Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Enhancement or Modification of Nobles

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Enhancement or Modification of Nobles

I was wondering, has Union attempted enhancement or modification of Nobles? If you think about it, the first answer comes to the mind is No. Nobles are very powerful already and if they are enhanced further, no one would be able to stand against them.

However, there is another possibility, creating a being powerful enough to defeat even the Noblesse, which I believe is the strongest. May be the union head is a clan leader who wanted the position of the Lord but he/she was unable to compete with Rai or the Lord or her daughter. Its a remote possibility but it is worth the discussion.

I am sure we can explore some other scenarios as well. Please share your valuable thoughts...

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Enhancement or Modification of Nobles

I'd bet the nobles would choose not to be enhanced simply out of pride, and not because they think they're too strong already.

But I'll be a little disappointed if we don't see at least one noble with a cool modification. So I'll vote yes, because Noblesse usually meets or exceeds my expectations.

And unless the Union has something more powerful than nobles (like maybe enhanced nobles, lord of the werewolves, or a cyborg way more powerful than the 8th Elder), then they couldn't dream of overcoming Lukedonia so easily, with the few elders they have left.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

They might have bigger guns then the ones we saw. It seems the numbers do reflect their power-levels. The recent elders are more powerful.

From Underworld, could they have experimented with a hybrid of Vampire + Werewolf? They have used Werewolf for enhancing humans. It would be crazy, no?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Hybrid Vampire + Werewolf is not that much crazy, if you take in account, Noblesse is essentialy a battle of mad scientifists. It wouldn't surprise me, if Franky already tried to pull out something like that and maybe, that was the reason Raizel forbid him further experiments on living beings (as Tao and Takeo and M-21 asked him to be further modified, he stated he need a permission of Rai to do that).

But it's probably still incomplete, though.

Enhancing the nobles seems "impossible" because of their pride ... i can only see them "giving up" only their DNA code for the sake of union (something like okay, you can take my blood, but don't bother me anymore) or so.

About werevolves ... they seem to be a combat pragmatists in oposition of nobles, as lady werewolf suggested stabbing Rajak from behind ... something noble wouldn't do (probably, as Zarga hesitated). They hold some pride, but don't let it decide the fight outcome. Maybe because of that trait, they will be more willing to undergo some enhancements "for the sake of fight" ... but it makes less sense, since we still didn't see a proper werewolf in the story (not counting Lady werewolf shot and M-21 enhancement), so if it's the true, we should see at least one normal werewolf in action before anything werewolf-modified will pop out to wreak havoc in Seoul.

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the werewolf enhancement might turn up in a noble, since we know the union was experimenting with it already (M-21).

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a rich concept

I could easily imagine some of the strongest Elders being hybrid beings. Maybe former clan leaders who have been "optimized". Whether than be through hybridizing themselves with werewolves or something more flashy like...

Either way I can easily imagine the Elders taking every advantage they can get in their quest for world domination.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha, that would be quite the twist if one of the Elders is actually revealed to be Voltron.
    (Complete with the green mouth-hand! That always made me laugh.)

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Voltron, I used to be a fanboy. As for The Pride of Nobles, I am not sure it applies to the nobles who betrayed. I wont be surprised if one of them was modified. The lure of becoming more powerful than other nobles should be strong enough to neglect their pride. Union cannot dominate or rule as long as Lukedonia exists. The humans modified or elders, may not be enough to defeat them all.

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

True. I think that would fit with Siriana's viewpoint, for example. I think that to him, a lack of power would hurt his pride. And so perhaps he'd be willing to be modified, in order to save that greater pride. And if not him, maybe another traitor would.

---

I haven't seen much Voltron, but I've been told I should watch that and RoboTek (spelling?). Though sometimes they don't have the same impact as when you were 5, haha.

(Perhaps the Elders 1-5 have a special combination "docking" transformation!! )

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Oh also... What of the possibility of a traitor noble forming a contract with another noble to boost their power? Or forming a contract with a werewolf?

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that contracting between nobles themselves isn't possible. It wouldn't make sense to be ... more when it's two being with equal power: creation can't be stronger than the one, who offered contract, but nobles, contracting werewolf might be. Well, theoretically ...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I imagine one of the traitors will be modified. Even if they underestimated the strength of Lukedonia I thin k they were still wary of the Lord or else they would have killed her already.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Rai's bonded was experimented by Union so that he can rival Lord's strength?

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

@strixflash I didn't think of that, I was under the impression Rai had always been alone, until Franky. But maybe not, maybe he gave power to someone and they abused it. I could see that happening.

New Reply