Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 378 Discussion/379 Prediction Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 378 Spoiler Discussion Thread

^
    I can't its total NTR 0_0 Need to convince myself that those god aliens are full of it.
    If it does continue I hope those god aliens get killed.
    Maybe it will do a timeskip into 46 years where this american boy 16 years old is put in gantz with his mother. Then what happens at the end is they fight those god aliens and win. Not to mention the mother is a Milf and they have it off for each other and during that final mission they learn they were lovers in a former life lol.
    Last edited by 102jayday; March 04, 2013 at 03:40 AM.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The GOD aliens were just a complete boner kill, even worse than your typical dues ex machina. I remember when I first picked up Gantz 7 years ago and thought it was by far the best now it's just wasted but honestly I feel that way about a lot of Mangas that keep going for the fans. gantz would make a much better novel or book IMO

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I really really want to know whats up with the vampires....

I'm telling ya, host Samurai will appear before the end of the volume.

Also, i bet Nishi is alive and wil DEUS EX MACHINA the hell out of some chapter
    Also, Tae will die before Gantz ends

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    But it would be terrible that a manga that started so good ended like this. No matter how it ends, the final part of the Catastrophe has been just awful.
    Almost the entirety of Catastrophe has been awful. It had quite a fair bit of potential, but it's been really bad and drawn out.

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Should be.
    But tbh I don't want to see it again with new characters, just end it.....
    I am still not pleased with the whole Reika will be reborn and give birth to Kei. It would be better if he said now the both of them are dead they can be together in your supposed heaven (then laugh or say hypocrites).
    Like Damura said, it's best off just to ignore it. That entire part was nothing more than a Deus Ex Machina to tie up the Reika/Kei-2 plot. It has no function besides that. More so when the whole soul thing is diluted by the fact that both Kei-2 and Kishimoto Kei are clones with living counterparts. Saying souls don't exist, and then admitting that they do about 2 pages later is basically a testament to the quality of Oku's writing.

Don't even get me started on the generic nihilist lines like "life has no worth" or "there is no hope for the living" that Oku constantly throws out. It's boring and tired.
    Last edited by Matariel; March 04, 2013 at 10:32 AM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Highlights of Katastrophe for me include:

- Kei1's initial search for Tae before the deus ex machina brain scan tracking device bullshit happened
    - Nishi up until he lost his marbles and declared himself emperor of the universe
    - dickass swordfights with the giants (will be awesome if that shit ever gets animated lol)
    - CHERRY!
    -bubble chicken (could have been awesome)
    - and Gonde! (and why not? he's too good!)

What ruined it:
    - poor characterisation
    - excellent side characters introduced and then more or less killed off instantly (basically everyone Tae ever met plus zaibatsu, americans and those guys that Kei2's team found before the bubble monsters)
    - god aliens
    - Nishi's anticlimactic death scene
    - Tae in space
    - nonsense plot
    - Mary
    - Kei2/Reikas death, wtf
    - and the hundreds of panels of the same characters expression as they talk with a white background behind them. Pretty lazy lol, but I can't remember at all whether it's only recent or what?
    Last edited by Damura; March 04, 2013 at 11:44 AM.

8. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^Liked the entire Cherry part too, and the scene with Sekine's mutation and the moment where Reika, Kishimoto, Sei and Baldy got revived and then destroyed again.
    Really liked Fra too, but too bad that she died in such a lame way.:/

The whole Tae and Kurono situation is probably the worst!

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious Weezy View Post
    The GOD aliens were just a complete boner kill, even worse than your typical dues ex machina. I remember when I first picked up Gantz 7 years ago and thought it was by far the best now it's just wasted but honestly I feel that way about a lot of Mangas that keep going for the fans. gantz would make a much better novel or book IMO
    yeah, their deaths while it was a bummer to see those two die, it wasn't that that killed it for me. it was being given the knowledge of what is to become of those two afterwards is what truly bugged me. if Oku wanted a deux ex machina to kill Kurono2 off then alright, but it didn't need to give out the fact that Kei2 gave his life away just so he can have a mother/son relationship (non-incest relationship) with Reika.
    it doesn't help the fact that Kei2's death is so forgettable that whenever you try to think of Kei2's death, all that comes up now is Reika being his mother in his next life.

i've also don't like how Oku has been putting bad-ass fights off-screen lately. the flashback of a previous team fighting those giant bone aliens with several hard-suits with them, the last two Osakans fighting the spores, Reika's final fight, the American team fighting the aliens and defeating Gonde and his group, Gonde's latest fight with one of the American team.

and an explanation as to how that certain American team is the only one with a working sphere? is that the "prize" that Nishi spoke of? of the ones who defeat the giants will rule the world, that their sphere will be the only working sphere as their prize thus having the potential to rule the world?
    Last edited by playerdude; March 04, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy! This chapter is super exiting! NOT! Spanish translation: http://wwww.mcanime.net/manga_enline...a/446074/2#ver

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Another chapter that can be summed up in two sentences... Oh well, at least we're one step closer to resolution.

Hey, the Giant might put on a suit and reveal that HE was the Host Samurai all along!

Gonde: "Kei... I am the host samurai!"
    Kei: "TAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEE!!!"
    *jumps off the mothership*

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter! He doesn't even need weapons! Such a bad ass!

And such intense build up for a fight!

He will make couple of Rasengans and smack Madara to the ground whilst everyone is watching! Naruto will surely win!

EDIT:

Crap.. wrong forum...

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Sollum; March 04, 2013 at 03:21 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DemonePower's Avatar
    Country
    Cobra
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter... but
    Kaze will help Kei!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

ppl say its a wasted chapter but tbh all those so called wasted panels were needed, the shit is gonna hit the fan lets see whats gonna happen

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, guys! I new here, and this is my first reply. Sorry for the bad english.

Gantz does not end this year. Nor the next. There remain many points without explanation, as the Vampires, Sebastian (I know it is implied that he is, but I still think it would play an important role in the story) Kei2 (I still am, really? I mean, seriously?). Now is the proof.

The authors of manga, including Oku, do not give point unknotted. So why the return of original Kishimoto? If it really was the end, it would be unnecessary to focus on it. Frankly, no frame would be worthwhile to spend with her if that's all. So I can only think that there is still left to gantz story come to an end.

Another thing are the God Aliens. They are not allies actually seems true enemies. Judging from the conversation Nurarihyon, they seem to have caused the destruction of the aliens in the solar system, but possessed so much power that they could do nothing to stop, so they fled to Earth. But God provided this equipment Aliens Gantz to ensure the survival of non-human, but to ensure that the aliens not to settle on the planet, how to maintain his empire.

My bet. No chance of a peaceful solution, even with the duel between the Gond and Eeve Kurono. What will happen to the aliens and their ship? After chapters with Fra, one realizes that there is no big difference between humans and the alien invaders. No matter who is up or not, the two have the same kind of emotion, "human" as love, anger, hatred and revenge.

I do not know what the outcome of the duel, but I see the prospect of an alliance between the two sides against God Aliens. How did they win? No idea, but noted that Gantz loved by their creativity and also his criticism of the nature of people.

Gantz is magnus opus of Hiroya as in Oku Berserk is Kentariu Miura. Both possuiem the slow pace, a hateful character (in the beginning), but a fascinating character development. And none of them seem nearly over. But I embarked on this journey for many years, and I hope Oku an end worthy of his talent, which is huge.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Otaku400's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Chapter.
    Its better than the last one.
    I think the fight between Gonde and kei can be verry interessiting.
    But i also tthink thats Gantz is end in the next few Chapters.

Maybe Oku will make a new Gantz Manga?
    Someday a User will appear to save the whole Internet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Gah the first 8 pages were wasted on Tae Kei Cry crap again could of lowered that to 3 pages....I swear he prob copys and paste that now considering he has done like 200 pages of them doing that....
    I like how they had the original Kei Kishimoto say Kei Kurono. How did that set of jugs survive the attack??? She has Tae cells? lol
    But we should have at least 3/4 of the next chapter as the fight, I am sure Oku will show Tae alot saying Kei again but will have people watching the tv say please win.

He will prob show mercy and let them leave. The other gantzers were not, they were toying with them. So if Kei wins this he is the human that runs things against these aliens so it's his decision.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast