Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gantz 378 Discussion/379 Prediction Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Shenduk's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 378 Discussion/379 Prediction Thread

It pisses me off that even when a chapter is supposed to be thrilling, the final result is bad. All because of Oku's habit of wasting pages with panels so he doesn't have to advance the plot much. Oh, I rage.

Pages with two giant panels of Kei and Tae looking at each other, crying and saying something stupid like the awful "Tae-chan Kei-chan". Two pages with Kei expressing his sole resolution of coming back to Tae. Pages of people all around the world saying "Kurono hurr Kurono".

I can see the Aryan alien suddenly being defeated by Kei (even when Eva won against guys who are supposed to be better fighters than Kei) with no good explanation or the group cowardly ganging up on the alien to save the planet (good reason to do it, but still a let down since there were the whole 1 x 1 thing, would make the non-japanese look stupid).

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Masterpice's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never saw so many pointless pages!!!! I guess it would be ok if it would come out every week but twice a month??? That's a joke....and very bad one.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shenduk View Post
    It pisses me off that even when a chapter is supposed to be thrilling, the final result is bad. All because of Oku's habit of wasting pages with panels so he doesn't have to advance the plot much. Oh, I rage.

Pages with two giant panels of Kei and Tae looking at each other, crying and saying something stupid like the awful "Tae-chan Kei-chan". Two pages with Kei expressing his sole resolution of coming back to Tae. Pages of people all around the world saying "Kurono hurr Kurono".

I can see the Aryan alien suddenly being defeated by Kei (even when Eva won against guys who are supposed to be better fighters than Kei) with no good explanation or the group cowardly ganging up on the alien to save the planet (good reason to do it, but still a let down since there were the whole 1 x 1 thing, would make the non-japanese look stupid).

Did we ever get explanation why Kurono was able to defeat so many powerful aliens other than just because he knows how to survive and he never gives up??? Well I don't need any this time too. I don't want others to help him cause this whole arc was so stupid because of this search for Tae and I want him fight properly this time...one on one...it suppose to be a duel.
    Sorry for grammar mistakes.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurono could be a representation of mind over matter, since we have seen how his suit last longer than other Gantzers. Why is this though, what does the suit base the suits "power" on, perhaps it bases it on ones will to live, their fight for survival and when it comes down to it, Kurono is probably the most courageous when it comes to this. He has always tried to fight to his last breath the reason why the copycat Kurono fell the way he did was because of his doubt, knowing he was just a copy, nota real a person. So that Kurono became flawed with doubt which caused him to be weaker than the original Kurono.

It may be revealed in the next chapter as to what makes Kurono a force to be reckoned with but if I"m not mistaken, way back in the middle of the arc, he did survive against a pack of aliens in a 1 v multiple enemy fight and even after that he survived the encounter in which they targted him at his school.

Think these scenes provide a way of evoking that Kurono is like a cornered animal, when push comes to shove he'll bear his fangs and strike down anything that threatens his survival.

It's possibly Kurono himself is a depiction of animal instinct, of the most basic instict, surival. Though this possible last encounter may show how strong Kurono's will is, but judging from the last panel, Kurono is all about survival, he wants to survive to see Tae again, but he doesn't care if the world is destroyed. Granted that a tad contradictive but the statement in hand relates to his way of thinking.

He fights for love, he doesn't fight for humanity.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^If he got so strong because of "love" shouldn't be Kishimoto(clone), Sei, Reika, Cherry etc, still be alive and some of the strongest Gantzer? And besides that I'm sure there would be plenty of other Gantzer who fight for love. The whole thing is very unrealistic. Besides that, we talk about Gantz and not Sailor Moon. -.-

My (serious/non-sarcastic)prediction for the next chapter: Kurono pulls a weapon out of his ass(most likely the Katana)while he thinks about Tae. Tae and the rest of the world and the other Gantzer watch with big suspense what happens next. Then suddenly the alien makes the first move and both, Kurono and the alien, run towards each other. Big panel of Kurono's screaming face and flashing pictures/memories of Tae-chan. One of them attacks and the other one manages to dodge the attack, this goes on for a while. Lots of close up panels of Kurono, the alien, Tae and eventually Katou and the others.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A_N_G_E_L View Post
    ^If he got so strong because of "love" shouldn't be Kishimoto(clone), Sei, Reika, Cherry etc, still be alive and some of the strongest Gantzer? And besides that I'm sure there would be plenty of other Gantzer who fight for love. The whole thing is very unrealistic. Besides that, we talk about Gantz and not Sailor Moon. -.-

My (serious/non-sarcastic)prediction for the next chapter: Kurono pulls a weapon out of his ass(most likely the Katana)while he thinks about Tae. Tae and the rest of the world and the other Gantzer watch with big suspense what happens next. Then suddenly the alien makes the first move and both, Kurono and the alien, run towards each other. Big panel of Kurono's screaming face and flashing pictures/memories of Tae-chan. One of them attacks and the other one manages to dodge the attack, this goes on for a while. Lots of close up panels of Kurono, the alien, Tae and eventually Katou and the others.
    You're starting to get pissed, aren't you? The pace is annoying but I've seen worse. Vagabond, Hajime no Ippo, Berserk, these are far slower in pacing and really take forever to get to any kind of fight or resolution. When is Caska going to get her memory? When is ippo going to fight Ricardo Martinez? When is Musashi going to fight Kojiro? Their pacing is way slower than this.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^At least there are no wasted panels of face closeups, no ridiculous plot-armors and constant yelling of names.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 378 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gantzter127 View Post
    God! I hope he ends it here at volume 37... If he doesn't I see another "Tae chan" "Kei chan" arc happening.
    But honestly I can't stand this anymore, fillers, fillers, fillers. Butt hey I've been reading some pretty cool stuff lately due to the boredom of waiting for new chapters, and for that Oku, I thank you. ^^
    Butt yeah, I see him going out with a bang.
    Hmm, well isn't the whole third phase Tae chan/Kei-chan saga?

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

I would be pissed at all the unecessary drama involving Kei's last battle if it weren't for the fact the series is near it's end.

It's obvious the author is gonna drag this out because a popular series is hard to replace.

For the matter, is there any clue of which manga will take Gantz place on the magazine once it's finished?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the best build up chapters I've ever seen actually... I have a tough time understanding why you hated it, this isn't the first time the author showing us the reaction of people, but this chapter was really good because it just showed us something that I always like about Kurono : his obsession... Screw humanity, screw everything, he only cares for Tae... You guys said you missed selfish Kurono, well you've been served... He didn't go to save the world, he went there for Tae

Really looking forward the next chapters

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I notice that newer chapters of gantz not only gets worse but has fans upset. I know Oku talked about how he rarely goes on 2ch because of the fear of reading fans hating his work and making him want to quit. I feel like if he actually read 2chan once in awhile gantz's improvement on the last arc could of have been better. Also, randomly thought, but now that gantz is finishing I know I'm going to have to wait another 3 months because Miru is retard and would rather play idolmaster than work on Berserk, which was the reason why I picked up gantz to fill in the damn gaps.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I thought it was pretty good. The only useless panels were the 2 leading up to Kishimoto Kei where it's like 20 people all saying "kurono". that would be fucking annoying in an anime lol. at least here I can look at it and more or less go 'yep, skip this page'.

Got to the last panel and thought to myself 'hang on a minute, he's got no weapons!' This will be interesting..

Maybe he'll swing all the way around on one of the straps on Gonde's suit and kick him in the nutts from behind.

Or maybe he'll cartwheel for a nearby sword/H-gun or something and start bouncing from wall to wall like Shishio Gen from Kekkaishi, picking up speed until like a flash of lightning he attacks and brings down the ceiling before cannonballing into space for safety. Then Gonde and Kei swordfight in space while holding their breath until Ryou transfers in on the Gantz bike and scoops him up. 'Kei-chan, I love you'. 'Yes Ryou-san, let's fight the man' *swordfight* *swordfight* *swordfight*, *explosion* 'Kei watch out, his pants have been torn to shreds, don't let it touch you!' 'OH NO ITS TRANSFORMING' *katou injures the tip with his x-gun* "Cut one down and three more grow in its place. Good lord we'll never make it".

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Damura; March 06, 2013 at 10:15 AM.

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to be a party pooper or state obvious things... but Gonde will be defeated.

Why? Because GOD aliens clearly stated when Reika's and Kei's data shall be reunited.
    And the way this manga was made, nothing can doubt GOD alien words.

Al thou what leaves me in question is that aliens did not specify which Kei shall be born to Reikia.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Those god aliens are hypocrites they are full of it (convinces self)
    Well as many state current chapters have not been good to read, but imo it would be great material to use in a anime.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Sollum: Could be either really. You'd have to figure Kei1 is closest to the 'original', soul and all.. which begs the question where the hell did Kei2 get his soul?

but on the other hand if these lives are supposed to be so intertwined, Kei2 obviously has the stronger ties to Reika.

So, will Gonde be defeated? Not necessarily. It's a given that Earth isn't destroyed but there are several paths to that outcome. And what was Gonde's threat? Is it the case that now that Kei has appeared he will back off no matter what?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Coolperson1145's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, a lot of what I wanted to say has already been claimed, but how come no one pointed out how fucking bipolar the people of the world are? I know it's Gantz, which was suppose to show off the worse in humans, but the previous involved all of these random people saying "KEI! GO UP THERE AND FIGHT! WE DON'T WANNA DIE!" And now everyone turns into saying "OH NO! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE NOW!" after he actually decides to go up and fight Gonde. Even the news people are saying "We're fucked, the end of the world is almost here!" I'm sorry, it's a small detail, but it makes no fucking sense! Then again, so many things in Gantz make no sense anymore :/

Also...is Kei jumping near the end, or is he floating, going Super Saiyan?

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast