Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Seiyuu: Anime Voice Actors

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seiyuu: Anime Voice Actors

The only thing I don't like about Miki is that he sounds the same (or almost the same) in most of his roles Urahara sounds like Mustang who sounds like Lockon. While that is not a bad thing per se, I hold much more respect for those voice actors who can manipulate their voices so well, you can hear them in one anime, and go "NO WAY, that can't be ____ from _____!!" Seiyuu such as Fukuyama Jun, for example, simply amaze me with their range. Huuuuge contrast between Luca in Macross Frontier and Lelouch in Code Geass. Here's a video with some of his roles and different voices

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I do agree Sally. That's why I only referred those roles, who are befitting for his voice. I don't think his voice, for the time being, is diversified enough to suite different characters. One more thing, IMHO his voice is better for younger characters. You can say it wont fit as good on a mature (age in comparison) character, as it does on someone like Ichigo.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

More like, he can work the range out (any seiyuus can), but most of his characters just come out like that. I've heard MikiShin with girly (extremely high pitch) voice before, but in a seiyuu event. TBH, I don't know as much about MikiShin, since I don't follow him as much as some of the other seiyuus I follow.

I find it funny how people like the seiyuu due to the range they did in different animes, but no one mentions about seiyuu who can change his range within split second (aka, those who did two or more roles simultaneously in the same episode or CD or have to change their voice back and forth to somehow fit in with the character). Guess it's because those are pretty rare in animes and games (2 isn't that hard to find...but well, I have one scene where my favorite seiyuu does 3 different tones within less than 5 minutes in an anime, and up to 7 in 5 minutes if drama CD counts...:S )

...Junjun is indeed wonderful with his great contrast thanks to Lelouch, but...I think he's still no match for Koyasu. Try any Gundam anime with him on it (like Wing, Seed, Seed Destiny)...in fact, try any anime you know that he's in (since most of his roles fall here anyway...with tiny variation), then try either Soul Eater (Excalibur) or Bleach (Pesche). Koyasu IMO is still no match with Ishida-san when it comes to range though...-.-"
    Last edited by Ju-da-su; January 14, 2011 at 09:06 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member feisu-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to add that I now love Daisuke Ono!

I hated Koizumi from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, so I also hated Daisuke as a seiyuu... his voice has that mysterious effect that makes you distrustful of the character!

But now, I found out that he voiced Natsume from Beelzebub, and he was everything I have ever imagined! Not to mention that he voiced Sebastian?! Oh god! Daisuke Ono sure knows how to put an atmosphere around the character!

[but i still hate you, Koizumi!!!]

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if it's Ok to ask...but...is there any real "seiyuu fangirl" here? Just curious. By real "seiyuu fangirl", I mean people who actually like the seiyuus for who they are, not just for their voice. For example, I like...

Ishida Akira and Hoshi Souichirou: They are two different seiyuu, yes, but I always prefer seeing them together. They're my two favorites. Apart from their voices (Ishida-san's acting and voice are especially amazing...have to say it...He can voice an entire family of seven, and does sound like one...even mom, sis and granny...>_>"), I like both of them as two people (in pair).

I like Ishida-san...for being Ishida-san. In fact, he shares the same birthday as me, so I really grows especially for him (he's my number 1 if I were to only choose one just because of that...Otherwise, I'd take both of them, Hoshi and Ishida-san together are always better). He's usually well composed, often seem as calm and always serious with things, but can get real "crazy" at time (especially when he's with other seiyuus he's familiar with, like Hoshi). By crazy, I mean, for example, squeaking his voice and adding "-nyo" behind every sentences he said (and those sentences really are just random stuff that has completely very little to nothing to do with the talk...>_>") As for his characters, he voiced Katsura in Gintama, Athrun in GS/D, Tamazuki in Nura, Hanbei in Basara, Reiga in Uraboku, Reid Hershel in Tales of Eternia, etc.

I like Hoshi for many reasons, in fact, more reasons than Ishida-san (because Ishida-san doesn't stand out that much, tbh, but I still like him a lot). He's a funny guy, very funny. He usually stumbles with his things and often seem stand out as a random one (eg. in one of the radio, where he's with Suzumura Kenichi, there's this one mail from the listener asking where will they go if they have that door that can take you anywhere from Doraemon. Then Hoshi goes like "Well, I do like that door, but I prefer getting the Doraemon's bag..." then actually stick with that, while Suzu tries to get him back into the question. Once he got back, he said he want to travel outside the country. When Suzu ask him WHERE outside the country, he stumbled at first then said he wants to go to Brazil, just because it's the furthest country from Japan...then go on saying that he wants to go to some resorts...then end everything with Okinawa (Japan...)), making him one of the clowns among the seiyuus. Also, Hoshi's probably the most famous seiyuu when it comes to alcohol, since he's the one with most drunk stories as told among the seiyuus. Most of the time, he becomes all aroused when he's drunk...in the...umm...don't know how to explain it. Some of the one I've heard of is he confess his love to Morikawa Toshiyuki in the taxi, phone Seki Tomokazu if he can "tackle" him at any time, those kind of things...and actually will forget everything happening within that day the next day. I personally find that funny. As of his characters, he voiced Kira in GS/D, Keele Zeibel in Tales of Eternia, Son Goku in Saiyuki, Yuki in Uraboku, Mezumaru in Nura and Yukimura in Basara, etc. >_<"

When they are together, I already said that Ishida-san got crazy often when he's around with Hoshi, but as for Hoshi...he usually...well...show his love for Ishida-san(?)...I mean, he invited Ishida-san to his hometown once, actually dominate Ishida-san as his sister's broom once, usually say he likes Ishida-san's characters, and such. Nevertheless it's always funny seeing them together, in anime, in drama CD, in games as well as in events and radios. >_<"

...I ramble too much about my two favorites...SORRY~ >_<"

Either way...Actually want to ramble more about the other seiyuus as well, but...guess it'd be a bit too much if I ramble about all the seiyuus I like. Just to list it though, for male, I also like Junjun, HiroC, OnoD, Suzu, Saku, Tori-san, Chi-ichi, Koyasu, MikiShin, Mamo, Yocchin, Konitan, Yukyan, Morimori, Nakai, Sugita, Kakky, Morita, Okky, Midorikawa, Namikawa, Wakamoto, Seki-san, etc. For female, Saiga-san, Paku-nee, etc. >__<"

...OK, I'll shut up now... ._."

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've recently grown an appreciation towards Toriumi Kousuke. I watched Hakuouki and Togainu no Chi without realizing he was in it. It also surprised me that he was the voice of a few WSJ characters: Kiba (Naruto), Jun (Neuro) and Kurotabou (Nurarihyon no Mago). I love his sultry voice and hope to see him in more roles.

A female VA I like is Minaguchi Yuko who is famous for voicing Sailor Saturn. Her soft voice is pleasant to listen to. :3

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member feisu-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I stumbled upon a fact that Ishida Akira was in an H-series; apparently my assumption that popular seiyuu were/are in H series/OVA, maybe as a sideline or before they got big, is true. Well, I've also learned that a lot of them are in at least one H-series! Examples? Horie Yui, Jun Fukuyama and Sugiyama Noriaki...

Imagine my surprise about Nontan!

Oh well, just sharing. Maybe they got paid big in those series; but before i even imagine how their voice could sound like in an H-anime, let's just say that they're professional enough to do it, and maybe amazing how they can modulate their voice. But then again, I think we could still recognize their voice anywhere, right? Haha! Ok, i'll just stop here!

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

So recently I started to watch AnoHana and I just can't get over how cute Kayano Ai's voice is

http://myanimelist.net/people/10765/Ai_Kayano

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feisu-chan View Post
    Ok, so I stumbled upon a fact that Ishida Akira was in an H-series; apparently my assumption that popular seiyuu were/are in H series/OVA, maybe as a sideline or before they got big, is true. Well, I've also learned that a lot of them are in at least one H-series! Examples? Horie Yui, Jun Fukuyama and Sugiyama Noriaki...

Imagine my surprise about Nontan!

Oh well, just sharing. Maybe they got paid big in those series; but before i even imagine how their voice could sound like in an H-anime, let's just say that they're professional enough to do it, and maybe amazing how they can modulate their voice. But then again, I think we could still recognize their voice anywhere, right? Haha! Ok, i'll just stop here!
    I never watch any H-series/OVA (since those are not my type. I do prefer Shounen-Ai by far, and I'm pretty much convinced that Shounen-Ai anime mostly tend to get good cast teams, probably because most people who watch Shounen-Ai are seiyuu fans, so then tend to get big names in those kind of anime...though speaking of it, I do think Shounen-Ai does have lots of H-scenes as well...as well as lots of drama CDs...lol)

Ishida-san is known for his godly skill in manipulating his voice, so I'm not totally surprised. He can solo-voice the whole big family (grandpa, grandma, dad, mom, 2 brother, 1 sister) and can quickly shift to any of them quickly all by himself, so I don't see why he can't put on his sexy voice in H-anime, really. .-.

I'm not exactly a big fan of Nontan, but I know where I can find his sexy, H-ish voice anyway (there's this corner in Naruto's radio that have the seiyuu use that transforming skill Naruto used to make him into a pretty, naked girl, and know what? Those seiyuus got insanely sexy when they do that, so I do know where to find the H-voice of most of Naruto's seiyuus... )

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Erza Scarlet's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feisu-chan View Post
    Really!? what character voiced Jun Fukuyama in a H anime? I wanna see that xD, he always performances serious characters, doing a hentai character is kinda funny xD

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Iceland
    Post Thanks / Like

Male seiyuu : Jun Fukuyama, Mamoru Miyano, Morita Masakazu
    Female seiyuu : Romi Paku, Rie Kugimiya, Fumiko Orikasa

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

...I actually was unsure for two days whether I should post this here, but guess I'll just post it, and if no one cares, no one cares. ._."

The veteran female seiyuu, Kawakami Tomoko, just passed away last week from ovarian cancer while she's only 40 something (Wiki said 41. Production Baobub, the agency she was with, said 45, so I wasn't really sure... ._.") I "think" people who watch Bleach might know her, since she provided the voice of Soi Fon before they have Houko Kawashima replaced her after she had to be admitted into the hospital ever since 2008. She also provided the voices of many other characters, and I'm pretty sure people will recognize some of her roles if you take a look at her works, since I have to say, she's kinda well-known for many of her works.

While I'm not exactly a big fan of female seiyuus in general (I'm crazy about the male seiyuus though...>_>"), I knew quite a lot of Kawakami-san's works as well, and in fact, I've watched live events with her before, so I do have some idea of who she was like normally. She was a very cheerful woman, indeed. Enjoyable and lovable. Even though I'm not exactly her hardcore fan or anything, I have to say, I was shocked to hear that she passed away. I do noticed that she probably had been through some hardship these past year, as I noticed that she no longer voice the character in one of the game series I played. They have someone else to replace her, which normally will only happen when the usual seiyuu takes some kind of temporary leave, usually due to sickness or accident (not often though, especially accident. The only one who I've ever known to take leave ever, excluding Kawakami-san, was Kamiya Hiroshi, and his one was only 2 months long, from car accident...was miraculous already though, of how he recovered in 2 months from that critical point of life and death... ._.") One thing I was really impressed with Kawakami-san was that I heard that she still does some voice acting even in time of her sickness. One of the directors said he was talking to her just a month or so ago about one of the anime and Kawakami-san said she would like to be part of it. That really shows how dedicated she was...Such a great woman, so sad to have lost her at such a young age.

RIP to such a wonderful woman, Kawakami Tomoko. May you now rest in peace after your long suffering.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Juda, I heard that news and was struck but she fought a long and a good battle.
    She's really dedicated, esp with all her previous roles.
    Rest in peace.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Lately I stumbled upon Kenichi Suzumura's voice everywhere. o_O

I love Jun-jun though. He's really talented and he's not afraid of voicing different types of characters. I think he loves challenges. He's also a great seiyuu for his fans. In one of Kuroshitsuji seiyuu events, he kindly replied to his fans' shouting. XD
    I recently has come to love Hiroshi Kamiya too.
    Anyone knows Tetsuya Kakihara?

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Lately I stumbled upon Kenichi Suzumura's voice everywhere. o_O

I love Jun-jun though. He's really talented and he's not afraid of voicing different types of characters. I think he loves challenges. He's also a great seiyuu for his fans. In one of Kuroshitsuji seiyuu events, he kindly replied to his fans' shouting. XD
    I recently has come to love Hiroshi Kamiya too.
    Anyone knows Tetsuya Kakihara?
    In one of Kuroshitsuji event, Junjun's play gets so insane I lol'd way too much (the one where Grell dreamed of everyone coming to him at Valentine's Day and that he suddenly got pregnant after everyone shout out "I love you". lol) Despite of the fact that I still think the diversity of Junjun's voice roles are still small in comparison to other seiyuus I know, (At least I've never seen him done girl's voice before...Even though it's not easy to find male seiyuu who can do natural girl voice (except those with naturally high pitch voice, like HiroC and Hoshi. Their girly voices are just so cute...>_<") without going into watching live events, listening to radios and drama CD and the likes. Grell is...homosexual(?) but he's not a girl though... ._.") I also like his voice too.

Don't know why though, but I think seiyuus replying to their fan's calls are very common in events, so Junjun isn't the only one doing it. Ever seen HiroC doing double-role live casting on stage as one male character and one female character all by himself (He even do the cat's cry...>w< ) due to fans shouting to him that they want him to live cast a two characters 4koma scene all by himself? (He was really cute though...but I like HiroC's girly voice...>_<")

Why, yes. Kakky is a very unique seiyuu...the fact that his nationality isn't Japanese (I know he isn't the only one, but I think he's the only one that's really well-known...Partly because even though Paku-nee has Korean blood in her, she's still born in Japan, so her nationality is Japan...can't think of anyone else though), and how he's very good with other languages other than Japanese as well. I think I came across him more during this year as well...as the main roles mostly...though I've only seen him at live event only once and never listened to any of the radio on him. (One event is enough though...enough for me to know that he read JP Wikipedia page of himself and know that fans call him "The Pervert Prince"...thanks to Guren Lagann Radio (I never listen to it, but I too am curious of what the heck did he do to Inoue-san to earn him that title though... ._.")...The second seiyuu who I've ever known to have claimed to know what fans refer to him as...>_>")

PS. Don't know if it's even OK for me to use their alias...I usually call seiyuus by alias unless I don't like it (like A-san for Ishida-san...I'm his hardcore fan but I can't understand where that came from...not to mention, it sounds weird...>_<")
    Last edited by Ju-da-su; June 18, 2011 at 02:09 PM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast