Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whitebeard

29 59.18%
  • Gol D. Roger

20 40.82%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Semifinal 1: Whitebeard vs. Gol D. Roger

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Semifinal 1: Whitebeard vs. Gol D. Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Yes, but once you sail through the entire Grand Line, you return back to the start.
    Hahaha. Actually, we have no idea what happens to you. Maybe you come up out from inside Reverse Mountain, get shot up in the air, and land in some random place on the globe. Who knows.

Crocus joined when the Roger pirates began their adventure on the Grand Line.

---

Anyway, when this tournament began, I assumed Whitebeard would win the votes.

Personally, I think it would be a shame for the undefeated Pirate King not to win.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Fixit's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Geez, lets finish this tournament already, Roger is the winner by the solo fact he was the king

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a tournament of individuals. Roger became pirateking, but he didn't do that alone, he had a crew, friends, family etc., not to mention the circumstances - we still don't know what it takes to get to Raftel - and whatever else played into that like knowledge - will of D., lost century - and so forth.

Or in short: wait how people vote

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    This is a tournament of individuals. Roger became pirateking, but he didn't do that alone, he had a crew, friends, family etc., not to mention the circumstances - we still don't know what it takes to get to Raftel - and whatever else played into that like knowledge - will of D., lost century - and so forth.

You could have said that in the previous Roger battles.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Josear XIII's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

i can see shanks winning this tournament I'll vote for white beard since someone must have surpassed Gol. D at some point in OP universe and i think this man was the one in his prime

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Please, for the love of God, vote for Whitebeard.
    Yes, Roger is the Pirate King, but we have no idea about his ability.

We CANNOT have a guy we don't know winning the tournament!!!
    I'm glad this tournament happened, but it should have been tier'd up... and no feat characters like Roger/Dragon/ect. would not be used, and it could've been more fun... I knew from the beginning it would with no doubt be one of these two winning...

WB has my vote... because Gold Roger has no feats and I'd have him lose against Don Krieg if it came to it... sure Roger's the Pirate King but it doesn't mean much in this tournament in which he has no feats other than holding a pistol and sword and screaming at Shiki...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

True, but of course Roger did it with a much, much smaller group of people than any of his rivals had. I mean, look how many pirates Whitebeard had! Shiki had a whole armada too. Garp and Sengoku often went together, along with Marine warships. So if anything, it speaks to the individual power of each crew member, and Roger for being the boss of such monsters.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

My vote goes for Whitebeard. Roger X Whitebeard had an epic battle sometime in the past and I remember it being tied and we have seen some kickass abilities/powers of Whitebeard in ace execution war saga and we had only heard about Roger. So my vote goes to Whitebeard

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    True, but of course Roger did it with a much, much smaller group of people than any of his rivals had. I mean, look how many pirates Whitebeard had! Shiki had a whole armada too. Garp and Sengoku often went together, along with Marine warships. So if anything, it speaks to the individual power of each crew member, and Roger for being the boss of such monsters.
    In direct fights between two whole groups, I would agree that the smaller one has more powerful individuals. However, we do not know about the way to Raftel / becoming pirateking yet, so it might as well be easier for smaller groups. On the other hand, Garp and Sengoku represent the Marines, the military/police of the Worldgovernment (as far as we know) so they naturally need bigger groups. Shiki, afair, was plotting to topple the Worldgovernment, which is a diffrent task as well and similarly Whitebeard settled down as Yonkou for which he needed a big crew (do we actually know his crews size in the days of fighting Roger?).
    So altogether, their groups rather follow the function they have in the manga and we can't necessarily derive their strength from that. Interestingly, Luffy took on the role of protecting FI which doesn't really fit the crew's size, but that's another discussion.

tl;dr: neither title nor the size of the combatants crew help us decide this match. follow your heart?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Whitebeard settled down as Yonkou for which he needed a big crew (do we actually know his crews size in the days of fighting Roger?).
    Whitebeard's goal was to have a family, so the size of his crew was an end in and of itself, not something he needed for a secondary goal or for power.

I also think territory is less about having someone stationed there to actively defend it and more about the threat of reprisal if you mess with it.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Have to agree with Sachsenhesse here. I'm sure Gol D Roger had his own strengths that were unique and formidable enough to scare the ish out of many people (both marines and pirates). However, we've witnessed a lot more from Whitebeard during the Marineford Arc and he definitely showed his value as a Yonkou. Looking back on it now, I would've loved to see more but from the amount of injuries sustained while already suffering from a severe illness you got to hand it to him. Legendary stuff~

My vote goes to the old man!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Fixit's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

LOLOLOLOLOL

at least roger didnt have this one+

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know so much of the power of . Gol D. Roger but for akanui to say that he was a legend and whitebeard wasn't close to him but i know akanui did it to pissed off ace also but if just one pirate has explored the grand line (new world), and became the only pirate king, i vote for . Gol D. Roger but i would like to more about him and his battle skills while whitebeard is a freaking monster and he was also a legend to me..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah!
    WB won!!

Thanks to that, we can have a great Finale, where we can actually discussed things such as Powers and Abilities, instead of Fame and Reputation...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF? We have seen the limits of sick Edward so that's why he wins.

So by this logic, if we have Roger Vs Hannyabal, the second one has to win because he has showed his limits.

May i think that in the popularity poll Whitebeard won by 59.18%?

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast