Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Is the current execution of Edo Tensei doing Justice to the previous buildup for the Jutsu?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Buildup > Great Execution (Satisfied)

2 16.67%
  • Great Buildup > Poor Execution (Unsatisfied)

9 75.00%
  • Poor Buildup > Great Execution (Meh..at least its better now)

0 0%
  • Poor Buildup > Poor Execution (Totally Blowed)

1 8.33%
New Reply
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: The Edo Tensei Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why Did Tobirama develop the Edo Tensei?

Perhaps to make use of a teammate who's mortally wounded?

Or since Tobirama knew about what happens to Uchiha who lose a loved one, maybe it was an attempt to bring that person back from the dead for a time, so they could say their goodbyes or something. Maybe he tried to use it for Madara and his brother Izuna, but it just made things worse.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he developed Edo Tensei as weapons. Madara said it was developed to get rid of the entire battlefield in one fell swoop when he dropped a meteor on the Alliance and himself and Muu without a care. It was probably part of the plan when fighting - use powerful attacks to clear as much battlefield as possible. Maybe this is one of the reasons why Senju were considered one of the best clans - Hashirama and Edo Tensei.

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I think he developed Edo Tensei as weapons. Madara said it was developed to get rid of the entire battlefield in one fell swoop when he dropped a meteor on the Alliance and himself and Muu without a care. It was probably part of the plan when fighting - use powerful attacks to clear as much battlefield as possible. Maybe this is one of the reasons why Senju were considered one of the best clans - Hashirama and Edo Tensei.
    True, it's a good jutsu to go along with Hashirama's large-scale jutsu. If you use a bunch of zombies to fight, then you don't have to worry about injuring your teammates, and Hashirama can spam his huge jutsus like crazy.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as morality is concerned, I don't think they ever prioritised it over the security of the village when deciding Edo Tensei to be a kinjitu.

If you look at Itachi's explanation for Izanami, it is labelled as a kinjutu not because it makes you lose an eye (a personal concern,) but because there is a blatant weakness in the technique (which can endanger the success of a mission.)

I think the main problem here with Edo Tensei is the fact that there is a slight possibility the one being raised would be able to free themselves from control like Madara did. And if they decide to rebel, they would be going on rampage in an invincible body with infinite chakra.

Of course, this is the main way I see it for now, there's a chance that we haven't seen the full extent of this technique yet.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

why didnt 2nd hokage bring back 1st hokage back .

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    Good point. Of course, prioritizing the risk over morality doesn't mean morality isn't a concern. While labelling it as a kinjitu means anyone caught using it is punishable by the Village, Tobirama can still bring back Hashirama for strategic gain, because there's no way Shodai's gonna run wild. Might seem to sound a bit contradictory to my last post in the following explanation, but consider it the will of the First not to be brought back purely out of respect to natural order, and I don't see why this can't be a valid reason in agreement with prioritizing danger over morality of the technique. In fact the point you raised is specifically one of the most important topics of the manga, whether to value power over the 'Will of Fire' as they call it. Your train of thought is exactly that of Orochimaru or Danzou. By all means advantageous, but would the people throw away their integrity for the sake of power?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    recall in the last few chapters hashirama said ET was not a good Jutsu and that his brother should have listened to him "that one time"

so i assume the second knew that Hashirama would want to stay dead, so he respected his brothers wishes ?

like Orochimaru said the second should have never written ET down and should have kept it in his mind..I.E. only he knows how to do it
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobirama most likely didn't bring back Hashirama because it was an unholy jutsu. Not only does it require a living sacrifice, but it also pulls a soul back from the death and messes with time. Tobirama likely chose not to at least use Edo Tensei to bring his brother back out of respect. Plus, it'd totally ruin the idea of trusting in the next generation.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he invented the jutsu to keep beloved people around after death. It's disturbing for their souls.
    Exactly the reason why he labeled it as a Kinjutsu, I'd say.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

That and because it required a live sacrifice, and it wasn't humane, apparently. It was also a kinjutsu likely because it'd have become one of the best weapons, especially if the caster was able to control the bodies. Like how the powers in FMA banned human transmutation to prevent armies, Tobirama probably banned Edo Tensei so no one could make an army out of the dead like Kabuto did.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I also considered that, but in that case, Tobirama might have looked for a suitable person to pass the jutsu down. Someone who won't go crazy with the power he'd be granted through Edo Tensei, like Hiruzen, perhaps.
    So, that fear might not be the primary reason he forbade its usage, but I totally agree, it was inhuman, so, the most likely option is obvious.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt he'd have passed it down to anyone though, even to Hiruzen. He probably did though, but HIruzen never used it because of his beliefs. We saw what he thought of the jutsu, so while he likely did know it, he never used it. Especially being a man of peace, Hiruzen would not believe in a jutsu like htat, as would Hashirama.

If nothing else, the creation of this jutsu says more about Tobirama than anything, in my opinion. He was probably the darkest hokage and resembled Danzou the most, although not quite selfish.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

What is still not explained is Madara's knowledge regarding breaking free out of the contract. This is something Tobirama, who invented the jutsu, Orochimaru, who completed it, and Kabuto, who took it to a wholly new level, don't know about.

Aside from that, the development reason of the Edo Tensei isn't that vague. Tobirama could have had a few more words about it, but he didn't.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Why wouldn't he know about it? Maybe Tobirama does, or maybe Madara merely gambled and rolled a 7.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he gambled about it. He seemed pretty confident about how to release himself free.

New Reply
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast