Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: Old man Zangetsu=last 11th captain

  1. #16
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Theory] Old man Zangetsu=last 11th captain

    And even thought they share the same space/"body" if you want to put it that way dosen't mean they're one person especially in a world where a retarded little S/M loving girl and a serious responsible previous Espada share the same body and a chick who sounds like a dude when she's in the form of a cat. tell me what isn't really possible in the world


    Quote Originally Posted by someguy0830 View Post
    It has nothing to do with a second soul in him.
    read what I said above this. Ichigo is to much of a wild card for you say this can't be him and this can be. I believe this second soul thing is true until Kubo says it's false. Especially with some of the times where Ichigo's eye color has changed like if some one else was controlling him or giving him power
    Last edited by JioFreed666; April 17, 2008 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Theory] Old man Zangetsu=last 11th captain

    Quote Originally Posted by JioFreed666 View Post
    And even thought they share the same space/"body" if you want to put it that way dosen't mean they're one person especially in a world where a retarded little S/M loving girl and a serious responsible previous Espada share the same body and a chick who sounds like a dude when she's in the form of a cat. tell me what isn't really possible in the world
    <hr noshade size="1">


    read what I said above this. Ichigo is to much of a wild card for you say this can't be him and this can be. I believe this second soul thing is true until Kubo says it's false. Especially with some of the times where Ichigo's eye color has changed like if some one else was controlling him or giving him power
    how about the normal way of judging things: Innocent till proven otherwise? A person can have only 1 soul its impossible to have 2, and i do agree someguy0830 that youre twisting many bleach given facts into youre own wich totaly lack any sense (even for a manga).

  3. #18
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member someguy0830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Theory] Old man Zangetsu=last 11th captain

    No, he's not too much of a wild card. You're trying very hard to make him out as one, but that won't work. The only thing different about Ichigo is that he managed to skip any actual training by virtue of having a fully-developed shinigami loan him all her powers. It's like slapping a rocket onto a car to make it go faster. He's not some super-special case that must obviously be a complete tangent to everything we've ever been told. He's just gotten around the normal training by virtue of his weird experiences.

    All glory to the Hypnotoad!

    It is ridiculous to think that video games influence children. If Pac-Man affected kids born in the eighties, we should have a generation of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous music.

  4. #19
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,210
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Theory] Old man Zangetsu=last 11th captain

    Quote Originally Posted by JioFreed666 View Post
    Further evidence of his 11th division/kenpachi connection could be in his motto when he went Shikai "Go Foward, Move Forward, Flee and you will age, hesitate and you will die." Sound excatly like something some one who loves battle would say and would make sense why he has made personal appearances in front of the previous 12th/2nd and Current 11th captain the only people who would know his face if they saw it hinting at a connection that we didn't know about in the past when we read bleach.
    This isn't further evidence. This is everything you have. And if I may be blunt, it doesn't indicate crap.

    I can't remeber if Urahara and Yoruichi actually saw him, but I'm sure I would remeber if it had any real importance. Zaraki didn't even see him.
    So where's the connection?

    The way you're doing it, you can make connections between almost any character in Bleach.
    Last edited by Razh; April 17, 2008 at 04:26 AM.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  5. #20
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Theory] Old man Zangetsu=last 11th captain

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    This isn't further evidence. This is everything you have. And if I may be blunt, it doesn't indicate crap.

    I can't remeber if Urahara and Yoruichi actually saw him, but I'm sure I would remeber if it had any real importance. Zaraki didn't even see him.
    So where's the connection?

    The way you're doing it, you can make connections between almost any character in Bleach.
    Yoruichi clearly saw him when Ichigo did his bankai trainning he didn't appear to the other two but was there anyway when a captain fights a new comer it has to be in the audiance of the .Anyway I'll let shit play out because I at least got people think more then if what Shinji ripped throught Aizen's Shikai and not a lesser illusionary Kido.


    If you really want to go from small details things that have become great in bleach if you back to the chapter Sado was introduced when he protected the parrot he injured his right arm(http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/7/12/) originally when protecting it and since then that right arm has become the right arm of the Gaint. Orihime's hair clips she's been wearing since she grew her hair back out first became her weapon and now from what Aizen has said and with the healing of grimmjaw's arm it has such a great power its on the level of god. Obscure little things have become vital elements to main story or at least part of that character who it happened to. Shinji's who was originally planned to be in the start of the series and was even shown as one of the characters in the cover art of the first chapter has since become a major element in the story being aizen's ex-superior the first other vizard ichigo's faced and some one else who has broken away from soul soceity's thumb in most likely a different way the Urahara. Want me to keep on with the list of small elements have have become important in some way? whether it was D-roy's original appearance way long ago which has since become a HUGE element in the story and the main focus of this whole last arc. Or the fact Ichigo's so naturally adapt to being a Shinigami which we have barely found out in the last year and a half that it was because his father was one. Even thought we speculated that for a long time it was a shoe string without a loop to go through and seemingly not going to happen
    Last edited by JioFreed666; April 17, 2008 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #21
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Theory] Old man Zangetsu=last 11th captain

    You know what's strange? In Bleach Chapter 218, the hollow Ichigo says that he is Zangetsu yet during the SS arc, he clearly told Byakuga that he didn't have a name. Or rather, Zangetsu, as the hollow Ichigo says, became a part of him so there is in no way that Zangetsu could have been a shinigami in the Gotei 13.

  7. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Theory] Old man Zangetsu=last 11th captain

    Quote Originally Posted by segua View Post
    You know what's strange? In Bleach Chapter 218, the hollow Ichigo says that he is Zangetsu yet during the SS arc, he clearly told Byakuga that he didn't have a name. Or rather, Zangetsu, as the hollow Ichigo says, became a part of him so there is in no way that Zangetsu could have been a shinigami in the Gotei 13.
    a horse is nameles until someone gives him a name, since shirosaki was always the "horse" and not the king he had name, only until he became the dominant part of zangetsu he started calling himself zangetsu (also i dont know if shirosaki was dominant part of zangetsu at that time. It is possible that this can suffice as an explanation.

  8. #23
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Theory] Old man Zangetsu=last 11th captain

    Yea, I went back and read further. It was because somehow, the hollow part got stronger so Zangetsu incorporated himself or integrated himself with the hollow. I think it's to centralize Ichigo's powers.

  9. #24
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,803
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Theory] Old man Zangetsu=last 11th captain

    Shirosaki was always a part of Zangetsu, or did you miss the whole part where he merged back into Zangetsu's shadow after teaching Ichigo to respect Zangetsu?

    You see Shirosaki if the hollow is stronger, Zangetsu if the Shinigami part is stronger. Zangetsu being a reflection of Ichigo's soul and powers obviously physically manifests as a reflection of the stronger part.

  10. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Theory] Old man Zangetsu=last 11th captain

    just like DBZ (too many comparrisons lol) wen kami splitted out his evil half, it didnt bother to go with the name evil kami and he ended up callin himself king piccolo. so if shirosaki didnt lose and ended up taking control i think he would of declared his name to b something cool

    so yer something like that.........

    but it would be awesome if ichigo's release line was "Go Foward, Move Forward, Flee and you will age, hesitate and you will die." (Go zangetsu)

  11. #26
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Theory] Old man Zangetsu=last 11th captain

    I must've totally missed it. Chapter please?

  12. #27
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Theory] Old man Zangetsu=last 11th captain

    Quote Originally Posted by segua View Post
    I must've totally missed it. Chapter please?
    I think that he was referring to this. I also believe that it seems that Shirosaki and Zangetsu are both parts of Ichigo's soul from what we have seen of them so far.

  13. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Theory] Old man Zangetsu=last 11th captain

    Quote Originally Posted by JioFreed666 View Post
    you have no proof disproving that ichigo wasn't the reincarnated ex-11th captain but I have no proof that he was or even zangetsu being another soul inside a sword that isn't really a manifestation of ichigo's soul.
    That's nice. Now how does it matter again? See, there's this little thing in debate called the burden of proof. You make a claim, you get to prove it. The burden is on you.

    Our job isn't to disprove your theory, it's your job to prove it.

    Quote Quote:
    that's why it's called a theory and is better then some of these other ones that have been flying around and makes you think more of the twist Kubo might throw at us then just thinking of what might happen next because I don't think anyone really expected this gaiden arc to pop up right in them middle of a potentially huge fight that was about to happen with SS and HM's forces
    Plenty of people expected it, I think.

  14. #29
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Theory] Old man Zangetsu=last 11th captain

    No, actually, Shirosaki, if that's the hollow's name is actually the hollow part of Ichigo. Zangetsu is the shinigami power. They are their own different entities. It seems that Zangetsu could lend his powers to either one, the king, or even both.

    I still wonder if Ichigo is the reincarnation of Kaien because I'm starting to think that Zangetsu might be Kaien or residue of Kaien. Zangetsu isn't quite Kaien but is sort of what's left over. Like I said, residue of the previous incarnation of Kaien.

    Heck, I'm even thinking that Orihime might be the reincarnation of Kaien's wife.

  15. #30
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Theory] Old man Zangetsu=last 11th captain

    kaien soul resides with the 9th espada

    so no chance of bein the reincarnation

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts