Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 132 Discussion/133 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 132 Discussion/133 Predictions

Yuri might pass out due to blood loss when she first sees how Baam has powered up (in the looks department).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Yuri might pass out due to blood loss when she first sees how Baam has powered up (in the looks department).
    You think Baam is just pre occupied with everything that is going on in his life to really get into girls or he doesn't want to get with any girls because Fug would go after them or is he possibly A-sexual?

Thoughts?
    ThatoneGuy1277

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A certain sword stole his heart. (how can any woman compare to the sexiness of the Black March?) Or maybe he has unresolved issues with a certain woman that tried to kill him that are currently preventing him from looking at women that way.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneGuy1277 View Post
    Imagine how many people Yuri could take out if she got serious, *chills*
    i think you are underestimating FUG a lot. Yes if there is a war between Fug and Wing tree i am sure that Wing tree will win, But i dont think Fug will send any ranker to fight Yuri you know. They have a lot of high ranker in them. I am sure the veteran slayers are highrankers, may be even higher than yuri.
    If there is a fight between yuris team and Fugs unit to kill her i am more interested in seeing what really Evan can do rather than Yuri.
    HE is the most dangerous and most powerful guy in Yuris team or what ever it was she took to visit Baam.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    i think you are underestimating FUG a lot. Yes if there is a war between Fug and Wing tree i am sure that Wing tree will win, But i dont think Fug will send any ranker to fight Yuri you know. They have a lot of high ranker in them. I am sure the veteran slayers are highrankers, may be even higher than yuri.
    If there is a fight between yuris team and Fugs unit to kill her i am more interested in seeing what really Evan can do rather than Yuri.
    HE is the most dangerous and most powerful guy in Yuris team or what ever it was she took to visit Baam.
    How do you know that? Rankings don't necessarily reflect power

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

People talking about Yuri causing a scene at the Tournament... A Family Head will most likely pop in at some point during the Tournament, I doubt Yuri could defeat any of them. Basically this Tournament is a massive convergence of powers. You have all the top notch regulars who will meet up, and you have FUG/Wing Tree/A Family Head/Workshop people.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    How do you know that? Rankings don't necessarily reflect power
    Then what does it reflect?
    Are you saying taht there is a meek chance that Urek is weaker than yuri? ie their rank differ but if it doesnt necessarily reflect power then there is a meek chance right?

I admit if anyones ranking is sth like say 200 and another guy whose ranking is say 195 the power difference might not be so much.
    Evans ranking and yuris ranking differs by more than a 100 rank.

Thats substantial proof enough to say that he is stronger. If there are any proof otherwise i dont see HOW any one can conclude it otherwise.
    Last edited by shaheer; February 19, 2013 at 06:47 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

There's the influence factor, SIU stated this himself. Some guy at the late 30 never fought in his life, Mazino best buddy is said to be strong... be he only got his ranking because of his power as the leader of Wingtree

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    Then what does it reflect?
    Are you saying taht there is a meek chance that Urek is weaker than yuri? ie their rank differ but if it doesnt necessarily reflect power then there is a meek chance right?

I admit if anyones ranking is sth like say 200 and another guy whose ranking is say 195 the power difference might not be so much.
    Evans ranking and yuris ranking differs by more than a 100 rank.

Thats substantial proof enough to say that he is stronger. If there are any proof otherwise i dont see HOW any one can conclude it otherwise.
    It's not just power, other factors like influence are considered too, and someone can be the best at support but fairly average at actually battling. And no, clearly Urek is stronger, he took 50 years to climb, is an irregular, and has been acknowledged as a monster by Yuri herself.

Evan is a guide, he could have gotten his ranking by being the best guide in the tower instead of his battle power.

You clearly don't know the meaning of substantial proof then.
    Last edited by abc1233; February 19, 2013 at 06:54 PM.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    There's the influence factor, SIU stated this himself. Some guy at the late 30 never fought in his life, Mazino best buddy is said to be strong... be he only got his ranking because of his power as the leader of Wingtree
    No way. A blogpost of SIU's where he mentions that Urek went to complain to the director of the ranking office about his ranking being lower than Phanta's and how he can know when they've never fought, plus the fact he calls himself the strongest and gives hints of how much more it'd take to get to his level during fights ("you should've brought Operas", "if it was 1 vs 1000 it would be fair"), and that he even has his name tattooed on his back, signifies how obsessed he is with being recognized as the strongest, and jumps into every fight where he can prove it.

Out of his biggest feats, I pick Arie Hon's challenge - while not a ranker yet, he managed to push back the strongest (by ranking) family head. (That's how he got 77F, btw.)

The fact some have their ranking due to rare feats / specialization doesn't mean it applies to everyone. Urek is the prime example.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Don't only judge by the ranking number. We have quite a lot of background on other high rankers as well, so we can estimate the overall strength better. There's also the influence of a position (a light bearer or other support position would most likely not fare as well in close combat, not to mention guides).

Also, when the rankings are close, it's reasonable to consider the possibility of the presumably weaker char beating the stronger one, but with huge differences, there's no way. I can't imagine (the discussion starter) Yuri beating Mirchea, for example.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Looking back at the initial posts of this topic:

WTF would Evan, a guide, do in battle? He'd most likely be busy with self-defence if he got dragged into one... at least he's got the huge bag, so he doesn't have to watch out for attacks from the back

Yuri... yeah, she'd do damage. Not against the top members of FUG, but there are probably very little of those. Anyway, FUG is not as weak as to be beaten by a single Zahard princess and her team. Not if they're trying to take on the full might of Zahard's.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    No way. A blogpost of SIU's where he mentions that Urek went to complain to the director of the ranking office about his ranking being lower than Phanta's and how he can know when they've never fought, plus the fact he calls himself the strongest and gives hints of how much more it'd take to get to his level during fights ("you should've brought Operas", "if it was 1 vs 1000 it would be fair"), and that he even has his name tattooed on his back, signifies how obsessed he is with being recognized as the strongest, and jumps into every fight where he can prove it.
    You got me wrong.. I never said anything about Mazino, I know that he's the strongest active monster on the tower
    I was talking about his best buddy, Baekryun. It is said that he's the most gifted regular wave controller and he is strong. But it's also said that he never got in much fights, and his high ranking(TOP 10) comes more from his influence as the leader of the Wingtree than his battler ability

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    You got me wrong.. I never said anything about Mazino, I know that he's the strongest active monster on the tower
    I was talking about his best buddy, Baekryun. It is said that he's the most gifted regular wave controller and he is strong. But it's also said that he never got in much fights, and his high ranking(TOP 10) comes more from his influence as the leader of the Wingtree than his battler ability
    Oh, sorry then. It wasn't clear whom you meant, and I just understood it as if you meant Urek.

I'm sure Baekryun didn't get the ranking simply because of being the Wingtree's leader, though. While it may play a role, if just based on a few fights, he's famous as someone strong, then it must be a big deal as well. The real leader (more like a spiritual leader, as he doesn't seem like the type of guy to be interested in organization) of Wingtree is Urek, anyway
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Yuri... yeah, she'd do damage. Not against the top members of FUG, but there are probably very little of those. Anyway, FUG is not as weak as to be beaten by a single Zahard princess and her team. Not if they're trying to take on the full might of Zahard's.
    Of course, if Yuri was to hypothetically rescue Baam, she wouldn't be facing the top members of FUG; she would be facing whoever happened to be around at the time which is likely Karaka, Ha Jinsung, and possibly Hwa Ryun (if she is even a ranker). We have no idea how she and whoever she brought with her would do against them because we don't know the rankings of pretty much anyone. (as has been said, rankings aren't absolute indicators of strength, but if Ha Jinsung is sitting at something like 25, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume he could demolish any team of Wolhaiksong members not including Urek Mazino or Baek Ryun.)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A sincere question, since several of you seem pretty convinced that Yuri is middling powerwise (among high rankers presumably). Could one of you point me to the chapter or blog post where her relative power level is discussed? (For example I would have put her in the tier below Urek, Phanta, Zahard, the stronger family heads, and the head of FUG. However she doesn't carry herself as one afraid of anybody, and she seems to have Urek running errands for her. And he doesn't strike me as someone who'd do that for just anybody.)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

She is in the middle of all high rankers, roughly around 500 in rank. But, she picked up Green April and that helped raise her rank up. We don't know how much higher she rose though.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast