Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts On Tsukabishi Tessai

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Inchao's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Thoughts On Tsukabishi Tessai

Ok,so,does anyone remembered this man at all??He's the one loyal subordinate of Urahara under his Urahara Shoten group.He's like the co-owner of the store and his appearance is simple,an apron & corn-row (?) hairstyle.Actually,nope,he's not that simple man that you see.He's the one that bare handedly handle a few Hollows in one of the episodes we have seen.He's the one that fearlessly stayed in the hole with Ichigo when Urahara tries to power-up Ichigo and he is also the one that cast Bakudou#99 perfectly without breaking a single sweat and WITHOUT the incantation.Even Aizen only use Hadou#90 (imperfectly) without the incantation which we don't know if that is his real strength.Anyway,he is an ally yet to be reckoned with,remember that even Ururu can take down Ilfort (?) when she's in that Hollow destroyer mode plus Jinta too hasn't been indulged thoroughly.

I think they all might be souls in Gigai like most Shinigami are when they're in the real world.Tessai might be in the Kidoushuu.He too said that the Quincy War 200 years ago brings back memories when he talked with Rukia about it!!

P/S:

1.I hope to see him (plus Ururu & Jinta) in one of the episodes of Gaiden Arc!!

2.Sorry Gigantor,I thought that the title you made sounds like official character discussion that's why I copied it =P
    Last edited by Inchao; April 08, 2008 at 02:54 AM.
    The strength of 10 divisions!!!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Tsukabishi Tessai

I agree that Tessai is likely from SS and probably a high-ranking member of the Kidou Corps. To perform a level 99 spell without incantation at presumably full-power, as it seemed that he did have the opportunity at least for the first part of the spell to say the incantation if he thought that he could not perform it at full power, suggests that Tessai has an amazing mastery of kidou.

Hopefully, he will show up in the gaiden, and his relationship to Urahara will be explained.

I still am not sure what Jinta and Ururu are exactly, especially Ururu, because she just does not seem normal at all. I'd also like to see them make an appearance during this gaiden.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Ururu and Jinta seems to be a creation of Urahara...Thats very likely...Tessai is harder to guess...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Tessai is able to use the most powerful spell easily, even if he hasn't zanpakutou(apparently), and I don't believe he's Urahara creation, then could be very possible that he defected together after the gaiden plot;

Another possibility is that Tessai knows Hacchi, both of them use kidou based powers, and still Hacchi hasn't showed up in gaiden

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by patedecarne View Post
    Tessai is able to use the most powerful spell easily, even if he hasn't zanpakutou(apparently), and I don't believe he's Urahara creation, then could be very possible that he defected together after the gaiden plot;

Another possibility is that Tessai knows Hacchi, both of them use kidou based powers, and still Hacchi hasn't showed up in gaiden
    He might know Hacchi, but there is nothing so far that would indicate that. I have heard theories that Hachi might also be in the Kidou Corps, and if Tessai was also in the Kidou Corps, then they probably knew each other, but basing solely on the two of them using kidou is a rather tenuous argument.

Plus, I think that Tessai might also know something about hakuda as well. Here we see Tessai defeating a hollow using what would likely fall into the category of hakuda; so, Tessai is perhaps a little more well-rounded than just being considered kidou-based.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I was saying Ururu and Jinta is Urahara's creation or just his friends from SS. Tessai is most likely his friend too.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Inchao's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes,seeing each one of the current characters are recurring.I bet we will see him in the Gaiden Arc.What is his relationship with Urahara & what kind of species he is lol.Is he even a Shinigami then what division,rank or other corps he is in?They will soon be answered!
    The strength of 10 divisions!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he was an ancient shinigami, specialized in Kidou.
    Maybe an ex-vice captain, I think it'd make sense.
    And I think he has a zanpakuto but we haven't seen it yet.
    Maybe he was in the 4th division, so it'd explain why he's so good at kidou.
    And he seems a little like the doctor at Urahara's shop, am I wrong?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anyarel View Post
    And I think he has a zanpakuto but we haven't seen it yet.
    Didn't he use a big hammer during a Hollow attack? The handle of the hammer could have been his zanpakuto. Urahara disguises his sword as a cane alike and so does Yama.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tessai! good call Inchao!

i always though this guy was one of the best obscure characters in the manga. i mean this cat is doin level 99 bakudou and killin hollows with his bare hands(so far no one else has done this). i really like the idea of him being a high ranking member of the kidou corps and if he pops up in this pendulum arc i'll be happy.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone from the Royal guard? Hes good so he must be a captain...A very far-fetched idea would be he is a kenpachi...Imagine that!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Pollux's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he was a "normal" shinigami (not a vaizard nor Urahara's creation or whatever), perhaps from the 2nd squad, just like Urahara. As my reasoning is based on chapter -106, I prefered to put it in spoiler tags, just in case some of you haven't read it yet.
    Spoiler show
    [insert cool looking and funny signature here]

The French Hangout Thread is dead. Click here to revive it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL @ the "Your Thoughts On..." prefix in the title.

I'm really hoping we'll see all three of them--Tessai, Jinta and Ururu--but Tessai is the one I'm most curious about. Using a Level 99 Bakudo with no problem, when Aizen struggled with a 90-level Hakudo, suggests this guy knows what he's doing. Also, it seems that he has the longest relationship with Urahara (though not as much as Yoruichi), so I'd love to see when and how they met.

My guess is that he was part of the inaugural R&D deparment. He doesn't look like the nimble ninja type, so being in the Executive Militia seems like a bit much. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd been in Division 2, though, since his hand-to-hand skills are good too.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nice topic - tessai is such a mysterious yet forgotten character. i think him being part of the 2nd division is very likely since both urahara and yoruichi were part of it, as well as his obvious skill in hand-to-hand combat and kido. i think pollux's idea of him being a jailer is nice. it seems like a good fit. perhaps tessai never uses or carries his zanpaktou because he's not used to wielding one. maybe he feels more comfortable bare-handed since that's what he was used to as a jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by IchigoSoul View Post
    A very far-fetched idea would be he is a kenpachi...Imagine that!!!
    that would be an interesting twist, but i don't think so. i don't think any kenpachi would ever be caught dead using kido

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tessai is definitely one of the interesting characters. If anything, I would agree w/ some of u that he is in the kido corp.
    As for the other two, I read somewhere that they were mod souls. Not sure where though because they aren't shinigami and most def not humans

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast