Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 132 Discussion/133 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Black Void's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 132 Discussion/133 Predictions

There could be a good reasons for him to stay... i think he wants to know why they are doing it... now he knows that it was an order, so next would be to find out who ordered it. I'm really sure that he knows that when Ha Jinsung says something that he won't change his word as long as he does as he wishes..

soo Baam target could be the person behind it.. Baam is not dumb and won't let FUG do as they pleases..

Ha Jinsung won't be pleased when he gets to know what happened.. but lets see
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic134950_2.gif

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    This chapter was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be. Baam putting his pocket thingy down there with Koon was the only surprise; a shrewd move on Baam's part but also very confusing for the reasons people have already mentioned.

Xia and Cassano hold on Baam is still also not really making sense to me. They don't seem to be very high up in FUG, certainly below Ha Jinsung; so he really should just be able to say. "Jinsung said staying with my other team is fine, you got a problem with that talk to him, until then you can go screw yourselves FUG peons. " and then toss both of them out the flying golem and go back to check on Koon.

That what a real slayer would do isn't it?

--------------------------------------

I expect next week will be almost entirely Koon meeting Baam's previous group. They'll talk then head off to 30th floor to join up with the others and get the real party started.

Beyond next chapter, I expect Karaka to have a larger group of FUG crazies prepared for Baam on the 30th Floor. Which they'll need when Koon brings all hell down upon them before, during, and after that Factory Battle; using the combined abilities of all of Baam's friends.
    Only reason I can think of is FUG telling Baam at some point that if he joins his old friends, they'll kill them. So instead of crossing Xia/Cassano and going to meet Koon, thus risking FUG sending a ranker, he plays along knowing that he is alive and will be looked after by his old team. YHS seemed to place a heavy emphasis on obedience so an act of disobedience such as crushing Xia/Cassano (no matter how unimportant they are) may be enough for FUG to kill one of his teammates, they want to keep the leash on him as tight as possible.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It generally isn't a good idea to assume people who are willing to kidnap you and threaten the lives of your friends are going to be reasonable about pretty much anything. Ha Jinsung might kill them for going against him, but that isn't going to bring back your dead friends if they are killed for you disobeying.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay, Koon's alive. Was worried for about a week. I'm interested in seeing how this team swap pans out. Things could get exciting.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohh, change of teams. I hope no FUG will take notice in the previous Baam's team after this but no permanently.

The thing with the Pocket is messy, but Baam is an Irregular, so he can use Shinsoo without contract and with translating... well two years have passed and he could learn a language well known in the tower.

Koon alive is something i'm very thankful, because it would not appear after making some shitty cliffhanger or eager moment with new powers. Also, Baam using red stop motion field was awesome, i love when the owner sees his tecnique being used.

Good chapter as always!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lighthouses can be used as translators in dire situations, but they are not as good as the pockets.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sizel View Post
    Lighthouses can be used as translators in dire situations, but they are not as good as the pockets.
    yeah, I was reading this somewhere before (I forgot where that was), but it said exacly the same as sizel pointed out !!!

PS: It's in author's afterword, silly me (look from second paragraph onwards...).
    Last edited by Monsterguy; February 17, 2013 at 07:40 PM. Reason: adding PS,...
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    why hasn't he slaughtered Xia and Cassano yet? Even if he somehow knows through his pocket that Koon is alive, he told Xia not to play with his friends' lives last chapter or he'll kill them all, then she does just that but now he's tagging along?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    He wants to save Horyang.
    http://www.mangareader.net/tower-of-god/130/10

It's easy to break the whole thing off if he discovers they were bluffing about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    He doesn't need them to save Hoyrang at this point. He could have just turned on them and taken Horyang wherever he wants.(a hospital for example) It's not like they are nursing him. Horyang is just laying there on the floor.

I suppose, getting from wherever he is to find a doctor could be iffy. But Xia already broke an agreement and tried to murder one of his friends today, so going that route is pretty iffy too.
    There are chances for waiting for the help of FUG to save Horyang, as Razh pointed. The point is that Horyang is not an ordinary human but a living weapon. Knowing that, it would be at least imprudent to take him to a regular doctor or hospital.

Even more, Cassano, the other half part of that weapon is in the middle of the situation, and he was the guy who hurt Horyang. Baam should think that Cassano has a purpose to do that. It's clear, by Horyang's condition, that Cassano could kill Horyang but he didn't. So he must have a reason for hurting him and not killing him. It would be wise from Baam to hope for Cassano and the people behing him to have the proper knowledge to safe Horyaing, since they seem to need it for something else. So yes, the threat he could read in his LH was a serious threat and now he wants to safe his friend.

For Baam it was a difficult situation, in which he had to think fast: he was in the middle of a dilema: do I save Koon or Horyang? He solve it in what we saw: He left the pocket with Koon predicting that his friends could track it and save his friend. And, at the same time, on the other hand, he goes with FUG so that he is trying to safe his other friend, Horyiang.

Also, if that is what happened, Baam should have to predict that Koon could survive the explotion. Something that in fact happened.
    Last edited by ukimix; February 17, 2013 at 08:39 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Since Baam is an irregular, I was expecting his pocket to be special as well. When enters the factory arc we will surely known.
    As for now, I'm really excited with this development. Koon handling an average team and Baam with top tier jerks.

Anyway, so let me get things straight: Baam left/lost his pocket which allowed him to talk. That's the reason He used a Lighthouse to speak. When Baam bought a Lighthouse? :O Or it's a technique that He can create? Now I'm confused. And the black thing was...what, exactly? I need help in here.
    He didnt buy the lighthouse he made it just like he made the 3 lighthouses to freeze the spear when he was fighting novick and ran. Its obvious now that violes a wave controller/ lightbearer.

Also he left his pocket with koon on purpose so his team would find the pockets signal only to see koon, help him out and take koon back with them. Then later plan a meeting with wangan and the team, but thats only if he actually leaves his current team for now, if not he will see koon shortly

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a dumb move to dump his pocket cause now his team can't trace him. Did the pocket even do anything to help koon? If he was alive I bet he could of dug himself out. Plus Yuri gave it to him, YURI! You don't just toss away stuff that the hot and powerful Yuri has given you!
    ThatoneGuy1277

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    He didnt buy the lighthouse he made it just like he made the 3 lighthouses to freeze the spear when he was fighting novick and ran. Its obvious now that violes a wave controller/ lightbearer.
    Anyone can use a lighthouse. And every regular can play pretty much every role. Zahard for example, is a fisherman, but can really do it all. It's probably same for most of the rankers. Being a lightbearer requires more than just a use of a lighthouse. Lightbearer need to be able to process information fast, control the battlefield and coordinate his team mates.

In short, I don't think we can call Baam as anything else than a Wave Controler just yet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneGuy1277 View Post
    Plus Yuri gave it to him, YURI! You don't just toss away stuff that the hot and powerful Yuri has given you!
    You mean the hot and powerful Evan "the Fast Ship" Edrok.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneGuy1277 View Post
    It was a dumb move to dump his pocket cause now his team can't trace him. Did the pocket even do anything to help koon? If he was alive I bet he could of dug himself out. Plus Yuri gave it to him, YURI! You don't just toss away stuff that the hot and powerful Yuri has given you!
    Tehncially, Evan gave it to him.

Well, it's not like he tossed it. He can retrieve it later.
    And for starters, if Baam didn't leave his pocket with Koon, this page couldn't have happened. And then the pages after this one, in which they dig out Koon, wouldn't make any sense.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    You mean the hot and powerful Evan "the Fast Ship" Edrok.
    Meh, Yuri told him to

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Tehncially, Evan gave it to him.

Well, it's not like he tossed it. He can retrieve it later.
    And for starters, if Baam didn't leave his pocket with Koon, this page couldn't have happened. And then the pages after this one, in which they dig out Koon, wouldn't make any sense.
    Well clearly SIU could of made something different like just speaking everything that was on the lighthouse, and he could of still sneaked in that message at the end too. Just say'n is all O
    Last edited by ThatoneGuy1277; February 17, 2013 at 10:22 PM.
    ThatoneGuy1277

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, I'm just sorry Baam couldn't buy some spare pockets during 5-6 years. You'd think he'd have time and money for that, between renting out the most expensive houses on the market.

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast