Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Seiyuu: Anime Voice Actors

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seiyuu: Anime Voice Actors

When Jun-jun voiced Grell, I felt like puking, you know... Since well.. His voice is kinda too... disgusting for me. Especially when he posed that "Death" pose... O_O
    But that means that he's really good. When he voiced Yukio in Ao no Exorcist he sounds really normal. I didn't even realize it's his voice at first.
    Yeah, I know it is common, but Jun-jun always smiles cutely when he greets his fans. >.<

Yeah, I know that event when Kamiya voiced boy's and girl's voice at the same time. Gee~ I was laughing so hard back then. Even until now I still like to quote the neko's cry: "nyaa~ teehee~" XD
    At first I just couldn't believe it. In Starry Sky when he voiced Miyaji he sounded so manly and cool. Then I watched the event. His voice is believable as a girl's. Wow. Just... wow.

Takky was born in Dusseldorf, if I remember correctly? Pervert Prince? o_O I'm getting curious here. He's quite handsome in my opinion. XD I only hear his voice in Fairy Tail as Natsu. I don't know how he voices other types of characters.

I sometimes call seiyuus by their nicknames, like Jun-jun for Fukuyama Jun. But mostly I call them by their real name.
    Ah, you like Ishida-san too? I love him too. His voice is quite unique. I always wanted to hear his voice when I watched Pandora Hearts or Juuni Kokki.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, guess because I'm a weird one. I love it when male seiyuu does girly voice (or okama voice sometimes), partly because they only do it on rare occasions (for most of them). It kinda gives another dimension to their performance skill and voice, so...hate to say, Grell becomes my favorite character in Kuroshitsuji thanks to Junjun. Sebas is second thanks to OnoD and his weirdness during Kuroshitsuji event.

HiroC's voice is pretty high after all. I've never seen him doing the voice lower than the level he did for Miyaji, but I have to admit, it's probably more like I don't know the role with him doing such low voice before (well, taken that I only know one role which Hoshi made his voice very low I can't even recognize him at first despite of him being my second most favorite and I've watched quite a lot of animes that feature him already. Hoshi has that high pitch voice as well, IMO, even higher than HiroC... ._.") His "Nyan~ Tehe" was really funny, though I love how he say "You know what? If you buy the DVD, I'll do that cat cry again" when the fans ask him to say that "Nyan" again. I lol'd. Love the reaction of everyone on stage to that one, especially Mamo, Seki-san, Kakky and Waccha.

I only remembered that Kakky was born in Germany and live there for many years (don't remember how many already), and that he actually knew 7 languages (though he said he only uses 3 right now; Japanese, English and German). That "pervert prince" thing was actually mentioned in that same event with HiroC's "Nyan, tehe" btw, during the free talk corner. Mamo was asking around of what people on stage things for the White Day, and when he asked Kakky, some fans start shouting out "Prince~" at him, which Kakky immediately answer with "Don't you call me that." Then he explained to the cast team "Well, I just learned from Wikipedia that the fans have been calling me "Pervert Prince"..." which made everyone go lol'd (Paku-nee's reaction is hilarious. She almost falls off her chair at that...XD ) Iirc, that roots from Guren Lagann radio though, so I bet he must've done something to Inoue-san, probably unintentionally, to earn himself that title in the radio. I don't have time to listen to that many radios anymore (I only listen to the ones I think might be funny and the ones Ishida-san and Hoshi are featured together...I'd prefer starting listening to DGS radio rather than Guren Lagann as well...since I heard a lot about it, and even listen to bits and pieces of it before, and it sounds fun... ._.")

Well, he voices Amaimon in AoE as well though...I've seen a few animes and games with him on, and most of them are around the same tone as Natsu though...just calmer on most part. .-.

Ishida-san is my number one favorite seiyuu. Hoshi is second. Suzu is third. And a long tie with around 20-25 other male seiyuus following them. Though I can say that Ishida-san and Hoshi tie for my first place, since I love both of them too much. Too bad neither of them come out in public as often anymore. Ishida-san is the type who doesn't really want to mix in with people too much to begin with, so I can understand. Hoshi doesn't seem so well lately as well. Hope it's just him being bored (I wish it has nothing to do with his hometown's current crisis...even though he said his family lives far from the nuclear power plant... ._."). He was a whole lot more energetic back during Saiyuki and GS/GSD age...

I like Ishida-san's voice, partly because he's one of the few seiyuus with the "rainbow voice". He's way too good at adjusting his voice, though his tone in anime mostly seems on the same level (except for Katsura and one of his role in Sailormoon at least. I only know that he voices female character in Sailormoon though. As for Katsura...he did demonstrate the rainbow voice from times to times. Sunrise just loves fooling around with seiyuu, especially in Gintama, since they do it inside the anime as well, not just drama CD (Gintama drama CD is far more hilarious for seiyuu fans though. I still can't believe it that they can even get Nakai-san to do the girly voice...have to say, gross, though...lol)) There's this one drama CD which he solo the entire family of seven all by himself. Another one, I've seen him doing news broadcast with four roles by himself. I really like listening to Break as well, since he's a little funny in the mad way. I can talk about him forever, tbh.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah. It's too bad that I'm not good with Japanese and I only watched only a part of the event so I don't really know what happened except for Mamoru and Kamiya talked in a girly way and Kamiya voiced boy's and girl's voice. Even when I watched it I could only understand bits and pieces here and there so I couldn't really understand when suddenly they laughed or things like that. Where did you watch the full event, if I may ask?

Recently I watch AoE and I have heard Kakky's voice as Amaimon. Yeah, there are times when I can recognize "Natsu's voice" though his tone is not as energetic as Natsu's. (not energetic at all, actually) And I'm watching Kaichou wa Maid-sama too where Kakky's voicing a minor character but so far I haven't seen the character.

Yeah, Ishida-san doesn't show up much lately.
    It feels like now the new generation of seiyuus is taking the spotlight. More and more new seiyuus appear and get famous while the old ones... Well, some still stays, but the others... I haven't heard any news of them lately.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Another seiyuu I've become a fan of lately is Morikawa Toshiyuki who's famous for his role as Naraku and Sepiroth. I'm most fond of his Tyki voice since that's the role I was introduced to. Early this year, he started his own seiyuu agency called AXLONE with Fukuyama Jun. Here's a voice sample. You're welcome.

Saiga Mitsuki is very good at voicing guys to the point where some viewers (myself included) thought those characters actually were voiced by a male seiyuu. Her androgynous appearance is also popular with girls. Together with Morikubo Shotaro, she was on the TV show "Oha Suta" as Prinz Saiger.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Saiga Mitsuki is very good at voicing guys to the point where some viewers (myself included) thought those characters actually were voiced by a male seiyuu. Her androgynous appearance is also popular with girls. Together with Morikubo Shotaro, she was on the TV show "Oha Suta" as Prinz Saiger.
    ...Tbh, even some seiyuus have mistaken Saiga-san for being a male seiyuu before, like Kamiya Hiroshi, Sakurai Takahiro, and more. Just saying since not only the viewers mistaken her for being male, even her own colleagues thought she's male...In fact, her appearance and action makes her look more and more like a man rather than a woman lately... ._."

...Though guess that's why she's my favorite female seiyuu. >_<"

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    ...Tbh, even some seiyuus have mistaken Saiga-san for being a male seiyuu before, like Kamiya Hiroshi, Sakurai Takahiro, and more. Just saying since not only the viewers mistaken her for being male, even her own colleagues thought she's male...In fact, her appearance and action makes her look more and more like a man rather than a woman lately... ._."

...Though guess that's why she's my favorite female seiyuu. >_<"
    Really? I never knew that even her own colleagues have mistaken her for a guy. You get voice actors (Americans mostly) who have a wide range of voices, but you could tell that it's a "made up" one. Saiga Mitsuki's voice range is not only varied but natural-sounding.

She also seems wonderful as a person from interviews I've seen of her.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Late to the club, but I have a HUGE crush on Sakurai Takahiro at the moment. My mind was blown when I found out he was a Digimon.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Late to the club, but I have a HUGE crush on Sakurai Takahiro at the moment. My mind was blown when I found out he was a Digimon.
    ...More like...he was 2 Digimons...Tentomon (and of course, all its evolution) in the first and second Digimon series, and Dorulumon in Xros Wars. I love his Tentomon though...Just have to love how he can adapt his voice that much plus the Kansai-ben...One of the real mind blower...
    Last edited by Ju-da-su; October 01, 2011 at 09:46 AM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I thought that his Kansai-ben wasn't that authentic sounding, but it was still incredible how he has a wide range of characters. I'm also impressed by how he managed to stay popular despite all the troubles he's been through. (Quitting BL and singing, and that plagiarism thing a while ago.)

Also, he looks and seems younger than his age; that's why I don't feel weird fawning over this 37 year old.

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I thought that his Kansai-ben wasn't that authentic sounding, but it was still incredible how he has a wide range of characters. I'm also impressed by how he managed to stay popular despite all the troubles he's been through. (Quitting BL and singing, and that plagiarism thing a while ago.)

Also, he looks and seems younger than his age; that's why I don't feel weird fawning over this 37 year old.
    Some consider Aichi prefecture, where he is from, being a part of Kansai, but Aichi has its own strong dialect. I will pay more attention to Kubinashi character in Nurarihyon no mago (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan) next time I watch the anime.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Got to admit, his range is very wide indeed...I've seen compilation of his range before, and tbh, I like it...Too bad it kinda got narrow down to quiet-serious type lately. >_<"

I don't think quitting BL or singing have any impact on his popularity at all though. After all, he voiced Cloud in FFVII (though I don't think FFVII is that famous in Japan though...-_-") and is the second seiyuu to ever walk on the red carpet. He provide voices for many other characters in well-known anime and games. I just knew that he was once criticized for plagarism though. *add something new about seiyuu's stuff* (though after reading, somehow, I think I pity Suzu with his case on the GSD fans things more than this...partly because his plagarism case was something he did himself, while Suzu's one is more like he was forced into it...but again, not like it'll affect my liking for Saku...Still loves his voice...>_<")

BTW, I think most seiyuus actually seem younger than their looks. In fact, I can't even guess the ages of most of them (if I don't know it already)...I mean, I do fangirl very openly over a 44-years old seiyuu and I never feel weird about it. (He's cute...Can't help it...XP)

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Daisuke Ono
    I love that man’s voice; it is so manly~
    I really like how he can portray both the tough side and the sweet/gentle side of a man.

His voice is one of the reasons why I like the OP song of Brave 10 so much, because "Seirei Hirai" is my favorite anison atm.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

As I'm currently obsessed with Gintama...I think I'm starting to like Sugita more and more now. I initially already like him, but I think I'm starting to like him more now, all thanks to Gin-san. One thing I love about Gintama anime is the fact that it's a showplace for seiyuus to show their skills...since pretty much anything can happen in it (I got to admit, I still lol'd when Sugita went "In 3D, you're just Sakaguchi Daisuke" in last week's episode...was totally caught off-guard, since I never thought I'll actually hear a seiyuu name in any of the anime episodes ever...>.>") I got to admit, his acting is awesome...>_<"

But again, in term of acting, I do respect all frequent seiyuus of Gintama. The cast was more than the word awesome can describe, IMO, and the seiyuus are all just so skillful in it.

Spoiler show

PS. Placed in spoiler, since it's about the seiyuus themselves, nothing to their roles...so I don't know if anyone actually will read it here. ._."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like :
    1. Jun Fukuyama ( watanuki~ XXXHolic, lelouch~ Code geas)
    2. Aya hirano
    3. Rie Tanaka
    4. Aki Toyosaki ( Yui ~ K-On)
    5. Yoko Hikasa ( Mio ~ K-On)

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Ju-da-su: Sugita is awesome!! He is an amazing seiyuu I agree. If you want to hear more of Sugita’s awesomeness then I recommend you giving “Daily lives of High School boys” a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Kireia View Post
    I really like :
    1. Jun Fukuyama ( watanuki~ XXXHolic, lelouch~ Code geas)
    I love his voice!!! He’s one of my favorite seiyuu as well. I’m listening to one of his songs atm in fact. He is a very versatile voice actor and knowing he is going to be part of an anime is enough reason to motivate me to watch that series.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast