Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Kurogane by Hirakata Masahiro

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Slashout's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurogane by Hirakata Masahiro

Kurogane by Hirakata Masahiro
    This is a new manga that just started this week as a one shot. One shot are often pilots for new mangas. So feel free to check it out. We'll update this discussion topic to match the actual manga if it's serialized.

Sumary:
    Since it isn't translated yet, we do not have a sumary.
    Feel free to provide one for us if you can read japanese !

- Chapter 1 RTS
    Last edited by Slashout; September 06, 2008 at 12:00 PM.
    Click the banner to discover the world of katekyo hitman reborn!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sexy Randal 105's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kurogane (One Shot) by Hirakata Masahiro

It reminds me of one of the failed MSJ series.
    Click here to read my story, "Shadow Hawk."

Currently reading: Claymore, Psyren, Nurarihyon no Mago, Toriko, Bakuman, Beezlebub, Akaboshi.

Listen to my podcast here.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member EL_manana's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

It reminds me of One Piece. And it reminds me of all the things I consider "shonen"
    it is sooo shonen^^ but I like it. ^^

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Well looked okay. A one shot isn't exactly detailed enough to see if this works out

but somehow I got a tsugihagi feeling when I was watching to that art

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bunshindattebayo's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

This manga is pretty good.Remind me a lot of the videogame "Samurai Western".
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22570&dateline=1205497510
    ~~Aren't they cute together?~~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sexy Randal 105's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's like...TOO shonen. Kind of like Buso Renkin. =P
    Click here to read my story, "Shadow Hawk."

Currently reading: Claymore, Psyren, Nurarihyon no Mago, Toriko, Bakuman, Beezlebub, Akaboshi.

Listen to my podcast here.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner .break's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks cool. I'm lookin' to scanlate if a translation ever pops up. I could totally see this turning into a Weekly, hopefully it does well enough to become a series. XD

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Lingwe's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally managed to read my way through this. It would have gone faster but the only lady who can speak english reliably here is in Hawaii at the moment and so I had to rely on my still developing Japanese language abilities and the help of my co-workers (whose english skills are worse than my Japanese) to make sense of it. It's important to note that I'm still not yet fluent so there might be some minor incorrect parts in the summary, but I'm fairly certain I got the gist of it. Here's a summary of what happens in the story.

Kurogane is about a manga based in the wild west about a samurai named Kurogane and a Sheriff named Riria. Riria is the Sheriff of this town in the frontier. Kurogane is a well meaning but utterly clueless outlaw-samurai who continually causes trouble for her by blowing up parts of the town with his Kurogane-ryuu kenjutsu (Kurogane style sword techniques). Riria continually locks up Kurogane but he breaks out of prison the next day anyway.

One day the landlord of the town named Dingo comes to see Riria and demands that she become one of his bodyguards. Riria wants to remain as the sheriff of the town that she cares so much for. So Dingo threatens to fire the people in the town who work in his coal mine unless she comes to work for him. Kurogane steps in to prevent Dingo from threatening Riria attacking and insulting Dingo in the process. Dingo swears revenge for this. Later in the prison Riria explains to Kurogane (who she had arrested again) that she will have to go work for Dingo. Kurogane assures her that he will find a solution to the problem.

It turns out his solution is to commit seppuku. Riria demands to know why Kurogane would go so far for her sake. It turns out that when Kurogane was a kid his father told him that part of bushido (way of the warrior) is to serve a 'queen' so he sets out to sea on a small boat looking for a 'queen' to serve. After ten days he is rescued by another ship (at this part I'm not so sure since there was a whole lot of text so this is kind of a guess) they were planning on throwing him off however a single girl refused to allow them to do that. It turns out that that girl was Riria. Riria realises that she has to stop Kurogane from committing seppuku but by the time she tells him to stop he has already stabbed himself.

After seeing the Kurogane is dead Dingo continues to threaten Riria into becoming one of his bodyguards. Riria is about to give in and work for him just as Kurogane bursts out from a nearby building. Just after stabbing himself he had used one of his attacks that was capable of putting someone into a state of suspended animation (the same attack he had used against Dingo earlier) and then started his heart back up again.

Kurogane then proceeds to lay the smackdown on Dingos cronies by catching bullets and cutting up a cannon (all using Kurogane-ryuu attacks). After all of Dingo's bodyguards are beaten he pleads with Kurogane to let him go and promises not to threaten Riria or the townsfolk ever again. Kurogane refuses and beats Dingo up. As thanks for saving her (and because he would just break out again anyway) Riria agrees to not arrest Kurogane and allows him to help her. That's how the two man team of the Sheriff and the Outlaw was created.

That's the end of the summary.

Kurogane speaks in a rather strange style unique to samurai. He uses 'degozaru' instead of 'desu' (is), refers to Riria as 'Riria-dono', refers to himself as 'Sessha' instead of 'ore/boku' . He also occasionally refers to Riria as 'Our queen'. His character is as I said well meaning but clueless. He has a tendency to go extremely overboard with his attacks and doesn't seem to realise that he is causing Riria a lot of trouble. Their interactions remind me a lot of Luffy and Nami. It's pretty funny overall.
    Last edited by Lingwe; September 23, 2008 at 09:08 PM.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member EL_manana's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks a lot. I'm happy to know what it was about finally. Manga is based on the wild west but the main hero is a samurai o___O.... well, i guess it is interesting. I'd like to read more. You are right, they remind Luffy and Nami a lot, as well as Natsu and Lucy of Fairy Tail a bit, but well it's a pretty much stereotypical character's choice which almost always turns out to be a win.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner .break's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got that scanlation up, big ups to Archetype who translated for us.

New Reply