Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The Fate of Gekko Moria

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Fate of Gekko Moria

After combat ended, in a back ally of Marineford, Doflamingo and a squad of Pacifista attacked Gekko Moria. He was acting on orders of a mysterious, high ranking World Government official, someone who outranked then Fleet Admiral Sengoku. Doflamingo later explains to this mysterious figure that Gekko Moria simply vanished. Claiming he was half dead, Doflamingo joked that Gekko would have died anyway, unless he managed to turn himself into a zombie. The meaning of this is clear enough: Gekko Moria survived, and will have a role to play sometime in the future. How did he survives? What role could he play when he returns? Could he possibly return soon, now that Luffy and Law are targeting Kaido, his old nemesis?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Buulord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Fate of Gekko Moria

I definitely think he'll get in on the action involving Kaido; I feel it would be a waste to have him show up after the fact. Moria and Law might have made some contact with each other over the time skip leading Law to want to use him in this plan. As for how he survived, given what Doflamingo said in his report I'd have to say the most likely would be some surprise help from Absalom, though imagining him trying to heft Moria out there all stealth like is hilarious lol.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Moria also must have a vendetta against Doflamingo at this point too. The man did try and take his life. It would make the most sense to bring him back during this saga, already featuring two characters he would want revenge against.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

indeed,he will appear at the end of this saga,when doflamingo is defeated and maybe sent to ID, moria will appear and will kill him. then he may take his revenge against kaido too. I think he really died and turned into a zombie,stronger than he was at his prime.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember there being a discussion on that he was alive, which came out as a part of the new world times.

I guess it says he has been spotted in the new world, so that should confirm he is alive.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he survived because Absalom was with him in Marineford. With the Kage Kage no mi Moria can turn himself into little shadow bats called "Brick Bats". However, he cannot dissapear completely, that is Absaloms ability.

The reason why he had Absalom with him is simple: Because he was frightened. What we know of Moria is that he has lost everything twice. First was against Kaidou, his crew was annihilated. After that, Moria probably became the lazy sloth we know know as he was thin in Chapter 0. After he lost to Kaidou started building his Zombie Army on his mighty ship, Thriller Bark. However he lost both his army and his ship after losing to Luffy. Moria knew very well that he couldn't keep up with the big shots at the war, and so he became frightened.

Seeing as Moria has got a horror theme, this is quite funny.

Even though Doflamingo said that his chances of survival were low, we know that Moria has one of the most skilled doctors.

As Moria is connected to both Doflamingo and Kaido I can see him appearing soon.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah,there are other guys who pointed absalom's ability out. but keep in mind this,men: someone with CoO should have sensed him,imo. also,he couldn't move either,and it's strange to think he was carried by absalom and hogback whilst surrounded by dd and the px. yet,this seems an interesting hypothesis, though I prefer the one which would strengthen him,making him a zombie (and zombies are stronger than human), stronger than he was before, to let him shine again in the NW.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

And I repeat, Doflamingo didn't even sense Aokiji practically sitting on his head, until he started talking. Haki observation level: FAIL.

Moria either escaped with Absalom's help or switched places with his shadow. But seeing how Dofla said he just vanished into thin air (no mention of any kind of shadow, Dofla knows about his ability) it's most likely Absalom. Moria doesn't have any kind of zombifying ability. He puts captured shadows into corpses modified by Hogback. Without Hogback there are no zombies.

Moria can probably be modified by Hogback the same as Absalom and I see no reason why it shouldn't happen. I mean he probably realized after getting beaten again that he can't expect to become a PK only as a fatass with strong zombies.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I haven them, I will uploaded them in the Mega Combo Thread in some hours. Here the chinese version: http://www.ishuhui.com/thread-3803-1-1.html
    Done. Nothing new in comparison with the available translations.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys just had a speculation. DD attacked Moria in presence of pacifistas and they are completely under the command of WG/marines. So even though DD got to access them ones. But all he did during the fight would most probably back to WG. So to think DD would have actually saved Moria or even allowed him to escape is a not possible to a great extent. IMO may be Moria "vanishing" may be the out come of DD's DF, which has not been revealed so far. What do you people think? Well in any case Most agree Moria is'nt dead.

New Reply