Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The Aichi Alex Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Aichi Alex Thread

Hey guys, what's up.
    Let's see.... I've been translating from Japanese into English for about two years now, mostly brochures, pamphlets, etc... (although I did translate an entire book on 茶道) . I've been learning Japanese for about six years now (I also lived in Japan for two years) but I've only recently started to like manga. My favorite Japanese band is RADWIMPS, (seen them live twice) followed closely by The Blue Hearts, and I guess Ajikan is pretty high up there too... If you want to talk to me about these bands, just drop me a line, I could spend a year talking about RADWIMPS. Anyway, if you have a manga you'd like translated, feel free to drop me a line. So far, I've been charging for all of the translating work I've done, but that's mostly because noone's asked me a to translate a manga that I've liked enough to do for free.

Anyway, if you have any questions for me, or requests, send me a PM or reply to this thread.

Oh yeah, and I don't require furigana to translate I've been told that that's a pretty uncommon thing

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kyubisharingan's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Aichi Alex Thread

hi, welcome to MH^^

1.WHat got you to learn japanese?
    2.where did u learn?
    3.Do you have/want a japanese girlfriend? XD
    4.Have you heard of this manga yet http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28882? i dont think anyone has translated it yet..would you mind translating that series?
    もし僕と別れたら、一番いい人と別れるから、よりいい人を選ばなくちゃいけない。
    まだ。。。日本語習ってる

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Alan Smithee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyubisharingan View Post
    hi, welcome to MH^^

2.where did u learn?
    4.Have you heard of this manga yet http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28882? i dont think anyone has translated it yet..would you mind translating that series?
    Umm.. check here there is a translation AND a scanlation of the first chapter out already...

I guess I will go with a music question is J-Rock your favourite musical genre? What makes the radwimps stand out so much as being special?

I'm not the biggest fan, whent it comes to Japanese music I drift towards more jazzy and hiphoppy sounds like Nujabes, Gagle, J.A.M, Kyoto Jazz Massive and many more.I am however a big Happy End and Detroit7 fan (one old one new I guess).

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member barbapapa's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Nujabes is completely awesome.[/offtopic]

Welcome to MH, I guess, Aichi Alex.

Question: what type of manga do you like, and which are you currently enjoying?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hi, welcome to MH^^
    Thanks, everyones so friendly, I love it here already

To tell you the truth I have no idea. When I as in 8th grade, I had no idea what anime or manga or ramen even was, but I new that I wanted to study Japanese in high school more than anything else. Maybe it was because my best friends all throughout primary school were two Japanese kids (twin brother and sister) but I dunno, it's something I've been pondering myself

2.where did u learn?
    I started learning in highschool, then in my junior year I moved on to watching middle-school / high-school themed j-drama learning speech patterns and stuff, finally I went to Japan and studied there.

I've had a few, I think that they're great, but I don't have "yellow fever" if you know what I mean. Right now I've got somebody in Japan waiting for me, but it's quite complicated, so I don't know how that's gonna work out.

Never heard of it, I only started reading manga about 6 months ago, I used to think it was all bubbly-eyed girls and space-robots but I've found some that I really like, I'd have to say that GTO is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
    I guess I will go with a music question is J-Rock your favourite musical genre? What makes the radwimps stand out so much as being special?
    Wow that's a tough question, If you looked at my itunes library, you'd definitely think that J-rock is my favorite musical genre, but I dunno, I don't really have a favorite Genre, I just like good music (lol) some of my favorite non-j-rock bands include Nujabes, Ratatat, Rodrigo Y Gabriella, Reel Big Fish, the list goes on and on....

I guess the reason I love radwimps the most is that I listened to them with my best friends all throughout my senior year of high-school (which I spent in Japan) and every time I listen to them, it reminds me of the good old days. I'm also a big fan of blink 182 (their old stuff) and radwimps REALLY reminds me of blink.

Quote Originally Posted by barbapapa View Post
    Question: what type of manga do you like, and which are you currently enjoying?
    So far, I like high-school-themed manga the most. (I have by no means read a lot of manga) Right now I'm actually reading a graphic novel called Preacher, it's pretty fucked up, but really interesting, give it a shot if you've got some free time.

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄) 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity njt's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

woah another Rad fan

/me points at avatar

Also I've translated a few of their songs (also own radwimpsfan.com :O )

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forum...adprefix=Songs hehe

anyway, great to see another radfan~

+ umm interesting that your first posts are in here . How about translating something?

High School manga eh? Hmmm well Tough is a good one (mostly fighting) and ummm well I tend to like Comedy stuff and well... if you want some more recommendations, I'm sure i can find a bunch

welcome to the site, I'm the owner / fellow translator so if you have any questions let me know
    Serizawa: But it's really heartwarming to see such good guys - perhaps not as good as we wanted, translation-wise, but their hearts are already grade A
    If you see a mistake in my translations, let me know! Thanks Click a frog to see my Resume!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I represent Fighting Dreamers Scanlations and I am wondering how much you would charge to translate Volume 8 Chapter 43 of Tokyo Underground here is a link http://www.filesend.net/download.php...35233affb70c00
    If you like the series enough maybe you would be interested in doing it for free even. In the meantime please reply or PM me with an estimate.

New Reply