Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts on Ichigo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Thoughts on Ichigo

Honestly...I have to say he's one of the most boring protagonists ever.

Granted, he wasn't exactly Kamina to begin with--how many anti-social high school punks do you see in this genre?--but I genuinely liked him when the manga started. His relationship with his friends and his family, and how that was affected by the death of his mother, made him very compelling. There was a genuine undercurrent behind his declarations to protect.

Now, I cringe when he swears he'll do something, because it's almost guaranteed that he'll lose or break the story somehow. I can't imagine what Kubo will pull during the Ulquiorra fight, and I don't want to see it--the exact opposite of what should happen in a fighting shonen. More importantly, it's clear that the "resolve" thing is all Ichigo's got, personality wise, and Kubo ran out of ways to keep it fresh and sincere a long time ago. He's too shallow to carry the series IMO.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by gigantor21; March 31, 2008 at 08:56 PM.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Thougts on Ichigo

We should make Kon the protagonist.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

its true he doesn't have as much depth as other characters(naruto,allen,lag,nagi,ikki)but he is still a decent protangonist.sometimes in bleach i think if ichigo werta soulreaper from the beginin he wud have more years and more stories and flash backs instead of what we are having now(everlasting reminding us about resolve and defeats that couldnt happen in 100 years of training)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, he was kinda cool in the beginning.. and now i dunno he is kinda dumb, and inconsistence, ... beside he is not even a fan favorite ..

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he should be more defined as a character.

But really, lately, he's been beaten a lot, by his enemies, and Hyori alike

Honestly, I thought to myself "finally" when I was reading these 2 pages;
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/282/09/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/282/10/

That's more like it. Reminded me of the beginning.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Yeah, same here. I saw that and I was like "Ichigo getting character development!? WTF YES!!" Of course, it got completely neutered as soon as the fight ended. But it was nice while it lasted.

Honestly, I don't get how he's always in the top 3 with every poll. He's like the Yammi of shonen protagonists.

"Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member _ATMA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the new thing behind ichigo may be something more like he needs to fail before he can go on and he needs to have dirt rubbed in his eyes before he can expand anymore as a character imo

he needs to take a new approach to how he can over come his boundaries and one of the steps to it is he needs to fail, BADLY. im actually glad he has had his ass handed to him repeatably
    Last edited by _ATMA; March 31, 2008 at 11:01 PM.
    If Nissan Motorsports is NISMO, does that make Honda Motorsports HOMO?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ That'd be all well and good, if not for 2 things:

1) He's lost almost every match he's been in since the SS Arc ended, and

2) With Orihime around, no one on his side will die for good.

I think we've seen him get slapped around like a bitch enough--but Ryoma from PoT (who I hate) has more depth in spite of ALWAYS winning. So I don't think that explains it.

"Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner squidbreath's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gigantor21 View Post
    But that's what i like about bleach! No one ever dies

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by squidbreath View Post
    But that's what i like about bleach! No one ever dies
    Well they can die, but not for long. At first, I thought that as long as the person stays alive, they're good, but Orihime can bring them back from the dead (See the fraccion girl that Grimmjow incinerated), so what the hell? Is there any reason to be nervous when someone is dead or on the verge of dying?

I don't need to hear anymore "OMG! Chad's reiatsu is gone!" or "OMG! Rukia!" because Orihime is always there =\

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member _ATMA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gigantor21 View Post
    ^ That'd be all well and good, if not for 2 things:

1) He's lost almost every match he's been in since the SS Arc ended, and

I think we've seen him get slapped around like a bitch enough--but Ryoma from PoT (who I hate) has more depth in spite of ALWAYS winning. So I don't think that explains it.
    yea but look how long it has taken ichigo to find the courage to finly properly accept his hallow side after all this time? id have to say though his ass getting handed to him is going to probably come to an end soon and hes going to start learning some new much needed tricks

at least this is what i speculate xD but honestly i think the him getting his ass handed to him over and over and over since SS was much needed to help further later development we may just be over looking the such obvious that we think it couldnt be true
    If Nissan Motorsports is NISMO, does that make Honda Motorsports HOMO?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ichigo is doing pretty darn well considering how long he has been a shinigami, even Shinji recognized that he achieved bankai in a short time and dueled with captains and that's why he took Ichigo off the "shitty Hiyori walker" to directly face off his hollow.

My thoughts on Ichigo's power:
    Ichigo has never lost when he had his mask on including the short 10 seconds segments of his battle against GJ and Ulquiorra.
    Although I think he will maybe stronger if it was Zangetsu by his side rather than his hollow. Zangetsu lends all of his powers willingly and acts like a mentor and a guide while using Shirusaki is as good as riding a wild horse in a race.
    Some may think that Ichigo barely survived his fight with GJ and got owned by Nnoitra so how is he going to fight Ulquiorra. Such assumption is not entirely true. Reasons are:
    1) Ichigo got hit by several of GJ's spikes which was what messed him up even though he still continued to fight and beat GJ
    2) He was already messed up when he faced Nnoitra
    The real question is will Ichigo be able to call upon his hollow powers and keep it while facing Ulquiorra?

My thoughts on Ichigo's personality
    He still wants to keep his comrades from harms way and he still goes to extreme measures to save those who he cares about (e.g getting hit by Ulquiorra's cero for the sake of protecting Nel and later acting as a body armour and receiving five of GJ's mighty spikes/claws to protect Nel and Orihime).
    However, Ichigo's goal is not just saving anyone anymore. He wants to beat the living hell out of those who looked down on him and beat him. GJ realized that and said it to Ichigo:"you could've taken the girl and ran away but instead you're still here fighting me" . This can also be seen when later Ichigo said right before delivering the final blow to GJ :"I will beat you, Ulquiorra and then then i will take everyone and go home". This change occurred ever since Ichigo realized his instinct for battle.

I am not sure how this change will change Ichigo's destiny but power is the first step in becoming a leader in the shinigami world.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus-Tails View Post
    I don't need to hear anymore "OMG! Chad's reiatsu is gone!" or "OMG! Rukia!" because Orihime is always there =\
    lol, it's true to an extend

However, Orihime did not bring anyone from the dead, this is not Naruto where there is a jutsu for everything even reviving the dead (which by they way happened several times in that awful series). What happened with the the arrancar girl is similar to what happened before when Ulquiorra cero-ed Orihime's accompanying shinamis, they were hit bad, half of their bodies were burn to ashed but it has been said since the beginning of the series that the only way to make sure that a shinigami is dead is by cutting off his/her head, I would think if the two lowly shinigamis could survive for a while then why can't arrancars?
    Just my thoughts!
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo havent had any character development but his personality is interesting enough. He lives to protect his friend. That got my respect.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

i like ichigo's character but i think he could do with been a bit older with a bit more history and somtimes he can be really corny, my thoughts on ichigo's power is that kubo changes his mind on how powerful his creations actually are i mean ichigo beat byakuya with bankai and was no match for grimjow but then got his mask he beat him, and he beat zaraki with shikai were zaraki beat someone stronger than grimjow with bloody kendo,
    i think to make ichigo a better person kubo will just have to remeber how powerful he is

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zangetsu = Shirosaki. They are the same thing which one appears depends on which power is dominant shinigami or hollow.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast