Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Seiyuu: Anime Voice Actors

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seiyuu: Anime Voice Actors

Nakata was outstanding as Kirei, he perfectly personified the character. Hard to say more, without spoiling.

My favorote VA, at the moment, is Sawashiro Miyuki. I love her voice, she doesn't sound as helium high as so many female seiyu. She was perfect as Inaba, in Kokoro Connect, tough sounding, but at the same time vulnerable. She's also been perfect as Onna Kishi, in Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. Some of her other famous roles are as Celty (Drrr), Kanbaru (Monogatari Series), and Shinku (Rozen Maiden). ***
    Last edited by Charlie; March 31, 2013 at 01:42 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I found a seiyuu self-rank battle game where you pick your preferred seiyuu out of the two names given and after all the battles, you get a ranking of 50 or so seiyuu (males and females have separate games). It's quite tedious, but fun nonetheless. It only features about 50 names for either category, so some of your favourites might not be there.

I haven't done the female one yet, but I did the male one twice, since I didn't bother looking up the ones I didn't know and picked randomly. However, both of the times, my top 5 remained the same.
    Tied for 1st: Ono Daisuke and Kamiya Hiroshi
    3rd: Miyano Mamoru
    4th: Fukuyama Jun
    5th: Namikawa Daisuke

...I'm so mainstream, it hurts.
    Last edited by Iceiphoenix; July 04, 2013 at 12:47 PM.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iceiphoenix View Post
    I found a seiyuu self-rank battle game where you pick your preferred seiyuu out of the two names given and after all the battles, you get a ranking of 50 or so seiyuu (males and females have separate games). It's quite tedious, but fun nonetheless. It only features about 50 names for either category, so some of your favourites might not be there.

I haven't done the female one yet, but I did the male one twice, since I didn't bother looking up the ones I didn't know and picked randomly. However, both of the times, my top 5 remained the same.

Honestly, I don't think I'll be much different. I only know mainstream ones too. Among those you mentioned, I think I'll add Takahiro Sakurai and Miyu Irino, that's all.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching Samurai Champloo again after putting it on hiatus for so long, and this time it's with the knowledge that Mugen is Nakai Kazuya. His deep voice is recognizable, and some people comment on his lack of voice as if it's a BAD thing.

What I look for in a seiyuu or even voice actors is not necessarily their range, but rather how effectively they manage to convey the personality and emotions of a character. If you compare Mugen to Zoro for instance, one can tell that they're two separate individuals even though their voices are similar and the characters are both swordsmen. Sure, Nakai may not have variety in his voice; the talent of his is present in his acting.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

The number of voices an actor can do is meaningless, a novelty and little more. Acting is the range of emotions an actor can convincingly display. Nakamura Yuuichi used the same voice for his three most famous characters; Tomoya in Clannad, Kyousuke in Oreimo, and Oreki in Hyouki all sound the same. He can use other voices, and will, for most supporting roles. What makes him great is the emotional depth he is able generate for his major roles, it doesn't matter that he uses the same voice. For actors in live movies, I would also include the variety of roles they can handle. I would not hold anime VA's as strictly to that standard. Variety is good, the better ones are able to perform a wider array of characters, but anime only really offers a limited number of roles compared to other media.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hanazawa Kana definitely is my favourite female VA at the moment, her perfomances usually carry so much emotion and her range is plain incredible. She's one of the very few VA who I can see voicing pretty much every character faithfully. Mayuri from Steins;Gate, Akane from Psycho-Pass, Ruri from OreImo and Ren Kogyouku from Magi are her best performances to me, now I'm really looking forward to see her voicing Onodera from Nisekoi.

Lately I feel like I see her voicing a damn lot of characters, it seems she became pretty popular in the matter of a few years, which is totally deserved in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jakensama View Post
    Joji Nakata-Man what a voice....the deepest and darkest, and definitely one of a kind. He voiced Alucard in Hellsing Ultimate, Kirei Kotomine in Fate/Zero, Amshel in Blood+, the Count of Monte Cristo in Gankutsuou, and much more! He can be more playful and light hearted like he did with Bando from Elfen Lied.
    Nakata's voice is really unique, it's very hard not to notice him voicing a character. Just like Kait said above, he usually uses the same voices (though there are exceptions like Rossiu from TTGL) but he can put all kind of emotions into his voices. His voice acting is outstanding in my opinion, to a point where he can make look characters way more badass than they actually are, like when he voiced Hordy from One Piece. Though my favourites roles are when he resembles the emotional "emptioness" of certain characters like Kirei and Souren from Kara no Kyokai.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Hanazawa is also one of my favorites. She's played so many great roles; Mayushii, Kuroneko, Sonohara, Sengoku, Akane, Tenshi, and more. It's not surprising she has been cast in so many shows recently. She's very talented, and can play a wide range of characters. One of my favorite Hanazawa scenes, from Kaminomi season one, as Shiori:

He's not as well known, but I really like Shimono Hiro, who plays Keima in Kaminomi. He also played Hiro, in ef ~ a Tale of Memories, Jin in Kannagi, and Urushihara in Maou-sama. He's got some of the best comedic timing, one of those VA's I wish were in more shows.

---------- Post added August 13, 2013 at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was July 28, 2013 at 11:27 PM ----------

Hayami Saori is another favorite of mine. Hanazawa and Tomatsu are the only female VA's I like more. Hayami is very good at playing assertive characters, with a hint of vulnerability. Some of her most famous roles are as Tsurumi (Anohana), Saki (Higashi no Eden), Haqua (Kaminomi), Ayase (Oreimo), Agemaki (Star Driver), Sawa (Tari Tari), Yukino (Oregairu).

---------- Post added September 05, 2013 at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was August 13, 2013 at 01:47 PM ----------

Interview with Tomatsu Haruna (Asuna from SAO, Nagi from Kannagi, Anaru from Anohana)
    Last edited by Kaiten; July 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iceiphoenix View Post

Haha, I also did this a while ago, and the result is more or less a bit mainstream too... I think it's more because of how those seiyuus are so amazingly talented and famous that they are everyone's favorite.
    1st: Daisuke Ono (I have a feeling that most people's results are like this, either him or HiroC on the top)
    2rd: Hiroshi Kamiya
    Tied for 3rd: Takahiro Sakurai and Tatsuhisa Suzuki
    Tied for 5th: Kousuke Toriumi and Yuuichi Nakamura
    6th: Jun Fukuyama (honestly I'm surprised he's pushed back to sixth place.. he was in the third place a few months ago... but then again... Tattsun.. >.<)

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite male seiyuu:
    1. Yuuichi Nakamura: The best as Tomoya, Oreki, and Kyouske
    2. Shimono Hiro: My favorite comedic seiyuu. Loved him in Kaminomi and Kannagi. I'm going to watch Tonari no Seki-kun specifically because he was cast opposite HanaKana. That combination is too much for me to resist.
    3. Hiroshi Kamiya: Araragi, Izaya, and Nozomu. No one does sarcasm better.
    4. Ohsaka Ryota: An all around good seiyuu. Loved him as Maou Sadao.
    5. Tomokazu Sugito: He's been brilliant so far as Gotou, in Samurai Flamenco. Will always be Kyon.

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I've recently taken a liking to Ohsaka Ryouta. Like Kait, I loved him as Maou. It's pretty amazing how he's getting main roles left and right this year, especially since he was mainly getting minor roles ("Student E. Ep.3") just last year.

On another note... A couple of weeks ago, I was looking at an article about the announcement of the cast of "Noragami". The article showed a pic of the character design of the main character and I thought "Hm, this dude totally looks like a character that HiroC would voice." I scrolled down, and what do you know. The character is going to be voiced by HiroC. I literally could not stop laughing for about a minute.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Pics of Hana Kana and Shimono Hiro recording Tonari no Seki-kun.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Hirano Aya (Suzumiya Haruhi) cosplaying as Hatsune Miku for a recent concert:

Spoiler show

---------- Post added December 31, 2013 at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was December 18, 2013 at 01:36 PM ----------

Uesaka Sumire (Dekomori in Chuunibyou, Kannadzuki in GJ-bu, Elbia in Outbreak Company) cosplaying as Homura, from Madoka Magica, at Comiket 85

Spoiler show

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I was interested in knowing who was voicing QT from Space Dandy and was surprised when I found out that it was Satake Uki from the idol group, 9nine. Since she was doing such a good job, I thought she was a veteran! She portrays a worrywart convincingly, and even though she uses a "robotic" voice, there's still a natural sound that makes it easy to listen to.

Once Uki's idol days are over, I really think she can go far with her career by transitioning to a seiyuu full time.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

8th Annual Seiyu Awards Announced:ANN

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    8th Annual Seiyu Awards Announced:ANN
    Glad for Kaito and Maaya. I understand Kaji's 2nd nomination, he is a great VA but I can't help but think that Yui won only because she voiced Mikasa. Kamiya is really popular.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast