Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 730

Thread: [HOT] Interviews with Kishimoto

  1. #511
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Truefan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Looking over Sasuke's gravestone with joy
    Country
    Jamaica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Interviews with Kishimoto

    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Naruto's turn will come.
    It's only normal to see Sasuke falling into the darkness and getting stronger, because the task must seem impossible to Naruto.

    It's just like Griffith in Berserk.
    We just had a full year of Griffith, and now we're going back to Gattsu.

    At some point, the focus will go on Naruto and how he will get stronger, start to save the world... and ultimately, he will save/kill Sasuke.
    I would not hold my breath this is kishi we are talking about
    Last edited by Truefan21; December 28, 2009 at 02:49 AM.
    For those who thank forums are for praise and worship think again http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=157

  2. #512
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kusachu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sasuke doesn't kill people, they fight him and then kill themselves.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,875
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Interviews with Kishimoto

    Wow, this interview has made fan enthusiasm really low. Lots of hate in the air...and in the story. Hate, hate, hate, all day long... I'm no different. I've even begun seeing other manga.

    Don't go to TiDhA. It's dead. Japanese porn has overtaken it.
    "My heart was calm and still. Still and pure. However, it was purely evil. The only thing I desired was to grow stronger." ~Vegeta

  3. #513
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member The_Drunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Interviews with Kishimoto

    nobody besides that one person has confirmed the interview. I saw the pics and they really do look fake. They look like something one of the reviewers would have made. So I've read everything after that and I haven't seen anyone else confirm it. Even after that person said to go get the magazine. So... the question is.. is it real? or fan made.

  4. #514
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Truefan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Looking over Sasuke's gravestone with joy
    Country
    Jamaica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Interviews with Kishimoto

    its the real interview, its on other sites, that have confirmed it
    For those who thank forums are for praise and worship think again http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=157

  5. #515
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member WereMongoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Interviews with Kishimoto

    The interview gives me the impression Kishimoto isn't interested in giving real answers. A lot of his answers were questions which in my experience means two things: A. doesn't really want to answer questions so pulls something out of his ass or B. The answers are so painfully obvious, he is using rhetorical questions.

    I'm going with A here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kusachu View Post
    Wow, this interview has made fan enthusiasm really low. Lots of hate in the air...and in the story. Hate, hate, hate, all day long... I'm no different. I've even begun seeing other manga.
    Well at least that means things are most likely to get better than what people expect. Or they could get fan base-breaking bad (SHIPPING WARS!!!!!).
    Last edited by WereMongoose; December 30, 2009 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #516
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SeventhPath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    746
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Interviews with Kishimoto

    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Naruto's turn will come.
    It's only normal to see Sasuke falling into the darkness and getting stronger, because the task must seem impossible to Naruto.

    It's just like Griffith in Berserk.
    We just had a full year of Griffith, and now we're going back to Gattsu.
    The 2010 year is pretty clearly summarised in the interview:

    First, it's Sasuke Danzou battle. With Itachi appearing, the chances of Danzou surviving dropped like a rock; Danzou has a small chance of escaping in order to ally with Kabuto - but it's only a small chance (Kishi already wasted a lot more development than just the pannels he used to set this alliance up). I think Sasuke - after Itachi's apparition/discussion? - will focus his revenge on Madara: The main character has to be likeable, after all.
    Kakashi will probably retrieve Sakura before she meets Sasuke during this arc. If she does get to see Sasuke, it's most likely for her to have a revelation: "~Sasuke is not all bad! I can save him!"

    Then, it's Kakashi becoming Hokage; I think his enemy will be Kabuto. Sakura acting "heroically" means she'll have something to do this year - probably helping fight Kabuto.

    As for Naruto, he's just there, not really doing anything. If you're a Naruto fan, the good news is that Kishi decided to stop humiliating Naruto; the character will be allowed to do some reasonably cool things (training, talking to Shikamaru) as long as he stays away from the main plot. The most you can expect from Naruto in 2010 is to have a part in the Kabuto battle - but it will be nothing decisive - Kakashi WILL LOOK GOOD (for the first time in the manga).

    2011 will probably start with Sasuke's fight with HIS final villain - Madara. Sasuke will defeat/kill Madara. Now, AT THE LATEST, Sasuke will gain EMS.

    Then I expect the Naruto Sasuke fight to take place (if Kishi decides to make it a battle; it could very well be a peaceful reunion). Here Naruto will accomplish the only real role he had in the manga after, in 2008, Kishi retconned the Uchiha history (including creating Madara, Sasuke's final villain) in order to make Sasuke the main character.
    This will probably be the last arc of the manga.

    At the very end, Naruto may (or may not) become Hokage. He will probably end up with Hinata (but don't expect development on this issue - Naruto is just not important enought anymore).
    There is a chance of Sasuke dying - but I find it highly improbable. He will most likely be converted and end up with Sakura (the 2010 interview established that Kishi changed his mind - throwing away whole chapters of development - and will make Sakura Sasuke's girl).

    Quote Quote:
    At some point, the focus will go on Naruto and how he will get stronger, start to save the world... and ultimately, he will save/kill Sasuke.
    You know, THM Nindo, when the peace motif was first introduced, I, too, thought that Kishi did it in order to give Naruto an important plot thread of his own.

    I was mistaking.

    Kishi introduced the Uchiha/Senju rivalry and "bringing peace" became "if Naruto saves Sasuke - ending the Uchiha/Senju cicle of hatred - Naruto will bring peace".
    It's an overstreched and logically inconsistent motif: saving Sasuke is much easier than bringing peace to the world. I read a comparison on this forum: saving Sasuke is like solving the first - and easiest - mathematical problem from a book containing hundreds/thousands of problems (which represent bringing peace).

    But then again, Kishi never intended to make Naruto bring peace to the world. All Kishi wanted by introducing the "bringing peace" theme was to give a respectable excuse to Naruto's obsession for Sasuke (which we now know will be Naruto's motivation until the end of the manga). I say "excuse", NOT "reason" because this excuse doesn't stand up to scrutiny - but then again, Kishi never bothered to make the manga logically consistent - there are plot-holes all over the place.


    Quote Originally Posted by WereMongoose View Post
    The interview gives me the impression Kishimoto isn't interested in giving real answers. A lot of his answers were questions which in my experience means two things: A. doesn't really want to answer questions so pulls something out of his ass or B. The answers are so painfully obvious, he is using rhetorical questions.

    I'm going with A here.
    I disagree.
    Kishi gave a lot of answers in this interview: http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=576454.

    He established that Naruto's humiliation from the last half a year was not there to develop Naruto, to bring him out of his obsession for Sasuke - indeed, Naruto's personality and motivation won't change until the end of the manga, when the Naruto Sasuke battle will take place (if it takes place - who knows, maybe it will be an amiable encounter).
    Also, Naruto will stay in the background in 2010, being a standard secondary character - in 2010 the main plot will be focused on Sasuke, then Kakashi.
    Also, Kishi clearly established that Sakura - the main heroine - loves Sasuke, Naruto being just a friend: "Naruto is close and she worries about Naruto as well, but as expected, she [loves] Sasuke".

    In other words, Kishi doesn't even pretend anymore that Naruto is the main character.
    Sasuke, as of now, clearly is the main character - and he'll remain so for the rest of the manga. Madara is Sasuke's final villain.
    Last edited by SeventhPath; December 30, 2009 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #517
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Interviews with Kishimoto

    Madara was created long before 2008. There were two statues at the Valley of the End, after all.

    And the Uchiha history wasn't really retconned either.

  10. #518
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    France
    Posts
    924
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Interviews with Kishimoto

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaX View Post
    Madara was created long before 2008. There were two statues at the Valley of the End, after all.
    Kakashi compared Sasuke and Naruto to Madara and Shodai.
    Guess what, he wondered if it was Naruto's fate to be killed there by Sasuke.
    It clearly means Shodai was supposed to have been killed by Madara.

    Now, we are wondering how Shodai (who beat Madara who was strong enough to conquer the world by himself according to Tsuchikage) managed to be killed in battle at an early age. It probably won't be explained. Or why he was so crappy against Sandaime when Sandaime himself said he was at full power.

    Quote Quote:
    And the Uchiha history wasn't really retconned either.
    It's entirely retcon. Otherwise, the senjus would have been mentioned waaaaaay earlier. Kishi failed to mention the clan when the zombies kages were introduced, when Tsunade was introduced, when she was named hokage and when Danzou was introduced (as the guy who refuses th principles of the Senju)

  11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #519
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SeventhPath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    746
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Interviews with Kishimoto

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaX View Post
    Madara was created long before 2008. There were two statues at the Valley of the End, after all.

    And the Uchiha history wasn't really retconned either.
    Before 2008, Madara was dead.
    In 2008, Kishi retconned Tobi (a character which has nothing in common with Madara) into Madara.

    Also, Kishi retconned the Senju into existence, the Uchiha as being persecuted, Itachi into a saint with a plan for Sasuke that makes no sense - unless certain HIGHLY IMPROBABLE AND UNCONTROLLABLE events took place.

    Plot hole over plot hole piled up in order to make Sasuke the main character - probably because by that point, Sasuke was higher in the popularity polls than Naruto.
    Now, Sasuke has a new intermediate villain (Danzou) and a new final villain (Madara).

    You might be interested to know that probably, Itachi was Sasuke's final villain (and his motivation would have been to take Sasuke's eyes).
    Also, Pain was most likely intended to be Naruto's final villain and the last villain in the manga - as in Pain is nobody's subordinate, the eye in the moon scheme is Pain's plan, the revival of the villagers is the climactic point in the manga after which Naruto becomes Hokage and assumes the "bring peace to the world" task.

  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #520
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Interviews with Kishimoto

    Quote Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
    It's entirely retcon. Otherwise, the senjus would have been mentioned waaaaaay earlier. Kishi failed to mention the clan when the zombies kages were introduced, when Tsunade was introduced, when she was named hokage and when Danzou was introduced (as the guy who refuses th principles of the Senju)
    No. It just means it wasn't mentioned before. A retcon has to change already established continuity. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it a retcon.

    Alternatively, it's because no one actually cares about the Senju clan apart from the Uchiha.

    EDIT: Also, please provide some evidence that Tobi wasn't always intended to reveal himself as Madara.

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #521
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,859
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Interviews with Kishimoto

    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhPath View Post
    Before 2008, Madara was dead.
    In 2008, Kishi retconned Tobi (a character which has nothing in common with Madara) into Madara.

    Also, Kishi retconned the Senju into existence, the Uchiha as being persecuted, Itachi into a saint with a plan for Sasuke that makes no sense - unless certain HIGHLY IMPROBABLE AND UNCONTROLLABLE events took place.

    Plot hole over plot hole piled up in order to make Sasuke the main character - probably because by that point, Sasuke was higher in the popularity polls than Naruto.
    Now, Sasuke has a new intermediate villain (Danzou) and a new final villain (Madara).

    You might be interested to know that probably, Itachi was Sasuke's final villain (and his motivation would have been to take Sasuke's eyes).
    Also, Pain was most likely intended to be Naruto's final villain and the last villain in the manga - as in Pain is nobody's subordinate, the eye in the moon scheme is Pain's plan, the revival of the villagers is the climactic point in the manga after which Naruto becomes Hokage and assumes the "bring peace to the world" task.
    I agree with some of this. The senju were certainly pulled out of his ass.

    However, there have always been hints that Itachi wasn't what he appeared (and people have predicted it for a long, long time). The most obvious one was when kakashi wondered why Itachi didn't kill him when he could've easily done it.

  17. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #522
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Interviews with Kishimoto

    Tobi/Madara didn't feel like a retcon. Slightly silly sidekick, hidden identity, never fights, unrevealed powers; all pretty universal signs for "this character is not what they seem". I really have not had any issues with the plot, my problems have been the amount of random sharingan powers. They seem like a deus ex machina whenever Kishi introduces a stronger character. With the plot shifting to Kakashi when this arc ends I don't see that as much of a problem either.

  19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  20. #523
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member triniman121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    322
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs Down Re: Interviews with Kishimoto

    So it's safe to assume that Naruto is no longer the main character? .......I might as well quit reading it then.. A marvelous manga gone bad... *sigh*


  21. #524
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Interviews with Kishimoto

    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhPath View Post
    Before 2008, Madara was dead.
    In 2008, Kishi retconned Tobi (a character which has nothing in common with Madara) into Madara.

    Also, Kishi retconned the Senju into existence, the Uchiha as being persecuted, Itachi into a saint with a plan for Sasuke that makes no sense - unless certain HIGHLY IMPROBABLE AND UNCONTROLLABLE events took place.

    Plot hole over plot hole piled up in order to make Sasuke the main character - probably because by that point, Sasuke was higher in the popularity polls than Naruto.
    Now, Sasuke has a new intermediate villain (Danzou) and a new final villain (Madara).

    You might be interested to know that probably, Itachi was Sasuke's final villain (and his motivation would have been to take Sasuke's eyes).
    Also, Pain was most likely intended to be Naruto's final villain and the last villain in the manga - as in Pain is nobody's subordinate, the eye in the moon scheme is Pain's plan, the revival of the villagers is the climactic point in the manga after which Naruto becomes Hokage and assumes the "bring peace to the world" task.
    ohh,i am enlightened.
    you seem to know more about naruto than kishimoto.tell me did he tell u over tea that "itachi was sasuke's final villain"and "pain was the last villain"?if kishimoto did that,then he made a fool of you.get over it already.

    also what do you mean by "plot holes"?does all these things that u've mentioned here contradicts anything with that was stated before?
    nothing.

    on the other hand,if one looks back then the reason itachi gave back at the 1st part was nothing but a joke.killing his family for testing his power,how lame that is?

    also since when sasuke is the main character?do you even know what are the features that a main character has to have?naruto was and still is the main character.have some education of literature at first then see for urself who is the main character here.

  22. #525
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SeventhPath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    746
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Interviews with Kishimoto

    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhPath View Post
    Before 2008, Madara was dead.
    In 2008, Kishi retconned Tobi (a character which has nothing in common with Madara) into Madara.

    Also, Kishi retconned the Senju into existence, the Uchiha as being persecuted, Itachi into a saint with a plan for Sasuke that makes no sense - unless certain HIGHLY IMPROBABLE AND UNCONTROLLABLE events took place.

    Plot hole over plot hole piled up in order to make Sasuke the main character - probably because by that point, Sasuke was higher in the popularity polls than Naruto.
    Now, Sasuke has a new intermediate villain (Danzou) and a new final villain (Madara).

    You might be interested to know that probably, Itachi was Sasuke's final villain (and his motivation would have been to take Sasuke's eyes).
    Also, Pain was most likely intended to be Naruto's final villain and the last villain in the manga - as in Pain is nobody's subordinate, the eye in the moon scheme is Pain's plan, the revival of the villagers is the climactic point in the manga after which Naruto becomes Hokage and assumes the "bring peace to the world" task.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    ohh,i am enlightened.
    you seem to know more about naruto than kishimoto.tell me did he tell u over tea that "itachi was sasuke's final villain"and "pain was the last villain"?if kishimoto did that,then he made a fool of you.get over it already.

    also what do you mean by "plot holes"?does all these things that u've mentioned here contradicts anything with that was stated before?
    nothing.

    on the other hand,if one looks back then the reason itachi gave back at the 1st part was nothing but a joke.killing his family for testing his power,how lame that is?

    also since when sasuke is the main character?do you even know what are the features that a main character has to have?naruto was and still is the main character.have some education of literature at first then see for urself who is the main character here.
    Annoyed again, asher?

    Naruto is no longer the main character since this 2010 interview.
    If you think that after Naruto's past (from 2008 at the latest onwards) and future treatement (as mentined in this interview) in Part 2, he is still the main character of this Part, you're the one with no "education of literature". The title does not a main character make.

    "Probably, Itachi was Sasuke's final villain (and his motivation would have been to take Sasuke's eyes).
    Also, Pain was most likely intended to be Naruto's final villain and the last villain in the manga - as in Pain is nobody's subordinate, the eye in the moon scheme is Pain's plan, the revival of the villagers is the climactic point in the manga after which Naruto becomes Hokage and assumes the "bring peace to the world" task."
    Did you read the "probably"?

    Of course, that was before the 2008 Uchiha retcon - a retcon that had no prior preparation in the manga, that generated a lot of plot holes.

    You disagree with this?
    You actually think Kishi didn't invent the Senju in 2008 and didn't change Madara/The First's power levels, AMONG OTHER THINGS?
    Well, keep believing what you want - you obviously believe in this so strongly that you are beyond reason.


    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    I agree with some of this. The senju were certainly pulled out of his ass.

    However, there have always been hints that Itachi wasn't what he appeared (and people have predicted it for a long, long time). The most obvious one was when kakashi wondered why Itachi didn't kill him when he could've easily done it.
    Perhaps there have been hints about Itachi, but they can't be explained by Itachi being a saint with a plan to make Sasuke a strong good guy.
    That's simply because Itachi's plan for Sasuke is non-sensical - his actions until 2008 are not consistent with Itachi having such a plan with a resonably high chance of success.

    These hints could be explained - without creating plot holes - by Itachi keeping Kakashi alive as a spare, in case his plan to take Sasuke's eyes failed. This would also explain Itachi's detailed presentation of MS to Kakashi.
    They could even be explained by Itachi being developed as having a honor code.
    Last edited by SeventhPath; December 31, 2009 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  23. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts