Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate how you feel about Baam being split from his team again?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 (I like it. It creates some exciting possiblities.)

    6 30.00%
  • 4 (I'm not thrilled, but it's good to shake things up.)

    3 15.00%
  • 3 (Doesn't really matter to me either way)

    2 10.00%
  • 2 (*sigh* I just hope it doesn't last long.)

    4 20.00%
  • 1 (God@#$@ing dammit! Why SIU? Why are you doing this to me?)

    5 25.00%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 130 & 131 Review

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 & 131 Review

    well you said baam gave the remote to that girl right, it was Baams mistake i think he was trying to show Koon that he is a part of FUG but didnt want her to press the button so threatned her.. i think she either took it the wrong way by the word friend (she might have thought she was the friend and Baam was talking abt ran attacking her) and she got hyped and said slayer has spoken so pressed the button.
    OR she is madcap and wanted to finish koon.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #17
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 & 131 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    well you said baam gave the remote to that girl right, it was Baams mistake i think he was trying to show Koon that he is a part of FUG but didnt want her to press the button so threatned her.. i think she either took it the wrong way by the word friend (she might have thought she was the friend and Baam was talking abt ran attacking her) and she got hyped and said slayer has spoken so pressed the button.
    OR she is madcap and wanted to finish koon.
    She knew that Viole didn't want Koon dead, but that was essentially the mission Karaka/Poken sent her on and it was in Viole's 'best interest' even if he wouldn't do it himself, so she took it on herself to carry through with it. That's my take on it at least.

    Jammin:

    Separating Baam from those 'great' characters is itself a major part of the story telling. The fact that they're missing from being around Baam and you know how great they are intensifies his loneliness and how you feel about it. Well whatever, nothing can be said to reduce your emotional attachment to particular characters. I'm just glad that a compelling story isn't being sacrificed because some people have a crush on the 'strong cool girl.' Still, they'll most certainly have an important role in the series even if they aren't in Baam's immediate group, and it seems likely that after they're reintroduced in the tournament arc and everyone is caught up at the same place in the Tower, they'll be more closely followed over the subsequent floors. I don't see how you can still doubt the importance of FUG, as basically the entire series and more particularly the second half have all been about FUG, but whatever you want to believe.

    I'm not completely familiar with what makes a bad guy cliché. Karaka's motivation is to replace Viole's weak and happy-go-lucky team with one that is stronger and more loyal to FUG so as to better observe and facilitate his climb up the Tower. He's done so by approaching sympathetic regulars and asking them to get rid of high rank regulars. Is something about that particularly cliché?

  4. #18
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 & 131 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    well you said baam gave the remote to that girl right, it was Baams mistake i think he was trying to show Koon that he is a part of FUG but didnt want her to press the button so threatned her.. i think she either took it the wrong way by the word friend (she might have thought she was the friend and Baam was talking abt ran attacking her) and she got hyped and said slayer has spoken so pressed the button.
    OR she is madcap and wanted to finish koon.
    Ah, so your saying that it wasn't for Koon's benefit. An attempt to convince him that he was what he said he was and he thought the threat would keep her in check.

    That does make more sense them him giving her the detonator out of fear of FUG would be mad at him for keeping it.

    Though to be honest, it still seems a bit excessively dumb of Baam doesn't it? I mean, he could have kept the detonator and launched a few half hearted attacks in Koon's direction that would have done the same thing and he could have kept the detonator. Because the thing I just can't get over is that Xia was harmless without that device and Baam gave it back to her without even being asked to. He couldn't have known she would do it, of course. But giving her that thing made her "able" to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    Jammin:

    Separating Baam from those 'great' characters is itself a major part of the story telling. The fact that they're missing from being around Baam and you know how great they are intensifies his loneliness and how you feel about it. Well whatever, nothing can be said to reduce your emotional attachment to particular characters. I'm just glad that a compelling story isn't being sacrificed because some people have a crush on the 'strong cool girl.' Still, they'll most certainly have an important role in the series even if they aren't in Baam's immediate group, and it seems likely that after they're reintroduced in the tournament arc and everyone is caught up at the same place in the Tower, they'll be more closely followed over the subsequent floors. I don't see how you can still doubt the importance of FUG, as basically the entire series and more particularly the second half have all been about FUG, but whatever you want to believe.
    I pretty much disagree with everything you said but no surprises there, right?

    Judging by your tone, which is coming across to me as increasingly hostile and condescending, I'm thinking it's best to leave most of it alone. You have your opinion, I have mine. As strong as your convictions on the matter may be, I still don't agree. I'm happy to discuss those differing opinions, but only in a respectful way.

    The one thing I will respond to, since you said you didn't understand, is why I don't see FUG as as important as you do. It didn't exist in the narrative until part 2, what does that tell you? It's strongest member is a lowly 15th in the rankings. Their goal is to make Baam strong enough to take on the 3rd strongest person in the tower at which point Baam would be able to tear through FUG's best people like a bag of leaves (making the endgame dubious at best).

    I'm sorry but, as I see it, Luselec might as well have "midboss" tattooed on his forehead. Which is an important role, just not they one you seem to put them in. And I realize you think differently.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    I'm not completely familiar with what makes a bad guy cliché. Karaka's motivation is to replace Viole's weak and happy-go-lucky team with one that is stronger and more loyal to FUG so as to better observe and facilitate his climb up the Tower. He's done so by approaching sympathetic regulars and asking them to get rid of high rank regulars. Is something about that particularly cliché?
    It's not complicated. What makes a "bad guy cliché" are characteristics you have seen before, and frequently. Dark foreboding individuals with masks who work through cats paws and absurdly convoluted plans are a dime a dozen. That's like shounen villain 101.

    I assume he'll be fleshed out more when his face is revealed, that's usually how it works. In fact, he may also have a face we will recognize (that's all part of the package).
    Last edited by Jammin; February 11, 2013 at 08:45 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  5. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 & 131 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Ah, so your saying that it wasn't for Koon's benefit. An attempt to convince him that he was what he said he was and he thought the threat would keep her in check.

    That does make more sense them him giving her the detonator out of fear of FUG would be mad at him for keeping it.

    Though to be honest, it still seems a bit excessively dumb of Baam doesn't it? I mean, he could have kept the detonator and launched a few half hearted attacks in Koon's direction that would have done the same thing and he could have kept the detonator. Because the thing I just can't get over is that Xia was harmless without that device and Baam gave it back to her without even being asked to. He couldn't have known she would do it, of course. But giving her that thing made her "able" to do it.
    That i cant disagree, but hey its a manga certain amount of plot weakness is sometimes necessary to take things into the motion and direction which the author wants it to go.
    Any way lets just hope that Koon survives. Though i think that we wont see Koons whereabout for some time or some chap. baam will be forced to do more of Fugs bidding or will be forced to leave the place with the team he is now traveling with and we will get to see Koon survived much later.
    But i would be happier if i am wrong and Koon is shown to be intact in the upcoming chaps

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Here & There
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 & 131 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    That's my problem. He actually was in an a position not to return the detonator, at the very least.

    If a guy holds your friends at gun point and then drops the gun. You don't hand him the gun back do you? It's the same thing. I mean, at that point even if he was resolved to be obedient to FUG he should pick up the detonator and keep it himself while he leaves with Xia.
    I understand your reasoning but that's the terror of fear. You can't expect of Baam to remain calm in this situation, after he witnessed how a friend (Ilmar) got treated. And with Koon appearing his most precious friend, he didn't want to enrage them. That's how fear works, you don't rationalize...

    Credits:Shinsatsu

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #21
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 130 & 131 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    That i cant disagree, but hey its a manga certain amount of plot weakness is sometimes necessary to take things into the motion and direction which the author wants it to go.
    Any way lets just hope that Koon survives. Though i think that we wont see Koons whereabout for some time or some chap. baam will be forced to do more of Fugs bidding or will be forced to leave the place with the team he is now traveling with and we will get to see Koon survived much later.
    But i would be happier if i am wrong and Koon is shown to be intact in the upcoming chaps
    It never even occurred to me that he could be dead.

    My guess on how things are going to go from here is that Koon will wake up in the care of Baam's new team and they will end up telling each other what they know and proceed to floor 30 together. We'll get some scattered scenes to keep us appraised about what's going on with Baam but most of the screen time will belong to his new team and his old team meeting up, with Koon being the star of the show. I figure this whole thing is a set up for things to blow up between Baam's teammates and the FUG goons over Baam on the 30th Floor. So I think we'll be seeing lots of Koon, Androssi, Anak, and the rest in the near future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I understand your reasoning but that's the terror of fear. You can't expect of Baam to remain calm in this situation, after he witnessed how a friend (Ilmar) got treated. And with Koon appearing his most precious friend, he didn't want to enrage them. That's how fear works, you don't rationalize...
    You have a point, I mean my cat chases my dog around the yard despite it being 1/10th it's size. In a way that's kind of what was going on here, I suppose; but, just as running from the cat makes my dog look a bit strange, it's pretty odd for Baam to do what he did.

    It didn't really have to be that way either when you think about it. With a few tweaks that scene could have had Apple threatening Rachel through the lighthouse to get Baam's cooperation, and that would have allowed everything to fall into place with none of that oddness.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts