Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: How does this theory sound to you?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's totaly plausible and I support it!

37 66.07%
  • It does make sense in a way but there are a few holes

10 17.86%
  • It makes sense but I believe the ending would be different

8 14.29%
  • It doesn't make sense at all

1 1.79%
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inherited Will, "One Piece"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Geez's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Inherited Will, "One Piece"

Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    Nami also stated after the time skip that the red line is actually a chain of islands. It can't be just a coincidence that Pluton was described as a weapon "that can destroy whole islands". If the chaos in the grand line is caused by the magnetic fields of the chain of islands that is the red line, destroying it would maybe end the chaos. It's also curious that right after passing fishman island (passing the red line), the magnetic fields are so chaotic that even the normal log pose doesn't work anymore.
    I think you're pointing at something really interesting here. If we take Kukriblades' theory for granted, then Pluton was designed by the AK to destroy both Dressrosa/FI and Reverse Mountain in order to create One Piece.

Anduren's comment about how magnetic fields become even more complicated than before could lead us to believe that it would be man-made. Maybe using Uranus they found a way to distort the weather permanently, thus giving birth to a gigantic maze hiding Raftel. But, it's kinda too Magic-Magic for me.

But what if, in place of Grand Line, was in fact a sort of Red Line perpendicular with the current one?

Pluton did its work, destroyed it in many pieces and leaving it like we know it now. The magnetic field problem would be the result of such a hard treatment. Man, i'm sorry if someone already said it. It never ever crossed my mind...

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything seems quite logical so far.
    Even so, I don't think Dragon's and Luffy's objectives are opposed to each other, since we know little about Dragon motivations.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    If the chaos in the grand line is caused by the magnetic fields of the chain of islands that is the red line, destroying it would maybe end the chaos.
    man, you are genius!

I've been searching a possible logical reason behind the disappearance of GL's anomalies since I proposed this theory in 2006, and never found one. But you found it in a second. Yes, that could be the case if you think about it... It makes sense.

that is probably the best back up to this theory so far and I thank you for that.

Quote Quote:
    About the second hole you mentioned; I was also wondering about Impel Down: A building seemingly built off the sea floor in the middle of the calm belt out of solid rock. This building may be older than the world government. There is also the Tarai current and the underwater current that drifts everything to the sea forest; as well as the mysterious florian triangle. Could these things be connected? (considering they all exist near the same area and next to where the red line, grand line and calm belt meet) I'm sure destroying the red line near them would have some effect on them too.
    err... I don't think this has anything to do with the second hole I mentioned.

I was particulary talking about how people hasn't been complaining about the hellish sailing routes of the planet. Except the people of W7, they seem quite fine with it.

Sanji and Zeff could traveled from North to East Blue though the red line's in their way.

Even the enormous Thriller Bark ship somehow managed to make it to Grand Line from west blue, ignoring the facts that it should be impossible in any way(it didn't go through reverse mountain that's for sure)

Quote Quote:
    If an island sized wall was destroyed instantly, unless it was vaporized, all the debris would fall on the oceans and cause huge tsunamis the likes of which even Whitebeard couldn't create (possibly).
    I had think about the possibility and I have an idea : the sea king, they actually have enough power to create huge-scale sea disasters (tsunami, whirlpool, etc) and this is the actual reason why they are called Sea Kings and feared as a very destructive weapon.

However, they also have the power to prevent one from happening. So it will be Poseidon's job to command them to do so when the time comes.
    Last edited by Kukriblades; February 19, 2013 at 08:45 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I misunderstood and also wasn't all that clear earlier... I meant about Impel Down, etc. that there's a chance the landscape was different at some point before the void century (Water 7 where Pluton was designed probably didn't have any sinking problems; Impel Down may have been constructed on dry land; etc.) If the red line was artificially created it may have been the cause of the Tarai Current (with the underwater hole where fishman island is the same way Smoker realized there was a river hidden behind the iceberg on Punk Hazard).

I said it may not be a hole in the theory because the idea that the red line may have been artificially created and what the landscape was like before the void century is a separate issue from the dream of clearing it to unite the oceans.

Quote Originally Posted by Geez View Post
    But what if, in place of Grand Line, was in fact a sort of Red Line perpendicular with the current one?

Pluton did its work, destroyed it in many pieces and leaving it like we know it now. The magnetic field problem would be the result of such a hard treatment. Man, i'm sorry if someone already said it. It never ever crossed my mind...

This would certainly explain a rise in the oceans submerging a large part of the planet leaving a lot of islands.

About Dragon vs. Luffy, based on what Dragon said to Ivankov on chapter 587 (Luffy's flashback in Goa Kingdom) and what he said in chapter 100 (coincidentally on the same page that shows Gol D. Roger's statement about "flow of time," "men's dreams," and "inherited will," I also don't think there's any conflict between Dragon's goals and Luffy's goals. If anything, I think he will come to help facilitate the completion of Luffy's dream just like he helped Luffy set sail from Loguetown for the sake of promoting freedom.
    Last edited by Anduren; February 19, 2013 at 10:35 AM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Tarai is artificially made or an effect of something that was artificially created, then it has sense to name of Tenryuubito.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. That's some amazing work. The degree of extrapolation you've gone to in your theories with the evidence available is equivalent to what would normally qualify for gross speculation, but you've put the pieces together in such a way that makes so much sense that I can't imagine you're very far off, if not right on the money.

I think you may actually have just made One Piece more exciting for me. The whole "One Piece" concept has always been so ephemeral to me that I didn't really have any clear idea what it was Oda was trying to build up to (which I guess has been holding my engagement in the story back more than I realized), but as others have pointed out, you've managed to actually turn all the references dropped piecemeal throughout the manga into something material. Now I have an outline for a very plausible direction for the story that sounds full of intrigue and emotion the likes of which we haven't seen in the manga yet. I for one will be rooting for your predictions.

By the way, your grasp of English and how to communicate with it is genuinely very good - no need to qualify it. You practically write like you were raised in a Western country, so I doubt anyone would ever have trouble understanding you.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Your post and theories were such an enjoyable read, I even paused my music to enjoy it. I think many people had thoughts on a few things you mentioned there but not assembled or tried to relate them as such. For example I had always thought about the destruction of the Red Line but nothing beyond that; not even the repercussions or reasons for it. The stuff on all blue were all such new innovative ideas, I'd never heard anyone present such factual and well explained hypothesis on it before.

With that said, there's one thing I wanted to bring up, that immediately caught my attention; the ancient weapons and particularly Poseidon. You say that:

Quote Quote:
    And So they made this project, an insane one, but has to be done. The project was about eliminating the Red Line and Grand Line to fuse the 4 seas into one big ocean, the united ocean. The called it the project of “One Piece”. In order to do so, they started to build some weapons which will be strong enough to destroy the red line (later called Ancient Weapons)
    From the story though, we know that Poseidon (at least) is a living weapon and her power is an inherited ability passed down from Merfolk; more specifically the Ryuguu Kingdom's bloodline every century or so. To tie it in with your theory about Joy Boy being the king of AK, from their close relationship he knew of the level ability she had and maybe she had made a promise to also help him with her power if she needed it? and he'd written down the location of this "weapon" should a man who has inherited his will ever need to use it to achieve his dream. Now this is all just a random and quick thought that I welcome elaboration, but I just wanted to jot it down here before it escaped me.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    To tie it in with your theory about Joy Boy being the king of AK, from their close relationship he knew of the level ability she had and maybe she had made a promise to also help him with her power if she needed it?
    that's what I thought too. that's why I added this line to the theory
    V

Quote Quote:
    The Poseidon has fully taken control of the sea king and make them some kind of ‘police’ of the ocean to prevent other sea monsters from going wild. (yes I do think this is very possible)
    there are probably more... I mean, there would be a lot of good things you can do if you can actually control the sea kings.

==============================================

anyway, the theory still leaves a lot of unexplainable stuff so I want to add more related theories

The Importance of "Raftel"
    Spoiler show

Joy Boy = The King of Ancient Kingdom??
    Spoiler show

The Name of The Kingdom Is...
    Spoiler show

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, in the future, when we will reach those chapters in which those revelations take place, I will have to make an aditional effort to remember what was cannon facts, and what was wirtten by you here. Because what you wrote is really believable in regars to what we know about OP. Thanks for writing those predictions. They are very enjoyable.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say this was very enjoyable to read actually, and makes sense with what we know so far
    Good job man

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kukriblades View Post

3.They left out 3 historical epigraphs, mainly tell about a big war beetween Pandawa and Kurawa clans <- you can relate it to poneglyphs and the war between the AK and 20 kingdoms

i like to say something about it
    as I/WE know about Pandawa and Kurawa is that they r part of Indian history
    Pandawa's r son's of younger brother and Kurawa's r son's of older brothers
    Pandawa's r 5 brothers and Kurawa's r 100 brothers
    Pandawa and Kurawa had dice game and pandawa's lost everything even themselves (i dont know its right word or not but i hope u guys understand)
    to return every thing to pandawa's is they are required to go into exile for 12 years, and in the 13th year must remain hidden. If discovered by the Kauravas, they will be forced into exile for another 12 years.
    The Pandavas spend thirteen years in exile; many adventures occur during this time. They also prepare alliances for a possible future conflict. They spend their final year in disguise in the court of Virata, and are discovered just after the end of the year.
    At the end of their exile, they try to negotiate a return to Indraprastha. However, this fails, as Duryodhana objects that they were discovered while in hiding, and that no return of their kingdom was agreed. War becomes inevitable.

Pandawa = Kurawa
    5 = 100
    AK = WG
    1 = 20

as pandawa's lost dice game AK lost war 800 years ago or 400 years ago (i said 400 to thinking AK is Shandora)

as Pandawa's required to go into exile for 12 years, and in the 13th year must remain hidden (shandora left land and go in air 400 years ago and about hidden very few people know about it)

about their return and war (just say return = one piece and when luffy find one piece we know there will be war).

about Pandawa and Kurawa war in this war both sides summon vast armies to their help and line up at Kurukshetra for a war
    i think in final one piece war dragon and his army , some pirates and other good guys will come to help luffy
    about other side till now we know marines (akainu's team) is part of WG so in final war WG will enter with full force

there is one similarity between pandawa and SH
    pandawa's leader Yudhisthira and SH captain luffy didnt lie
    Last edited by suraj5898; February 26, 2013 at 08:38 PM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner closenaze8's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

this is my theory of One Piece too, i post it to mangastream before, but unfortunately the forum was gone.
    I post it before Shirahoshi (Poseidon) came,.

But, what do you think of the Revolutionary Army role here, is Dragon after the One Piece too?
    Dragon's plan is to unite kingdoms against the World Government because he knows that something is wrong of what the World Government doing.
    but do you think it is possible that Dragon looked for One Piece too? and didn't succeed so he built a Revolutionary Army instead?

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by closenaze8 View Post
    this is my theory of One Piece too, i post it to mangastream before, but unfortunately the forum was gone.
    I post it before Shirahoshi (Poseidon) came,.

But, what do you think of the Revolutionary Army role here, is Dragon after the One Piece too?
    Dragon's plan is to unite kingdoms against the World Government because he knows that something is wrong of what the World Government doing.
    but do you think it is possible that Dragon looked for One Piece too? and didn't succeed so he built a Revolutionary Army instead?
    i think dragon have see one piece and know all about AK that why he created Revolutionary Army to defeat WG

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    Pandawa's r 5 brothers and Kurawa's r 100 brothers

Pandawa = Kurawa
    5 = 100
    AK = WG
    1 = 20
    Pretty goddamn nice find. That just added another strength to the theory. I always wonder though if Oda would really dig this deep for a reference.

Quote Originally Posted by closenaze8 View Post
    well, there must be a reason why Dragon appeared along the 'golden pattern' I was speaking about.

Spoiler show

If you ask me, this guy probably have discovered everything.

Can't tell how he did it though, unless he has some poneglyph experts or he could actually dechiper the texts by himself.

26. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner d_ace_shines's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Shandora is the name of the golden town in Jaya Island, and also Desert and River in the Alabasta (I'm not sure the name is perfectly the same, but "Shandora" and Sandora.. ).
    Both have poneglyph, which showing the location of Ancient Weapon.
    Both had kingdom in the past.
    Both protect the poneglyph and keep it carefully, from generation to generation.

I think we can assume that Alabasta and Jaya once also the part of this "Shandora Kingdom"?

28. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast