Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gundam Series

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gundam Series

Anybody read Gundam mangas??? Like Gundam Wing, G, Seed, etc. I read it..Anyone else???

Adding Premise by Icecoldsoul18 - Gold Knight

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsoul18
    Basically the idea of Gundam is the idea of giant robots beating the crap out of each other. They're basically supposed to be future military technology and is the story of war using these robots. There are several different animes for gundam such as Gundam Wing, G Gundam, Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny, Mobile Suit Gundam 08 (i think that was the number) and there might be a few more i'm not remembering. In some of them the gundams battle as far out as in outer space. Gundam Wing, and Gundam Seed are two of the more popular gundam series, both of which involve humans living out in outer space in what is known as colonies. In both series there is eventually war between the colonies and the Earth as they battle over something. If you like mech anime, then you'll probably like the gundam series. (Note: while there are different animes for gundam, none of them really have any connection to each other. With the exception of Gundam Seed Destiny which is the continuation of Gundam Seed.)
    Spoiler show
    <br />

Intl Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gundam

Were there any then :P. I liked the Anime (Seed, Seed Destiny, Zeta)

Natsu image by Echoes1@Deviant

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt know the gundam series is considered to be seinen O.o"

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i've seen the anime for gundam wing, some of g gundam, and i own gundam seed. seed is actually my favorite anime. i also own some of that manga.

MH's Peacemaker 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Leen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith
    I didnt know the gundam series is considered to be seinen O.o"
    Same here. I am surprised to see Gundam here myself even though I dont watch/read it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

seen most of the gundam series i would say gundam seed and victory gundam are my fav
    thought gundams are mostly shounen

Post Thanks / Like

i don't read the manga but i do watch the anime..gundam seed destiny..so far until episode 32..
    what i don't understand is
    Spoiler show

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

What is Gundam about? Will somebody give me a premise, please?

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, basically boy jumps into Giant Robot, fights ensue, etc. Something about human colonies rebelling from Earth. There's a whole intricate timeline and stuff, but exactly *how* it clasifies as "seinen", me know not.

Most likely, this thread was started in this particular forum by mistake. I suggest it be moved. Pronto. A la voz de ya. (<- actual Spanish in use by actual native Spanish speaker alert.)

In a few hours I should be able to post my translation for chapter 1 of Mizushou so we can all bask in the knowledge of what constitutes "adult-oriented manga". With seishun. Right, Taylor?

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄) 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity njt's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

right . moves to different area
    Serizawa: But it's really heartwarming to see such good guys - perhaps not as good as we wanted, translation-wise, but their hearts are already grade A
    If you see a mistake in my translations, let me know! Thanks Click a frog to see my Resume!!

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Iwanin.

Okay, returning back to topic. Carry on, Gundam fans, if any of you're out there.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    What is Gundam about?  Will somebody give me a premise, please?
    Basically the idea of Gundam is the idea of giant robots beating the crap out of each other. They're basically supposed to be future military technology and is the story of war using these robots. There are several different animes for gundam such as Gundam Wing, G Gundam, Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny, Mobile Suit Gundam 08 (i think that was the number) and there might be a few more i'm not remembering. In some of them the gundams battle as far out as in outer space. Gundam Wing, and Gundam Seed are two of the more popular gundam series, both of which involve humans living out in outer space in what is known as colonies. In both series there is eventually war between the colonies and the Earth as they battle over something. If you like mech anime, then you'll probably like the gundam series. (Note: while there are different animes for gundam, none of them really have any connection to each other. With the exception of Gundam Seed Destiny which is the continuation of Gundam Seed.)

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I think I know the robots you're talking about. Reminded me a little of Transformers.

Thanks, Ice.

And I've just added your premise to the first post.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a BIG fan of gundam i've seen almost every incarnation of it. each series has it's own special charm!! and watching them in the correct order helps because each universe has alot of history!! Uhh.. i don't know what seinen means but, it sounds like it's giving props to Gundam!!!! Gundam is one of the great animes!!

p.s. Always remember to watch animes with original Japanese voices and subtitles(english voice-overs are ghey), except for Gundam Wing english voice-overs that was more than tolerable!!

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

There are some good gundam manga out there, but does anyone have crossbone gundam. It's the continuition from the Gundam f-91 movie.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast