Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you think that Luffy might become one of the 4 kings

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Anime Head 101's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think that Luffy might become one of the 4 kings

So do you think that Luffy might become one of the 4 Emperors before he becomes the Pirate King.
    Last edited by Anime Head 101; March 31, 2008 at 01:13 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Absolutio's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you think that Luffy might become one of the 4 kings

first of all, they're emperrors, not kings. 2nd of all, no. His goal is to achieve pirate king, being an emperror meanwhile is not one of his goals or ways of doing stuffs.

Luffy: Sanji, prepare the lunch-box!
    Sanji: Lunch-box?
    Luffy: Yes. A pirate's lunch-box!
    *Pirate's lunch-box is for increasing one's power, so there will be no vegetables.
    -One Piece Side-Stories Covers Coloring Project! OP Colorist? Check it out now!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Now with that said, I think he theoretically "can be one of the Emperors". Since as far as we have in our hands, we have no idea of how the 4 current Emperors are promoted from your everyday pirates into the 4 Emperors.

I doubt that the pirates themselves decided that (I mean as a whole), since these pirates are more or less self-centered. So, the most probable entity that made that so is the WG. If Luffy beats someone from the 4 Emperors, there's a chance that the WG may calls him one of the Emperors. Perhaps based on bounties? Probably.

Then again, this is a loose theory. It's more like a thought.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think luffy cares about being one of the 4 emperors. he want to be "the one" pirate king. Also i dont think pirates are promoted by someone to be emperor but instead they are simply so insanely powerful that they can do whatever they want and no one can stop them. The yonkou are more like anarchist than actual emperors.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Although we don't know much about the emperors I think it is save to assume, that you need a bigger crew than Luffy has. I mean they control parts of the new world - so what could he do with 8 crewmembers? ruling a tiny island at the end of GL ;P !?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member marte1980's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    Although we don't know much about the emperors I think it is save to assume, that you need a bigger crew than Luffy has. I mean they control parts of the new world - so what could he do with 8 crewmembers? ruling a tiny island at the end of GL ;P !?
    That would be true for becoming the pirate king too, so it isn't true. I guess that being a Younkou just means that you're an extremely powerful pirate. IMO Luffy will be considered a Yonkou once he will have beaten one of the marine admirals or another Yonkou(probably Kaidou), because after all being a Yonkou isn't like being a Shichibukai, which must be 7, Yonkous can become (insert word here, what is it, Gonkou?). I want to see Luffy defeating both Aokiji and Akainu, then the others.
    SPQR
    ------------------------------
    O Freunde, nicht diese Töne!
    Sondern laßt uns angenehmere
    anstimmen und freudenvollere.
    Freude! Freude!
    ------------------------------
    You highest men whom my eyes have seen, this is my doubt about you and my secret laughter: I guess that you would call my overman—devil!
    What is great is so alien to your souls that the overman would be terrifying to you in his goodness ...

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

so you think Luffy needs a bigger crew to become pirateking? I think Luffy (as well as oda) doesn't want the strawhat pirates to have that much more crewmembers. they had their chance in dbf.
    also you have no proof for it being not true. we know very little about the former pirate kings crew and what applies for him must not for Luffy as well.
    and on a sidenote: yonkou means 4emperors just as shichibukai means 7warlords of the sea so there' no reason why it shouldn't be called nibukai when Luffy has won against most of them.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

They aren't promoted to Yonkou by anyone. It's just a nick given by WG to 4 strongest and most influential pirates.
    Now, if Luffy would beat one of them, I don't think he would succeed the title, since the title "emperor" implies certain manpower, and influence on the seas.
    They would probably be called... Sankou (is it?), if one of them got beaten. And Luffy would probably get "Pirate Prince" title, or something like it...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I was thinking about something.
    Shanks is 20 years older than Luffy and Roger died 20 years ago.
    So Shanks was 17 or maybe a little older when he became captain of his crew.
    And at the beginning, he certainly had just a few crew members like Yassop, Ben Beckman and Lucky Roo.
    But 10 years later, when he was at Luffy's village, he already had a big crew and now he seems to have an even bigger crew.
    So I think it will be the same with Luffy. If he has a little crew, it's because he's at sea for only a few months and he's still looking for "nakama" who are IMO different from simple crew members so I think he'll have two more nakama and we won't see anybody else join the crew till the end when we see an adult pirate king Luffy with a big crew.
    Well, when I say that, I'm referring to the ancient version of Romance Dawn (the one with Shanks, not the one with Luffy's grandfather) where he seems to have a crew like the one Shanks had when he was at Fuschia. And the crescent moon guy is with him so perhaps in the true version of One Piece some enemies like Buggy and Alvida will be with him later. It'd be cool. ^^
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/0/51/

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy isn't the kind of guy to have a large crew.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lelouch View Post
    Luffy isn't the kind of guy to have a large crew.
    Luffy isn't fully mature yet. People change over the years. Oda isn't the kind of guy to always leave his characters the same.

Quote Quote:
    If he has a little crew, it's because he's at sea for only a few months...
    I can't believe there are still people who think it's been so little time.
    Like we see each and every day of SH crew. When did Zoro learn Asura and all those other attacks, when did Luffy learn how to use gears, when did Sanji learn Diable Jamble?
    One more thing. If it was just a couple of months, then tell me, by your count, how long did it pass since Sanji's wanted poster apperared, till the last chapter?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, most arcs do occur just in a few days at most, but we have no way of knowing how much time they spend at sea. Still, i dont think more than a year has passed since the first manga chapter.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Razh > the question isn't here. Even if one year had passed, Luffy would only be 18.
    A lot of pirates weren't even pirates at the age of 18 (Zoro, Sanji, Franky..) and Ace who is a few years older than Luffy is in BB crew but if he was a captain, I don't think he would have a crew a lot bigger than Luffy's. Well, it could be possible but only if he was like Don Krieg who prefers the quantity over the quality and I don't think it's the case.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    One more thing. If it was just a couple of months, then tell me, by your count, how long did it pass since Sanji's wanted poster apperared, till the last chapter?
    My question still stands.
    If all in all, there has been a few months between Luffy's coming out of the barrel and current fight, than SH departed from Water 7 in no more than a week, right?
    So, tell me, how does a person like Duval manage to run away from marines for some time, and then still manage to form a band of flying fish slave traders, who have been near Fishman island for some time now, in one week? Even if it was 2 or 3 weeks it's still a stretch.

I know it's offtopic, but I think we need to get this straight.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Razh- you are over think things, he maybe the leader of the flying fish before the bounty.. and flying fish is not a pirate group and may not have done any illegal activities before the bounty..

Back to topic,

As for luffy becoming Emperor... nah... Luffy don't want it.. he has no reason to fight against world govern as of yet.. and if he strictly like adventures and stuff he would be out of the WG's way.. though there can be accidents from time to time but ..

On the contradictory, he could be the most wanted (like Dragon) and still not be an emperor..

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast