Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why must you re-read Bleach again?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oblivion's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Why must you re-read Bleach again?

after reading the thread : vizard in chapter 1, i started to re read Bleach again.

and you know what i realized:

Bleach isnt that average, its really good and more coherent then many other shounen manga. and it all makes sense. it all come together pretty well, the whole story read in one, not in small chapter wise bits over many years seems really well thought.

i have given it bad rep since the ulo set foot on earth.

the new chapters with the vaizards being captains seem to fit to everything happened. i bet ichigo's father and such will also make sense.

so i guess if you still think low of bleach read it again as a whole

Renamed the Thread title to something more obvious ^^ ~Nami
    Last edited by Nami; April 19, 2008 at 09:56 AM.
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: not bad, but actually good

One thing I'd like to add is that so many people get criticism mainly in Hueco Mundo arc; people complained that there wasn't plot development and things like that, but like you said, Oblivion, if the people could read the HM saga whole, then they'll know that all of HM was a great plan created by Aizen;

when Byakuya, Mayuri and Kenpachi showed up in HM, I've read countless comments like" we need plot progression" or "All of these fights are boring"; but look, how can kubo progress in the story with 3 fights about to happen? Was extremely necessary to finish these fights to progress in the story, and so Kubo did it, we've found the great plan, the reason for all the battles; and then, kugo gave us the great Gaiden arc

Think not in parts, but the whole:
    Aizen kidnapped Orihime, forcing Ichigo and friends to go to HM; then they fight with countless enemies( let's not forget HM arc was a battle arc, because in order to retrieve Orihime, the fights were necessary); and now, Aizen executed his plan and trapped all of them in HM, split all the forces by half;

Yes, there's so much context and logic in these actions, even if in some moments bleach has some let downs, in the majority of the time, it's only great, and is my favorite series;

I won't stop reading Bleach until its end, because I could see so many good points than bad points, like I stated before!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Vegetoacs's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a problem with the comic/manga format as a whole forever. We only get 20 pages a week, and spend each and every day in between guessing what's going to happen within the next few chapters. It's very easy to get frustrated with the story when it takes a month to get through the MAJORITY of a fight.

I remember when Gigantor stopped reviewing due to similar frustrations, then commented after he stopped reading weekly, and started reading four chapters monthtly (or eight bi-monthly, i cant remember exactly), he found the story was quite reasonable, and the fights became more enjoyable.

It really follows along with the old adage that when frustrated with a problem, it's easier to go back to the beginning and review your progress with it thus far, than press on frustrated. In the case of fiction, you're more likely to be able to put the pieces together more efficently by looking at the big picture, allowing us to predict more accurately as well as enjoy the story that much more.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, the first volumes of bleach have a great feel to it.. the characters are amazing.. and Soul Society's plots wonderfully written.. HM arc not so great

the arc before HM but after Soul Society isn't great as well.. But the gaiden keep my interest back up again..

Bleach as a whole always is (for me) better than the avg manga...

and i did read volumes format and i still find that HM arc isn't that good..

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Vegetoacs's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps the HM arc isn't as good because we're still not viewing it as a whole. It's not reached it's close yet after all, with Ichigo and company still in HM about to fight Ulq.

For mine, this is like where Ichigo reached rukia's prison, but had to be whisked away and trained to defeat byukuya....in terms of progression of a set arc I mean.

Still, I agree that Soul Society is shaping up to be the more engaging arc....although this could also be because at the time, the manga was still very fresh....SS arc started in the mid 40's or 50's manga chapters right? It was all very new and still being fleshed out as a universe.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, i reread those volumes recently I still find myself more interested in SS (bc captains are cool ^^ the espada give that same feeling at first but I got really disappointed later)

yeah, but the more masks and cero things are very boring... but the release form of espada are kinda cool ...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually did a series wide review in this thread. I suggest you go through it, as people bring up several good points.

The main problem I have with Bleach right now is it's appparent lack of direction. Kubo is coming up with stuff off the top of his head--there's no underlying plot consistency driving everything forward, like the SS Arc. The same thing happened after the Dark Tournament in YYH, which is a parallel I DIDN'T want to see in Bleach. That aimlessness, IMO, is the root of most everyone's problems with the series as of late, along with the unrelatable Espada and the DBZ power proliferation.

Also, I don't like how it's become a strict fighting shonen, since I loved the way it handled the topic of death at the beginning. I get into that in my formal review.

Ironically, when I read interviews of Kubo, he reveals that he's thinking WAY into the future, and that there's a lot of depth and symbolism in the series. The problem is that none of those things are apparent in the chapters themselves. And I don't think the scheduling is an excuse, because I've read several weeklies with great story progression--and the Gaiden has been much better with that then the main series.

That said, though, I sometimes get the sense that people bitch just to fill the void from week to week, which exaggerates what they actually think. But that happens in every forum I go on.

Also, you have to remember: in their printed format, these chapters are NEVER printed alone. They're either in volumes, or a weekly anthology with 10 or so other series in one book. That group format gives the authors more leeway in terms of how much happens per chapter, unlike Western comics, which may also be a factor in our constant frustration.
    Last edited by gigantor21; April 18, 2008 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why must you re-read Bleach again?

i wanted the title vague....

Moderator message by: gigantor21
    LOL don't worry about it. More discussion >>> ambiguous threads.
    Last edited by gigantor21; April 20, 2008 at 11:17 AM.
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After going back and re-reading parts of the previous chapters of Bleach, I'm coming to appreciate the depth and quality of Bleach. I think that Bleach has tried to deal with this whole Arrancar/Viazard thing from the very start but instead, it got drawn out. Thanks to the current Gaiden, my interests has suddenly gave risen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Windmillblade's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it moved along at a good pace. the only fight i think that dulled on me was the renji and ishida versus that science espada. overall having a good plot with great action is what makes it great. it certainly has a deeper story they have not really went into yet but now we are getting it. i see it getting only more intense.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I just don't like the parts where they start saying so and so has made me this much (insert number desired) strong. It makes the manga corny or lame.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KyanWan's Avatar
    Taking advantage of wifi ... on the toilet.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's all impatience - that's it. People have a short attention span and can't hang on for a week.

I've waited long times for stuff ... so, I've built up patience.

1 week for a new chapter, please. That's nothing.

Hell - Kubo could release Bleach in volumes - like books were in the past - maybe release a new volume every couple months ...

or do monthly issues ... like a traditional US Comic book ... but it's weekly. Live with it.

I do say, that if I had read other series from START to NOW ( read: Naruto, OnePiece ) - I'd maybe, possibly gotten impatient.

Bleach has satisfied me much - the storyline's great, the characters are three-dimensional, it's interesting, I want it to continue for a good while.

Plus, since it's so good - I, too, have been thinking of re-starting it start-to-finish in my "spare time" ( hey, anyone know WTF that is? I heard stories about it ... but ... I don't really understand it.... )

Heh, yeah, if I could find the stomach to. Hey - reread the old chapters a couple a day. In no time you'll have a pile of new chapters to go through. Just might do the impatient some good.

Anyways - 4 days to a new episode of House - I got plenty to do. [ Call me Mr A.D.D. Cheeseburger anyone? ]
    I'm old - Check this out. That's me - 10 years ago - back when I was a huge-ass usenet pir8. I got the usenet activity-floodlogs to prove it. XD Arr. Statue of limitations FTW!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Well, I read Hellsing, and that bastard Hirano puts out 10 page chapters whenever he feels like it--going months without a single release sometimes--but I still like Hellsing a lot more than Bleach. And Hajime no Ippo is a weekly, but it's usually awesome each week (as it is right now) and it's been going for 800+ chapters. So the schedule alone can't be the problem IMO.

Ironically, during a dry spell in HnI, someone else used that same argument. It's a viewpoint I see a lot in anime/manga forums.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mestizo311's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You really can't go wrong with the Bleach manga. I started reading the manga somewhere around chapter 95-100 and I still get anxious waiting for the weekly releases. I think Kubo does an excellent job in connecting his storylines together. He doesn't leave any major gaps. I also like Kubo's uncanny gift of providing his readers with a major shocker. For example, the Aizen betrayal and the Isshin surprise. The character devolpment isn't overly done. Which makes it easier for the storyline to progress at a good flow.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

oh hell, Berserk is even worse in that case, the chapters come out like 5 in a year???^^
    Oblivion@Deviantart

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast