Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Seiyuu: Anime Voice Actors

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seiyuu: Anime Voice Actors

He's not exactly my favourite seiyuu out there, but Kaji's 2nd win was a shoo-in.

I'm really happy for Hosoyaaan~ He has a really nice deep voice. I find it amusing that he voices the captain of the main sports teams in 2 sports animes (Hyuuga in Kuroko no Basket, and Tetsu in Daiya no Ace), and the captain of a supporting sports team (Shiraishi from Shitenhouji in Prince of Tennis). Dat captain voice.

...And trust HiroC to win the most votes award AGAIN.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy for Satou Rina. I admit I've only watched a slim portion of her filmography, but she's being doing a good job with the roles I've seen her in.

Kamiya wins the Most Votes category every year doesn't he? I wonder if he'll eventually win the Best Male Lead or Best Singing category.

I wonder why no one has the Personality Award this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    [...] I can't help but think that Yui won only because she voiced Mikasa.
    It seems as if people (the anime industry?) thought she did a great job for someone with very little experience as a seiyuu. (She's more of a theatre actress according to her Wikipedia page.)

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Hanae Natsuki is a new seiyuu I have come to enjoy. He has not had many roles, but most of them have been leads or prominent supporting roles. He has played Wien in Tari Tari Hikari in Nagi Asu, Shinichi in Outbreak Company, Jimon in Sekai Seifuku, and Haruichi in Diamond Ace. He has a really good voice, good versatility, and is always good in comedic roles.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Kamiya wins the Most Votes category every year doesn't he? I wonder if he'll eventually win the Best Male Lead or Best Singing category.)
    Recently, more or less, yep.
    Well, he won Best Supporting Male Lead in the 2nd Seiyuu Awards in 2008, and Best Male Lead & Best Personality in 2009 for the 3rd Seiyuu Awards.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iceiphoenix View Post
    Recently, more or less, yep.
    Well, he won Best Supporting Male Lead in the 2nd Seiyuu Awards in 2008, and Best Male Lead & Best Personality in 2009 for the 3rd Seiyuu Awards.
    Ooh, now I guess it's just the Best Singing then depending on how serious he is with his singing career.

Btw do you know whether these awards are based on fan votes like the Teen Choice Awards or by people who are involved in the anime industry like the Oscars? I know that some categories such as Kids/Family and the Foreign awards are based on fan's votes, but I'm not sure if rest of the categories are like that too.

It would make sense if Kamiya was getting the Most Votes award if each category was picked by fans. I'd be really happy for him if the people who work in anime such as studios, directors, writers, producers, etc. are appreciative of his work too.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Btw do you know whether these awards are based on fan votes like the Teen Choice Awards or by people who are involved in the anime industry like the Oscars? I know that some categories such as Kids/Family and the Foreign awards are based on fan's votes, but I'm not sure if rest of the categories are like that too.

It would make sense if Kamiya was getting the Most Votes award if each category was picked by fans. I'd be really happy for him if the people who work in anime such as studios, directors, writers, producers, etc. are appreciative of his work too.
    Well, I've checked out the site for the awards before, and fans send in their votes.
    No idea how much input other people from the industry give, though. >_<

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently it's both!

Quote Quote:
    第1群は主演男優・女優賞、助演男優・女優賞、新人男優・女優賞、歌唱賞、パーソナリティ賞、最多得票賞の6部門9賞である。受賞者数は第1回では当初各賞とも1名ずつと定めたが、結果として複数の受賞者を出し第2回では定めていない。部門における男優・女優の性別は作品中(声を演じるキャラクター)の性別ではなく、声優自身の性別である。第1回では第1群の各賞は一般投票による一次選出が行われた後、選考委員会がさらに候補者を絞る二次選出が行われ最終的に選考委員会の審議により受賞者が決定された。第2回では各投票サイト・施設にて行われた一般投票での得票を各媒体ごとに集計し、その結果をもとに最終選考へのノミネート者を決定。その後、選考委員会による二次選考によって最終的な受賞者を決定した。

第2群は特別功労賞および功労賞、シナジー賞、富山敬賞、キッズファミリー賞、高橋和枝賞、声優アワード特別賞の6部門7賞である。各部門ごとの受賞者数は、第1回から特に定めていない。第2群の賞については実行委員会が長年の功績をもとに受賞者を推薦し、その結果を選考委員会で承認することにより決定した

SOURCE
    If my interpretation of the bolded sentence is correct, fans nominate a seiyuu for a category and then the committee/委員会 - i.e., those who work in the industry- choose a winner from the selected pool. The format has changed from the 1st Seiyuu Award where there were apparently too many winners for the Supporting Characters and New Actor/Actress categories. LOL

The Most Votes category makes sense now: although Kamiya didn't get specifically chosen to be a winner for a certain category, he earned the most votes from fans during the nomination stage.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Voice Actress Miyuki Sawashiro Gets Married

Congratulations to her . At least she confirmed she'll keep working as a VA.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to her! There's a possibility that she might take a hiatus if she gives birth to a child, which is common for a lot of seiyuu women. Since she's so prolific, I doubt she'll go anywhere and will return to work ASAP. (I'm basing this on the assumption that she will have a child; it's possible that she'll go the childfree route.)

Considering how most seiyuus remain bachelors/bachelorettes, it makes me wonder just how hectic their schedule is. I always get the feeling that their social circle is limited to other seiyuus considering how busy they are so they don't have the time to go out and meet people outside of their field. Suzumura Kenichi and Sakamoto Maaya are two popular seiyuus that I can name who are married, and they're married to each other.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Hayami Saori will be making her first US public appearance at Otokan, in Baltimore, MD. Otakon is from August 8 - 10.

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7