Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond no Ace

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Diamond no Ace

Diamond no Ace
    Genre: Sports
    Production: Production I.G and Madhouse
    Director: Mitsuyuki Masuhara
    Starring: Ohsaka Ryota, Sakurai Takahiro, Shimazaki Nobunaga, Hanae Natsuki
    Starts: October 6, 2013

The story follows Eijun Sawamura, a pitcher who joins an elite school with a brilliant catcher named Kazuya Miyuki. Together with the rest of the team, they strive for Japan's storied Koushien championships through hard work and determination.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Diamond no Ace

Im hoping that this wont do like knight in the area and end like right at the start of the preliminary round of a tournament. Also can this be as friendly as oofuri was, second best sports anime after free.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Daiya A definitely is not as friendly as Oofuri. It might be best described as "hot-blooded", in the classic shounen sense. Ei does not lack for confidence, he could not be more different than Ren. It should be interesting how they pace the anime. Daiya A is not the most fast paced manga. If it's a 12 episode anime they might only get in the first, short game. It's a really good manga, one of the better recent sports manga. I haven't read it in a long time, but I'm looking forward to the anime.
    Last edited by Kaiten; September 28, 2013 at 06:11 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched episode 1...and well I was hoping it'd be like Oofuri but I guess it decided to be more serious take on baseball instead of a more friendly no name team to a top one. In any event there was still some fun to be had here with clueless Eijun offering up many good moments of conflicting views of what team to pursue and eventually the excellent introduction of perhaps the best character thus far, Miyuki Kazuya. If he could be Eijun's permanent catcher then I think this could be a blast.

Looking forward to wear it goes, OP and ED are solid.

Lenght issue is a question I guess, since if its only 12 episodes, there would be no game I think if we are truly spending even two episodes just to get him onto some team for his next school year...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Diamond Ace is meant to be a serious, realistic sports series. The first arc will be about training, and earning a spot in the rotation. It takes a while to get to the first game. The number of episodes is currently unknown. It could be two cour.

Trash talking the pitcher is a big, big breach of baseball etiquette. Even if he had not cared about the lack of team spirit, Eijun would have been pissed Azuma was showing up a pitcher. It would not have mattered how many home runs Asumz hit. If this were real life, one of the third year pitchers would have drilled him in the hip for that. The manager would have allowed it, too.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 06, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Classic but awesome! I laughed a lot, visuals and music are good too.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For ep 2, I think the eyes are worth mentioning too in this good episode as whoever is behind the scenes for this makes all the pitching and batting scenes quite intense with the facial expression, the smoke going on, and just how powerful the impact is. The batters face too in the moments was extremely memorable and almost scary even. It was a sight to see.

Only foreseeable issue is that at the rate this is going in terms of progress he may not even be pitching until way far in the series, especially if hes starting on the bottom of the team based on the preview comments I think. Unless theres some weird circumstance to fast track him up there.

Inject all your power into me line was amazing.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

"Nice ball"

This anime is really exciting, I am already liking that receiver. It was unlikely to happen but when his friends told him they wanted to play with him I was thinking Eijun would jump from the train, they chose the right moment to give the "fatal blow".

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The first 13 minutes of 3 were absolutely hilarious, hadnt laughed that much in awhile all week so far. This works really well as a good comedy and more roommate antics + Miyuki would certainly be welcomed.

But so intense later with the strict coach. Easily, the strictest coach of a lead characters team in the series Ive watched so far (area no kishi, kurobas, haikyuu!!, ginga e kickoff). At least hes well meaning, but he doesnt need to stick to the promise so hard. It kind of does set it apart from other sports series.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Miyuki is the ace of the team, everybody is looking at him, that Satoru's pitch is very impressive. While Eijun looks so pathetic that even his teacher makes fun of him, at least he has a supporter now. Good episode.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the few times this season where Ive wanted to say Why cant it be next week already?! Kuromochi kun, Kominato kun, Satoru Furuya, Kazuya Miyuki, and Sawamura are all so good and need to be on the first string team. I wonder how things will develop next week.

The sound and speed given to both the batting and running especially Satoru's pitch and Kuromochi kuns running were the most memorable aspects. Utterly unbelievable.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how realistic this series is. They play real baseball, not manga baseball. I loved that they had the hit and run on during the game. And I loved that the pitcher was bad for realistic reasons, living weakly thrown balls over the plate.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I need the OP song Go Exceed which I think releases this week, it always puts me in the mood for the anime and hypes me up

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I love how realistic this series is. They play real baseball, not manga baseball. I loved that they had the hit and run on during the game. And I loved that the pitcher was bad for realistic reasons, living weakly thrown balls over the plate.
    Realistic? I think at times it goes on the border, at least due to how they animate it with the sound effects, speed of the characters, and even power from the throwing. But outside of that, I kind of wish it was at least a bit more forgiving. I like shows with powerhouse prodigies straight from the start (oofuri is an exception I think). But then I guess Eijun potentially counts as a prodigy, he has good throwing aspect and what not just needs a bit of training and guidance. Hoping he does well in a first official game if he reaches that point after competing for the same sport Satoru is after as well as the pitcher that was demoted.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

How is the pacing of the Anime? Perfect? No Fillers?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's only five episodes.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast