Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Shin Woo and the gang are poisoned! What will the RK-4 do now?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beat the antidote out of Kelvin. Preferably with a rubber hose, a large helping of spite, and no mercy.

3 15.79%
  • Call Frankenstien. And pray to god he didn't turn his phone off.

8 42.11%
  • Wake Raizel. There's no choice.

4 21.05%
  • Chicken Soup. Hey, it's worth a shot!

2 10.53%
  • Other(please post)

2 10.53%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 271 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 271 Review

Last week was an opinion poll on Rajak. I found the results a little surprising. The majority thought he was cool but not top tier, including myself, but there was a pretty solid chunk that liked him less. After a chapter in which he got to look so cool that surprises me. I take that to mean, that his lack of personality is still holding him back a little.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

Uh Franky..you do remember your supposed to be the good guy..right?

This chapter starts with M-21 taking a stand against Yuri, Kelvin, and Mark. He holds them off fairly well but, when they realize he's holding them back so his friends can get Shin Woo and the others to safty, Yuri reveals that it doesn't really matter if his friends can get them out because they will die of a poison Kelvin used on them. This enrages M-21 and he starts fighting seriously; blowing out the roof of a section of the school.

Back in the ruins of the city, the battle between Rajak and the 8th Elder rages on. Despite taking quite a bit of damage the 8th Elder shows no wear and tear, in fact he seems to become more powerful. Using an energy shield on his body to protect himself and a variety of beam weapons but Rajak is just to fast for him.

It eventually becomes apparent that, though it will take a while with his incomplete soul weapon, Rajak will be the victor. He fights the 8th Elder much the same way a matador fights a bull and the outcome seems inevitable.

Understanding this, the Lady Werewolf prepares to intervene. Siraina is unhappy about it, probably due to a few shreds of his pride as a Clan Leader, but she basically tells him that the 8th Elder is more valuable than his pride.

Before anybody can do anything, however, the battle stops because the 8th Elder notices he's been impaled through the stomach...by Frankstien's dark spear. From across the battlefield Franky feigns confusion at how such a thing happened.

Chapter Review

Actually, why am I worried about fairness in a duel were one guy has a knife and the other shoots laser beams?

Substance

The biggest thing that happened this week was finding out Shin Woo and the gang have been poisoned by Kelvin. With the resident mad scientist, having his hands full entertaining some "visitors" those kids are in some serious peril. The last time people were poisoned it was cured by Raizel awakening them, which practically put him on his deathbed. Now twice as many people are poisoned which is obviously not good.

Poison revelation aside, things went pretty well on M-21's end of things. He didn't seem overwhelmed by Kelvin's poison abilities or Marks strength so, as long as Yuri continues to stand around doing nothing, things are looking good.

The 8th Elder versus Rajak continued along the path that was set last week. With Rajak being quite simply too agile for 8th to keep up but unable to hit hard enough to put him down. Fortunately Franky, with one of his classic evil gleeful smiles, decided to speed things along with a well placed spear to the 8th's gut. Though a dark spear to the gut may not necessarily be a fatal injury to the insanely tough 8th Elder, it should cause the Lady Werewolf and Zarga Siraina to enter the fray too. So it seems things are about to get noisy in what's left of that neighborhood.

Presentation

Once again the combat art seemed pretty solid. The combat panels were good, though not quite up to last week's high standard. There were a couple of hiccups, like the fact that the section of wall or ceiling in the school that blew up last chapter wasn't missing from the top down shot of the school and that panel were the 8th Elder was all black except for his burning eyes. I assume that black panel was trying to emphasizes the brightness of lights as well as Rajak attacking him from the shadows but it just looked too out of place to me.

In terms of pacing, it was a fairly short combat chapter so there isn't really a lot to say. I expected a bit more of M-21's fight but given the revelation about the poison it's probably better to focus on what Takeo and Regis are going to do first. It was also good that Franky ended Rajak and the 8th Elders fight before it could start to seem to drag.

Overall Rating

A short but enjoyable combat chapter. It wasn't perfect but there was still a lot to enjoy here. And Frankenstein "accidentally" stabbed the 8th was inspired.

I give it a 4 out of 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction
    • Raizel will be the one to heal the poisoned kids through some means or another.

Old Predictions: (22 Wins/ 27 Losses)

Nothing confirmed or disprove this week.

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Last edited by Jammin; February 12, 2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Terrible grammar this week >.>
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 271 Review

5 out of 5 from me.

Was reading the chapter...
    "Ah, it's okay I guess."
    Got to the last page...

"YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful review as always Jammin! Though I's say ramen is more accurate than chicken soup lol

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    5 out of 5 from me.

Was reading the chapter...
    "Ah, it's okay I guess."
    Got to the last page...

"YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    That made me laugh too. Classic Franky.

Quote Originally Posted by IxNxFxIxNxIxTxE View Post
    Wonderful review as always Jammin! Though I's say ramen is more accurate than chicken soup lol
    I thought about that but I wasn't sure everyone would get the joke.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    That made me laugh too. Classic Franky.
    Haha, yeah. On that last page, the characters are all
    Then there's me

Noblesse just rules.

I thought about that but I wasn't sure everyone would get the joke.
    After all the experiments, I wouldn't be surprised if Franky's ramen soup imparts super powers or something too, in addition to curing illness, and tasting good.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    After all the experiments, I wouldn't be surprised if Franky's ramen soup imparts super powers or something too, in addition to curing illness, and tasting good.
    And just think of all the evil things Crombell will do with that super recipe.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

And just think of all the evil things Crombell will do with that super recipe.
    Oh man... I'm imagining a scene where Crombell has finally finished re-creating the stuff in the data he stole... and he's staring at a tank of mysterious fluid (soup), wondering what properties it has...

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Jammin

I voted for "Call the Franky and pray", but, I think RK-4 will try to beat a recipe out of Kelvin ... but fails, so calling the Boss will be the true option.

Franky's "accidents" are always hilarious His characters is really very well made, given the fact, that he's a complete @$$hole towards his enemies, but still remains the good guy (well... good in terms of story XD)

It would be also priceless, if the data, which Crombell already stole, were mostly different recipes for Ramen ... somewhat I have feeling, that RK-4 medical's data were put somewhere into "not important" file in Franky's computer, while his ramen research holded "Top Secret" label XD
    To the great surprise of Crombel, despite tasting fantastical, Franky's ramen would have no special effects ...

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Franky pulls out the "Oh, you. " moment, which was completely expected and hilarious.

Franky will probably fix the situation once the battle's over, but my vote is that Shinwoo and the rest die because the children are realistically irrelevant to the story and are only used as comic relief between battles.

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

On the plus side, I get to see a shot of Androssi with the review, so it can't be all bad.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

FrostyMouse: Children are important to the story ... without them, there would be all fight and serious situations and how about Rai? He would feel lonely ...

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Jitt, um, that comment was aimed specifically at Jammin who wants Shinwoo to become some superpowered individual (last I checked, eventually becoming the Noblesse) and I heavily disagree, believing that Shinwoo will never amount to anything in Noblesse.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for my misunderstanding But I agree, normal Shinwoo (and gang) are better than OP ones ... someone just must stay normal in the story full off superpowered beings

24. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jitt View Post
    I'm sorry for my misunderstanding But I agree, normal Shinwoo (and gang) are better than OP ones ... someone just must stay normal in the story full off superpowered beings
    Exactly. You need some comic relief characters at times and if the humans just became superpowered, then where would we be?

26. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with FrostyMouse. I hope that at least one of the kids die so that Rai would be pissed off. I mean imagine it. At the time the Union are the Hunters and Rai and co. are the ones being hunted. But as soon as Rai decides to annhilate the Union cause they killed one of the kids then Rai will be the hunter (The Judge (Rai) and His Hangman (Franken) and the Union will find themselves as the ones being hunted.

And like I predicted Rajak's fighting style is a concern for any enemy. So whoever he is going to face will have a hard time. Especially now that Franken confirmed that Rajak made up for his incomplete SW with his speed and skills.
    Last edited by Mohsen; February 12, 2013 at 03:41 AM.

28. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Mohsen, you kind of misinterpreted it. Um, as I explained in my second post, it was a comment aimed at Jammin over a subject that we go back and forth about, which we're both in complete disagreement about.. Noblesse is a series where no one good dies (M-24 wasn't actually good), so none of the kids are dying.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Although, welcome to MH and the Noblesse subforum.

30. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast