Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: How does this theory sound to you?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's totaly plausible and I support it!

37 64.91%
  • It does make sense in a way but there are a few holes

11 19.30%
  • It makes sense but I believe the ending would be different

8 14.04%
  • It doesn't make sense at all

1 1.75%
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Inherited Will, "One Piece"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Inherited Will, "One Piece"

Quote Originally Posted by Tournesol View Post
    You're right, I also realized I have to have sounded quite stupid... the Grand Line being an actual "line" was certainly shown at some points... guess I just couldn't imagine them traveling on what looks like a giant river rather than the open sea... the "feel" is so different.

Also, I've never bothered re-reading the whole story, so the time when they entered the Grand Line is like 10 years ago for me. xD
    Even before they went to the New World (they probably explained it again there), is already a few years ago now... but the problem is probably just that I suck at geography and navigation. *some kind of rl Zoro*

There being no map in the story is a good excuse, but still, it's hard to imagine what a landscape looks like without a picture. @__@
    I have found some manga images that give a good idea of what the One Piece world looks like:

Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The world also has massive/continent sized islands, if one can trust the pictures from the artbooks.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Given what I assume about the manga, I don't think there'll be gold or as much gold as I think. Rather, the One Piece will have the history of the world and other stuff that will help us learn more about the world and what happened. Luffy finally finding the One PIece probably won't be the end of the manga, they will probably do more that will change the future for the better. However, Luffy, Franky, and Robin, possibly Usopp, will not have a chance of achieving their dreams until they get to Raftel and in Luffy's case, probably until he beats the government and Celestial Dragons.

From what Rayleigh says, we know that the Void Century has had horrible things happen in it, probably why the government has banned anyone from learning about that century. They don't want people to look at them in a bad light.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree . Please watch this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hLOXKEeC_-Y it seems that the one piece won't be the growth of your heart or anything like the history of the world . Clearly Oda want something on a higher scale then simply gold or Jewelry .

Also I agree I mean they even burned down & killed innocent people on the island Robin was born on to keep the secret hidden . Whatever happen though the Void Century most of tragic the first pirate age .
    What's understood ain't gotta be explained
    But you don't understand me so let me explain
    Stood in the heat, the flames, the snow
    Please slow down hurricane

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no need to watch his annoying or any reviewers videos.

Quote Quote:
    Oda: Yes, I already decided on how it’s going to end. Should I tell you now?
    Sakura: …. Well, I want to know, but I probably shouldn’t. BUT, the One Piece, it’s not something like “the growth your heart went through”, right?
    Oda: Hahaha, no no, I won’t be pulling off some kind of Wizard of Oz thing like that. After having gone through an adventure like that, it wouldn’t be fair to not actually give them a reward.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless Oda made the video or had something to do with it, I'm not gonna watch it. I'm sure the One Piece will be something like that, given the themes of this manga and the kind of crew the Jolly Rogers pirates were. There's a chance they hid the complete information of the Void Century in Raftel because of how horrific it is, and so pirates can experience the world first before they learn about the past.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there will be gold, some amount of it that will act as a distraction to some of them, like Buggy for instance... the final search would be a race IMO
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Those who reach Raftel have far bigger needs than one or two treasure chests of gold...
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamarTheDem View Post
    I don't agree . Please watch this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hLOXKEeC_-Y it seems that the one piece won't be the growth of your heart or anything like the history of the world . Clearly Oda want something on a higher scale then simply gold or Jewelry .
    I feel sad for this guy whenever I see his room...

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Given what I assume about the manga, I don't think there'll be gold or as much gold as I think. Rather, the One Piece will have the history of the world and other stuff that will help us learn more about the world and what happened.
    We do have evidence that One Piece is the Void Century. Whitebeard mentioned that Sengoku was scared of One Piece being found. The only image of Raftel we have looks a lot like the Ancient Kingdom. And this page.

On the other hand... if we look at the conversation with Rayleigh, it is clear that One Piece is not the Void Century. Rayleigh said he was not going to tell what the One Piece is, yet he did say they recovered the history of the Void Century.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Luffy finally finding the One PIece probably won't be the end of the manga, they will probably do more that will change the future for the better. However, Luffy, Franky, and Robin, possibly Usopp, will not have a chance of achieving their dreams until they get to Raftel and in Luffy's case, probably until he beats the government and Celestial Dragons.
    We can predict that there will be a journey back after reaching Raftel because the One Piece series is based on some sort of epic story that always have a journey back in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

But, I'm saying information on the Void Century is part of One Piece, not that it makes up One Piece. There can still be gold and other stuff, and the information could just be more of Rogers or his crew's thoughts.

There probably will be, or there will be a timeskip. However, I can see the manga continuing after One Piece if there is more to do, like changing or taking down the government or really establishing freedom for Luffy and his crew. Hell, there could be a stronger enemy lying in wait that could take arcs to beat.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I never said ANY of you guys had to watch it, that optional . I was just trying to prove the point what Oda said the One Piece isn't . Now I'm currently looking for any subbed interviews or written interview of Oda saying such information so "freely" . Till then I can only watch and speculate like any other viewer of such a video . If the One Piece is gold or treasure GREAT I'll take anything over a spiritual bonding message .

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I never said ANY of you guys had to watch it, that optional . I was just trying to prove the point what Oda said the One Piece isn't . Now I'm currently looking for any subbed interviews or written interview of Oda saying such information so "freely" . Till then I can only watch and speculate like any other viewer of such a video . If the One Piece is gold or treasure GREAT I'll take anything over a spiritual bonding message .

Tbh it would be very stupid if OP is just the history of the void century, so that much is obvious
    And I don't believe there's only gold there either, wouldn't be surprised if one of the weapons is there... Or the origin of the DF ? I mean something huge gotta be there besides the history

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Tbh it would be very stupid if OP is just the history of the void century, so that much is obvious
    And I don't believe there's only gold there either, wouldn't be surprised if one of the weapons is there... Or the origin of the DF ? I mean something huge gotta be there besides the history
    That's what I was thinking too...but it has to me AMAZING because if a evil scientist like Caesar can recreate DF with SMILE it kinda put the origin of Devil Fruits at such a low stander . One Piece, to me needs to be a one time discovery or knowledge . As of now its currently said that the VC (Void Century) is just knowledge the Roger pirates heard along the way, it has nothing to do with One Piece . It most not be that bad if Roger still was driven to find One Piece am I right ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As of now its currently said that the VC (Void Century) is just knowledge the Roger pirates heard along the way, it has nothing to do with One Piece . It most not be that bad if Roger still was driven to find One Piece am I right ?
    Actually, based on Whitebeard's last words, finding One Piece has a LOT to do with the void century. There's no other reason I can think of for why the government is so against people looking for it unless its some super weapon that can be a threat to them (which was the excuse they were using in the 1st place but we found that not to be true). So the other reason involved the true history that Robin is looking for.

Also, Roger wasn't driven to find One Piece as far as I know. He just wanted to conquer the Grand Line. All we're told is that by the time he did, he was called "Pirate King" and he obtained something called One Piece of which the location people questioned him of at his execution. We're also told (indirectly I guess) that the one who obtains it also gains "wealth, fame, and power" and that finding One Piece has a lot to do with inherited will and the dreams of people (more specifically the desire to be free).

I guess if we knew what One Piece was already, a large part of the romance of this story will be watered down by the time we reach the end.

New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast