Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Konohamaru Gaiden!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ken-Oh's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Konohamaru Gaiden!

Random bit of fun but since Kishimoto has decided to ignore the fact that he is writting a Shonen Manga i think he should do an amusing side-story about one of the most over looked characters, Konohamaru!

His team is geared for comical value with Udon the lazy geek, Moegi the ditzy girl and Ebisu the closte pervert in charge. Thescharacters including Konohamaru, could bring back some hilarity to the now dull story.

As well as this it could be an oppourtunity to show Konohamaru's skills, how much he has progreesed in the time-skip and most importanty give the character more depth. He should be shown as a hero like Sandaime and Asuma Sarutobi.

Anyone got any other fun side story ideas?
    Feel free to have fun with that idea those of you who enjoy a bit of fanfic, there is more than enough of you out there writting fake spoilers every week anyway.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black/Light's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Konohamaru Gaiden!

. . .I actually think that the Konohamaru Gaiden should be the end of the series.

I always saw it as something like this. . .
    Konohamaru is the Kage and he reflects for about 20-50 chaps about his life, his time on team Naruto (we all know Naruto is the one who will teach him) and how Naruto became the kage and what happened to him and the others.

Like. . . a recapping. I don't know how they plain to end this manga but I surely hope it ends on the right note cause I don't like the DBZ effect that popular manga/ anime face (Going on forever and ever simply because of money, regardless of what the creator wanted. To think. . . .DBZ's maker wanted Goku to be dead and gone after the freeza sega and he wanted Gohan to take the place of Goku after the Cell sega yet we still have SS level 4 Goku and s***).

IMO a recap gaiden that last as long as a, say, 40 chap volume could show some definding event's Konohamaru had on team Naruto (comical too), some definding events in Naruto's adult years, show us how he became the Kage and how he died from Knh's point of view.

It could even give a nice, clean resolve for things like " Who does naruto get with, Hinata or Sak? Did Sas rebuild his clan? What becomes of this inner fight Naruto has with the Kyb?" etc etc etc. . .

I think that that would be the prefect creative approch to ending the Manga. (as in, end it with Konohamaru's Gaiden and maybe make smaller gaidens after that to fill in the blanks for other characters) Kish has done a great job at MAKING characters that we all love in Part one. . .. but there doesn't seem to be enuff time to please us all with their devilopment so I think that would be a good end.

But yeah, I think Knh should get some kinda screen time with his team at some point. This manga has been WAAYYY too dry to humor sence the shg over-took Kish's mind.
    Last edited by Black/Light; April 22, 2008 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    YES WE CAN!!
    (>^_^)> <(^_^<) <3

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kusachu's Avatar
    Sasuke doesn't kill people, they fight him and then kill themselves.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always, for some odd, creepy reason, just want Konohamaru to hook up with Hanabi...

I mean...they both come from prominent families and all...it could work. lol

That's really all I have to add to the conversation except to say it sounds like a fun idea.

OH! Well, they could do something between him and Naruto, like a mission together, or training or something. Or like Black/Light said, have some sort of ending where Konohamaru is old and reflecting on his life and all, and it could tell the final tale of Naruto in some way, like Konohamaru fighting him for the title (of course) or something like that. *shrug*

[TiDhA.info]
    "My heart was calm and still. Still and pure. However, it was purely evil. The only thing I desired was to grow stronger." ~Vegeta

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ken-Oh's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black/Light View Post
    . . .I actually think that the Konohamaru Gaiden should be the end of the series.

I always saw it as something like this. . .
    Konohamaru is the Kage and he reflects for about 20-50 chaps about his life, his time on team Naruto (we all know Naruto is the one who will teach him) and how Naruto became the kage and what happened to him and the others.
    Thas quite a cool idea but then Kishimoto would have to do another timeskip which would be kind of pointless. Another timeskip could be used to tell the story of Konohamaru before moving back to the main story.

New Reply