Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Seiyuu: Anime Voice Actors

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seiyuu: Anime Voice Actors

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    @ Ju-da-su: Sugita is awesome!! He is an amazing seiyuu I agree. If you want to hear more of Sugita’s awesomeness then I recommend you giving “Daily lives of High School boys” a try.
    ...Oh~ That one got quite an awesome casting though; with Suzu, Miyu, Sugita, Ishida-san and nmkw. I'll check it out when I have time then~ X3

Thanky~ X3

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now I'm in love with Atsushi Kousaka's voice!
    He voiced Prussia and Estonia in Hetalia... Even though as Prussia, his voice can be described as loud and annoying (because Prussia is loud and annoying) but somehow I really love it!
    There's also Sasanuma Akita who voiced Austria.. and I can't stop listening to his aristocratic voice saying "obaka-san!"

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for the late reply mikkih and Ju-da-su! Better late than never?

Quote Originally Posted by mikkih View Post
    Some consider Aichi prefecture, where he is from, being a part of Kansai, but Aichi has its own strong dialect. I will pay more attention to Kubinashi character in Nurarihyon no mago (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan) next time I watch the anime.
    It's interesting how Aichi is closer to the Kansai region, but it's quite easy for them to speak Hyojungo. I noticed while watching interviews of figure skaters from that area (Mao Asada, Miki Ando, Takahiko Kozuka etc.)

Acting schools sometimes have classes on how to speak a different accent/dialect. I wonder if seiyuu schools have something similar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    Got to admit, his range is very wide indeed...I've seen compilation of his range before, and tbh, I like it...Too bad it kinda got narrow down to quiet-serious type lately. >_<"
    Yeah, I hope he'll explore a wide range of roles again. He's very talented, and I'm sure he can adapt to variety of characters.

Quote Quote:
    I don't think quitting BL or singing have any impact on his popularity at all though. After all, he voiced Cloud in FFVII (though I don't think FFVII is that famous in Japan though...-_-") and is the second seiyuu to ever walk on the red carpet. He provide voices for many other characters in well-known anime and games. I just knew that he was once criticized for plagarism though. *add something new about seiyuu's stuff* (though after reading, somehow, I think I pity Suzu with his case on the GSD fans things more than this...partly because his plagarism case was something he did himself, while Suzu's one is more like he was forced into it...but again, not like it'll affect my liking for Saku...Still loves his voice...>_<")
    I'm glad to hear read that the conflicts he has had didn't affect his popularity. He's still one of the prolific seiyuus in the industry so it's good that he's still just as successful.

Some fans can be vicious and cruel though. There was backlash when Miyano Mamoru announced his marriage, but it didn't seem to affect him professionally.

Quote Quote:
    BTW, I think most seiyuus actually seem younger than their looks. In fact, I can't even guess the ages of most of them (if I don't know it already)...I mean, I do fangirl very openly over a 44-years old seiyuu and I never feel weird about it. (He's cute...Can't help it...XP)
    There's a saying that Asians don't raisin after all. :P

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m a huge fan of the OST of Kuroko no Basket and I have been patiently waiting for it to come out. I did a bit of surfing on youtube and sadly I didn’t find the OST there yet. However, what I did find was the character songs. My favorite character song so far is one featured by Kise’s seiyuu. Here’s the song:

Because I like the song so much, I got interested in Kise’s seiyuu so I did a bit of research and I was surprised and very glad to find out that Kise’s seiyuu in Kuroko no Basket is the same seiyuu of Kaoru in Sakamichi no Apollon. That sealed the deal for me and turned me into a fan of Ryouhei Kimura. So I’m officially adding him to my list of favorite seiyuu.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a list of my favourite middle-aged veteran seiyuus:
    • Yamaguchi Kappei: His voice is iconic so you can tell he's playing a character by just a listen. I mainly know him as Inuyasha and Shinichi so I'd like to see him in recent roles as well!
    • Takayama Minami: Her shonen voice is my favorite among all the other female seiyuus who acts as a young boy. She also has a lower-pitched tone as Anita from D. Gray-man, but it wasn't obvious that it was the same voice actress as Conan- at least to my ears.
    • Inoue Kazuhiko: He's everywhere! Just like Kamiya Hiroshi, I usually find out he's in an anime I'm watching when I least expect him.
    • Narita Ken: The gap between his natural voice and his bishounen voice is rather startling (in a good way). I was looking through his Wikipedia page, and it's a pity that he doesn't have more roles as a central character.

My other favourites are Morikawa Toshiyuki and Minaguchi Yuko, but I've already mentioned them a few pages back.
    Last edited by Asarii; October 06, 2012 at 11:01 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Yamaguchi Kappei: His voice is iconic so you can tell he's playing a character by just a listen. I mainly know him as Inuyasha and Shinichi so I'd like to see him in recent roles as well!
    He's also the seiyuu for L, if I'm not mistaken? He did a too-good job as detectives' seiyuu.

Inoue Kazuhiko: He's everywhere! Just like Kamiya Hiroshi, I usually find out he's in an anime I'm watching when I least expect him.
    Nyanko-sensei!! I think he did a really good job as Nyanko-sensei, now my friends won't stop trying to imitate his silly voice.
    Last edited by yukihime03; October 06, 2012 at 11:42 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

best male for me :Mamoru Miyano ( ouran,DN,Soul Eater,Uta no prince,Steins Gate)
    Best female:Marina Inoue(Mogami Kyoko ..i just love that girl)

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    He's also the seiyuu for L, if I'm not mistaken? He did a too-good job as detectives' seiyuu.
    I've never watched the anime for Death Note, but that role actually took me by surprise. (It wasn't until I watched a compilation video on Niconico that I found out about it.) His voice sounds quite deep there.

And yes! He does well voicing detectives.

Quote Quote:
    Nyanko-sensei!! I think he did a really good job as Nyanko-sensei, now my friends won't stop trying to imitate his silly voice.
    OMG! He's a cat??????

I don't know about you, but he seems to voice a lot of light-haired characters.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman S3 and Code:Breaker finally made me really interested in Nobu (Okamoto Nobuhiko). Watching those two anime right after one another with full awareness of the cast really is killing me with how surreal it is. One is that crazy Niizuma, who can randomly go excited and shouting out sound effect words of the manga...and another is the cold-blooded Ogami who is always cool and calm, and can kill off evil doers as though they're just roaches and flies. At first, with Rin (in Ao no Exorcist) and Niizuma, his contrast wasn't even near to this, but now...since Ogami is basically a whole different extreme, his voices really blew my mind up. It's just so surreal, way too surreal! LOL

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never watched the anime for Death Note, but that role actually took me by surprise. (It wasn't until I watched a compilation video on Niconico that I found out about it.) His voice sounds quite deep there.

And yes! He does well voicing detectives.

OMG! He's a cat??????

I don't know about you, but he seems to voice a lot of light-haired characters.
    I was quite shocked to know his seiyuu is Kappei Yamaguchi since he sounded so young. :P

Yep, a butaneko.

Really? I haven't checked the other characters he voiced..

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    Bakuman S3 and Code:Breaker finally made me really interested in Nobu (Okamoto Nobuhiko). Watching those two anime right after one another with full awareness of the cast really is killing me with how surreal it is. One is that crazy Niizuma, who can randomly go excited and shouting out sound effect words of the manga...and another is the cold-blooded Ogami who is always cool and calm, and can kill off evil doers as though they're just roaches and flies. At first, with Rin (in Ao no Exorcist) and Niizuma, his contrast wasn't even near to this, but now...since Ogami is basically a whole different extreme, his voices really blew my mind up. It's just so surreal, way too surreal! LOL
    Nobuhiko Okamoto!

I've loved him since he voiced Usui in Kaichou wa Maid-sama..

I didn't thought he could voice various types of character so when I knew he voiced Rin who's rather childish, I was surprised. Though as Ogami, he sounds similar to Usui, only that Usui speaks lazily while Ogami speaks coolly.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I was quite shocked to know his seiyuu is Kappei Yamaguchi since he sounded so young. :P

Yep, a butaneko.

Really? I haven't checked the other characters he voiced..
    I feel bad for underestimating Kappei! He gives me the impression of voicing mainly teenaged rough and tumble guys so it was (and still is) a shock seeing him as L.

That's pretty cute actually! It's funny because he's in his fifties yet he's voicing a cat.

Gamma (KHR), November 11 (Darker than Black) and Kakashi all have light hair. Although now that I remember his role as Shiratori (Detective Conan), my observation may not be the case.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Adding two more seiyuu to my list:

Tachibana, Shinnosuke

Sakurai, Takahiro

They are very talented voice-actors and I love how manly their voices are, they are manly but there is a tinge of playfulness in them that made me .

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I gave a listen to Kamiya Hiroshi's debut album (Harezora) a few days ago- I quite like it! It's a collection of catchy songs that are perfect to start off the day in the morning; the fact that he names all of his (mini)-album(s) with "hare", which means sunny, is very appropriate. IIRC he wasn't too confident about singing in one SZS interview I read (or not) so I'm glad he's still active in his music career by releasing a mini-album in April.

In regards to the anime he's in right now, he's simultaneously Trafalgar Law and Penguin who are on two very opposites side of the character spectrum.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Harenohi is good too!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mariko Nakatsu

She has done a great job as Nanami in Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. She has been absolutely amazing! She has expressed all of Nanami’s emotions incredibly well.

I know that not everybody likes her voice, but I actually like it. I especially like her voice when she sings; her voice is so sweet and heartfelt.

She has only worked in two anime series so far but I think she has a lot of potential and a bright future ahead of her, she is an awesome seiyuu and I hope to see her being part of other projects in the future.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Joji Nakata-Man what a voice....the deepest and darkest, and definitely one of a kind. He voiced Alucard in Hellsing Ultimate, Kirei Kotomine in Fate/Zero, Amshel in Blood+, the Count of Monte Cristo in Gankutsuou, and much more! He can be more playful and light hearted like he did with Bando from Elfen Lied.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast