Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old Gotei 13 more powerful than New Gotei 13?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Inchao's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Old Gotei 13 more powerful than New Gotei 13?

Well,since we are served by the newest chapter,I just have this one question that pop-up in my head for us fans.The old Gotei 13 are full of uber-powerful characters that we knew up till today that are the Vizards plus the story-mover Urahara and his Hougyoku.So,here's the question,sincerely,what do you think of today's Gotei 13?Do you spit on them cause now their images are just tiny (especially to Hitsugaya-hater,Soifon-hater,Komamura-hater) compared to the old Gotei 13?

As for me,each generation of Gotei 13 are unique.Although the current one are considered weak but soon in the future,they too will become elite and uber-powerful even without Hollow powers.One of them might succeed in becoming the sotaichou and proves that the current Gotei 13 is powerful.

Everyone dig in
    The strength of 10 divisions!!!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old/New Gotei 13

Well, we still don't know the releases of the vizard captains or how powerful they were before they transformed into vizards. It is still too early to try to compare their purely shinigami selves to the captains of the present.

The current Gotei 13 (obviously not including Yama, Uno, Shun, and Uki, since they are also in old Gotei 13) is still very good. Hitsugaya is very young and with more time could quite a force to be reckoned with. Komamura really only looks weak because of his performance with Aizen, but Aizen probably could have done something similar to others like Kenpachi or Byakuya with his level power. As for Soi Fon, we haven't even seen the extent of her power; it is far too early to call her weak. Those three are among the most recent captains, and so far it has seemed that the captains with more experience generally tend to be much stronger.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sirios Whitestrom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's difficult to decide which generation is "more powerful" because we know almost nothing about the old generation. We don't know for sure if the Vaizards even had their hollow powers back then. I assume they were kicked out/abandoned Soul Society when they obtained those powers. If they didn't have them I'd say they're pretty much equal to Gotei as it is in the present.

MH's Peacemaker 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Leen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Soi Fong is not weak considering how she learns that kidou+hadou thing herself. Plus, Suzumebachi can be lethal. The only reason that she might seem weak is because she lost to that cat-woman, which is completely fine since Yourouichi is her sensei in the beginning.

As for Komamura, now that's a weak guy. He not only lost to Aizen (which is perfectly OK) but he still couldn't beat Kenpachi EVEN with his bankai and Tousen's bankai. Now, that's kind of weak. Ne ?

As for the overall picture, it is hard to tell which is stronger and which is weaker since they are in two total different dimension and time. I wonder if the vazairds have stayed there, would the recent captains be able to fight them on equal grounds and triumph over them? It's impossible to tell. So I really can't judge. Whatever it is, I am pretty ok with the strength of the new Gotei 13. Minus the fox guy. Hitsugaya is still young and his bankai is unstable. Give that kid a little more time and he will grow up fine.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted TheChosenOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leen View Post
    Soi Fong is not weak considering how she learns that kidou+hadou thing herself. Plus, Suzumebachi can be lethal. The only reason that she might seem weak is because she lost to that cat-woman, which is completely fine since Yourouichi is her sensei in the beginning.
    I agree, Soi Fong is overlooked, her loss to Yoruichi was understandable cuz that was her teacher. She has a very deadly shikai, which opens the debate on how fatal her bankai is, plus with shunko (could have increased in mastery) she is a force.

Quote Quote:
    As for Komamura, now that's a weak guy. He not only lost to Aizen (which is perfectly OK) but he still couldn't beat Kenpachi EVEN with his bankai and Tousen's bankai. Now, that's kind of weak. Ne ?
    Komma's loss to Aizen was also graspable cuz Aizen fooled him with his illusion which was hidden from him. Komma was dumbstruck when he saw two Aizen's in quick instances which gave Aizen the opportunity to deal the withering Black Coffin Spell. I think had Komma known about Aizen's shikai, things would have went a different way (not saying he would pawn Aizen, just wouldn't been so easily defeated).

Ken fought Bankai Komma ? I thought Komma left when he sensed Yamma was in trouble or something, wasn't that the case.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Komma's loss to Aizen was also graspable cuz Aizen fooled him with his illusion which was hidden from him. Komma was dumbstruck when he saw two Aizen's in quick instances which gave Aizen the opportunity to deal the withering Black Coffin Spell. I think had Komma known about Aizen's shikai, things would have went a different way (not saying he would pawn Aizen, just wouldn't been so easily defeated).

Ken fought Bankai Komma ? I thought Komma left when he sensed Yamma was in trouble or something, wasn't that the case.
    You are correct. Komamura only released bankai. That's all we saw. From what Kenpahci told Yumichika, it seemed that Komamura left the battle not long after bankai.

Komamura is greatly underrated. Hopefully, when the story returns to present action, Komamura will get the chance to redeem himself in the eyes of those who doubt him.

Quote Originally Posted by Leen View Post
    Soi Fong is not weak considering how she learns that kidou+hadou thing herself.
    Also, shunko is a combination of hakuda and kidou. Hadou is a subsection of kidou. I would not mention it if this was the first time I had seen this mistake made, but I figure it is worth noting in an attempt to end its proliferation.
    Last edited by Tsukisama; March 29, 2008 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well the old kenpachi got owned by the new kenpachi, that's a fact..
    Yoruichi may not even was a captain so.. we can't count on her against soifon..
    Shinji versus Aizen.. hmmm.. they both left soul society and seeking higher power.. both are visionaries..
    Lisa versus Nanao, Lisa is way cuter as a lieutenant captain..

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old/New Gotei 13 [SPOILER]

Post locked for now because of spoilers for the latest chapter.
    Any discussion on the latest chapter can resume after this weekend ^^

▲Away till end June. ▲

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vizardgroup3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i know the releases of the vizard captains and luitenants except for hachi and mashiro ok kenseis shikai is tachikaze and his bankai is tekken tachikaze shinjiis is collapse, sakanade it reverses everything up is down left is right hiyoris is butcher, Kubikiri Orochi, lisas shikai is Haguro
    Tonbo, loves shikai is tengemaru, rose's shikai is kinshara. and my idea for isshin kurosaki is i think he was captain of the 1st squad (head captain) that is just my thought knowing how powerful he is.Gin ichimarus bankai is komi shini no yari just incase if anyone would like to know

In bleach chapter 420 Ichigo is fighting Aizen while aizen is in his hollow form and all of a sudden he fights his inner hollow and his bankai (tensa zangetsu) gets broke in half so he throws it and gets stabbed by his inner hollow and he says that it doesn't hurt so his inner hollow starts crying and his inner hollow says "all i wanted to do is protect you" so then ichigo learns that to use the final getsuga tenshou (mugetsu) he has to merge with his tensa zangetsu and after he merges with his sword no soul reapers or humans or quincys can feel his spiritual pressure and then once the final getsuga tenshou is done he turns back into a human losing all his spiritual energy and everything in the end he gets to live a normal life

2nd squad - yorouichi shihoun
    3rd squad - rose
    5th squad - hirako shinjii
    6th squad - Ginrei Kuchiki
    7th squad - Love
    9th squad - Kensei Muguruma
    11th squad - Kenpachi Kiganjo
    12th squad - Kisuke Urhaara
    Kido corps - Tessai
    3rd squad - Shuusuke Amagai

Lieutenants
    2nd squad - Marenoshin Omeada
    3rd squad - Chikane Iba
    4th squad - Seinosuke Yamada
    5th squad - Sosuke Aizen
    6th squad - Sojin Kuchiki
    7th squad - Jinemon
    8th squad - Lisa Yadomaru
    9th squad - Mashiro Kuna
    12th squad - Hiyori Sarugaki
    13th squad - Kaien Shiba
    Kido corps - Hachigen Ushoda
    Research and development - Mayuri Kurotschi

Yes i know alot about bleach
    Last edited by Tsukisama; September 19, 2010 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the old generation is much stronger since they had urahara,shinji,tesssai,royuichi the power does not even equal eachother the older generation is far by more powerfull

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vizardgroup3 View Post
    i know the releases of the vizard captains and luitenants except for hachi and mashiro ok kenseis shikai is tachikaze and his bankai is tekken tachikaze shinjiis is collapse, sakanade it reverses everything up is down left is right hiyoris is butcher, Kubikiri Orochi, lisas shikai is Haguro
    Tonbo, loves shikai is tengemaru, rose's shikai is kinshara. and my idea for isshin kurosaki is i think he was captain of the 1st squad (head captain) that is just my thought knowing how powerful he is.Gin ichimarus bankai is komi shini no yari just incase if anyone would like to know
    <hr noshade size="1">
    In bleach chapter 420 Ichigo is fighting Aizen while aizen is in his hollow form and all of a sudden he fights his inner hollow and his bankai (tensa zangetsu) gets broke in half so he throws it and gets stabbed by his inner hollow and he says that it doesn't hurt so his inner hollow starts crying and his inner hollow says "all i wanted to do is protect you" so then ichigo learns that to use the final getsuga tenshou (mugetsu) he has to merge with his tensa zangetsu and after he merges with his sword no soul reapers or humans or quincys can feel his spiritual pressure and then once the final getsuga tenshou is done he turns back into a human losing all his spiritual energy and everything in the end he gets to live a normal life
    <hr noshade size="1">
    2nd squad - yorouichi shihoun
    3rd squad - rose
    5th squad - hirako shinji
    6th squad - Ginrei Kuchiki
    7th squad - Love
    9th squad - Kensei Muguruma
    11th squad - Kenpachi Kiganjo
    12th squad - Kisuke Urahara
    Kido corps - Tessai
    3rd squad - Shuusuke Amagai
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Lieutenants
    2nd squad - Marenoshin Omeada
    3rd squad - Chikane Iba
    4th squad - Seinosuke Yamada
    5th squad - Sosuke Aizen
    6th squad - Sojin Kuchiki
    7th squad - Jinemon
    8th squad - Lisa Yadomaru
    9th squad - Mashiro Kuna
    12th squad - Hiyori Sarugaki
    13th squad - Kaien Shiba
    Kido corps - Hachigen Ushoda
    Research and development - Mayuri Kurotschi
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Yes i know alot about bleach
    amagai wasn't a captain back then.... he never was a captain outside the fillers so why say he was captain 110 years ago?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member vongola_x's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old Gotei 13 more powerful than New Gotei 13?

There seems to me that there's a fairly "quick" turnover in Gotei 13 Captains every couple hundred of years, with the only staples in the group being Yama-jii, Shunsui, Ukitake, and Unohana. I imagine that Ginrei was also one of the senior members before his retirement, as was Shinji before his Hollowification.

It is, however, difficult to gauge which generations of Captains are stronger based on what little information that we have. One can assume however, that the current generation does have a lot of potential for greatness with Captains like Byakuya, Kenpachi, and Hitsugaya on the rise, as I doubt that any of those three have yet reached their pinnacle of strength.

"To flourish or to perish... that is up to you, Vongola Decimo."

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    and my idea for isshin kurosaki is i think he was captain of the 1st squad (head captain) that is just my thought knowing how powerful he is.
    Uh... no. Yama has been the Commander for over 1000 years. Even Shinigami age, Isshin would look super old if he had been a captain over 1000 years ago plus he only left SS 20 years ago....

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Remodie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to say the old Gotei 13 is stronger than the current generation. 2 put it in perspective we could eliminate the the reaccuring captains like shunsui, ukitaki, yamamoto, and unohana so we will be left with an even playing field. Shinji was one of he only one's to suspect Aizen and he was one of the senior captain's along wit the previous generation and his shikai is very strong and similar to Aizen's in a way. Genrei hasn't really had any information revealed but I am sure he was very strong as well seeing as he trained Byakuya and looks to be one of the eldest members of the gotei 13. The former kenpachi is weaker than Zaraki though for the simple fact that zaraki murdered him. The others I would have to say are stronger because look at who we have left to compare them to..... komamaru to love or rose would still get owned, Soi fon to Yuroichi........ I vaguely remember someone saying Yuroichi wasn't a captain but as I remember she was the head of some division that I can't for the life of me remember right now and she was wearing a captain's cloak when soi fon had her flashback while they fought......... so back to wat I was saying Soi fon would lose against yuroichi because she already has and we dont even know Yuroichi's shikai or bankai. As for Hitsugya, he is one of my favorite characters, but I doubt he would truly stand a chance against the old generation unless he does one of his patented "pull a NEW move out of his ass techniques" lol.

SN: I don't know if we are counting Aizen, Tousen and Gin as the "current" generation because if so then the current one is stronger for obvious reasons.

I forgot about hikifune 2... she had 2 have been strong to be promoted to the royal guard. And Isshin as well because he was a captain and he held his own against Aizen.

Kisuke Urahara 2 would pown any of the current generation captain's as well
    Last edited by Remodie; September 22, 2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Live Life, Love Life

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The old Gotei 13 is definately stronger. But we can't leave out the max potential of the New Gotei 13 captains. We have young captains like Hitsugaya, Byakuya, and Gin who have the most potential of all the captains IMO, still trying to master there skills. Kenpachi has potential also just no skills to show for. Mayuri is a scientist is main priority isn't fightng but will when he has to. Soifon seems strong for her size, also claiming the title of fastest captain amongst the new Gotei. Komamura could have great potential. He seems balanced enough in each shinigami art. Tousen has shown some pretty good skills in every art, and Aizen's work is self explanatory. While the old gotei is only showing there stuff as of now. I will wait until I see more from them but right now I see it like this.../

1. Yamamoto - Yamamoto
    2. Yoruichi > Soifon
    3. Otoribashi < Ichimaru
    4. Unohana - Unohana
    5. Shinji < Aizen
    6. Ginrei < Byakuya
    7. Love = Komamura
    8. Kyoraku - Kyoraku
    9. Kensei = Tosen
    10. ??? - Hitsugaya
    11. ??? - Kenpachi
    12. Urahara > Mayuri
    13. Juushiro - Juushiro
    Last edited by Crystal Black; September 22, 2010 at 04:33 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast