was Natsuno’s voice that turned me into a fan of Kouki Uchiyama. There is coolness with a subtle hint of aloofness and sexiness in Natsuno’s voice that just made love Uchiyama’s voice in Shiki.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I admit I don't know a lot of seiyuus; however, the one I've become a huge fan of recently is Kamiya Hiroshi. He voiced Itoshiku Nozomu (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei) and Orihara Izaya (Durarara!!!). I also read a few of his interviews, and I've grown to love him as a person too!

He also sings as well. I love this song: My Diary.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Another seiyuu I like very much is Kouki Uchiyama. He is Soul’s seiyuu in Soul Eater and Natsuno’s in Shiki. While I did like Soul’s voice when I watched Soul Eater, it was Natsuno’s voice that turned me into a fan of Kouki Uchiyama. There is coolness with a subtle hint of aloofness and sexiness in Natsuno’s voice that just made love Uchiyama’s voice in Shiki.
    He's also voiced the main character Banagher in Gundam Unicorn. He has a rather distinctive voice and he's pretty new. I am sure he will go far. I'm looking forward to more roles from him

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I admit I don't know a lot of seiyuus; however, the one I've become a huge fan of recently is Kamiya Hiroshi. He voiced Itoshiku Nozomu (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei) and Orihara Izaya (Durarara!!!). I also read a few of his interviews, and I've grown to love him as a person too!

He also sings as well. I love this song: My Diary.
    I love Kamiya Hiroshi too Initially I didn't know who he was but suddenly I started watching a whole slate of shows with him in it and his voice is just so distinctive. His voice is one I will almost always be able to recognise immediately. I love his serious voice as Tieria in Gundam 00, his crazy lunatic voice in DRRR!!, and he puts a lot of emotion (especially in the final episode) into Otonashi Yuzuru in Angel Beats!.

Apart from these, my favourite seiyuu are
    Miyano Mamoru
    He has a great range and varying pitch/tone for his voice. There's his bored-sounding/serious/emotionless voice as Setsuna in Gundam 00, and there's his laid-back, refreshing voice as Tamaki in Ouran and Takuto in Star Driver, plus so much more. He's awesome!

Fukuyama Jun
    Another one with an amazing range. When I watched Macross Frontier, for example, I refused to believe that the kiddy-sounding high-pitched voice of Luca was the same voice as the deep, sexy, commandeering voice of Lelouch in Code Geass. He also voices Rikuo in Nurarihyon no Mago and it's really impressive when he switches fluidly back and forth between day and night Rikuo voices when the two Rikuo are "conversing".

Fujiwara Kenji
    He makes an awesome crazy villain. He made characters like Ali-al-sachez in Gundam 00, crazy Ladd Russo in Baccano!and the crazy policeman biker in Durarara!! awesome. He also voices a sane (?) person in FMA - Maes Hughes.

Tomatsu Haruka
    I've recently become quite interested in her after hearing her voice 3 very different characters - cocky stalker Megumi in Shiki, cheerful Mileina in Gundam 00 and quiet, repressed Sakana-chan/North Maiden in Star Driver. Then there's also her awesome song, Monochrome, which was used as an insert song for Star Driver. It made all battles awesome.

Konishi Katsuyuki
    He has a very gar and manly voice. The kind of voice that will get you really hyped up. He plays Kamina in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Ozma Lee in Macross Frontier, Komui Lee in D.Gray-Man and also will do Oga Tastumi in the upcoming Beelzebub anime.

Yoshino Hiroyuki
    This guy has a pretty special place in my heart because my first ever mecha anime back when I was like 8 or 9 was Vandread, and he played the main character Hibiki. Many years later, he also played one of the main characters in one of my more recent mecha anime - Gundam 00 where he plays Allelujah. He is also great as Firo in Baccano! and also as Kimblee in FMA. Another very distinctive voice.

Other Seiyuu that I really like: Romi Paku (Ed in FMA, Hitsugaya in Bleach), Kugimiya Rie (Al in FMA), Takagaki Ayahi (Ferris Erris in LOL heroes, Feldt Grace in Gundam 00), Abe Atsushi (Saikou in Bakuman, Touma in To Aru Majutsu no Index), Miki Shinichirou (Lockon in Gundam 00, Roy Mustang in FMA, Urahara in Bleach)...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    I love Kamiya Hiroshi too Initially I didn't know who he was but suddenly I started watching a whole slate of shows with him in it and his voice is just so distinctive. His voice is one I will almost always be able to recognise immediately. I love his serious voice as Tieria in Gundam 00, his crazy lunatic voice in DRRR!!, and he puts a lot of emotion (especially in the final episode) into Otonashi Yuzuru in Angel Beats!.
    Another fan! Even though his characters are quite different from each other, he gives his personal touch to each one so it's fascinating to hear him act. I'm keeping a track of his career because he has a lot of potential. Perhaps I'll watch his other works such as Gundam 00 and Angel Beats! that you listed. :3

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member feisu-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of seiyuu! I admire how they bring these characters to life, and how they can modulate their voices to suit various characters!

Top Male Seiyuu:

Tomozaku Sugita - Sakata Gintoki (Gintama), Hideki (Chobits), Kyon (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu), Zen (Nurarihyon no Mago) and Keisuke (Togainu no Chi)! He's just as funny as Gintoki and Kyon in real life, and his voice acting on Keisuke was really far from the voice he had done with Gin, et al, since he was too soft in that anime, and he earned great points on that because he showed me a different side of Sugita voice!

Sugiyama Noriaki - because he's great as Sasuke, and how he said "Sakura..." during the Chuunin Forest of Death arc made me melt. And he's really funny as England in Hetalia! He's the voice I can recognize anywhere! I fangirled when i heard him at Fate (PSP).

Jun Fukuyama (Watanuki in xxxHolic, Rikuo in Nurarihyon and Rin in Togainu no Chi)
    Namikawa Daisuke (Fye in TRC, Ulquiorra in BLEACH and Italy in Hetalia)

Female Seiyuu:
    Takeuchi Junko - Because I was awed when I learned she, a female, voiced Naruto! I was simply amazed at how she keeps her voice intact! XD

Kugimiya Rei - Aisaka Taiga (Tora Dora), Al (FMA), Kagura (Gintama) TSUNDERE SEIYUU ROCKS!!!

Hirano Aya - I just love how she voiced Suzumiya Haruhi!

Hikasa Yoko - Who didn't fall in love with Mio's (K-ON) voice?!

Paku Romi - Hitsugaya and Temari is heaven!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner crimsonprincess's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Seiyuu are love! It is amazing how big they are in Japan. Perhaps it is because anime is mainstream in the country.

Miki Shinichiro - But of course! The voice of Urahara Kisuke (Bleach) and Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist). How do you resist that? Add Takumi Fujiwara (Initial D) to the list. I love how he keeps the characters idiotic and intelligent at the same time, plus sly and sexy too. He's my top. He voiced my top 2 favorite characters anyway.

Romi Paku - Edward Elric (FMA), Temari (Naruto) and Hitsugaya Toushirou (Bleach). Bad temper is the name of her characters' games. Or the annoyance of being called short. Just kidding. I definitely love the arrogance and stubbornness of her voice!

Minagawa Junko - "Made made dane" I'm no Ryoma Echizen (Prince of Tennis) fangirl, but when Junko says that line...

Sugita Tomokazu - Sakata Gintoki (Gintama) plus Kyon (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu), that so manly voice doing all those stupid things

Kazuhiko Inoue - The ever smexy Hatake Kakashi (Naruto). Just that is statement enough.

Yuichi Nakamura - The voice of Greed (FMA) and Gray (Fairy Tail). And Sugita's good friend. Hahahaha! Oh yes!
    Last edited by crimsonprincess; January 12, 2011 at 01:35 AM.

My Anime Blog: Silent Wish
    My Fanfiction: chemiskorpion0002

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonprincess View Post
    Miki Shinichiro - But of course! The voice of Urahara Kisuke (Bleach) and Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist). How do you resist that? Add Takumi Fujiwara (Initial D) to the list. I love how he keeps the characters idiotic and intelligent at the same time, plus sly and sexy too. He's my top. He voiced my top 2 favorite characters anyway.
    Miki is among one of my favorites. I totally agree how you put it.

I always find Masakazu Morita's voice energetic. Ichigo (Bleach) and Maeda Keiji (Sengoku Basara) roles suited him well.

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast