Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotei 13 Timeline

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotei 13 Timeline

Use this thread to establish a timeline of events for the series ~ Tsukisama

I made a timeline with the known Gotei 13 (and peripheral organizations) rankings. I forgot to include Tessai in the wildcards. He'll be in next week's version 2.0, along with whatever the next chapter reveals, and with whatever corrections I am sent.

Speaking of corrections, please post any corrections you have (based on fact - please point to a manga chapter, page, and, if possible, mention the translator/scanlator), and they'll be included.

I tried to divide the eras the best as I could, but I made it all from memory. I probably have some stuff wrong, and the eras could probably use some adjustment - I can't really remember how long ago was each of the past flashbacks supposed to be.

Feel free to give any suggestions, (i.e., "based on <link to page>, we know that Kira and Hinamori were VC's 40 years ago, not 50", will make me correct the heading of the "50 years ago column").

Thank you. I hope this is useful! I'll try and have it updated weekly.

Beware before clicking the link, though: this will have pretty big spoilers for the Manga's current chapters (from the last week of March 2008 onwards).

Version 1.05 is up: http://bleach.planetaclix.pt/

Changes:

- "Yamamoto-Genryusai Shigekuni" to "Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryusai";
    - "Aizen Sousuke" to "Sousuke Aizen";
    - "Hacchi" added;

And that's all. If next week there's no "-99", I'll start working on finishing the "by character" timeline.
    Last edited by Tsukisama; September 06, 2010 at 02:57 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goji's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gotei 13 Timeline (Spoilers for Chapter "-108" - NOT "108"! - 28/03/2008)

Very cool idea! I like it. ^^

You should add a column "2000 years ago". That's the time when Yamamoto Genryusai founded the shinigami academy and shortly thereafter both Kyuraku and Ukitake graduated and became the two first captains who graduated from the academy to join the Gotei 13.

I'll go search for the chapter we hear it in now, but it also is stated on wikipedia.
    CLICKY

"General Yamamoto founded the shinigami academy about 2000 years before the main Bleach storyline. Yamamoto was himself a teacher at this academy, and personally instructed Kyōraku and Ukitake. He admits to being rather proud of Ukitake and Kyōraku. When they became captains, the first to do so from his academy, he "boasted about them as though they were his own sons.""

That's what I would like for you to change/add so far. Keep up the good work!

Spoiler show

Added spoiler tags ~Nami
    Last edited by Nami; March 30, 2008 at 12:53 AM.

[url=http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50362]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just so you know, the Kenpachi that is referred to in the last chapter is probably not Isshin. We can infer this from Shinji's surprise at and unfamilarity with his reiatsu when Isshin reveals himself to the arrancarized Grand Fisher.
    I wonder how he will be tied into this gaiden arc, if at all...
    Also, you should remove Yachiru from the VC position at the times where "a Kenpachi" is the captain of 11th.
    I'm reposting this in the thread you requested as well.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Goji;793157]Very cool idea! I like it. ^^

You should add a column "2000 years ago". That's the time when Yamamoto Genryusai founded the shinigami academy and shortly thereafter both Kyuraku and Ukitake graduated and became the two first captains who graduated from the academy to join the Gotei 13.
    QUOTE]

Actually that would be 2000 years before chapter -108
    So somewhere between 2110 and 2111 years ago depending on the time of the year at the foundation.

I made a time line last year febuary where i didn't have internet, lots of stuff in it but it's likely very confuseing.
    Since many of the tings are assumptions regarding events that took place but we don't know where.

Morlun Really nice layoout, much more keen to the eye then Word^^'

If you want to have a look at the timeline i made to try and look for possible stuff to add in yours feel free to do so.

It's called Soul Socity Timeline posted it at: Bleachasyulm,Clubbleach,Bleachforums,Narutoforums & likely also at liveactionanime forums

It should cover a heavy part of the stuff accuring before the HM arc

I'll be looking forward to seeing Version 2 and hopefully many more version ;-)

Link if intereted:
    http://www.bleachasylum.com/showthread.php?t=608

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hyn_pride93's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

really nicelayout dude. I had something for you to edit but brownbr(sorry, brownbt) already took care of it. Good work and can't wait see what you are gonna do next.

~ Flames of Aries ~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goji's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, also a nice timeline you got there Stone. You obviously put a lot of thought in that one.
    Maybe you two could implement the two timelines into one whoopass-mega-timeline-thingy, that still has a nice and clear layout... ^^;

I must say, Bleach history is an interesting subject to talk/think about.

[url=http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50362]

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sarmad's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Thx for the Timeline .. i really needed something like this ^^

I also need to ask you lot something, but it may be a little off topic.
    Was it ever explained why the shinigamis or rather the souls of SS grow old so differently? Rukia for example grew up pretty fast [from her time in rukongai to SS], almost like "in the real world", whereas Ukitake seems fairly young, but he's like over 200 soulyears :/
    -_-

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmad View Post

I also need to ask you lot something, but it may be a little off topic.
    Was it ever explained why the shinigamis or rather the souls of SS grow old so differently? Rukia for example grew up pretty fast [from her time in rukongai to SS], almost like "in the real world", whereas Ukitake seems fairly young, but he's like over 200 soulyears :/
    Can't remember exactly where, but someone said that you have to sleep in order to age in SS. Maybe the longer lived ones don't sleep?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner darknitemarch's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Hitsugaya said something like that to Hinamori when he was talking to her via the screen set up in Orihime's house, but I think it was a joke. He said, "Just look at Matsumoto, if you don't sleep you'll never catch up to that," but I think that was just him trying to get her to rest.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darknitemarch View Post
    I think that Hitsugaya said something like that to Hinamori when he was talking to her via the screen set up in Orihime's house, but I think it was a joke. He said, "Just look at Matsumoto, if you don't sleep you'll never catch up to that," but I think that was just him trying to get her to rest.
    Yeah, it was just a joke. In the first place, Hinamori will NEVER catch up with Matsumoto. She's not Hinata.

Great job on the timeline, Morlun.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A very nice timeline. Thank you for making it, Morlun

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wow comparing this to the world history timeline this is kinda crazy the academy was originated 2000 years ago, and i guess soul society have much more work back in the day due to many death cause by the lack of technology advancement..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weixiaobao View Post
    wow comparing this to the world history timeline this is kinda crazy the academy was originated 2000 years ago, and i guess soul society have much more work back in the day due to many death cause by the lack of technology advancement..
    Actually, just because the population is so huge now, even though we have advanced medical technology, the death rate is higher now than ever before.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goji View Post
    Very cool idea! I like it. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Morlun Really nice layoout, much more keen to the eye then Word^^'

I'll be looking forward to seeing Version 2 and hopefully many more version ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by hyn_pride93 View Post
    really nicelayout dude. I had something for you to edit but brownbr(sorry, brownbt) already took care of it. Good work and can't wait see what you are gonna do next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gigantor21 View Post
    Great job on the timeline, Morlun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukisama View Post
    A very nice timeline. Thank you for making it, Morlun
    Thanks all!

As it being keener on the eye than Word, you're not too far off... it's Excel, really. :-P

Anyway, I'm gonna save it as an HTML table as soon as I (bother to) find a host for it.

For further reference, consider all compliments to the timeline automatically thanked to. Also, consider all insults automatically replied to with a kick to the groin. :P

On to content, now.

I'll go search for the chapter we hear it in now, but it also is stated on wikipedia.
    CLICKY

"General Yamamoto founded the shinigami academy about 2000 years before the main Bleach storyline. Yamamoto was himself a teacher at this academy, and personally instructed Kyōraku and Ukitake. He admits to being rather proud of Ukitake and Kyōraku. When they became captains, the first to do so from his academy, he "boasted about them as though they were his own sons.""

That's what I would like for you to change/add so far. Keep up the good work!

Spoiler show

Added spoiler tags ~Nami
    Thanks!

Spoiler: -108 Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by brownbt View Post
    Just so you know, the Kenpachi that is referred to in the last chapter is probably not Isshin. We can infer this from Shinji's surprise at and unfamilarity with his reiatsu when Isshin reveals himself to the arrancarized Grand Fisher.
    I wonder how he will be tied into this gaiden arc, if at all...
    Ah, good point!

Quote Originally Posted by brownbt View Post
    Also, you should remove Yachiru from the VC position at the times where "a Kenpachi" is the captain of 11th.
    I'm reposting this in the thread you requested as well.
    Thanks! I replaced Zaraki by "a" in those columns after realizing we couldn't be sure it was him, and forgot to remove Yachiru. :-P

Actually that would be 2000 years before chapter -108
    So somewhere between 2110 and 2111 years ago depending on the time of the year at the foundation.
    Actually, it's 2,000 years before Yama-jii fought Shunsui and Ukitake, so it would be 2,000 years ago, right? Or am I missing something?

I made a time line last year febuary where i didn't have internet, lots of stuff in it but it's likely very confuseing.
    Since many of the tings are assumptions regarding events that took place but we don't know where.

If you want to have a look at the timeline i made to try and look for possible stuff to add in yours feel free to do so.

It's called Soul Socity Timeline posted it at: Bleachasyulm,Clubbleach,Bleachforums,Narutoforums & likely also at liveactionanime forums

It should cover a heavy part of the stuff accuring before the HM arc

Link if intereted:
    http://www.bleachasylum.com/showthread.php?t=608
    Yeah, I found your timeline when I was building mine, trying to confirm the years of the flashbacks, but I was confused with the dates and decided to build mine from memory and trust that people would poke holes in it if I got something wrong... this is the internet after all. :-P

Wow, also a nice timeline you got there Stone. You obviously put a lot of thought in that one.
    Maybe you two could implement the two timelines into one whoopass-mega-timeline-thingy, that still has a nice and clear layout... ^^;

I must say, Bleach history is an interesting subject to talk/think about.
    As soon as I get the table into an HTML page, feel free to IFRAME it into any site. Don't just copy it, 'cause you'll miss the updates. :-) Then again, I could include a version number and a date, plus a link to the original. Yeah, that'd work. :-)

And yeah, it's an interesting subject. Kubo weaves his history finely. As an aspiring writer, this is something I am trying to do... and it must mean something that I'm working on a timeline for his work instead of my own.

Anyway, I hope I answered everything, and nothing got lost in the multi-quote shuffle. If I missed a suggestion/correction, please nudge me via PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Morlun, you're my hero, great one here! Sticky, Gig? This topic could be used in future referencies, a serious one, very well made!
    I believe the topic should be used for clarification to new members...

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast