Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Hints from Mangaka

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hints from Mangaka

ok, i kinda skipped to the end here, so i don't if this theory was mentioned, but i think the dragon picture with allen + tim is Hevlaska: the designs are pretty much the same, provided she actually has a face =3

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty Re: Hints from Mangaka

I don't know if anyone else has noticed/mentioned this yet, but in this page we see the symbol on Leverrier/Revellier/Hitler-guy's necktieribbonbuttoncrestwhatever(I do not know what it is called x'D):
    http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/149/03/

It's kind of hard to see it, so I looked up on the raw and found a better quality one (aah my English is awkward, I know.. I just cannot find any better words, sorry):
    Spoiler show

To me it looks like the Holy Grail o.o What do you think? And could this have something to do with what Leverrier *really* is after ('cuz we agree he's not just after winning the war, right? )? ahh I adore this manga! You really do find something new everytime you read it! ^_^ Hoshino and her assistants sure are amazing

Ahem, since no one seemed interested in my last post (;_; ) I decided to double-post because I'm awesome like that EDIT: A well, It merged anyway so no harm done xD

I wanted to discuss Rhodes first name. Yes Rhode, not Road, It bugs me that the Viz translators and a lot of people think her name is Road D: Her japanese name is written the same as Rhode in for example Rhode Island, and I think that name holds more symbolism..
    For example:
    Rhode was a Greek goddess from the Iliad, and while I don't see a direct connection with Rhode (she was one of the oldest oceanids, and gave the name to the island Rhodes) it fits a lot more than 'Road', also I kinda like that
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by relory; May 20, 2010 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive discussed the Oceanids view on things With some people before (in private chat not forums). So its a possibility. Her name as well as that of some others are directly linked to historical/mythical entities/people. For instance Aleister Crowley, he was a somewhat excentric figure at the time and a member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn < a magical order.
    Well anyways its derived of some other order again and they got this symbol on the same page btw.Rose Cross

So there is a lot of symbolism derived from many religions etc. And same goes for the names including Roads. Btw her last name is Camelot, this name only refers to 1 place/name in history/mythology and thats Camelot of king Arthur. But i dunno how to place this yet ^^

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fullmoon's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: Hints from Mangaka

Wow, I never realize thats Timcanpi but it does convince me, I've always wonder why it looks so different with other golems
    Quote Originally Posted by gorbal View Post
    I wonder if she left any hints for us in this picture of Allen's bedroom.

Spoiler show
    A weird taste Allen got there or maybe it actually makes sense consider the 14th part.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aracely's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by relory View Post
    I wanted to discuss Rhodes first name. Yes Rhode, not Road, It bugs me that the Viz translators and a lot of people think her name is Road D: Her japanese name is written the same as Rhode in for example Rhode Island, and I think that name holds more symbolism..
    'Rhode' does have a lot of interesting symbolism, and I think it could still be relevant to Road, but I'm afraid you do have your facts wrong about her name. Her name is Road. Hoshino put out a list of how to spell the characters' romanised names, which was shown in both the anime and the manga, and she included the spellings in Gray Ark, too. It's Road; Viz and the fans who use Road are the ones using the correct spelling. Sorry.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon View Post
    Wow, I never realize thats Timcanpi but it does convince me, I've always wonder why it looks so different with other golems

A weird taste Allen got there or maybe it actually makes sense consider the 14th part.
    As i recall, that isn't Allen's actual room. It's the closet he had to use after Komurin-whatever-number-it-was destroyed his room right after the Ghost of Matel arc (where he was with Kanda on mission). But yes, even if it isn't Allen, who ever stored that closet, has an awesomely-odd sense of style. But, knowing that the 14th can play piano (be it even if it is only that one song), i'd think he'd be more of the classical type of person. but i dunno. Host and noah personality can be totally different...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aracely View Post
    'Rhode' does have a lot of interesting symbolism, and I think it could still be relevant to Road, but I'm afraid you do have your facts wrong about her name. Her name is Road. Hoshino put out a list of how to spell the characters' romanised names, which was shown in both the anime and the manga, and she included the spellings in Gray Ark, too. It's Road; Viz and the fans who use Road are the ones using the correct spelling. Sorry.
    is that so? godammit I was wrong >_< it's a shame x'D But thanks for telling me *Goes to lock up symbolism for the name 'Road' instead*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really hints, exactly, but the names of the Noah all have meanings.

The 1st Apostle, "Earl of Millennium (Sennen Hakushaku)"
    第1使徒「千年伯爵 (せんねんはくしゃく)」

The 2nd Apostle, "Judgment (Tryd)"
    第2使徒「裁(トライド)」

The 3rd Apostle, "Pleasure (Joyd)"
    第3使徒「快楽(ジョイド)」

The 4th Apostle, "Greed (Desires)"
    第4使徒「欲(デザイアス)」

The 5th Apostle, "Intelligence (Wisely)"
    第5使徒「智(ワイズリー)」

The 6th Apostle, "Consumption (Feedra)"
    第6使徒「蝕(フィードラ)」

The 7th Apostle, "Compassion (Mercyma)"
    第7使徒「恤(マーシーマ)」

The 8th Apostle, "Anger (Wrathra)"
    第8使徒「怒(ラースラ」

The 9th Apostle, "Illusion (Road)"
    第9使徒「夢(ロード)」

The 10th & 11th Apostles, "Connection (Bondem)"
    第10・11使徒「絆(ボンドム)」

The 12th Apostle, "Sensuality (Luster)"
    第12使徒「色」(ラストル)

The 13th Apostle, "Skill (Mightra)"
    第13使徒「能(マイトラ)」

The 14th Apostle, "Musician (Soushya)"
    第14使徒「奏者(そうしゃ)」

Try (to judge), Joy (to feel pleasure), Desire (to feel greed), Wise (to be intelligent), Feed (to consume), Mercy (to be compassionate), Wrath (to feel anger), Road (???), Bond (to be connected), Lust (to feel sensual), Might (to be skilled).

9. Thanks 10 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't know what you guys think about this but i think hoshino was giving a hint that allen was the 14th here http://www.cloudmanga.com/D.Gray-Man/56/2/
    and this was after allen found out he was the 14th http://www.cloudmanga.com/D.Gray-Man/182/12/ the two skeletons seem pretty similar and appear to be connected to the 14th

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm~ this one is kinda obvious xD

Spoiler show
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner HD-ray's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I must say that is one intresting hint, i wounder if that will be Allen's new Innocence if he combines Mugen with Crowned Clown.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Waaah that would be cool xD
    Well, Kanda didn't left his Innocence for nothing xD

Using 2 innocence, he's following Cross' steps xD
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe latest chapter (ch200) brought another hint??

Spoiler show

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6