Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week Magi's chapter?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

3 25.00%
  • Excellent

6 50.00%
  • Top 10 in Magi

3 25.00%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Magi 174 Discussion/175 Predictions

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 174 Discussion/175 Predictions

Come on, I think we shouldn't compare the outcome of Magi chapters based when another manga was released the same time as Magi. How can you say that a chapter was "good" or "bad" just because some of our favorite manga was or wasn't updated? For me, that just shows how misloyal you are to your fandom...

Okay, putting that aside, Scheherazade's words really intrigue me. I wonder what she meant by "He is a real 'magi'" I start to wonder if she was a descendant of a Magi, or Aladdin's words are what a magi should be. And Mu might not still know that Aladdin is actually the fourth Magi.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't she say that bcause there are supposed to be only 3 Magis. She knows the other 2, so a 4th could be consider fake until Aladin proved the countrary

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprise if Scheherazade is not a magi but a strong mage, because nobody confirmed that she is a magi, i still believe that aladin that is the 4e magi.
    Maybe we don't know the third magi.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think she said that before because she wasn't sure if Aladdin was truly a Magi or not, until she was able to observe what he's capable of. I think there are the 4 Magis, but it's more common knowledge that there are only 3: Yunan, Judar, and Scherry. So having a 4th Magi is quite a shock to a lot of people.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 174 Discussion/174 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    I don't think its power, I doubt Yunan necessarily fought Mu and Judal he never met, he was referring more to the fact that Magi's strength are not solely based on brute strength but most likely from the guidance of the Rukh and thus his dilemma of not killing or necessarily interfering too much (funny how Scherry can comment on that when she herself has interfered with human affairs more than a Magi should I mean technically Titus is a product of her interference which had led to this war) beyond what the Rukh's recognize as necessary.

Its not so much the threat of isolation but the fact that given how little respect they have for the goi the types of technologies they develop and their espousal for a segregation are generally bad ideas that are best not spread. Along with the weapons they have in stock being weapons of mass destruction, and potentially whatever gambit they have in desperation, are probably what he's referring to. Like I've said before Magnostadt is a dangerous country given how it is and it is certainly not one you want to fall into the hands of major warring empires.
    After my second time reading the chapter, i realized the first point is what Mu (Scherry, Moga) argued as how he isn't different than other magician as using power to stop the war, then Aladdin' statement is that nobody will die. So next chapter the true fight begins.

Scherezade using Guidance of Ruhk to prevent an empire fall is quite egotistical, like a Zagan but in Magi version. This will make clear her intentions of not choosing a king but an empire.

I agreed your second point Hamy, that alone is the reason why Aladdin decided to go to Magnostadt after the Princess's trouble. Still i can't stop associating with how Solomon's ages Magicians were so strong that the great king's utopian country was erradicated, something about Dark Ruhk should be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    Come on, I think we shouldn't compare the outcome of Magi chapters based when another manga was released the same time as Magi. How can you say that a chapter was "good" or "bad" just because some of our favorite manga was or wasn't updated? For me, that just shows how misloyal you are to your fandom...
    Human works by mood state, it really stab my heart when Tite doesn't draw. I hope this isn't a problem while there it isn't a comparison.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason I don't think Sherry is a Magi either. Like someone said above it was never confirmed that she was truly a Magi but she did show the ability to be one so I don't know.

http://reader.sense-scans.com/reader.../15/174/page/7

This page sort of confuses me. Mu doesn't confirm that the person he was talking about was Sherry so I feel like there is a third Magi we don't know about. Someone please clarify to me if they think his silence was a yes to that question!

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand how you guys suddenly could postulate a theory that Scherry is not a Magi. I'm almost sure that she is a Magi, there are several characters which are more experienced and knowledgeable than Aladdin confirmed that Scherry is indeed a Magi. Unless we got trolled hard by Ohtaka. I believe the one who is referred by Mu is not Scherry, but probably Yunan.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/magi/110/12

In this page Judar talked about the other 2 magi but you can't say that he met scherry or confirmed that she is a magi, maybe he knows her by name and he can feel if Magi dies.

http://www.mangareader.net/magi/112/6

Even Sinbad says that it is not confirmed that she is a Magi but he confirms that she raises dungeons, what only a magi can do?

Even Mu did not confirmed that sherry is a magi, he was talking about yunan.

Is it possible that Sherry is the strongest Mage allive, if you think about it if you live for 200+ years you can learn al lot of magic/magic formulas and wisdom etc.
    She can be a ex magi? Maybe she kept the third magi in prison? And she is taking credits of the name of magi

If she is not a magi i don't think we are trolled by Ohtaka.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackking187 View Post
    http://www.mangareader.net/magi/110/12

Even Sinbad says that it is not confirmed that she is a Magi but he confirms that she raises dungeons, what only a magi can do?

Here I don't think he confirmed that Sherry can raise dungeons. He said that she raised dungeon CONQUERORS.

@Doraku The only reason why I think Sherry isn't a Magi because it was never confirmed. It is true that many characters said she is a Magi but I will still be skeptical until it is confirmed in the manga. Maybe she is just a really powerful magician.
    Last edited by shuha27; February 18, 2013 at 11:35 PM.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. It seems I was the one who is being ignorant.

Well, the fact that her physical appearance does not resembling a 200 year old granny at all is dubious already.

The most intriguing part among the facts which you mentioned is that I even forgot Sinbad didn't see Scherry directly, I wonder if this can be considered as legit foreshadowing of the real figure of Scheherazade or just simply a red herring. Well, in the omake of the birth of Sinbad, Scheherazade appeared too, and I'm convinced that her face was not really different from the current Scheherazade.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I still believe that Scherry is a MAGI. It is said that she has been able led various generations of the Reim Empire, and raise dungeons, which only a "magi" can do.
    Not only her, but Yunan and Judar were able to raise dungeons too, these were all proofs that the three of them are Magis.

We still cannot judge that a Magi is a "Magi" based on their age, or perhaps, Magis are immortal-like beings or their aging process is slower than any normal human being. Scherry is already 200+ old, while Yunan was in his same state when Sinbad was born. Judal hasn't seemed to age when Sinbad conquered his dungeon too.

Aladdin is clearly the 4th Magi, "The Magi that has been kept in the Holy Palace" as the Banker/Isnan have said.

If Ohtaka had trolled us, then....

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

That was some display of skill fro Aladdin; I'm happy that he improved so much.
    About the rest, for a moment I tought that Alibaba absorbed the flames shot by the three Ugos towards the shore, but instead it was Aladdin himself that stopped them.
    Oh well, now that the Kou Empire will come, I guess that we will see Alibaba soon.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess that only the 3 Magi and those that know Aladdin are aware of the existence of the Fourth Magi and the rest of the world is still unaware of his existence.
    "Marine Admirals"

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really thrilled to witness what Alladin will show in the upcoming chapter.
    I believe he might use Solomon's Wisdom, thus deffinetly prooving that he is a Magi to everyone.

About the other three Magi... Well, I believe it's quite adamant that Sheherizada, Judal and Yunan are all Magies, but the World still doesn't know about Alladin, so now he will be finally officilly reknown as the one and acknowledged by every country.
    Though it seems that in a near future he might have some sort of a duel with Sheherizada.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

posibility 1 --> Aladin is the 4. Magie

Posibility 2 --> Aladin is the 3. Magie

posibility 1 has SOOO MUCH MORE story to telling you could write whole books why there is now a 4. magie about but posiblity 2 is just a AHA effect not more..

so what do you guys think will the mangawriter use ? ... honestly guys no one with imagination would use 2 if there is a door 1
    --
    The Mangas i like:

One Piece; Naruto;
    Hajami no Ippo; Hunter x Hunter;
    Beelzebub; Toriko; Fairy Tail
    Bleach; Hitman Reborn; Gantz

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2