Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 378 Discussion/379 Prediction Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 378 Spoiler Discussion Thread

I also really hate how superior Kurono has become. In my mind he is still at least an average Gantzer. Compared to other gantzer he is not long enough in the game to get that experienced and strong as he is shown now. To take out an alien like Gonde it would even give a gantzer like Oka Hachiro in a hard-suit and Z-gun a hard time. Miss the old days of Gantz...
    In this chapter I can see a lot of reuses.:/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't know if he'll win or not but he certainly never came across as the kind of guy who could take on the alien that wiped out an ambush of 30 guys instantly..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurono has the edge guys and he also has the Oku power. Oku will help Kei do it!

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shionoro View Post
    I really really want to know whats up with the vampires....

I'm telling ya, host Samurai will appear before the end of the volume.

Also, i bet Nishi is alive and wil DEUS EX MACHINA the hell out of some chapter
    Also, Tae will die before Gantz ends
    Hmm, now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing Nishi actually dying. Whilst I, personally, doubt that he will come back, does it actually show his death or could it be that he's alive?

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by A_N_G_E_L View Post
    ^Liked the entire Cherry part too, and the scene with Sekine's mutation and the moment where Reika, Kishimoto, Sei and Baldy got revived and then destroyed again.
    Beyond a doubt, my Katastrophe highlights. You nailed it, Angel!

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DemonePower View Post
    Nice chapter... but
    Kaze will help Kei!!!
    SOMEBODY (read: Katou) is going to help Kei. They've all gone too far as characters and as friends to leave their leader completely at the hands of Gonde. I mean, eve if Gonde wants a 1v1 fight, the Tokyo Gantzers haven't been shown to be the type to leave their friend to die. Well, that's what I think, at least.

Oh, and I gotta say. Even though this ending is pretty annoying to most, I still think it's a LOT more satisfying than the shitty first anime ending.

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by danteppr View Post
    Gantz does not end this year. Nor the next. There remain many points without explanation, as the Vampires, Sebastian (I know it is implied that he is, but I still think it would play an important role in the story) Kei2 (I still am, really? I mean, seriously?). Now is the proof.

I do not know what the outcome of the duel, but I see the prospect of an alliance between the two sides against God Aliens. How did they win? No idea, but noted that Gantz loved by their creativity and also his criticism of the nature of people.
    About the end of the manga, Oku did say that this was going to be the final arc. And it's already a pretty long arc so I can't imagine it being extended any longer...
    About the giants and humans working together to defeat the God aliens; interesting idea, but I kind of get the feeling that the God aliens have already left for good by this point.

Then again, I kind of like that idea (despite the fact that the giants have next to nothing at this point hahaha)

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nishi wasn't shown dying. He was surrounded by hundreds of airships, but the giants were defeated 5 mins later so who knows. Maybe he lucked out again.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AxelCross's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope Nishi returns. He does not deserve to be left in purgatory; that's just shameful. He's the most badass 8(9?)th grader in the world.

I liked Kei's arrogance. With what he's been through and done, he's got all the reason in the world to believe he can do this when every ignorant worm on Earth is telling him otherwise. RIP HIM APART, DAYLIGHT!! I feel like Paul Giamatii in Cinderella Man when he's about to kick Bear's ass and he's just like "Now get in there...and BURY 'IM!!!"

Even I'm beginning to tire of this tedium. But eh, at this point I'm just glad to even have Gantz. I really don't want it to end, even if it is subpar in comparison to its earlier life, it's still great to have that universe alive.
    In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade.
    Hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Necron's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Waiting 4 weeks for Kei to say "Yes, I'll fight you" just so we can wait another 4 weeks?

Are those spoilers a joke, I mean am I dreaming or something?
    My Deviant Art
    But don't expect any Manga drawing here, haven't done that in a long time.

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nishi is our last hope in Gantz, he will be back on Earth and kill tae and let Kurono know that if he didn't fight Gonde then Tae would be alive lololol.
    This arc has been terrible but yes the bubbles turning them into massive freaks was the best thing.
    I think that Kaiji will jump in and help. He was the only one to go right at the bone aliens. But him and the new guys will be like wtf kei is alive??

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be surprising if Kurono lost the duel, Eeve Gond also called Kei2 to be killed by him. He knows of the existence of two Kuronos.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/37822/g...by_whatever/16
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/37822/g...by_whatever/17

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

God! I hope he ends it here at volume 37... If he doesn't I see another "Tae chan" "Kei chan" arc happening.
    But honestly I can't stand this anymore, fillers, fillers, fillers. Butt hey I've been reading some pretty cool stuff lately due to the boredom of waiting for new chapters, and for that Oku, I thank you. ^^
    Butt yeah, I see him going out with a bang.

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Try Vagabond if you haven't already.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 378 Discussion/379 Prediction Thread

Man, that took forever. I least I know that I'll be seeing a fight in the next chapter. I think that kei has a very good chance of winning. He has the most experience when it comes to fighting one on one, one against many, and I still think that lightning guy was tougher than this giant. Also, he's already fought against an alien that used the same weapons so it won't be a surprise to him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 378 Discussion/379 Prediction Thread

Well, Gonde is injured, so one lucky hit from Kurono could take him out. I'm not surprised if Kato jumps in to take a killing hit for Kei. The good news is, Kaze is going to be able to return to Takeshi and bringing a new chick with him.

All in all, he was probably the only one in the entire manga to benefit from this entire arc.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    ^

Try Vagabond if you haven't already.
    Jesus christ Vagabond is FUCKING AWESOME!

I never was able to finish it though. I stopped reading after he took on the entire clan by himself.

I dunno, this chapter was fine for me.

I was really glad to see kurono tell humanity to fuck off in his head.

Its odd though seeing such a formal introduction for Kei into a battle.

He literally ran up to gonde with no weapons in his hand.

This better be a great designed fight, otherwise it won't be worth it to see kei survive.

Kei always feels he's massively underwhelmed by a boss figure.

This is the first time where it feels like the boss fight is starting on Equal ground.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AxelCross View Post
    I really hope Nishi returns. He does not deserve to be left in purgatory; that's just shameful. He's the most badass 8(9?)th grader in the world.

I liked Kei's arrogance. With what he's been through and done, he's got all the reason in the world to believe he can do this when every ignorant worm on Earth is telling him otherwise. RIP HIM APART, DAYLIGHT!! I feel like Paul Giamatii in Cinderella Man when he's about to kick Bear's ass and he's just like "Now get in there...and BURY 'IM!!!"

Even I'm beginning to tire of this tedium. But eh, at this point I'm just glad to even have Gantz. I really don't want it to end, even if it is subpar in comparison to its earlier life, it's still great to have that universe alive.
    Why you say arrogance? All he's saying is "I don't care what happens to this world as long as I'm able to see Tae again." I wouldn't consider that arrogance. He isn't saying that he is winning, but he has to win in order to see Tae again, which is of utmost importance to him.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast