Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: How does this theory sound to you?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's totaly plausible and I support it!

37 64.91%
  • It does make sense in a way but there are a few holes

11 19.30%
  • It makes sense but I believe the ending would be different

8 14.04%
  • It doesn't make sense at all

1 1.75%
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inherited Will, "One Piece"

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Inherited Will, "One Piece"

Quote Originally Posted by d_ace_shines View Post
    Shandora is the name of the golden town in Jaya Island, and also Desert and River in the Alabasta (I'm not sure the name is perfectly the same, but "Shandora" and Sandora.. ).
    Both have poneglyph, which showing the location of Ancient Weapon.
    Both had kingdom in the past.
    Both protect the poneglyph and keep it carefully, from generation to generation.

I think we can assume that Alabasta and Jaya once also the part of this "Shandora Kingdom"?
    true that.

however, for some reason, I think the similiraty was pure coincidence. Would be great though if they're actually connected.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

You're theory is amazing, I'm pretty sure thats how it will end, altho I would like to point out something.

About the conflict between AK and WG, they had 800 years, the WG is pretty clever, They could have manipulated the thoughts of people to a point where they could make the AK look like the bad guys and thus have no problem, WHY then is the WG even terrified about anyone finding anything about the AK.

I was just thinking, our world currently, has experienced countless wars, America killed millions of people in Japan with nuclear bombs, yet they somehow managed to forgive and accept the fact, America has a debt of 13 trillion dollars, I don't think you can even imagine how much money that is, yet it still doesn't have that much of a value.

However there is one thing, that even 300 years from now, country still don't forgive one an other, and probably never will, you know what? Genocide.

What I believe is that The WG completely hunted down, anyone related to the AK, if the world population came to know about this, the WG would lose all their credit, the marines as well, and it would just cause revolution and civil wars.

So did anyone from the AK survive, you mentioned this somewhere, the AK are none other then .... The D's, yep, they survived extinction, yet there is an incredible low amount of them. What hit me as well, is besides being extremely advanced, the D's where extremely nice and caring people, if you notice till now, thats why white beards mention that BB is not a D, makes sense, he's not one of them.

That is my theory at least. ^^

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

bump... found my lost ilustrations lol^^

so here is the rough chronlogy of FI's destruction :

Mariejoa and FI
    Spoiler show

initial state of FI
    Spoiler show

Pluton doing its job
    Spoiler show

the after effects
    Spoiler show

aerial view
    Spoiler show

5. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude that's a very interesting theory and it totally sounds right to me, even if no one can predict Oda's way of thinking :P

I'll add a point : WG was initially located on Marijoa, one of the two "needed-to-be-destroyed-area" and couldn't accept the idea of One Piece because it would have make them lost their strategic situation (both controlling first and second half of Grand Line, the plan that they are still accomplishing today). That's the beginning of the war, and we know who won it.
    Luffy will not destroy the Mermaid Island but Marijoa and the part of Redline concerned, covering with hudge rocks the Fishmen Island. I think Luffy will probably ask the Fishmen to move because his doings will make it being destroyed.

I never though about destroying reverse Mountain, but that's a really good idea, with the link to freedom and travelling around the oceans freely.

Dragon may know about One Piece, or Luffy will convice him for sure. And not only him :
    Spoiler show

Really really good post mate.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Shenduk's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Very well written theory, lots of information.

But, as much as I like this work and think it's very likely to be right, I don't like the idea of Grand Line being destroyed and the climatic chaos ending.

The world of One Piece is so unique, full of incredibly interesting islands and people, because of the isolation of the places given the crazy climate and the Grand Line existance.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like I read the spoiler to One Piece... and this is now my personal cannon should I die before the end lol (morbid, i know)... I really am looking forward to it... I don't know why I haven't really read this thread as much as I've seen it around...

I have nothing to add... all I can say is you deserve all the accolades you get for coming up with this theory... you must've chatted up Oda... lol
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Parts of this theory don't really make sense to me.

Quote Quote:
    800 years has passed, a pirate named Roger sucessfully reach Raftel and discovered the true history. He knows exactly what to do, but unfortunately his body didn’t allow him to… he had this incurable disease, remember? whereas the project needs a lot of power and time to complete, 2 things that Roger didn’t have that time.

Therefore, he decided to create The Golden Age of Piracy instead, hoping that there will appear someone who is strong and righteous enough to complete the massage in his place.
    This assumes that Gol D. Roger had a full understanding of the Void Century but couldn't fulfill it because of his illness/no Poseidon. However, Rayleigh himself said that there's a chance they interpreted the events incorrectly due to a lack of insight. Your theory is based on a rather straightforward concept and I don't see how they could've misinterpreted the writings if all there is to it is to destroy the reverse mountain. It seems rather straightforward to me.

Secondly, what exactly makes you think that Roger, or Luffy for that matter, would even be interested in carrying out this plan? To me, a large part of the theory is based on the assumption that anyone who learns the truth automatically wants to work towards it. I don't see Luffy actually trying to execute the plan (nor do I believe that something like this would be his dream). Why? Because Rayleigh sure as hell doesn't seem to have any plans of doing so himself. If Roger 'knows exactly what to do' then so does Rayleigh. If it is indeed such an appealing thing, why doesn't Rayleigh at least try? Instead, he's living carefree in Sabaody Archipelago. Let's not forget about Whitebeard who most likely knew what One Piece is since he proclaimed that it is real. He could've carried out the so-called plan too, yet he didn't do that either.

Also, I don't really see why the Ancient Weapons would be needed. One Piece characters can be extremely powerful. A fight between Aokiji and Akainu ended up permanently altering an island's climate. I don't see why Akainu or Aokiji couldn't simply destroy a mountain by themselves.

Another thing that I believe is incorrect is this part:

Quote Quote:
    Like a said, destroying both reverse mountain and fishman island is a must to complet the project. Therefore, King Joy Boy made a proposal of destroying FI to the former mermaid princess, Poseidon. She agreed but as an exchange she asked Joy Boy to move her people to a better place on the surface. Joy Boy gave a nod and started building Noah Arc afterwards.

Joy Boy managed to finish Noah but short after his kingdom lost a great battle against the 20 kingdoms. The promised cannot be fullfilled and he apoligized to Poseidon through poneglyph. However he still promised her “that day” would eventually come in the future, the day when fishmen and mermen live under the sun.
    In other words, what you're saying is that the Noah was more or less a device that was going to be used to evacuate the citizens of Fishman Island. Now, if the Noah were to be destroyed the only losers would be the citizens of Fishman Island. If so, then why did Neptune feel the need to apologize to Joy Boy while the Noah was being destroyed? That seems rather contradictory with your theory since Neptune says something along the lines of 'I'm sorry Joy Boy but saving the lives of the citizens comes first'. Your so-called project could still very well have been carried out without the Noah and if that were the case, all the citizens of Fishman Island would die. The apology seems out of place if your theory holds true.

You're also saying that the Ancient Weapons were created for the sole purpose of carrying out the 'One Piece Project'. But keep in mind that Poseidon, at least, isn't something that is simply created.

Lastly, if the whole point of getting to Raftel is to learn about the Void Century and being told to get ahold of the ancient weapons and use them to destroy the Reverse Mountain, then why not simply write that in all of the Poneglyphs? It seems rather stupid to me to have someone read all of the Poneglyphs just to get to Raftel, and then read the Poneglyph there to find out the truth. It would've been a whole lot to simply skip out on Raftel as a whole.

EDIT: I would also just like to say that I feel like your theory would mess up the dynamic of One Piece. So far, everything has suggested that One Piece would end upon Luffy getting to Raftel and finding the actual treasure. For there to be another arc after that, a much more important one too, somehow seems anti-climactic.

I think that Madame Shirley's prediction was only partially true. My guess is that Big Mom would target the Fishman Island as a future retaliation against Luffy and thereby, its' destruction would indirectly be caused by Luffy.
    Last edited by Azuma; May 04, 2013 at 11:13 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

@Azuma :
    Your first point is for me not as deep as it can : Roger died trying -succefully- to create a Pirate area. And it totally fits with this theory : he knew all the story and wanted to make pirates go on the Ocean and discover the One Piece, and its proposals.
    The point about Rayleigh is also linked to the making of the One piece project being real: he trained Luffy whose dream is to become the PK, and so helped him in his destiny. All the stuff around Luffy is making him the Pirate King ; and Rayleigh being on Shabony is the same as Dragon at Logue Town. Except the fact that Dragon may not know for what the D's are fighting for, freedom (and so an one pieced world).
    And for that, some people let them be and live to help this dream, even if they are not sure about this.
    About Luffy carriyng these plans, I do think that this theory, if it is it, will be delivered with a background, making Luffy wanting it be.
    And all this :
    Quote Originally Posted by Kukriblades View Post

Sanji -> it's obvious, he finally found the All Blue

Nami -> now that the entire ocean is free to sail, drawing world map is not so impossible anymore

Franky -> same reason with Nami, Sunny now can travel all over the world

Robin -> all of this happened because she found out the true history

Brook -> Ever wonder how Brook will return to the Twin Cape to meet Laboon? It seems impossible because the reverse mountain was in the way. But now, it’s GONE! They’ll meet again with ease, Bink’s Sake will be played along their emotional reunion. It will be a perfect moment.

How do you think??[/spoiler]
    About Job Boy, we are not really aware of him. BUT, he left to the Royal family a mission for Noa, apparently keeping it on state until the Promised Day ( we may expect the day when the Fishman Race will rise to the surface), and the King failed in this mission. So he apologized. That's all. I think he's too much shocked to think about his people in a way (he was going to die a little bit earlier).
    The second point is that Luffy will destroy the Island, madame Shirly's predictions' never got wrong. Will it be because of big mom or because of this theory, or anything else, we just can speculate. But it's underwater, how can a DF user destroy a such hudge thing?
    So, the point is that Luffy will came and tell his Fishman friends to get in the boat because he will destroy the Island by making a hudge hole in the Redline, at Marijoa's point.
    Marijoa, which will be destroyed by the Mugis for
    1) Avenge all the Tenrubito's victims and defeat the World Governement
    2) Fulfill One Piece and free all the Oceans.

And your point about OP ending when Luffy finishes Raftel is normal, everyone though about this. But Oda never makes think happens as we expected.
    And Luffy still have to make the world tour again (read the chapiters, you'll know why :P), so this really isn't finished. The New World is only the main course and the rest was appetizers (I do hope so).

Still in fond of this theory :P

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter if Rayleigh trained Luffy or not. At least a whole decade passed between the time Roger died and Rayleigh met Luffy. During that period of time, it seems like he was simply living a completely care-free life. I find it strange that he would simply stop caring about said project for at least 10 years if it is mind-blowing enough to cause anyone who reads it to do a complete 180 and dedicate his/her life to it and it alone. Gol D. Roger must have been an expert on human nature since he, according to you, knew exactly how to create an Age of Pirates.

As for Joy Boy, the whole ordeal sounds like the purpose of Noah was to do something which would directly benefit Joy Boy, with the help of Poseidon. That is more in line with Neptune's apology. So it makes no sense that this would simply be to use Noah to evacuate the citizens of Fishman Island. Why can't they simply swim away on their own? We've seen Camie and Papagg do it. Fisher Tiger and his crew most likely did that too. So why would the Noah be needed all of a sudden?

Also, the question still stands. What would make Gol D. Roger or Luffy that interested in pursuing the plan? Is it some kind of spell that they are put under? I find it extremely improbable that they'd read a Poneglyph and all of a sudden decide to dedicate their lives to that project. Luffy and Gol D. Roger both wanted to be the Pirate Kings because of the complete freedom it entails. Trying to gather the Ancient Weapons and be the ones to turn all oceans into one would involve a lot of responsibility. It is, in other words, against Luffy's wishes to live a care-free life on his own terms.

And once again, I don't even see the point of using the Ancient Weapons. I'm sure that Luffy or Zoro could destroy a mountain by themselves if they really tried.

To be honest, I don't even see why the Fishman Island should be destroyed. It's 10 000m below the surface and it should therefore be irrelevant when discussing the climate on the surface seeing as it probably has no effect on it from that distance.

The most fundamental flaw in the theory though is why the WG would be opposed to such an idea. What exactly do they have to lose? All you've stated is simply 'well you know.. politics'. On the contrary, they would have a lot to gain from such an event.
    Last edited by Azuma; May 04, 2013 at 03:17 PM.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    Secondly, what exactly makes you think that Roger, or Luffy for that matter, would even be interested in carrying out this plan? To me, a large part of the theory is based on the assumption that anyone who learns the truth automatically wants to work towards it.
    He probably will do it for a completely different reason. That's the way Luffy's mind works all these times, right?

Anyway, I'm aware of the fundamental flaw and I admit that a lot of stuff mentioned here were mostly speculations. however, I want to empashize that the main idea behind this theory lies on the 'free ocean' itself.

The main goal of the series is about Luffy and co achieving their dreams. You noticed that most of their dreams are very sea-related. Luffy wants to be the pirate king aka the man with the most freedom in the whole sea; Franky wants to sail his vey own ship around the world's ocean ; Sanji wants to find the legendary sea; Nami wants to draw a world map -- which mean she shares the same goal with franky, she must travel all over the ocean ; Brook promised to meet Labon, he also must travel across the ocean for that.

You see that their goals suggest the freedom of sailing, which wasn't very supported by current geography of OPsphere.

I want to particulary focus on Brook’s goal. Logically, it will happen at the very last point of the story for it’s the official mark where Luffy has completely circled the Grand Line and New World. And when it happens, we readers definitely want it happens with a bang. So there comes the idea of Red Line destruction, the reunion will happen with a bang (literally).

The motive of the destruction might be totally different from the one I initially mentioned, but it could still happen for the sake of creating a ‘free ocean’, completing Strawhats’ dreams, and executing a memorable ending (with a bang).

--

Oh well, I know all these arguments ddidn’t sound convincing enough… how I wish we have more clues and facts on this (the main purpose of the story). I mean it's been 700 chapters and there were almost none for god sake (sometimes I hate Oda for this). The only thing I could say for now, just watch the theory evolving --or dying-- as the story progress.

P.S : the school of island whales which appeared at the New World’s entrance, they had these similar scars with Laboon, right? That scene passed by like it has no importance… But I assure you it will play greater parts of the story (probably much) later. It will tie to this theory as well.
    Last edited by Kukriblades; May 10, 2013 at 05:22 AM.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Due to the length of your post, I will refrain from quoting all of it as it would just take up too much space.

Quote Quote:
    The main goal of the series is about Luffy and co achieving their dreams. You noticed that most of their dreams are very sea-related. Luffy wants to be the pirate king aka the man with the most freedom in the whole sea; Franky wants to sail his vey own ship around the world's ocean ; Sanji wants to find the legendary sea; Nami wants to draw a world map -- which mean she shares the same goal with franky, she must travel all over the ocean ; Brook promised to meet Labon, he also must travel across the ocean for that.
    Yes, I agree. All of their dreams are sea-related, but that was a necessity for them to even join Luffy's crew. Also note though, that you could just as well conclude that this ties in exactly with being in the crew of a Pirate King. After all, we were told that Roger became known as the Pirate King for sailing around Grand Line. Opening the sea is not required for them to achieve their dreams due to the known fact that Roger (and Whitebeard, probably) have sailed around the Grand Line. It is thus already possible.

Also, note that when/if they do reach Raftel and the end of Grand Line, they would have achieved their dreams already. At that point, Franky would have sailed with his ship around the world, Nami would be able to draw a world map, Luffy would have achieved what Roger did. Brook would be able to meet up with Laboon again etc. There really is no point in them "unifying" the seas for their dreams to come true. Personally, I don't care about Brook's dream. It is very uninteresting and I wouldn't mind if it were rather anti-climactic. That is just my personal opinion though and can obviously differ from yours or anyone else's.

The only one that doesn't tie in exactly at this point is Sanji finding All Blue, but for all we know, that could be some huge lake near/in Raftel (pure speculation).

Anyway, I am going to try to list the reasons that I find this theory, as a whole, implausible in a manner that is as clear as possible It will mainly be a re-post of what I wrote above, but I see that I was a bit unclear at certain points.

1. The Ancient Weapons can be bypassed completely. Throughout One Piece, we've seen countless of superhuman feats. Even those without DFs, like Zoro, have been seen lifting huge buildings and throwing them at their opponents. If we consider the One Piece Universe as a whole, there are countless of people that can destroy a mountain or two without any real problems.

2. Noah is completely unnecessary. We've already seen a few Mermen/Mermaids that have swam from the Fishman Island to the 'surface'. During the Fishman Arc, we also saw how the citizens were told to evacuate from the Fishman Island to the 'surface' without anyone even questioning if they can accomplish that. Thus, we can safely conclude that any Merman or Mermaid can swim from the Fishman Island to the 'surface' without any problems at all. In your theory, you argued that the Noah would be used to evacuate the citizens of Fishman Island. That would be completely unnecessary.

In support of your theory, you brought up Joy Boy's apology to the previous Poseidon. However, if we take this one step further and look at Neptune's apology to Joy Boy, and think about it in the context you're presenting, then the end-result is very illogical. Neptune apologised to Joy Boy for the fact that Noah was getting destroyed. If I'm not mistaken, Neptune also said something similar to that the lives of the citizens are a top priority and destroying Noah can't be avoided. This doesn't make much sense. Why would Neptune apologise for destroying the Noah in order to save the lives of the Fishmen if the whole point of the Noah in the first place was to save the lives of the Fishmen? "I'm sorry but the method through which you wanted to save our lives has to be destroyed to save our lives." Why would he direct that apology to Joy Boy if the fishmen are the only losers in that scenario?

3. Why does the Fishman Island even need to be destroyed? We've been told that the Fishman Island lies 10 000m beneath the surface. I might be wrong here, but would something that is so far below the surface actually have any effect on the state that the surface is in? Even if the Fishman Island lies directly beneath Mariejoa, it is extremely improbably that anything would reach the Fishman Island because of the current and water pressure.

4.Why would the World Government oppose such an idea? The way I see it, if the WG governs the world, then opening up and unifying the sea should bring nothing but benefits. It would simplify trade between nations, economies would prosper and it would simplify the monitoring of the seas quite a bit, if they no longer have to worry about absurd climate changes.

5.Assuming that the WG oppose that idea, then why is the Reverse Mountain so unprotected? The way you've argued, the WG should be aware of how the unification of the seas would be accomplished seeing as they went to War in order to prevent it. Now, given how powerful characters can be and that they are obviously aware of that, why do they not have a military base there to protect the Mountain at all times? It seems ridiculously stupid to leave it so vulnerable if it could lead to the collapse of the WG.

There are, on the other hand, a few details about your theory which I find plausible and those include that the "D." characters are descendents of the Lost Civilization and that Fishman Island was an ally to the Lost Civilzation. Perhaps the Poneglyphs were left behind with directions to the Ancient Weapons for their descendents to be able to decipher the location of the Weapons, collect them and use them to overthrow the WG. That would be more in line with the fact that they created Poneglyphs at the point that they realized that their defeat was inevitable. Perhaps the Noah is actually a huge battlefleet, meant to carry all the Ancient Weapons on board to direct an attack at the base of the WG and that the "D." are meant to carry this out but Roger was incapable of doing so because of his illness and decided to leave it to his successor. That could also explain what Whitebeard meant when he said that Teach isn't the one Roger is waiting for.

The issue that still stands though, is what it is exactly that made Roger, and would make Luffy, so interested and devoted to carrying out this plan? In a hypothetical case where Indonesia has disappeared from the Earth and you, 800 years later, happen to stumble upon an artifact that discusses some goal of Indonesia, can you honestly tell me that you would feel any desire to fulfill it? The way I see it, after 800 years, there should be no emotional connection to it.
    Last edited by Azuma; May 10, 2013 at 04:01 PM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    Due to the length of your post, I will refrain from quoting all of it as it would just take up too much space.
    1. The Ancient Weapons can be bypassed completely. Throughout One Piece, we've seen countless of superhuman feats. Even those without DFs, like Zoro, have been seen lifting huge buildings and throwing them at their opponents. If we consider the One Piece Universe as a whole, there are countless of people that can destroy a mountain or two without any real problems.
    Sure we've seen people who could toss or destroy massive stuffs easily, but we're talking about the Red Line. Based on several world maps drawn by Oda, we could say that even the Reverse Mountain alone looks 100 times bigger than Sandy Island (the biggest grand line's island we've encountered so far). Not to mention it is towering 10.000 meters both beyond and under the sea level. Imagine how sturdy that thing is.

So I think It's unwise to put Red Line on the same league with other land masses on OP sphere.

Quote Quote:
    2. Noah is completely unnecessary. We've already seen a few Mermen/Mermaids that have swam from the Fishman Island to the 'surface'. During the Fishman Arc, we also saw how the citizens were told to evacuate from the Fishman Island to the 'surface' without anyone even questioning if they can accomplish that. Thus, we can safely conclude that any Merman or Mermaid can swim from the Fishman Island to the 'surface' without any problems at all. In your theory, you argued that the Noah would be used to evacuate the citizens of Fishman Island. That would be completely unnecessary.
    We don’t know about that really. I mean we haven’t seen them swimming to the surface in a big group, particularly the whole kingdom together.

The reason why no one ever questioning if they can acomplish that, because they have a much more important question at the time --> whether they may go to the surface or not? The WG must aprrove their proposal first in order to make the migration happening, it all depends on the result of upcoming reverie.

Quote Quote:
    In support of your theory, you brought up Joy Boy's apology to the previous Poseidon. However, if we take this one step further and look at Neptune's apology to Joy Boy, and think about it in the context you're presenting, then the end-result is very illogical. Neptune apologised to Joy Boy for the fact that Noah was getting destroyed. If I'm not mistaken, Neptune also said something similar to that the lives of the citizens are a top priority and destroying Noah can't be avoided. This doesn't make much sense. Why would Neptune apologise for destroying the Noah in order to save the lives of the Fishmen if the whole point of the Noah in the first place was to save the lives of the Fishmen? "I'm sorry but the method through which you wanted to save our lives has to be destroyed to save our lives." Why would he direct that apology to Joy Boy if the fishmen are the only losers in that scenario?
    He had to decide it that way because Noah was purposely being misused by the villain to bring death upon them. It wasn't an easy decision, but what else he could have done? he didn't have a choice.

Quote Quote:
    3. Why does the Fishman Island even need to be destroyed? We've been told that the Fishman Island lies 10 000m beneath the surface. I might be wrong here, but would something that is so far below the surface actually have any effect on the state that the surface is in? Even if the Fishman Island lies directly beneath Mariejoa, it is extremely improbably that anything would reach the Fishman Island because of the current and water pressure.
    It is all about the prophecy. The visions of that gothic mermaid has never missed even once (kaimie stated this). It would be kind of lame if she failed to hit the mark just because the vision tells about the good-guy main character. Besides, it was foreshadowed further that the vision might actually happen a year from now on.

If Oda really is a great storyteller, I believe he will make it happened.

Quote Quote:
    4.Why would the World Government oppose such an idea? The way I see it, if the WG governs the world, then opening up and unifying the sea should bring nothing but benefits. It would simplify trade between nations, economies would prosper and it would simplify the monitoring of the seas quite a bit, if they no longer have to worry about absurd climate changes.
    Now I can agree with this, one of the biggest flaw of the theory. Well, there was a theory floating around about WG being the good guy and AK the bad guy (I don’t like the sound of that though)

Quote Quote:
    5.Assuming that the WG oppose that idea, then why is the Reverse Mountain so unprotected? The way you've argued, the WG should be aware of how the unification of the seas would be accomplished seeing as they went to War in order to prevent it. Now, given how powerful characters can be and that they are obviously aware of that, why do they not have a military base there to protect the Mountain at all times? It seems ridiculously stupid to leave it so vulnerable if it could lead to the collapse of the WG.
    It is supposed to be a top secret. Putting a well-armed military base would indicate something precious was hidden/protected, don’t you think? So they protected the truth instead by prohibiting poneglyph deciphering, It’s safer that way. Besides, they can just bring the 170 nations(well probably not all of them) to defend it for them anytime, that would be more than enough.

Quote Quote:
    Perhaps the Noah is actually a huge battlefleet, meant to carry all the Ancient Weapons on board to direct an attack at the base of the WG and that the "D."
    I think that would kill the name “Noah” itself. Noah was always meant for pure salvation in any story and not the opposite. Besides, Pluton is already a battleship so it can travel on its own. Though we don’t know about uranus yet.

Quote Quote:
    The issue that still stands though, is what it is exactly that made Roger, and would make Luffy, so interested and devoted to carrying out this plan?
    Like I stated, they might do it for a totally unrelated motive. Just like when Luffy wanted to do a treasure hunt in Skypiea and ended up stopping a 400 years of bloodshedding war. Heck, I'm not even sure if Luffy was aware of it... He just ends up being a hero all the time without him even noticing. That's just the way Luffy does his stuffs (and probably Roger too)
    Last edited by Kukriblades; May 13, 2013 at 12:36 AM.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

wow i really want the ending should be like this the term one piece.

i just think of this remember chopper's goals

"To find the Sakura flower so he can cure any disease. A.K.A. become the greatest doctor in the world."

what if somehow luffy will also get a disease because maybe by using the ancient weapon or reading the poneglyphs will get you or luffy losing 10 years of his life because of the events in impel down , thats where chopper will come in, in the future he's gonna find that sakura flower and use it to luffy.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

About Luffy wanting to achieve this theory - the One Pieced World- I think the story will develop mainly around the WG's actions.

In the beginning of each book there is a note : this is a fictionnal story which doesn't reflects reals events. He says it because he has to and also because it's about a world government ruling the whole world.
    That may be the aim of the Gorosei, and we will learn more about this. When Luffy will know all of this - yes he is dumb, but he also hear things and understand others, and we know he doesn't like either WG/Marines or Tenrubyto, he will and to destroy Marijoa (the meaning of this too) by destroying the Red Line.
    It will cruble and destroy what's beneath : Fishman Island. Other possibility : by destroying FI, this point of redline would crumble. Anyway Noah's job starts here : migration of Fishmens.

My view ^^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think, with a story about Piracy and the conflict of Government, while there is still the issue of revolt against that same Government, the "One Piece" theory could be a state of "influence" over the masses. That power is always overlooked for power that is affected by the senses.

At least, I think, that's why the Elder Stars of the World Government are hidden from the world and at the same time, in fear, of Pirates, who automatically have a freedom of their own choice to live the lives they wish, whether good or bad.

Just my own personal view of the topic, based on reading One Piece.

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast