Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: How does this theory sound to you?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's totaly plausible and I support it!

37 64.91%
  • It does make sense in a way but there are a few holes

11 19.30%
  • It makes sense but I believe the ending would be different

8 14.04%
  • It doesn't make sense at all

1 1.75%
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inherited Will, "One Piece"

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Inherited Will, "One Piece"

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    Due to the length of your post, I will refrain from quoting all of it as it would just take up too much space.

4.Why would the World Government oppose such an idea? The way I see it, if the WG governs the world, then opening up and unifying the sea should bring nothing but benefits. It would simplify trade between nations, economies would prosper and it would simplify the monitoring of the seas quite a bit, if they no longer have to worry about absurd climate changes.
    My theory is that the World Government's plan is All Bridges which directly goes against All Blue.

Opening the seas would definitely complicate the monitoring. The less ways there are on the seas, the easier it is for the WG to rule them and control the travels. The entrance of Paradise and New World are probably the most evident examples of how useful it is to catch pirates. About the bad weather, I'm pretty the WG is developing technologies to change and control it, so that they can go wherever they want into the wild seas.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting thread.

2. Noah is completely unnecessary. We've already seen a few Mermen/Mermaids that have swam from the Fishman Island to the 'surface'. During the Fishman Arc, we also saw how the citizens were told to evacuate from the Fishman Island to the 'surface' without anyone even questioning if they can accomplish that. Thus, we can safely conclude that any Merman or Mermaid can swim from the Fishman Island to the 'surface' without any problems at all. In your theory, you argued that the Noah would be used to evacuate the citizens of Fishman Island. That would be completely unnecessary.

In support of your theory, you brought up Joy Boy's apology to the previous Poseidon. However, if we take this one step further and look at Neptune's apology to Joy Boy, and think about it in the context you're presenting, then the end-result is very illogical. Neptune apologised to Joy Boy for the fact that Noah was getting destroyed. If I'm not mistaken, Neptune also said something similar to that the lives of the citizens are a top priority and destroying Noah can't be avoided. This doesn't make much sense. Why would Neptune apologise for destroying the Noah in order to save the lives of the Fishmen if the whole point of the Noah in the first place was to save the lives of the Fishmen? "I'm sorry but the method through which you wanted to save our lives has to be destroyed to save our lives." Why would he direct that apology to Joy Boy if the fishmen are the only losers in that scenario?
    The reason is obvious. Unlike the OP assumed, the promise wasn't for the fishmen to use noah to escape destruction....

If this theory is true then the destruction's main target is Mariejoa. Were the AK evil ? Would they destroy a city and its inabhitant justs for the completion of their project ? Answer : No. The former king Joy Boy asked the fishmen's queen to help them evacuate Mariejoa and probably Sabaody in Noah.

This links to your other point...

3. Why does the Fishman Island even need to be destroyed? We've been told that the Fishman Island lies 10 000m beneath the surface. I might be wrong here, but would something that is so far below the surface actually have any effect on the state that the surface is in? Even if the Fishman Island lies directly beneath Mariejoa, it is extremely improbably that anything would reach the Fishman Island because of the current and water pressure.
    I still think Fishmen's island will be destroyed, the seer's prediction is just that convenient in the whole plot, it will be realized at some point. This is not merely foreshadowing now.

Fishmen's Island might be destroyed because of aftereffects, just like the OP said. It's true that it seems well protected that deep in the sea, but we're talking about cataclysmic events here so it's possible to have repercussions there too.

But... it could also be because when Luffy reaches Raftel and somehow decides to put the One Piece plan in action, the WG/Marines decide to go all out and put obstacles in the SH's way. If these theories are correct, the SH need the ancient weapons, and one them just happens to be located at.... That's correct Fishmen's Island.

There was an interesting conversation between Robin and Neptune at some point about Poseidon. Neptune was afraid that the marines would hear about his daughter's abilities. But someone (Caribou) was eavesdropping, and mentioned was one his contacts would be very interested in this information.

If Caribou (or anyone else for that matter like some of the former Hody's slaves) delivers this information to the marines, and luffy is on the point of applying the AK's plan, then a ruthless solution is to destroy fishmen's island. We know who the fleet admiral is now... The perfect man for the situation, who will never hesitate to get a buster call in this case, with the marine ships coated it sould be doable, or even ask the admirals to go there in person an do their best.
    Last edited by oneeyed; January 20, 2014 at 08:05 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ihypn9z's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you bumped the thread, a thought of mine as well; you claimed that the AK was Shandora. After the last chapters I'd say it is Arabasta. Doflamingo said that the WG was formed by 19 kingdoms and not 20, since Arabasta did not want to participate. What if they indeed fought as you said, but there were 20 kingdoms to begin with and not 20. Arabasta was the 20th, the AK. They lost the war so they did not want to participate to this new "World Government". Otherwise, why would Arabasta fight against the AK but would not like to participate in it?

Oh, the irony, they picked up Robin from Arabasta, the Ancient Kingdom. Not to mention that they have a nakama (Vivi) form that kingdom, who (guess what) is the princess of this kingdom. So that her nakama help her create the dream of their ancestors (well, she doesn't even know though), One Piece. If you remember Vivi said that she is not even mad at Robin being Luffy's nakama. How could she get mad at her anyway? She's the key to this theory.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this theory in terms of the golden pattern and destroying the mountain and creating all blue. I'm not sure about the AK's one piece plan thing though, but anything's possible. I think it would be interesting if that area was already all blue in ancient times and the mountain, grand line and calm belt were man made in order to protect whatever is on Raftel and Roger was the only person to find out and destroying the mountain will put everything back how it was. Highly unlikely though. Here's what I can't get my head around. Roger's the only person to reach Raftel, he finds out he's sick so he gives himself up to the government and tells the world that he's hidden his treasure somewhere and they have to go find it in order to start the pirate era in hopes that the one he's waiting for (aka luffy) will go after the treasure and arrive at the island and find whatever's there, whether or not it's info about the AK's plan, and then a huge war is going to break out because whitebeard said so and I've seen an interview with Oda confirming it. Uh, Ok? So my issue is this: one piece isn't really treasure? I don't just mean gold and jewels. Obviously it would be boring if one piece ended with Luffy sitting on a giant stack of gold but it's not even something that had real personal value to Roger like how everyone seems to have a treasure that is important to them in more ways than just it's monetary value. Like Luffy's hat. The whole series is based around a McGuffin just to start a war? I find that really sad actually. I mean even if this theory is proven wrong it's still confirmed that whatever one piece is will start a war and that's really awful to me. Sorry for the rambling and I hope it's not too late to post since this theory is quite a few years old.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kukriblades View Post
    THE INHERITED WILL, "ONE PIECE"

Related theories

The Importance of "Raftel"
    [spoiler]
    So why no one could reach it except Roger pirates?

Let's get back to chapter 301, read carefully...
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

now look at the last page, "this also means I must follow the guidance given by the tablets I have read so far... to the ending point of Grand Line, Raftel!!"

I think Robin implied that the poneglyphs held 'the key' to Raftel. In other words, Raftel couldn't be reached by any ordinary mean. The only way to get there lies on poneglyph, and you must read all of them (it would be some sort of jigsaw puzzle if you ask me. you have to collect them all and rearrange them to get the big picture.)

That's why not a single soul could reach it since Roger, because none of them are able to dechiper the texts.
    I think this theory is fantastic. It explains so much and was really a stroke of genius. My one question is actually related to one of the other theories you put in your post. In this

Rayleigh says that Rodger was not able to read the texts but rather that he could hear the voices of everything. Does that mean that the texts are not what led him to Raftel but rather something else? When I first read that statement I didn't understand until the introduction of observation haki. I thought his haki was at such a high level that he could listen to the sea kings, and somehow this ability to listen is what got him to Raftel.

It's just a little confusing because Rayleigh explicitly says that Rodger could not read the texts (even though he somehow wrote that message), so then would the texts really be what directed him to raftel?

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

This is prolly one of the best theories on One Piece that I've read. It's pretty well structured, there's no doubt in that. I agree that the inherited will is somehow related to the poneglyphs and the ancient kingdom. It's not a coincidence that the last poneglyph is located in Raftel, and the One Piece could simply be the Rio Poneglyph. Right now it's the best thing that could happen to the world, because it would reveal the truth about the void century and the WG evil deeds.Hell I even think that the scientists of the ancient kingdom might have created the devil fruits, since there's no sign of a devil fruit tree.
    But there's a few things that don't make sense to me.If the purpose of the ancient kingdom was to get rid of Red line and Grand line, then how is this a threat to the other kingdoms? To me everyone could benefit from that. And even if they succeeded in their plan, they could have just continued to exist as a separate country, unless they had other goals.Maybe their real goal was to unite the world in one big empire, and for that purpose they created the Ancient weapons. But then why would the WG pass for evil by trying to stop them from a world conquest? Well if you think about it that ancient kingdom could be an equivalent to Atlantis. They obviously were very advanced technologically, and they were more prosperous than the other countries. So if they had united the world, they would have made the world a better place, an utopia in a way. The weapons might not have been there to destroy but to protect the world, Poseidon in particular has the power to command the sea kings.
    Also what if the reason behind the chaotic weather in Grand line is the result of the big cataclysm where the ancient kingdom is destroyed, because that's what I suppose happened. It's just a theory.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read the thread, and I find it really interesting! This theory is great, and Id' like to say something about it. Sorry for my English, is quite bad but I'm so excited
    and I want to contribute to the topic.

1) It's true, Fishermen Island lies 10000 m beneath the surface. But if Mariejoa is going to be destroyed, Fishmen is in trouble too, because there's Eve tree! The light reaches this island only because of the tree, and in addiction an earthquake or a "seaquake" is going to pass through the tree's roots and shake the Fishmen Island.

2) Noah, in my opinion, will be the new Fishmen Island! It's smaller, about half of the size of the old one, but probably it will be enough, because the Fishmen and the Mermaids can also live on the other islands. Furthermore, probably the Fishmen King itself doesn't know why Noah was created, he has only an idea of it, like King Cobra. People who can't read the Poignee Griffe are not well informed.

3) The Ancient Kingdom probably wanted to destroy the Red line and the Grand line to create All blue and a unique space, and that would bring happiness and prosperity all around. But as you know, quite often people are afraid of the unknown. It's something that is really human, and Oda keeps reminding us this complicated themes (people fear the Fishmen and don't want to live with them, for example). It's something that we experiment everyday!
    Imagine there's someone that will be damaged if All Blue is going to be created, for example a sales company. It would be quite easy to spread all around the idea that this plan is too dangeous and the Ancient Kingdom is the bad guy. So a world war and the Alliance will be the consequence. Then the Goverment tried to hide the whole thing because they didn't want that people could think that this idea was quite good and perhaps try to realise it again.

What do you think?

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

My speculation about One Piece is also about a weapon, a weapon that can be described as a weapon of mass destruction.
    But I just wasn't able to deduce and elaborate it like what TS had made to build this theory.
    I haven't read the manga from start, but the anime. I just started reading manga when Luffy was about to meet Hancock at Amazon Lily.
    So, everything TS put into the theory is really somthing. amazing effort.

I support this theory.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

About the Ancient Kingdom, around the time the World Government was formed they did something to it that must be hidden from the world. But what exactly was it? We have seen the Tenryuubito do some very devious things in public and the Government doesn't care about it.

A very straightforward theory is that the D are the descendants of that Kingdom, and Raftel is the only surviving piece of it. The Ancient Weapons probably also originated from the civilization in there. And I can't stop thinking that Maxim or Noah are somewhat related to all this. Maxim connects it the Moons of One Piece world.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF!
    Now I finally understand what the world of One Piece looks like!
    Somehow I had imagined the Grand Line and the New World to be pools of water surrounded by mountains and I had always wondered what separates the North, South, West and East Blue from each other. >__>;
    Blame Oda for never drawing a proper map of a world with such weird geography.
    Actually, I'm pretty pissed off now! I didn't realize there was enough information to make a guess on what One Piece could be and came to say "Maybe a swimsuit!" ^^'
    *could have gotten there myself with a better map*

@TC: How about not just saying what might be the solution, but giving some hints instead?
    I absolutely hate spoilers, though I like theories.

Oh, nvm, he probably will never read that, as I have just realized that this thread is quite old and was just raised up by a new answer. >__>

After drawing a picture and staring at it for a bit, I now get it. XD
    So, the Grand Line wraps once around the world, meeting in a 90° angle with a mountain ring, which also wraps once around, so they meet twice and if you made a hole into the ring at those two points, the Grand Line would be like a highway which you can travel to get anywhere on the planet (now it even works as a planet, before I was like: "With this geography, wouldn't the world of One Piece be flat?"... but with everything else being unusual anyway, I just ended up shrugging it off).
    Last edited by Tournesol; July 10, 2014 at 05:05 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Tournesol
    Actually, if I remember right, there were some pictures of the One Piece world here and there in the earliest chapters and episodes where different people, including Nami, were explaining the calm belt and reverse mountain.

But you cant really blame the story because apparently even the people of the One Piece world doesn't have a complete map of their world. After all, making a complete map is Nami's dream. So a lot of the topography is unclear specially near the New World side of reverse mountain.

Also by the way, Nami explains just after the time skip that the Red Line is actually a chain of islands (winter islands?).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tournesol View Post
    WTF!
    Now I finally understand what the world of One Piece looks like!
    Somehow I had imagined the Grand Line and the New World to be pools of water surrounded by mountains and I had always wondered what separates the North, South, West and East Blue from each other. >__>;
    Blame Oda for never drawing a proper map of a world with such weird geography.
    Actually, I'm pretty pissed off now! I didn't realize there was enough information to make a guess on what One Piece could be and came to say "Maybe a swimsuit!" ^^'
    *could have gotten there myself with a better map*

@TC: How about not just saying what might be the solution, but giving some hints instead?
    I absolutely hate spoilers, though I like theories.

Oh, nvm, he probably will never read that, as I have just realized that this thread is quite old and was just raised up by a new answer. >__>

After drawing a picture and staring at it for a bit, I now get it. XD
    So, the Grand Line wraps once around the world, meeting in a 90° angle with a mountain ring, which also wraps once around, so they meet twice and if you made a hole into the ring at those two points, the Grand Line would be like a highway which you can travel to get anywhere on the planet (now it even works as a planet, before I was like: "With this geography, wouldn't the world of One Piece be flat?"... but with everything else being unusual anyway, I just ended up shrugging it off).
    I think the world was shown at some point in the manga, but without much emphasis.

The Red Line itself is part of the continents, but the pieces that meet with the Grand Line have the form of giant walls, the Reverse Mountain and the part above Fishman Island.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right, I also realized I have to have sounded quite stupid... the Grand Line being an actual "line" was certainly shown at some points... guess I just couldn't imagine them traveling on what looks like a giant river rather than the open sea... the "feel" is so different.

Also, I've never bothered re-reading the whole story, so the time when they entered the Grand Line is like 10 years ago for me. xD
    Even before they went to the New World (they probably explained it again there), is already a few years ago now... but the problem is probably just that I suck at geography and navigation. *some kind of rl Zoro*

There being no map in the story is a good excuse, but still, it's hard to imagine what a landscape looks like without a picture. @__@

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

i think i figured out what the "D" in luffy,garp etc stand for , first of all i'm gonna quote an article from wikia.com which is based on enel's side journey and history
    Quote Quote:
    There is an ancient city on the moon named Birka (ビルカ Biruka?), where technology and architecture were highly advanced. The city's name is the same as Birka, a Sky Island far to the southeast of Skypiea.[7]

From paintings on the walls, some of the city's history is revealed: it was home to the ancestors of Skypieans, Shandorians, and Birkans, but one day they left Birka and headed to the main planet due to lack of resources on their homeland. They left their creations on the moon: the robot-like creatures named automata.[8] It is unknown when their emigration took place, but it was at least 1,100 years ago, since it was at that time that the city of Shandora was prosperous.[9]

The descendants of the citizens who left the moon appear to have forgotten their origins, although the moon, called "Fairy Vearth" and believed to be a place of dreams, remains a folk tale amongst the Birkans. Enel, after studying history within the Upper Yard, came to the belief that the moon is the legendary land that he sought: an endless land of sacred dirt, also known as "Vearth". This is the reason that he constructed the Ark Maxim.[5]
    Ancient Drawing of Sky People

The ancient population of Birka.

The city, which was in an underground basement within the moon's surface, has been uninhabited for a long time, and has long since fell into ruin. Despite this, the city retains its advanced look, with the automata being in capsules with inactive electric generators and machinery.[10] The Space Pirates had been digging into the ruins while also warring with the four automata that were created by Dr. Tsukimi.

During his adventures on the moon, after defeating the Space Pirates and gaining the loyalty of the four automata he had rescued from certain death, Enel eventually finds the ruins of Birka, and after reading the murals on the walls, recharges the ancient automata, and decides to settle there.[11][12]
    here's the full article http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Moon
    i think it's fairly clear that the ppl with "D" are also descendants of the ancient kingdom and these ppl had wings the reason luffy doesn't have wings is that he's a hybrid so all the others the "D" is not an alphabet character it's a sign representing a half-moon hence a half breed (half earth half moon breed)it was used to idendify the descendance from the ancient kingdom which are moon ppl came to earth and lived with it's ppl and the "D" are the mixture
    Last edited by Arbalest; July 18, 2014 at 11:09 PM.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Kuwait
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet, I have seen this somewhere else (meh)

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast