Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 527 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 527 Discussion / 528 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    I've noticed many people are crying over Unohana's death, but look at it this way; Unohana died to make Zaraki stronger!!! It may sound logically stupid to kill off a character in this way, but I think some are failing to see the implications of her dying by his sword; its basically incentive towards Zaraki to encourage him to further develop his powers, and to master that certain Shinigami technique we've all been wanting to see!!! After all, if he didn't, her death would have been in vain!!!!!

If Unohana hadn't died, Zaraki wouldn't push himself as hard in the upcoming battles, and he almost certainly wouldn't master Bankai! However, as the current situation lies, he's gonna be pissed off bigtime; and who's he pissed off with? HIMSELF!!! Because he placed those shackles on himself, Unohana had to die to unlock them; I doubt Zaraki is going to be doing that again! Oh, and he's probably pissed off with the Vandenreich too, because if it weren't for them defeating him, he wouldn't have been given his extreme training regime in the first place!
    So Now its time to unleash the New Ubber Powerful Zaraki to those quincies who attacked on Soul Society and show how is the boss ... On a serious node i do agree with you , if he couldnt kill Unohana that means he didnt got rid of these shackles. What pisses me off is how conveniently she died , i mean that was supposedly her last battle, in which she had to show case her powers, instead what we have seen , A Cunning fighter/swordsman who could even use tricks to kill her opponents (talking about the second sword thingy) and then a Bankai which wasnt even explained nor showed what it actually does. That gave the impression that Kubo simply wanted to wind it up ASAP.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

If Zaraki gets to beat Juha Bach then I will admit I'll be OK with Ichigo using a bow.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Again, logic doesn't apply to SS. The whole organisation is batshit insane. In fact, every single shinigami is a total ass. Urahara's trained could have very well murdered Ichigo (and any training could, for that matter; see the Visored deal). They let a goddamn loon like Kurotsuchi roam free blowing up people for shits and giggles. They firmly believe in the absolutely idiotic notion of "one vs one no matter what because pride is absolute and screw my duty". They have super tech but still let half of the Rukongai live in the mud. The whole 11th division is made of barbarians. The policy seems to be "genocide everything that's a pain in the ass". They wanted to straight up murder Ichigo as soon as Ginjo took the bait. Rukia herself talked about casually murdering Ichigo just because in the very first chapter, and Renji was borderline killer the first time we saw him (no problems in offing both Ishida and Ichigo whatsoever). They let Ikkaku Madarame, an idiot who would rather lose fairly than win for the greater good, be a seated officer; and his immediate superior is a mother-flipping kid (who just happens to be mad as a hatter). Their king is some kind of monster, and is protected by a quintet of weirdos who won't move an inch to help SS because "it's not their duty". One of the fairest captains was about to kill his own sister because rules. The Central 46 is a confederacy of Adolf Hitlers.

I could go on, but I believe the point is clear. Let's move on
    Spot on man, SS really is in the gray zone. Awesome post btw

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, the current developments don't necessarily suggest that zampakuto are not an extention of the shinigami himself. Even in a extreme scenario it just means the bond is different from what we normally assumed it to be. Even if the asauchi starts out as a different thing from a shinigami the manga has not yet ruled out that a zampakuto becomes an intrinsic part of a shinigami. We already knew asauchi were given to shinigami at the academy, now we just know where asauchi come from.

Orihime's power has not yet been referred to as fullbring and the last time we saw it at work it did not have that light all fullbrings have when they are used though. While similar to a fullbring it does not seem like her ability literally is a fullbring. More so, her ability is actually more similar to a zampakuto seeing how it is made out of 6 different beings. As for chad, his powers being hollow like has been stated since he trained with renji. Even then, it is extremely important that the fullbring light did not appear early in the manga (I checked) however it did start appearing after the concept of fullbring was introduced. The concept of fullbring as it was presented to us did not exist by the time chad got his powers at least. More so, fullbringers are not made by being attacked by hollows. Fullbringers are made when a mother is attacked by a hollow and bits and pieces of the hollow's power remains within her and passes it on to her sons.
    hmm, indeed, we still have to see how asauchi affects and transforms a shinigami, or at least explained. We still don't know how exactly it works.
    For example Hitsugaya seemed to have his freezing abilities before becoming a Shinigami and entering the Academy. I don't remember whether it spoke to him before he did enter the Academy though, I think it did?

Assuming this is the case, a asauchi might just merely be a method to enhance the natural abilities within a shinigami, in order to enhance it and control it.
    Matsumoto told Hitsugaya that he had to become a shinigami in order to not hurt his grand mother, and thus he became a shinigami.

So asauchi doesn't seem to give the shinigami their abilities or zanpaktou personalities, but it seems to be a method to enhance it dramatically / control it.
    But then, what exactly is asauchi? Does this mean that Ichigo had uncontrolled abilities similar to how Hitsugaya was before becoming a Shinigami?
    The nature of Ichigo's abilities could justify this, since it seems easier to control, but at larst, this could be an incomplete theory.

For example it doesn't explain Ichigo's zanpaktou or what exactly asauchi is.
    It does not explain why both asauchi and the inner spirit within a shinigami "both" has their personalities?
    Maybe they merge as time goes on with the asauchi at their side, and thus through this, the shinigami gains control and enhances his or her inner abilities?

About Chad and the fullbringers I wouldn't go that far, it may just be a design addition to the fullbringers (the light), it does not prove that the fullbringers was not thought up from the beginning. For all we know, the light design might be new, but not the fullbringers.
    Kubo sucks at foreshadowing either way, so it wouldn't surprise me xD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    In this thread I've seen denial, anger, bargaining, and [fan] depression over Unohana's death, but very little acceptance. It's okay you guys. She's gone.
    Expect her to live on, man. Remember that Byakuya thought he was going to die. Remember Hiyori. Heck, remember Renji against Byakuya.

She could very well wake up a coupla days later to find Kenpachi waiting by her bed and saying something like "it'd be a pain in the ass if you died, bitch" or something like that.

Or she could die all right. Nothing confirmed yet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just thinking about what we've learned during the second part of this chapter...

From what we've seen, the Asauchi start off as some kind of blank template, which then adapt to their respective Shinigami and transform into their Zanpakutou (it would appear this happens to both the sword and the inner being); this implies that the inner being is formed from the Asauchi. However, Nimaiya stated that Ichigo has been fighting without an Asauchi. So, unless Nimaiya meant that Ichigo HAS got an Asauchi, but has been fighting without it, this leaves a big question unanswered.....

.....WTF IS ZANGETZU?!?!?!.....

If Ichigo has been fighting without an Asauchi, then the inner being has come from somewhere else. This is where Ishinn comes into my theory; we know that both Ishinn's Zanpakutou, Engetzu, and Zangetzu both possess the Getsuga Tenshou attack, which makes me wonder if Zangetzu is actually the offspring of Engetzu; perhaps when a Shinigami has offspring, their Zanpakutou does as well!!!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    I'm just thinking about what we've learned during the second part of this chapter...

From what we've seen, the Asauchi start off as some kind of blank template, which then adapt to their respective Shinigami and transform into their Zanpakutou (it would appear this happens to both the sword and the inner being); this implies that the inner being is formed from the Asauchi. However, Nimaiya stated that Ichigo has been fighting without an Asauchi. So, unless Nimaiya meant that Ichigo HAS got an Asauchi, but has been fighting without it, this leaves a big question unanswered.....

.....WTF IS ZANGETZU?!?!?!.....

If Ichigo has been fighting without an Asauchi, then the inner being has come from somewhere else. This is where Ishinn comes into my theory; we know that both Ishinn's Zanpakutou, Engetzu, and Zangetzu both possess the Getsuga Tenshou attack, which makes me wonder if Zangetzu is actually the offspring of Engetzu; perhaps when a Shinigami has offspring, their Zanpakutou does as well!!!
    You mean when a "fake shinigami" has offspring, so far even a RG has claimed Ichigo to be a fake shinigami which could only lead to Isshin to be walking down the same path before when everyone discovered the basis of his powers. Perhaps Isshin transcended the hollowification phase and discovered a greater plateau beyond it which could be one of the reasons why he was exiled and left SS/ Royal Realm in the first place.

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JackBlack21 View Post
    It's probably people guarding against being trolled. Byakuya was supposedly dead too.
    Byakuya wasn't a fake-out for me. Maybe I'm just immune by this point but it didn't seem like Byakuya was going to die; it just seemed like he was being a drama queen.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Expect her to live on, man. Remember that Byakuya thought he was going to die. Remember Hiyori. Heck, remember Renji against Byakuya.

She could very well wake up a coupla days later to find Kenpachi waiting by her bed and saying something like "it'd be a pain in the ass if you died, bitch" or something like that.

Or she could die all right. Nothing confirmed yet.
    The last time I was faked out was by Hiyori's not-death. I should have known that she was just too tertiary to kill off.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

For someone who doesn't want to see Unohana die, Kenpachi has some sort of humor for real, aiming for a vital spot a second before.
    This was the most interesting point regarding the chapter

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member im over hyped's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

logically stupid things can happen it seems as long as its not the characters you like/love being used as tools/fodder right? turn ken into goku and people will forget about all the illogical things that happens. kubo might as will give ken a bankai half a second after hearing its names. retsu is alive until confirmed dead.
    I used to be a great female character, but then i took a sword to the chest twice by a imbecile .

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    For someone who doesn't want to see Unohana die, Kenpachi has some sort of humor for real, aiming for a vital spot a second before.
    I have a theory, not a theory, just an observation that many of us have likely made.

When Kenpachi is fighting, instincts kick in and because Unohaha wanted to draw out the true instinct beast, its not really that weird that he went for the kill. An instinct fighter goes for the kill. Another example is Ichigo. Like Kenpachi, they are both Instinct fighters, but when you draw out the true beast (Ichigonator and Child Kenpachi) they go for the kill head on, without second guessing.

Thinking about it, its not an observation at all, its just there in the Manga (Just me typing out loud to myself lol)
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    I have a theory, not a theory, just an observation that many of us have likely made.

When Kenpachi is fighting, instincts kick in and because Unohaha wanted to draw out the true instinct beast, its not really that weird that he went for the kill. An instinct fighter goes for the kill. Another example is Ichigo. Like Kenpachi, they are both Instinct fighters, but when you draw out the true beast (Ichigonator and Child Kenpachi) they go for the kill head on, without second guessing.

Thinking about it, its not an observation at all, its just there in the Manga (Just me typing out loud to myself lol)
    That's true, but Ichigo would never try to kill someone he holds dear to himself no matter what the circumstances may be. Kenpachi probably knew they were training at that moment, so, going for the kill instinctively is a bit odd.
    Though, I'm pretty sure there was no holding back as a prerequisite before they began.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That's true, but Ichigo would never try to kill someone he holds dear to himself no matter what the circumstances may be. Kenpachi probably knew they were training at that moment, so, going for the kill instinctively is a bit odd.
    Though, I'm pretty sure there was no holding back as a prerequisite before they began.
    It was explained that Kenpachi was holding back naturally though and Unohana was trying to release the True Kenpachi. Ichigo holds Ishida as a dear friend, yet he was hostile towards him when he was fighting with pure instincts.

As a killing Machine, Kenpachi would naturally go for a vital spot.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

He was fighting seriously and driven by instinct. Had he missed a vital point on purpose, it would have been out of character :P

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

The relationship Kenpachi has with Unohana (which started with them trying to kill each other) is nothing like the relationship Ichigo can have with, let's say, any character anywhere, anytime. Ichigo is a normal teenager with superpowers. Kenpachi is a several-hundred-years-old madman.

There's a far vary between the meaning of "holding dear" both characters have. May God have mercy on your soul if Kenpachi Zaraki holds you dear or looks up to you. Dude only has one way to show affection. Apart from Yachiru, of course.

14. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

He was fighting seriously and driven by instinct. Had he missed a vital point on purpose, it would have been out of character :P

I think you have a point- he was so into fighting full on that I dont think he could have held back and hit a non vital spot. that was kind of the point of the training.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    I think you have a point- he was so into fighting full on that I dont think he could have held back and hit a non vital spot. that was kind of the point of the training.
    That's true, and agreeing with Sky Render as well.
    It's quite easy to be prejudicial, it seems too many Bleacn fans are only skimming the chapters for quick developments without looking into deeper meanings / reflecting on the chapter now a days.

It's kinda sad, but seems like some are giving up on Kubo's story telling by default, without giving him a chance, without trying to understand the chapters, and skims through it for the pure action and arts.
    Then again to be fair, it's also the areas he excels.

New Reply
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast