Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [HOT] Interviews with Kishimoto

Itachi's Hat Maker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted kadoman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interview with Kishimoto

Just to be clear: the ha! ha! was typed exactly as it appears in the interview. It wasn't my own little addition.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    You never mentioned anything about the "Ha ha"
    Like this?
    Quote Quote:
    I want to continue “people accepting other people,” theme. I also want to put in ‘romance’ that I wasn’t able to in part one (laughs). It seems difficult though.(laughs).
    :]

Ermm
    Quote Quote:
    There is a chance - though not soon. There are about 50 questions and it's a matter of getting time to type them all out (I don't have a scanner). I'll see if I can do something like that at the weekend.
    please it's more then two weeks now... =P

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member C4animax's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

thx for the interview, i always wanted to read the full one..maybe after the final of worldcup you would be kind enough to wright it in full ^^ for us.

Edit : I found those interviews (it seems that they are different) here and there:

Some samples from naruto-kun.com

Quote Quote:
    Shonen Jump Question:
    Naruto and Sasuke kiss (accidentally) in the first chapter where they appear together. Does this add a special dimension to their rivalry?
    Shonen Jump Question:
    How did you develop the chakra power system in Naruto? Are you interested in East Indian mysticism?
    Find answers and the rest of the interview at : http://www.naruto-kun.com/naruto+man...kishimoto.html

Some samples from redbrick.com

Quote Quote:
    - Well, to begin with, the title of the first chapter is "Uzumaki Naruto". I
    believe you also read various manga during your childhood, but what do you see
    as a true "protagonist"?
    - So, when you designed Naruto's costume, did you reference any brands or
    designers, or a specific person?
    Find answers and the rest of the interview at : http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~pazuzu/uzumaki.txt
    My new website, you can upload whatever you want on it : http://www.full-stream.org enjoy. (should be uploading naruto episode on it soon)

Get your naruto wallpapers here at http://meganime.ovh.org that's what all ninjas do anyway and you?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member glasskatana's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for posting this Kadoman. Hmmmm, if you ever get around to it or find someone who has the time to it would be greatly appreciated to have the rest of the questions and answers put down on these forums... Perhaps we could sticky it in a thread called "interviews with Kishi" and update it every time a new one comes out.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glasskatana
    thanks for posting this Kadoman. Hmmmm, if you ever get around to it or find someone who has the time to it would be greatly appreciated to have the rest of the questions and answers put down on these forums... Perhaps we could sticky it in a thread called "interviews with Kishi" and update it every time a new one comes out.
    Well, I got around to it Glasskatana! Haah! Sorry it took so long! As far as I know, this is the latest interview...well, the book it appears in about a month old...maybe a little over? I don't know about sticking it as we already have so many things stickied currently, but thanks for the suggestion!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interview with Kishimoto UPDATE with all 58 questions.

There was another interview in a recent issue of Shonen Jump, I'll type it here as well for anybody interested.

SJ: Do you keep up with baseball, or any other American sports?

MK: American sports? Well, since there's an American football manga, Eyeshield 21, serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump, I sometimes watch football games on TV. And there's basketball... but in the end, I think baseball is my favorite, since I used to play the sport. I could have never imagined that Japanese players would make it to the ranks of Major League Baseball.

SJ: Has there been anything you've wanted to do in the manga you haven't put in yet?

MK: As ideas come to me, I try to include them. With the volumes of Naruto manga that I've put out so far, I've already done most of the things I wanted to do. So now I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Well, I haven't really written about romantic relationships...

SJ: How do you manage to keep coming up with exciting ideas for fights and stories?

MK: I do it by listening to music that fits the scenes I'm drawing.

SJ: What kind of music?

MK: I listen to all genres, both Japanese and Western - as in non-Japanese - especially movie soundtracks and game music.

SJ: What do you like the most about Jump Fiesta?

MK: I get to meet the readers and find out what they are actually like. It's a nice change of scenery, since I'm usually confined in my room drawing manga.

SJ: Do you actually get to feel the popularity of your work at Jump Fiesta?

MK: No... it doesn't feel all that real to me.

SJ: We're just starting to get the Naruto video games in the U.S. - could you tell us which Naruto video game was your favorite, and why?

MK: I play all those games at least once. I like the ones that have fighting.

SJ: Do you play other games?

MK: Yes, I play different kinds of games on different platforms. I have them all: Nintendo, Sega, and Sony. And Xbox.

SJ: Are you afraid of snakes?

MK: Yes, I'm not fond of them. I like the details of the skin, but not the snake itself.

SJ: Do you have any messages for the American fans?

MK: America is vast in its land and its audience. The sense of entertainment is outstanding, incomparable to any other country. France, of course, is known for people with taste, but when it comes to entertainment and showmanship, there's nothing like Hollywood. Disney especially has technologies that are second to none. So I'm very glad that my work is accepted by an audience with such discerning eyes.

* Masashi Kishimoto agreed to answer these questions in the voice of Kakashi, mentor to Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura.*

KAKASHI SPEAKS!

SJ: How have your three students surprised you thus far?

MK as "Kakashi": Surprised? I'm very calculating, so I'm not that easy to "surprise." *Laughs* However... Naruto is very active and does whatever he wants to do. But surprisingly, he always does his best. He is a hard worker. Sasuke is an elite ninja, sure, but he turns out to be not all that useful - he's rather sloppy. So rather than being surprised, I'm disappointed. Sakura is easily excited but has a good memory.

SJ: Which is stronger: sand or sound?

MK as *Kakashi*: Hmm, in the end, I think sound prevails.

SJ: Which of your three students would make the best ninja instructor?

MK as *Kakashi*: I think it would be Sakura. She has flaws in her personality, like stalking Sasuke. But Sakura is the closest to being normal. Naruto is stupid, and Sasuke is not a teacher-type. He keeps to himself.

SJ: What's the worst thing your teacher did to you when you were training to be a ninja?

[ Kishimoto-sensei spent a long time pondering this, showing us how difficult the question is for Kakashi. ]

MK as *Kakashi*: I was an excellent student, so I never suffered.

Edited colour for the benefit of standing out and thanks GK! - K

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member walkie's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

waoww...hearing from kakashi was good..i want more

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted destinator's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice and I agree on the Anko thing...I would like to know much much more about her and her relationship to Orochimaru...

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks a lot Kadoman. It was fun reading the comments, though I don't believe many of the answers.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member lee-nus's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for posting kado and GK, it was a good read!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lee-nus
    thanks for posting kado and GK, it was a good read!
    GK!?
    Tiger, Tiger.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

See a few posts above, ibra87

And no problem lee-nus

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member glasskatana's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kadoman, Gold Knight...
    I love you guys.

EDIT: OMG, How could we have been so blind. It was right there the whole time.
    Quote Originally Posted by kishimoto
    Q. If you could choose to switch places with a character from Naruto for a day, whom would you choose and why?
    A. Naruto. I’d use the Clone Jutsu to finish my work faster!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87
    thanks a lot Kadoman. It was fun reading the comments, though I don't believe many of the answers.

Yeah, I gotta agree with you there. I felt some of the answers were a bit contrived...as though you could tell he is contracted by Shonen to do these sorts of interviews from time to time (probably reluctantly) and there are conditions to his answers, you know; he is representing Shonen and they probably wouldn't want him coming out with anything too radical or controversial.

Like the one about what would you do if the world was going to end? And he answers with, "I'd work harder to stop it from happening!" I was like WTF? Wasn't he allowed to say what he'd really do? Not give a shit? It's like, no, we gotta promote hard work at all times! Even when the world's going to end, you must still work hard!

The other thing to keep in mind is that the whole interview was part of the promotion of the anime in the west and I wonder if he *really* watches it religiously and takes heaps of notice of it (it wouldn't do if the mangaka says he hates the anime, or never watches it). I guess he does, and is influenced by it up to a point - but I reckon he's actually pretty tunnel visioned about his manga.

Still, it was good for some answers re: Anko and that Sasuke is most difficult to draw etc

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    See a few posts above, ibra87

And no problem lee-nus
    Oh there? Didn't notive before, heh. Thanks a lot. I really enjoyed the "kakashi" interview.

@Kadoman: Yeah, these questions were enjoyable. No wonder he's having fun drawing lee. Lee just seems easy to draw.
    But there was one question I didn't understand very well (actually the answer of it). When they ask if he wants to apologize to the anime producers about anything, he mentions a couple of things. First was the seal, which is understandable because it had the design of that figure. But why the chunning vest and the others things?
    Tiger, Tiger.

New Reply
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast