Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 16 of 122 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 1821

Thread: Hajime no Ippo by Morikawa Jyoji

  1. #226
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Away from home
    Country
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HnI 763 Discussions Thread

    Ippo couldn't come up with any special strategy and he just decided to go carge in like he always does.

    It's very hard to figure out how Gedo can distort someone's perception. Ippo will have a very hard hard time because even if he avoids punches he might still not be able to connect and he may not win if Gedo plans to win by decision especially when considering how Gedo is a master of controlling fights

    This is one of the most interesting fights ever because this time Ippos's opponent is totally different that anyone else. He is not an out boxer, he is not an in fighter, and it's not about a counter or a special finishing move. I wonder how Ippo will get out of this situation and I say he has a big chance of losing.

    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

  2. #227
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zaloof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kourakuen Hall
    Country
    Dubai
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HnI 763 Discussions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette
    Ippo couldn't come up with any special strategy and he just decided to go carge in like he always does.

    It's very hard to figure out how Gedo can distort someone's perception. Ippo will have a very hard hard time because even if he avoids punches he might still not be able to connect and he may not win if Gedo plans to win by decision especially when considering how Gedo is a master of controlling fights

    This is one of the most interesting fights ever because this time Ippos's opponent is totally different that anyone else. He is not an out boxer, he is not an in fighter, and it's not about a counter or a special finishing move. I wonder how Ippo will get out of this situation and I say he has a big chance of losing.

    i posted that before the I-O release so i didnt understand what he was saying, also i think that ippos fights with national champions is just praparing him to the world stage, he is experiencing how is the world is tough and hard, and different and new styles is there, and i dont want ippo to drag this fight too like the sisfa fight

  3. #228
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BlitzRonin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ........
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HnI 763 Discussions Thread

    Well sparring with Mashiba isn't going to help Ippo that much in his fight with Malcolm.. I don't think...

    Because I believe that Malcolm uses a Mexican jab, like Martinez and Jose Ramirez use...

    His arms don't look that long... so I bet it's the angles that he uses. Sendo had trouble with Jose in the same fashion before he just flipped out and killed him with the Smash...

    If Ippo keeps pushing forward and trying to corner Malcolm, he should be fine. He just can't let Malcolm get in his head and make him second guess himself.

  4. #229
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BlitzRonin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ........
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best boxer in Hajime no Ippo

    The two best are easily Martinez and Takamura...

    Martinez has accomplished more than Takamura at this point in the manga, but Takamura is the best overall.

    Other than those two I would say that Kamogawa and Nekota were probably better than anyone else is right now... They were able to bang on a Junior Welter who was ranked 5th in the world back then, at Bantam. Not to mention he was truly ranked 5th in the world, as there was only one organization back then.


  5. #230
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zaloof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kourakuen Hall
    Country
    Dubai
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HnI 763 Discussions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzRonin
    Well sparring with Mashiba isn't going to help Ippo that much in his fight with Malcolm.. I don't think...

    Because I believe that Malcolm uses a Mexican jab, like Martinez and Jose Ramirez use...

    His arms don't look that long... so I bet it's the angles that he uses. Sendo had trouble with Jose in the same fashion before he just flipped out and killed him with the Smash...

    If Ippo keeps pushing forward and trying to corner Malcolm, he should be fine. He just can't let Malcolm get in his head and make him second guess himself.
    ippo said that Gedo wasn't using something as simple as that, that what he told itakagi after seeing his video, my prediction that the trick is not a punch, its to keep a distance between Gedo and his opponent

    i dont care what ippo learn from mashiba, i just want ippo to pulverize him while saying : GIVE ME KUMI !!!!!!!

  6. #231
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mars University
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best boxer in Hajime no Ippo

    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzRonin
    Other than those two I would say that Kamogawa and Nekota were probably better than anyone else is right now... They were able to bang on a Junior Welter who was ranked 5th in the world back then, at Bantam. Not to mention he was truly ranked 5th in the world, as there was only one organization back then.
    yeah kamogawas punch was friggin scary, easily the most dangerous punch ever.

    im rereading ippo(again) and i stumbled upon this rant by mori himself:
    Spoiler show


    that was before Takamuras title match but i would still say that i agree with the creator. Takamura is the strongest

  7. #232
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Obito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best boxer in Hajime no Ippo

    I wonder if we will ever see Takamura lose.

    On Topic: My favourite characters are Takamura, Itagaki and Sendou in no particular order.

  8. #233
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Obito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fights you would like too see

    Ippo Vs Miyata III (isn't going to happen though supposedly)

    Takamura Vs Muhammed Ali (would be a good match xD)

    Itagaki Vs Saeki (the two speed demons!)

  9. #234
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Away from home
    Country
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HnI 763 Discussions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by _-_YsY_-_
    i dont care what ippo learn from mashiba, i just want ippo to pulverize him while saying : GIVE ME KUMI !!!!!!!
    I too want to see that but the only way I see Ippo confessing to Kumi is if he is going to lose her to another guy

    The coach picked Mashiba as a sparring partner for a reason but I can't really tell why
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

  10. #235
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zaloof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kourakuen Hall
    Country
    Dubai
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HnI 763 Discussions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette
    I too want to see that but the only way I see Ippo confessing to Kumi is if he is going to lose her to another guy
    i doubt someone will date a girl with both brother and friend are pro-boxers
    no matter how cute kumi is

  11. #236
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mars University
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HnI 763 Discussions Thread

    what the hell? in the double spread where ippo and wanpo is out running, dont they run right past kumi?

    and this sparring will be awesome. and i would LOVE it if mashiba could instead of just do the flicker throw some normal lefts too. variaton is a lot more harder to predict than just flicker after flicker after flicker... throw some normals to confuse your opponent.

  12. #237
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zaloof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kourakuen Hall
    Country
    Dubai
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HnI 763 Discussions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Boff
    what the hell? in the double spread where ippo and wanpo is out running, dont they run right past kumi?

    and this sparring will be awesome. and i would LOVE it if mashiba could instead of just do the flicker throw some normal lefts too. variaton is a lot more harder to predict than just flicker after flicker after flicker... throw some normals to confuse your opponent.
    he might do it because in his last fight the flicker weakness was exposed. his
    rytham was read quickly and cost him his match

  13. #238
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Zetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HnI 763 Discussions Thread

    Unfortunately I had to clear out my drives so it's been a few weeks, and I haven't gotten around to re-dling the manga. But from what I remember of the tape, I think the magic that gedo uses has to be with his feet. From what I recall, he had an abnormally wide stance in the tape. So I'm guessing he cradles back'n'forth giving the illusion of longer punches and messing with depth perception.

    In any case, it's easy what ippo figured out. It doesn't matter what your reach is if you take the fight into an in-fight. At close range, dodging also becomes more difficult.... so I'm assuming once close, he'll aim for the body and rely on his power and aquired dash and footwork he was saving for miyata.

    Of course that's just my guess from what memory serves.

    Personally I don't know anything about the mashiba spar because I only saw the raw so far. I'm sure it's to get him fine-tuned for long reaching fast jabs, so that he can be prepared if he finds it difficult to set his own pace.

  14. #239
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zaloof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kourakuen Hall
    Country
    Dubai
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HnI 763 Discussions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zetta
    Unfortunately I had to clear out my drives so it's been a few weeks, and I haven't gotten around to re-dling the manga. But from what I remember of the tape, I think the magic that gedo uses has to be with his feet. From what I recall, he had an abnormally wide stance in the tape. So I'm guessing he cradles back'n'forth giving the illusion of longer punches and messing with depth perception.
    thats a possibility. he did have a really wide stance in the tapes

  15. #240
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Away from home
    Country
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HnI 763 Discussions Thread

    A wide stance is troublesome for Ippo. He charges in while guarding his head and looking at his opponents feet to determine when to hit him so if his opponent faces him side ways it's gonna be hard to get a clear hit and Gedo will be out of Ippo's range even if he doesn't look like it.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

New Reply
Page 16 of 122 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts